Monday, April 08, 2013
The Hub's New Late Night Sitcom Block; WGN Radio Talks to Marion Ross, New Sitcom Reading in Chicago This Weekend (April 13-14)
As we broke back on March 11, The Hub has acquired Who's the Boss? and they started airing it last week, but now we have more updates on The Hub's schedule. Who's the Boss? airs Tuesday nights 12-2am ET but we didn't mention in the original story that it also now airs in late nights on most weeknights (Mon-Wed nights) at 3:30am. Surrounding the sitcom on those nights is Laverne & Shirley at 2am, Happy Days at 2:30am, and Mork & Mindy at 3am, with the aforementioned Who's the Boss?, to create a two-hour, late night sitcom block. Sitcoms are no longer airing in primetime, except for ALF on Sunday nights 9-11pm and Thursdays 8-9pm, and The Hub's You Rule Thursday block (9pm-12am, encores 1-4am). On to the weekend, Friday nights from 2-3am had The Facts of Life, but now they have removed that hour with repeats of Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader. Not to worry, The Facts of Life will still be featured from time to time on You Rule Thursday block. Happy Days (3-4am), Laverne & Shirley (4am) and Mork & Mindy (4:30am) remain on Friday nights. On Saturday nights, we have Happy Days (3-4am) and Laverne & Shirley (4am) only. And finally on Sunday nights, we have ALF at 1am, Mork & Mindy at 1:30am, followed by the unchanged Doogie Howser at 2am, Family Ties at 2:30am, and Sabrina the Teenage Witch at 3am. As mentioned earlier, in primetime on Sundays we have ALF from 9-11pm, which recently replaced Lois & Clark, which is off the line-up for now. Stay with us for continued updates on The Hub and tune in tonight for the new late night Hub sitcom block beginning at 2am ET!
Marion Ross, who is best known of course as Mrs. Cunningham on the '70s sitcom Happy Days and of course one of the celebrities we have interviewed back in 2011, was recently on WGN Radio in Chicago on the new TV pilot she is working on, her past TV appearances before Happy Days (Life with Father, Rawhide, Hawaii Five-0, etc), of course Happy Days, and current appearances later this spring on ABC's The Middle, Anger Management and more. So what pilot is she in? fubble entertainment, LLC. founded by the Emmy® award-winning team of Teresa L. Thome and Patrick W. Ziegler, will stage a public reading and filming of their sitcom in development, I've Got a Life in Kalamazoo. The event, in partnership with Chicago's Museum of Broadcast Communications, features an award-winning cast led by triple threat performer Vicki Lewis (NewsRadio, Broadway/Chicago, Finding Nemo), multiple Emmy® and Golden Globe winner, Ed Asner (The Mary Tyler Moore Show), and Emmy® and Golden Globe Nominee, Marion Ross (Happy Days, Brothers & Sisters, Gilmore Girls). Gregory Jbara (Tony Award® – Billy Elliot, Blue Bloods/CBS) and two-time Emmy® winner Patrick W. Ziegler are also featured in the cast. The reading will take place at the Museum of Broadcast Communications at 360 N. State Street in downtown Chicago with two readings -- Saturday, April 13 at 7:30 pm CT and Sunday, April 14 at 2:00 pm CT. Tickets, on sale now at www.LifeInKzoo.com, range in price from $22 to $155. Some pricing includes VIP options to meet and dine with the cast. All audience members will be given the opportunity to provide feedback. Proceeds will benefit the Museum of Broadcast Communications. Additional partners include The MeTV Network, WCIU, The U and Sol Design, with support from Bryan Cave, LLP. fubble is promising an engaging, entertaining, and one-of-a-kind experience. I’ve Got A Life in Kalamazoo is about Nilah Hoyer (Lewis), a small town singer/performer. In the midst of a mid-life crisis, Nilah decides to finally attempt to move her career to the next level. With a best friend, Clayton Croft, living the fabulous life in Chicago, urging her to move to the Windy City, and a husband who merrily rolls along with all the punches, this is finally her moment. With one phone call, a turn of events occurs and Nilah must stay in Kalamazoo – reluctantly – to care for her aging parents, Bob and Imelda Hoyer. Stay tuned for further updates on this potential pilot, but if you're in Chicago, go watch the pilot taping! Anyway, listen to the great interview Marion gives to WGN Radio's Dave Plier.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)
10/04 - The Andy Griffith Show - The Christmas Special (Colorized)
10/04 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #1 (Colorized)
10/11 - Dr. Ken - Season One
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Series
10/11 - Nurse Jackie - Seasons One and Two
10/11 - Weeds - Seasons One and Two
11/01 - Schitt's Creek - Seasons One and Two
11/08 - Family Matters - The Complete Ninth Season
11/08 - Your Family or Mine - Season One
11/15 - Community - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Lucy Show - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Mindy Project - Season Four
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, December 10
Saturday, December 10
- Dennis Haskins (Saved by the Bell/Saved by the Bell: The New Class) - Dennis will be featured on Oprah: Where Are They Now? at 10pm ET/PT on OWN.
- Jennifer Lawrence (The Bill Engvall Show) - Watch Jennifer Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Bryan Cranston (Malcolm in the Middle) - Bryan is a guest on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. He also chats about the film Why Him? on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- John Goodman (Roseanne/Normal, Ohio) - John appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Chris Pratt (Parks and Recreation) - Chris visits The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Olivia Munn (Perfect Couples) - Olivia is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS. She joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Matthew Perry (The Odd Couple/Go On/Mr. Sunshine) - Matthew stops by The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Kevin Nealon (Man with a Plan/Weeds/Hiller and Diller/Champs) - Kevin appears on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Will Smith (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air) - Will talks about Collateral Beauty on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Henry Winkler (Happy Days/Out of Practice/Arrested Development) - Henry will be on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Megan Mullally (Will & Grace) - Megan is a guest on the AOL Build Show at 4pm.