Monday, March 11, 2013
Who's the Boss? Coming to The Hub in April; MeTV Presents Valerie Harper Week, with Classic Mary Tyler Moore Episodes
The Hub is adding another classic sitcom to its nighttime line-up this April! Beginning Tuesday, April 2, 2013, the hit '80s sitcom Who's the Boss? makes its way to The Hub line-up with a bang. The series will air with four-episode stacks on The Hub every Tuesday night at 12am-2am ET/9pm-11pm PT, replacing an animated series block. We don't have any other scheduling information regarding The Hub in April just yet, but we're sure you'll likely see Who's the Boss? pop-up as an option for you to vote for on The Hub You Rule Thursday block as well. Who's the Boss? currently also airs on TV Guide Network (since last July) and will continue to do so when The Hub begins airing it starting this April. The more Tony Danza, Judith Light, and Alyssa Milano... the better! Who's the Boss? joins other sitcom offerings on The Hub like Sabrina the Teenage Witch, The Facts of Life, ALF, Happy Days, Laverne & Shirley, Mork & Mindy, Family Ties, and Doogie Howser M.D. We hope we have more join the network soon, especially series not on television currently like Step by Step and Perfect Strangers.
Who's the Boss? originally aired from 1984-1992 on ABC. When a career-ending injury forces a baseball star (Tony Danza) into early retirement, he takes a job as a live-in housekeeper for a pushy female advertising executive (Judith Light) and her nosy mother (Katherine Helmond). Together, they find common ground on raising their kids (his - Alyssa Milano and hers - Danny Pintauro) as single parents. "Brand new life around the bend," indeed!
Beginning tonight, The MeTV Network presents a Valerie Harper Week. As you may already know, Valerie Harper announced last week to People Magazine that she has terminal brain cancer and may have only months to live. She received the diagnosis on Jan. 15, just days before she appeared on Good Morning America (to promote her new memoir, I, Rhoda) and described the stroke-like symptoms that sent her to the hospital. She opens up about the brain cancer for the first time on television today on the Today Show and on The Doctors. As for MeTV, the classic TV network will highlight Valerie Harper's role as Rhoda Morgenstern, Mary Richard's best friend and neighbor, in The Mary Tyler Moore Show each weeknight this week (Monday, March 11 – Friday, March 15) in its normal timeslot at 9PM. The classic Rhoda-themed episodes airing are "Love is All Around," "A Girl's Best Mother Is Not Her Friend," "...Is a Friend in Need," "Some of My Best Friends Are Rhoda" and "Rhoda Morgenstern: Minneapolis to New York." They are not airing any episodes of the spinoff series Rhoda, but we are getting five great episodes of Rhoda on The Mary Tyler Moore Show! It's so great they are saluting and showing respect to Valerie Harper while she is living. Tune in all this week starting at 9|8c on MeTV!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, October 24
Kevin Can Wait - "Beat the Parents" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Kevin and Donna are thrilled when their son, Jack, makes friends with a boy from school, Grayden (Graydon Peter Yosowitz), however, when Donna and Kevin don’t hit it off with Grayden’s arrogant father, Vic (Ray Romano), and his pushy wife, Brandi (Lindsay Broad), they set out to sabotage the boys’ new friendship. Matt Romano guest stars as Vic’s second son, Braden.
Man with a Plan - "Pilot" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Golden Globe Award winner Matt LeBlanc stars as Adam, a contractor who starts spending more time with his three kids when his wife, Andi, goes back to work and discovers the truth all parents eventually realize—their little angels are maniacs.
2 Broke Girls - "And the Godmama Drama" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Oleg and Sophie’s plan to have Max and Caroline as Barbara’s godparents is derailed when Oleg’s domineering mother, Olga (Mercedes Ruehl), arrives from the Ukraine for the baby’s baptism and fires Max and Caroline from their godparent duties.
The Odd Couple - "Food Fight" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When Oscar learns that his favorite hangout, Langford’s, is in financial trouble, he impulsively asks Felix to help save it, without considering the disastrous consequences. Also, Felix tries to make his mark on the restaurant when the owner, Fred Langford (Fred Willard), puts him in charge for a few days.
Monday, October 24
- Ricky Gervais (The Office) - Watch Ricky on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Tom Hanks (Bosom Buddies) - Tom appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also talks about Inferno on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Elijah Wood (Wilfred) - Elijah is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Ana Gasteyer (People of Earth/Lady Dynamite/Suburgatory) - Ana visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Nick Offerman (Parks and Recreation) - Nick stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ron Howard (Happy Days/The Andy Griffith Show) - Ron appears on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Kate Micucci (Raising Hope/The Big Bang Theory) - Kate is a guest on a repeat of @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Zooey Deschanel (New Girl) - Zooey appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Michael Chiklis (Daddio) - Michael drops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Jameela Jamil (The Good Place) - Jameela appears on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Aya Cash (You're the Worst) - Aya talks about You're the Worst on the AOL Build ShoW at 2pm. She will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth) - Will is a guest on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Mary Steenburgen (The Last Man on Earth/Ink) - Mary talks about The Last Man on Earth on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. She will also be on the AOL Build Show at 12:30pm.
- Anna Camp (The Mindy Project) - Anna talks about Good Girls Revolt on People Now at 8:30am.
- James Brolin (Life in Pieces) - James is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Matt LeBlanc (Man with a Plan/Episodes/Joey/Friends) - Matt appears on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Nico Tortorella (Younger) - Nico guest co-hosts The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.