Monday, April 08, 2013
The Hub's New Late Night Sitcom Block; WGN Radio Talks to Marion Ross, New Sitcom Reading in Chicago This Weekend (April 13-14)
As we broke back on March 11, The Hub has acquired Who's the Boss? and they started airing it last week, but now we have more updates on The Hub's schedule. Who's the Boss? airs Tuesday nights 12-2am ET but we didn't mention in the original story that it also now airs in late nights on most weeknights (Mon-Wed nights) at 3:30am. Surrounding the sitcom on those nights is Laverne & Shirley at 2am, Happy Days at 2:30am, and Mork & Mindy at 3am, with the aforementioned Who's the Boss?, to create a two-hour, late night sitcom block. Sitcoms are no longer airing in primetime, except for ALF on Sunday nights 9-11pm and Thursdays 8-9pm, and The Hub's You Rule Thursday block (9pm-12am, encores 1-4am). On to the weekend, Friday nights from 2-3am had The Facts of Life, but now they have removed that hour with repeats of Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader. Not to worry, The Facts of Life will still be featured from time to time on You Rule Thursday block. Happy Days (3-4am), Laverne & Shirley (4am) and Mork & Mindy (4:30am) remain on Friday nights. On Saturday nights, we have Happy Days (3-4am) and Laverne & Shirley (4am) only. And finally on Sunday nights, we have ALF at 1am, Mork & Mindy at 1:30am, followed by the unchanged Doogie Howser at 2am, Family Ties at 2:30am, and Sabrina the Teenage Witch at 3am. As mentioned earlier, in primetime on Sundays we have ALF from 9-11pm, which recently replaced Lois & Clark, which is off the line-up for now. Stay with us for continued updates on The Hub and tune in tonight for the new late night Hub sitcom block beginning at 2am ET!
Marion Ross, who is best known of course as Mrs. Cunningham on the '70s sitcom Happy Days and of course one of the celebrities we have interviewed back in 2011, was recently on WGN Radio in Chicago on the new TV pilot she is working on, her past TV appearances before Happy Days (Life with Father, Rawhide, Hawaii Five-0, etc), of course Happy Days, and current appearances later this spring on ABC's The Middle, Anger Management and more. So what pilot is she in? fubble entertainment, LLC. founded by the Emmy® award-winning team of Teresa L. Thome and Patrick W. Ziegler, will stage a public reading and filming of their sitcom in development, I've Got a Life in Kalamazoo. The event, in partnership with Chicago's Museum of Broadcast Communications, features an award-winning cast led by triple threat performer Vicki Lewis (NewsRadio, Broadway/Chicago, Finding Nemo), multiple Emmy® and Golden Globe winner, Ed Asner (The Mary Tyler Moore Show), and Emmy® and Golden Globe Nominee, Marion Ross (Happy Days, Brothers & Sisters, Gilmore Girls). Gregory Jbara (Tony Award® – Billy Elliot, Blue Bloods/CBS) and two-time Emmy® winner Patrick W. Ziegler are also featured in the cast. The reading will take place at the Museum of Broadcast Communications at 360 N. State Street in downtown Chicago with two readings -- Saturday, April 13 at 7:30 pm CT and Sunday, April 14 at 2:00 pm CT. Tickets, on sale now at www.LifeInKzoo.com, range in price from $22 to $155. Some pricing includes VIP options to meet and dine with the cast. All audience members will be given the opportunity to provide feedback. Proceeds will benefit the Museum of Broadcast Communications. Additional partners include The MeTV Network, WCIU, The U and Sol Design, with support from Bryan Cave, LLP. fubble is promising an engaging, entertaining, and one-of-a-kind experience. I’ve Got A Life in Kalamazoo is about Nilah Hoyer (Lewis), a small town singer/performer. In the midst of a mid-life crisis, Nilah decides to finally attempt to move her career to the next level. With a best friend, Clayton Croft, living the fabulous life in Chicago, urging her to move to the Windy City, and a husband who merrily rolls along with all the punches, this is finally her moment. With one phone call, a turn of events occurs and Nilah must stay in Kalamazoo – reluctantly – to care for her aging parents, Bob and Imelda Hoyer. Stay tuned for further updates on this potential pilot, but if you're in Chicago, go watch the pilot taping! Anyway, listen to the great interview Marion gives to WGN Radio's Dave Plier.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (February/March)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbrekable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, March 25
Henry Danger - "Gas or Fail" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Captain Man finds himself trapped underground, Henry must devise a way to sneak out of his school's standardized testing to save Ray.
Game Shakers - "Llama Llama Spit Spit" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
After the Game Shakers get kicked out of Fooders to make room for a guest who has his photo on the wall, Babe becomes determined to get their own photo up using any means necessary.
Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn - "To Be Invited or Not to Be" (Nickelodeon, 9:00PM ET/PT)
The quads make a new friend, an amazing inventor, but when not all of them get invited back to hang out again, they start to wonder why.
Love Thy Neighbor - "Better Late Than Never" (OWN, 9:00PM ET/PT)
A missed call leaves Danny and his family in a bad place.
Love Thy Neighbor - "Make Up or Make Out" (OWN, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Still upset with his friends, Danny takes the advice of his family.
Sunday, March 26
- Sanaa Lathan (Family Guy/The Cleveland Show/LateLine) - Catch Sanaa on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Chris Pratt (Parks and Recreation) - Watch Chris on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Richard Dreyfuss (Your Family or Mine) - Richard appears on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Lily Tomlin (Grace and Frankie/Malibu Country) and Jane Fonda (Grace and Frankie) - Lily and Jane are guests on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. They also chat with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Craig Ferguson (The Drew Carey Show) - Craig visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He will also be on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Rachel Dratch (Imaginary Mary) - Rachel is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Pete Holmes (Crashing) - Pete stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jenna Elfman (Imaginary Mary/1600 Penn/Accidentally on Purpose/Courting Alex/Dharma & Greg) - Jenna appears on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Ron Funches (Powerless/Undateable) - Ron is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Kaitlin Olson (The Mick/It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia) - Kaitlin drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Wendi McLendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Wendi appears on a repeat of Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends/The Comeback) - Lisa is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Mark Consuelos (Alpha House/Hope & Faith) - Mark guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Tahj Mowry, Derek Theler and Jean-Luc Bilodeau (Baby Daddy) - Tahj, Derek and Jean-Luc are guests on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Tika Sumpter (The Game) - Tika appears on a repeat of The Real, so check your local listings.
- Vanessa Bell Calloway (Rhythm & Blues) - Vanessa is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- June Diane Raphael (Grace and Frankie) - June talks about Grace and Frankie on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Molly/Samantha Who?) and Ben Falcone (Joey) - Melissa and Ben talk TV Land's Nobodies on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Brooklyn Decker (Grace and Frankie/Friends with Better Lives) - Brookyln stops by People Now at 8:30am.
- Marcia Gay Harden (Trophy Wife) - Marcia opens up about her favorite part of being in the 50 Shades movies on People Now at 8:30am. \
- Tracee Ellis Ross (black-ish/Girlfriends) - Tracee dishes about her Golden Globe win on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 2am on BET or on your local stations.