Monday, March 11, 2013
Who's the Boss? Coming to The Hub in April; MeTV Presents Valerie Harper Week, with Classic Mary Tyler Moore Episodes
The Hub is adding another classic sitcom to its nighttime line-up this April! Beginning Tuesday, April 2, 2013, the hit '80s sitcom Who's the Boss? makes its way to The Hub line-up with a bang. The series will air with four-episode stacks on The Hub every Tuesday night at 12am-2am ET/9pm-11pm PT, replacing an animated series block. We don't have any other scheduling information regarding The Hub in April just yet, but we're sure you'll likely see Who's the Boss? pop-up as an option for you to vote for on The Hub You Rule Thursday block as well. Who's the Boss? currently also airs on TV Guide Network (since last July) and will continue to do so when The Hub begins airing it starting this April. The more Tony Danza, Judith Light, and Alyssa Milano... the better! Who's the Boss? joins other sitcom offerings on The Hub like Sabrina the Teenage Witch, The Facts of Life, ALF, Happy Days, Laverne & Shirley, Mork & Mindy, Family Ties, and Doogie Howser M.D. We hope we have more join the network soon, especially series not on television currently like Step by Step and Perfect Strangers.
Who's the Boss? originally aired from 1984-1992 on ABC. When a career-ending injury forces a baseball star (Tony Danza) into early retirement, he takes a job as a live-in housekeeper for a pushy female advertising executive (Judith Light) and her nosy mother (Katherine Helmond). Together, they find common ground on raising their kids (his - Alyssa Milano and hers - Danny Pintauro) as single parents. "Brand new life around the bend," indeed!
Beginning tonight, The MeTV Network presents a Valerie Harper Week. As you may already know, Valerie Harper announced last week to People Magazine that she has terminal brain cancer and may have only months to live. She received the diagnosis on Jan. 15, just days before she appeared on Good Morning America (to promote her new memoir, I, Rhoda) and described the stroke-like symptoms that sent her to the hospital. She opens up about the brain cancer for the first time on television today on the Today Show and on The Doctors. As for MeTV, the classic TV network will highlight Valerie Harper's role as Rhoda Morgenstern, Mary Richard's best friend and neighbor, in The Mary Tyler Moore Show each weeknight this week (Monday, March 11 – Friday, March 15) in its normal timeslot at 9PM. The classic Rhoda-themed episodes airing are "Love is All Around," "A Girl's Best Mother Is Not Her Friend," "...Is a Friend in Need," "Some of My Best Friends Are Rhoda" and "Rhoda Morgenstern: Minneapolis to New York." They are not airing any episodes of the spinoff series Rhoda, but we are getting five great episodes of Rhoda on The Mary Tyler Moore Show! It's so great they are saluting and showing respect to Valerie Harper while she is living. Tune in all this week starting at 9|8c on MeTV!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (February/March)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbrekable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, March 25
Henry Danger - "Gas or Fail" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Captain Man finds himself trapped underground, Henry must devise a way to sneak out of his school's standardized testing to save Ray.
Game Shakers - "Llama Llama Spit Spit" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
After the Game Shakers get kicked out of Fooders to make room for a guest who has his photo on the wall, Babe becomes determined to get their own photo up using any means necessary.
Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn - "To Be Invited or Not to Be" (Nickelodeon, 9:00PM ET/PT)
The quads make a new friend, an amazing inventor, but when not all of them get invited back to hang out again, they start to wonder why.
Love Thy Neighbor - "Better Late Than Never" (OWN, 9:00PM ET/PT)
A missed call leaves Danny and his family in a bad place.
Love Thy Neighbor - "Make Up or Make Out" (OWN, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Still upset with his friends, Danny takes the advice of his family.
Sunday, March 26
- Sanaa Lathan (Family Guy/The Cleveland Show/LateLine) - Catch Sanaa on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Chris Pratt (Parks and Recreation) - Watch Chris on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Richard Dreyfuss (Your Family or Mine) - Richard appears on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Lily Tomlin (Grace and Frankie/Malibu Country) and Jane Fonda (Grace and Frankie) - Lily and Jane are guests on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. They also chat with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Craig Ferguson (The Drew Carey Show) - Craig visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He will also be on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Rachel Dratch (Imaginary Mary) - Rachel is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Pete Holmes (Crashing) - Pete stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jenna Elfman (Imaginary Mary/1600 Penn/Accidentally on Purpose/Courting Alex/Dharma & Greg) - Jenna appears on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Ron Funches (Powerless/Undateable) - Ron is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Kaitlin Olson (The Mick/It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia) - Kaitlin drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Wendi McLendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Wendi appears on a repeat of Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends/The Comeback) - Lisa is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Mark Consuelos (Alpha House/Hope & Faith) - Mark guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Tahj Mowry, Derek Theler and Jean-Luc Bilodeau (Baby Daddy) - Tahj, Derek and Jean-Luc are guests on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Tika Sumpter (The Game) - Tika appears on a repeat of The Real, so check your local listings.
- Vanessa Bell Calloway (Rhythm & Blues) - Vanessa is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- June Diane Raphael (Grace and Frankie) - June talks about Grace and Frankie on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Molly/Samantha Who?) and Ben Falcone (Joey) - Melissa and Ben talk TV Land's Nobodies on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Brooklyn Decker (Grace and Frankie/Friends with Better Lives) - Brookyln stops by People Now at 8:30am.
- Marcia Gay Harden (Trophy Wife) - Marcia opens up about her favorite part of being in the 50 Shades movies on People Now at 8:30am. \
- Tracee Ellis Ross (black-ish/Girlfriends) - Tracee dishes about her Golden Globe win on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 2am on BET or on your local stations.