Monday, April 08, 2013
The Hub's New Late Night Sitcom Block; WGN Radio Talks to Marion Ross, New Sitcom Reading in Chicago This Weekend (April 13-14)
As we broke back on March 11, The Hub has acquired Who's the Boss? and they started airing it last week, but now we have more updates on The Hub's schedule. Who's the Boss? airs Tuesday nights 12-2am ET but we didn't mention in the original story that it also now airs in late nights on most weeknights (Mon-Wed nights) at 3:30am. Surrounding the sitcom on those nights is Laverne & Shirley at 2am, Happy Days at 2:30am, and Mork & Mindy at 3am, with the aforementioned Who's the Boss?, to create a two-hour, late night sitcom block. Sitcoms are no longer airing in primetime, except for ALF on Sunday nights 9-11pm and Thursdays 8-9pm, and The Hub's You Rule Thursday block (9pm-12am, encores 1-4am). On to the weekend, Friday nights from 2-3am had The Facts of Life, but now they have removed that hour with repeats of Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader. Not to worry, The Facts of Life will still be featured from time to time on You Rule Thursday block. Happy Days (3-4am), Laverne & Shirley (4am) and Mork & Mindy (4:30am) remain on Friday nights. On Saturday nights, we have Happy Days (3-4am) and Laverne & Shirley (4am) only. And finally on Sunday nights, we have ALF at 1am, Mork & Mindy at 1:30am, followed by the unchanged Doogie Howser at 2am, Family Ties at 2:30am, and Sabrina the Teenage Witch at 3am. As mentioned earlier, in primetime on Sundays we have ALF from 9-11pm, which recently replaced Lois & Clark, which is off the line-up for now. Stay with us for continued updates on The Hub and tune in tonight for the new late night Hub sitcom block beginning at 2am ET!
Marion Ross, who is best known of course as Mrs. Cunningham on the '70s sitcom Happy Days and of course one of the celebrities we have interviewed back in 2011, was recently on WGN Radio in Chicago on the new TV pilot she is working on, her past TV appearances before Happy Days (Life with Father, Rawhide, Hawaii Five-0, etc), of course Happy Days, and current appearances later this spring on ABC's The Middle, Anger Management and more. So what pilot is she in? fubble entertainment, LLC. founded by the Emmy® award-winning team of Teresa L. Thome and Patrick W. Ziegler, will stage a public reading and filming of their sitcom in development, I've Got a Life in Kalamazoo. The event, in partnership with Chicago's Museum of Broadcast Communications, features an award-winning cast led by triple threat performer Vicki Lewis (NewsRadio, Broadway/Chicago, Finding Nemo), multiple Emmy® and Golden Globe winner, Ed Asner (The Mary Tyler Moore Show), and Emmy® and Golden Globe Nominee, Marion Ross (Happy Days, Brothers & Sisters, Gilmore Girls). Gregory Jbara (Tony Award® – Billy Elliot, Blue Bloods/CBS) and two-time Emmy® winner Patrick W. Ziegler are also featured in the cast. The reading will take place at the Museum of Broadcast Communications at 360 N. State Street in downtown Chicago with two readings -- Saturday, April 13 at 7:30 pm CT and Sunday, April 14 at 2:00 pm CT. Tickets, on sale now at www.LifeInKzoo.com, range in price from $22 to $155. Some pricing includes VIP options to meet and dine with the cast. All audience members will be given the opportunity to provide feedback. Proceeds will benefit the Museum of Broadcast Communications. Additional partners include The MeTV Network, WCIU, The U and Sol Design, with support from Bryan Cave, LLP. fubble is promising an engaging, entertaining, and one-of-a-kind experience. I’ve Got A Life in Kalamazoo is about Nilah Hoyer (Lewis), a small town singer/performer. In the midst of a mid-life crisis, Nilah decides to finally attempt to move her career to the next level. With a best friend, Clayton Croft, living the fabulous life in Chicago, urging her to move to the Windy City, and a husband who merrily rolls along with all the punches, this is finally her moment. With one phone call, a turn of events occurs and Nilah must stay in Kalamazoo – reluctantly – to care for her aging parents, Bob and Imelda Hoyer. Stay tuned for further updates on this potential pilot, but if you're in Chicago, go watch the pilot taping! Anyway, listen to the great interview Marion gives to WGN Radio's Dave Plier.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (December/January)
12/06 - Family Guy - Season Fourteen
12/13 - American Dad! - Volume 11
12/13 - Newhart - The Complete Seventh Season
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Wednesday, January 18
Fresh Off the Boat - "Clean Slate" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
On the eve of Chinese New Year, Jessica pushes the entire family to settle all debts, disputes and grudges to ensure good fortune for the coming year. Unsure if she can contain her temper for the remainder of the day, Jessica enlists Emery to makes sure she keeps her cool. Meanwhile, Louis and Evan go on a wild goose chase to hunt down some hate mail, and Eddie is forced to entertain his super lame cousin.
Speechless - " S-I-- SICK D-A-- DAY" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Maya gets sick, Jimmy is forced to be the mom of the house, and Dylan becomes Kenneth’s replacement for JJ when Kenneth also gets sick. Jimmy ends up doing well with Maya’s normal duties, but he tries to keep it from her to avoid her feeling bad. Meanwhile, JJ protects Dylan from a boy she’s interested in. And despite its illness, the family bands together and pulls an all-nighter to finish Ray’s school project.
Modern Family - "Halloween 4: The Revenge of Rod Skyhook" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Luke’s Halloween party isn’t the monster bash he dreamed of and is at risk of having the worst party of the year. Sensing trouble, the rest of the Dunphy’s realize all his party needs is a visit from Rod Skyhook, a little promotion and some adult supervision to get it started. Meanwhile at the Tucker-Pritchett home, Cam faces off with his Halloween nemesis while Lily and Mitchell try to save the day and work to keep him from going to the darkside. Finally, when Jay finds out that Manny is going to a party at the home of an old enemy, he enlists him to deliver a trick he will never forget.
black-ish - "Good Dre Hunting" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Bow convinces a begrudging Dre to try therapy, and he learns how to cope with his anger issues. Meanwhile, Johan becomes a life coach to the kids.
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - "Old Lady House: A Situation Comedy" (FXX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Charlie thinks Mac's mom is holding his mom hostage so the gang installs spy cameras in their house to monitor what's going on. What they end up discovering is the moms are quite entertaining once Dennis makes some quick edits and adds a laugh track to the surveillance footage. Dee wants in on the new hit show and Frank becomes obsessed with banging Charlie's mom now that he's seen her on TV.
Man Seeking Woman - "Horse" (FXX, 10:30PM ET/PT)
Lucy attempts to forge a relationship with Josh's best friend Mike.
Schitt's Creek - "The Throuple" (Pop, 8:00PM ET/PT)
David and Stevie try to come to terms with their new relationship; Alexis and Moira plan a mother/daughter lunch.
Wednesday, January 18
- Wendi McLendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Watch Wendi on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Nick Offerman (Parks and Recreation) - Nick visits The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. He also talks about The Founder on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am and on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Louie Anderson (Baskets/Life with Louie/The Louie Show) - Louie appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Michael Keaton (Working Stiffs/All's Fair) - Michael is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Woody Harrelson (Cheers) - Woody stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Eric McCormack (Will & Grace) - Eric appears on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Ted Danson (The Good Place/Becker/Cheers) - Ted visits Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Judah Friedlander (30 Rock) - Judah is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Neil Patrick Harris (How I Met Your Mother/Stark Raving Mad/Doogie Howser, M.D.) and B.J. Novak (The Office) - Neil and B.J. are guests on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo. Neil can also be heard on The Morning Mash Up on SiriusXM at 10:20am.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry and his wife Rebecca Romijn chat with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Christian Slater (Breaking In) - Christian guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Matt LeBlanc (Man with a Plan/Episodes/Friends) - Matt appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Patrick Warburton (Crowded/Rules of Engagement/Less Than Perfect) - Patrick is a guest on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Kirstie Alley (Cheers/Veronica's Closet/Kirstie) - Kirstie dishes about the new season of Scream Queens and her weight loss with Jenny Craig on The Wendy Williams Show at 2am on BET or on your local stations.