Monday, April 08, 2013
The Hub's New Late Night Sitcom Block; WGN Radio Talks to Marion Ross, New Sitcom Reading in Chicago This Weekend (April 13-14)
As we broke back on March 11, The Hub has acquired Who's the Boss? and they started airing it last week, but now we have more updates on The Hub's schedule. Who's the Boss? airs Tuesday nights 12-2am ET but we didn't mention in the original story that it also now airs in late nights on most weeknights (Mon-Wed nights) at 3:30am. Surrounding the sitcom on those nights is Laverne & Shirley at 2am, Happy Days at 2:30am, and Mork & Mindy at 3am, with the aforementioned Who's the Boss?, to create a two-hour, late night sitcom block. Sitcoms are no longer airing in primetime, except for ALF on Sunday nights 9-11pm and Thursdays 8-9pm, and The Hub's You Rule Thursday block (9pm-12am, encores 1-4am). On to the weekend, Friday nights from 2-3am had The Facts of Life, but now they have removed that hour with repeats of Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader. Not to worry, The Facts of Life will still be featured from time to time on You Rule Thursday block. Happy Days (3-4am), Laverne & Shirley (4am) and Mork & Mindy (4:30am) remain on Friday nights. On Saturday nights, we have Happy Days (3-4am) and Laverne & Shirley (4am) only. And finally on Sunday nights, we have ALF at 1am, Mork & Mindy at 1:30am, followed by the unchanged Doogie Howser at 2am, Family Ties at 2:30am, and Sabrina the Teenage Witch at 3am. As mentioned earlier, in primetime on Sundays we have ALF from 9-11pm, which recently replaced Lois & Clark, which is off the line-up for now. Stay with us for continued updates on The Hub and tune in tonight for the new late night Hub sitcom block beginning at 2am ET!
Marion Ross, who is best known of course as Mrs. Cunningham on the '70s sitcom Happy Days and of course one of the celebrities we have interviewed back in 2011, was recently on WGN Radio in Chicago on the new TV pilot she is working on, her past TV appearances before Happy Days (Life with Father, Rawhide, Hawaii Five-0, etc), of course Happy Days, and current appearances later this spring on ABC's The Middle, Anger Management and more. So what pilot is she in? fubble entertainment, LLC. founded by the Emmy® award-winning team of Teresa L. Thome and Patrick W. Ziegler, will stage a public reading and filming of their sitcom in development, I've Got a Life in Kalamazoo. The event, in partnership with Chicago's Museum of Broadcast Communications, features an award-winning cast led by triple threat performer Vicki Lewis (NewsRadio, Broadway/Chicago, Finding Nemo), multiple Emmy® and Golden Globe winner, Ed Asner (The Mary Tyler Moore Show), and Emmy® and Golden Globe Nominee, Marion Ross (Happy Days, Brothers & Sisters, Gilmore Girls). Gregory Jbara (Tony Award® – Billy Elliot, Blue Bloods/CBS) and two-time Emmy® winner Patrick W. Ziegler are also featured in the cast. The reading will take place at the Museum of Broadcast Communications at 360 N. State Street in downtown Chicago with two readings -- Saturday, April 13 at 7:30 pm CT and Sunday, April 14 at 2:00 pm CT. Tickets, on sale now at www.LifeInKzoo.com, range in price from $22 to $155. Some pricing includes VIP options to meet and dine with the cast. All audience members will be given the opportunity to provide feedback. Proceeds will benefit the Museum of Broadcast Communications. Additional partners include The MeTV Network, WCIU, The U and Sol Design, with support from Bryan Cave, LLP. fubble is promising an engaging, entertaining, and one-of-a-kind experience. I’ve Got A Life in Kalamazoo is about Nilah Hoyer (Lewis), a small town singer/performer. In the midst of a mid-life crisis, Nilah decides to finally attempt to move her career to the next level. With a best friend, Clayton Croft, living the fabulous life in Chicago, urging her to move to the Windy City, and a husband who merrily rolls along with all the punches, this is finally her moment. With one phone call, a turn of events occurs and Nilah must stay in Kalamazoo – reluctantly – to care for her aging parents, Bob and Imelda Hoyer. Stay tuned for further updates on this potential pilot, but if you're in Chicago, go watch the pilot taping! Anyway, listen to the great interview Marion gives to WGN Radio's Dave Plier.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (April/May)
04/04 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Fifth Season
04/11 - Father Knows Best - Season Five
04/11 - Schitt's Creek - The Complete Third Season
04/11 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/11 - Veep - The Complete Fifth Season
05/02 - Red, White and Blue Collar Sitcoms - Make TV Great Again
05/09 - ALF - The Complete DVD Collection
05/09 - Divorce - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
05/09 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Second Season
05/16 - The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air - The Complete Series
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, May 22
Angie Tribeca - "License to Drill" (TBS, 10:30PM ET/PT)
Geils lands in trouble when he helps a woman investigate whether her husband is having an affair.
Young & Hungry - "Young & Amnesia" (Freeform, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Gabi attempts to cure Josh's amnesia by re-creating the first time they met.
Baby Daddy - "Daddy's Girl" (Freeform, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Riley is confined to the couch; Ben struggles to answer Emma's questions about her mother.
Monday, May 22
- Chelsea Handler (Are You There, Chelsea?) - Watch Chelsea on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. She chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Kyle Chandler (What About Joan?) - Kyle appears on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He also talks about Bloodline on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Michaela Watkins (Casual/Trophy Wife) - Michaela is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Seaton Smith (Mulaney) - Seaton stops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Nicole Richie (Great News) - Nicole visits Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Nico Tortorella (Younger) - Nico appears on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Kym Whitley (Young & Hungry/Animal Practice/The Parkers) - Kym guest co-hosts The Real, so check your local listings.
- Tichina Arnold (Survivor's Remorse/Happily Divorced/Everybody Hates Chris/Martin) - Tichina appears on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Brenda Strong (The Help/Scorch) - Brenda talks about Supergirl on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Tituss Burgess (Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt) - Tituss joins Clinton Kelly to whip up a delicious delight on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Patti LaBelle (Out All Night) - Patti performs a jazz song from her new album on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.
- Loretta Devine and Lil Rel Howery (The Carmichael Show) - Loretta and Lil are guests on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 11:30am ET.
- Zoe Lister-Jones (Life in Pieces/Friends with Better Lives/Whitney) - Zoe talks about her new comedy Band Aid on the AOL Build Show 1pm.
- Ellie Reed (Girlboss) - Ellie talks about Girlboss on the AOL Build Show at 5pm.