Monday, March 11, 2013
Who's the Boss? Coming to The Hub in April; MeTV Presents Valerie Harper Week, with Classic Mary Tyler Moore Episodes
The Hub is adding another classic sitcom to its nighttime line-up this April! Beginning Tuesday, April 2, 2013, the hit '80s sitcom Who's the Boss? makes its way to The Hub line-up with a bang. The series will air with four-episode stacks on The Hub every Tuesday night at 12am-2am ET/9pm-11pm PT, replacing an animated series block. We don't have any other scheduling information regarding The Hub in April just yet, but we're sure you'll likely see Who's the Boss? pop-up as an option for you to vote for on The Hub You Rule Thursday block as well. Who's the Boss? currently also airs on TV Guide Network (since last July) and will continue to do so when The Hub begins airing it starting this April. The more Tony Danza, Judith Light, and Alyssa Milano... the better! Who's the Boss? joins other sitcom offerings on The Hub like Sabrina the Teenage Witch, The Facts of Life, ALF, Happy Days, Laverne & Shirley, Mork & Mindy, Family Ties, and Doogie Howser M.D. We hope we have more join the network soon, especially series not on television currently like Step by Step and Perfect Strangers.
Who's the Boss? originally aired from 1984-1992 on ABC. When a career-ending injury forces a baseball star (Tony Danza) into early retirement, he takes a job as a live-in housekeeper for a pushy female advertising executive (Judith Light) and her nosy mother (Katherine Helmond). Together, they find common ground on raising their kids (his - Alyssa Milano and hers - Danny Pintauro) as single parents. "Brand new life around the bend," indeed!
Beginning tonight, The MeTV Network presents a Valerie Harper Week. As you may already know, Valerie Harper announced last week to People Magazine that she has terminal brain cancer and may have only months to live. She received the diagnosis on Jan. 15, just days before she appeared on Good Morning America (to promote her new memoir, I, Rhoda) and described the stroke-like symptoms that sent her to the hospital. She opens up about the brain cancer for the first time on television today on the Today Show and on The Doctors. As for MeTV, the classic TV network will highlight Valerie Harper's role as Rhoda Morgenstern, Mary Richard's best friend and neighbor, in The Mary Tyler Moore Show each weeknight this week (Monday, March 11 – Friday, March 15) in its normal timeslot at 9PM. The classic Rhoda-themed episodes airing are "Love is All Around," "A Girl's Best Mother Is Not Her Friend," "...Is a Friend in Need," "Some of My Best Friends Are Rhoda" and "Rhoda Morgenstern: Minneapolis to New York." They are not airing any episodes of the spinoff series Rhoda, but we are getting five great episodes of Rhoda on The Mary Tyler Moore Show! It's so great they are saluting and showing respect to Valerie Harper while she is living. Tune in all this week starting at 9|8c on MeTV!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, September 29
Superstore - "Back to Work" (NBC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Jeff (recurring guest star Michael Bunin), the district manager from corporate, tells the Cloud 9 employees he is going to be around for the day to see what can improve in the store. Amy (America Ferrera) tries to impress him with a perfect day, but a workplace accident threatens her plan. Meanwhile, Glenn (Mark McKinney) tries to come off as a tough boss in front of Jeff, Jonah (Ben Feldman) attempts to help an unyielding Dina (Lauren Ash) win over the employees she betrayed in the strike and Mateo (Nico Santos) discovers something about Jeff in his pursuit to win him over.
The Good Place - "Jason Mendoza" (NBC, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Eleanor (Kristen Bell) faces her toughest test yet in her attempt to remain in hiding. Meanwhile, Michael (Ted Danson) enlists Tahani (Jameela Jamil) to help a fellow neighbor fulfill her true purpose.
The Big Bang Theory - "The Earworm Reverberation" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Sheldon has a revelation when he realizes why a song was stuck in his head. Also, Amy invites Dave (Stephen Merchant) over for dinner despite their previously awkward date, and Wolowitz and Koothrappali become obsessed with a fan of their band, “Footprints on the Moon.”
Kevin Can Wait - "Pilot" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Kevin James stars as a newly retired police officer looking forward to spending carefree, quality time with his wife and three kids, only to find he faces tougher challenges at home than he ever did on the streets.
Better Things - "Woman Is the Something of the Something" (FX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Sam gets really looked at.
Thursday, September 29
- Judith Light (Transparent/Phenom/Who's the Boss?) - Catch Judith on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Tim Meadows (Son of Zorn/Marry Me/The Michael Richards Show) - Tim appears on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He will also be on the AOL Build Show at 3pm.
- Max Greenfield (New Girl/Modern Men) - Max drops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ken Jeong (Dr. Ken/Community), Dave Foley (Dr. Ken/NewsRadio) and Suzy Nakamura (Dr. Ken/Go On) - Ken, Dave and Suzy are guests on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight. Ken will also be on Harry, so check your local listings.
- January Jones (The Last Man on Earth) - January stops by Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Sarah Jessica Parker (Divorce/Sex and the City/Square Pegs) - Sarah appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Alfonso Ribeiro (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air/In the House/Silver Spoons) - Alfonso joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT. He will also be on the AOL Build Show at 11am.
- Holland Taylor (Two and a Half Men/The Powers That Be) - Holland talks about The Front Page on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Jamie-Lynn Sigler (Guys with Kids) - Jamie-Lynn is a guest on Good Day New York on WNYW-Fox5 in New York sometime between 7-10am and on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Kristen Bell (The Good Place) - Kristen appears on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.