Wednesday, November 07, 2012
TV Land's Thanksgiving Laugh More-a-thon, Hot in Cleveland and Happily Divorced Catch-up Marathons; Upcoming Thanksgiving-Themed Sitcom Episodes
Thanksgiving is right around the corner. Are you hungry for some sitcoms? Feast on four days of sitcom marathons and get ready for new seasons of Hot in Cleveland and Happily Divorced with the TV Land Thanksgiving Laugh More-a-thon! The smorgasbord of sitcoms begins Thursday, November 22 and runs through Sunday, November 25.
Leave it to Beaver leads things off on Thanksgiving Day from 8am-12pm. I Love Lucy will follow at 12pm-4pm. After you've had your turkey dinner, you can relax with The Andy Griffith Show from 4pm-9pm. Black Friday will begin with The Dick Van Dyke Show from 8am-12pm. M*A*S*H is up next at 12pm-4pm. Then it's more of The Andy Griffith Show from 4pm-9pm. Wake up early Saturday morning for Fran Drescher on The Nanny from 6am-10am. Roseanne follows at 10am-2pm. The Cosby Show will air next from 2pm-6pm. Sunday starts off with Roseanne from 6am-12pm. It's then more of the Huxtables on The Cosby Show at 12pm-3pm.
If you missed the most recent seasons of TV Land's Hot in Cleveland and Happily Divorced, you will have the opportunity to watch them on November 25-26. The Happily Divorced catch-up marathon airs Saturday, November 24 from 6pm-11pm. Hot in Cleveland fans can catch up with the show on Sunday, November 25 from 3pm-10:30pm. Don't forget that Hot in Cleveland - Season Three will be released on DVD on November 27. Look for our review of that set soon.
As we mentioned back in August, season four of Hot in Cleveland will premiere on TV Land on Wednesday, November 28 at 10:00pm. TV legend Regis Philbin (LIVE! with Regis & Kelly, Who Wants to be a Millionaire?) returns for the season premiere. The second half of season two of Happily Divorced will begin at 10:30pm. New guest stars in season two will include Joan Collins (Dynasty), Robert Wagner (Hart to Hart), singer Cyndi Lauper and Debi Mazar (Entourage). Returning guest stars include Ralph Macchio (The Karate Kid), D.W. Moffett (Switched at Birth) and Fran Drescher's The Nanny co-star Renée Taylor.
Stay with us for information on Antenna TV's and other network's Thanksgiving marathons and stunts. Gobble, Gobble!
Many broadcast network sitcoms will have special Thanksgiving-themed episodes over the next few weeks. Here's a list:
The Middle (Wednesday, November 14 at 8:00pm on ABC) - "Thanksgiving IV" - Frankie tries to do a good deed for Thanksgiving by inviting a couple of Marines to celebrate the holiday with her family. But with Frankie's parents, Pat and Tag (Marsha Mason and Jerry Van Dyke), constantly bickering, the good deed may not go unpunished.
The Neighbors (Wednesday, November 14 at 8:30pm on ABC) - "Thanksgiving is for the Bird-Kerseees" - Debbie wants her family's first Thanksgiving at their new home to be different from Thanksgivings past, so she convinces Marty to un-invite his parents and decides to invite Larry, Jackie, Reggie and Dick over for the holiday instead. Award-winning actor Stacy Keach guest stars as Dominick, Marty's father.
Suburgatory (Wednesday, November 14 at 9:30pm on ABC) - "The Wishbone" - When Tessa decides she wants to spend Thanksgiving in the city with her grandmother and birth mom (who is planning to fly in from Berlin), Dallas decides to fire Chef Alan and have George host Thanksgiving to keep him occupied. But when George finds his cooking skills inadequate, he winds up schilling out cash to Chef Alan to help make the meal edible. Meanwhile, after missing Alex (Malin Akerman) in NYC, Tessa returns home to find a surprising Thanksgiving dinner.
Up All Night (Thursday, November 15 at 8:30pm on NBC) - "Thanksgiving" - When Reagan (Christina Applegate) causes Chris (Will Arnett) to miss his favorite holiday - the annual Thanksgiving with his family back in Maryland - she's determined to give him an even better Thanksgiving at home.
Mike & Molly (Monday, November 19 at 9:30pm on CBS) - "Thanksgiving Is Cancelled" - Will Thanksgiving be cancelled for Mike and Molly? When Mike gets sick for Thanksgiving, Molly is excited that she doesn't have to cook – until Vince invites his brother to town for a homemade Thanksgiving meal.
Happy Endings (Tuesday, November 20 at 9:00pm on ABC) - "More Like Skanksgiving" - Alex and Dave host Thanksgiving dinner at their new place, and Dave gets a little sidetracked by his desire to share his heritage with his friends and give them a real Navajo Thanksgiving.
Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23 (Tuesday, November 20 at 9:30pm on ABC) - "It's a Miracle..." - Chloe and June have different feelings about Thanksgiving - Chloe hates it, June loves it. Sadly, June can't afford to fly home this year, so Chloe persuades June to come with her to her parents' house for the holiday -- but under the most strange and awkward conditions.
Raising Hope (Tuesday, November 20 at 8:00pm on Fox) - "Candy Wars" - When Natesville holds its annual Thanksgiving Radish Harvest Festival, Jimmy is determined to sell the most candy bars around town, so that Hope can ride atop the town's Thanksgiving Day float.
Ben and Kate (Tuesday, November 20 at 8:30pm on Fox) - "Reunion" - When a high school reunion is held on the eve of Thanksgiving, Will (guest star Geoff Stults) encourages Kate to attend and stand up to the high school bully, Anna (guest star Amber Stevens), for giving her an unforgettable nickname. Meanwhile, in the midst of the holiday season, Ben doesn’t think he can keep the huge secret that he and BJ have been hiding from Kate for much longer.
New Girl (Tuesday, November 20 at 9:00pm on Fox) - "Thanksgiving 2" - Jess invites her divorced Mom and Dad (guest stars Jamie Lee Curtis and Rob Reiner) over for Thanksgiving dinner and enlists Nick and Cece to help her with a “Parent Trap” to reunite them.
The Mindy Project (Tuesday, November 20 at 9:30 on Fox) - "Thanksgiving" - Mindy decides to cook Thanksgiving dinner at Gwen’s (Anna Camp) but she’s sidetracked when she arrives to find a former blind date, Dennis (guest star Ed Helms), there with his new girlfriend (guest star Richa Shukla). A lonely Danny holds down the empty office, while Betsy and Jeremy visit Betsy’s eccentric family for the holiday.
Guys with Kids (Wednesday, November 21 at 8:30pm on NBC) - "Thanksgiving" - After a failed attempt to figure out who should spend Thanksgiving with their son, Chris (Jesse Bradford) and Sheila (Erinn Hayes) decide to spend the holiday together with his friends. NFL Hall of Famer and Dancing with the Stars champion Emmitt Smith guest stars.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)
10/07 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Classic Christmas Episodes
10/07 - The Flying Nun - The Complete First and Second Seasons (Mill Creek)
10/07 - The Middle - The Complete Fifth Season (Warner Archive)
10/07 - The Office - The Complete Series
10/07 - The Wonders Years - Season One
10/10 - The Wonder Years - The Complete Series - Read Our Review / The Signature Edition / Seasons 1-3
10/14 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Third Season
10/14 - Two and a Half Men - The Complete Eleventh Season
10/21 - Married with Children - Seasons 5 and 6 (Mill Crek)
10/21 - The Soul Man - The Complete Second Season
10/21 - Square Pegs - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
10/28 - WKRP in Cincinnati - The Complete Series / Read Our Review
11/04 - Hot in Cleveland - Season Five
11/04 - Napoleon Dynamite - The Complete Animated Series
11/04 - Sgt. Bilko (The Phil Silvers Show) - The Complete Series
11/11 - Dads - The Complete Series
11/11 - Family Ties - The Complete Series
11/11 - My Favorite Martian - Best of Collection
11/11 - Taxi - The Complete Series
11/11 - Wings - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/18 - King of the Hill - The Complete Seventh Season / The Complete Eighth Season
11/25 - Better Off Ted - The Complete Second Season
12/02 - Happy Days - The Sixth Season
12/09 - Barney Miller - The Complete Sixth Season
12/09 - The Jeffersons - The Complete Series
12/09 - Mister Ed - The Complete Series
12/09 - Mork & Mindy - The Fourth Season / The Complete Series
12/16 - The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis - The Final (Fourth) Season
12/23 - My Favorite Martian - Season Two - Collector's Edition
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, November 27
The Big Bang Theory - "The Thanksgiving Coupling" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Sheldon protests when the gang drags him to Mrs. Wolowitz’s house for Thanksgiving. Meanwhile, Penny and Leonard must deal with a mistake from her past.
Mom - "Kimchi and a Monkey Playing Harmonica" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Christy has mixed feelings about Baxter's new relationship with Candace. Meanwhile, things between Bonnie and Alvin heat up. Sara Rue guest stars as Candace; Edward Asner guest stars as Christy and Bonnie’s neighbor, Jack. Kevin Pollak returns as Alvin.
Two and a Half Men - "Oontz Oontz Oontz" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Walden decides to foster a 6-year-old boy, but begins to doubt himself when they don’t bond like he expected. Edan Alexander joins the cast as Louis, the foster child.
The McCarthys - "Thanks a Lot, Ronny" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT)
During Thanksgiving dinner, the McCarthy family works together to manipulate Gerard into breaking up with his offensive girlfriend. Jessica St. Clair guest stars as Gerard’s girlfriend, Katrina.
Thursday, November 27
- Ted Danson (Cheers/Becker) - Catch Ted on a repeat of The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Rashida Jones (Parks and Recreation/The Office) - Rashida visits The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Jamie Foxx (The Jamie Foxx Show) - Jamie appears on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC. He will also be on LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Tracee Ellis Ross (black-ish/Reed Between the Lines/Girlfriends) - Tracee is a guest on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Bob Newhart (The Bob Newhart Show/Newhart/Bob) - Bob is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Melissa Rauch (The Big Bang Theory) - Melissa appears on a repeat The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Kristin Chenoweth (Kristin) - Kristin chats on Tavis Smiley, so check your local listings.
- Jennie Garth (Mystery Girls/What I Like About You) and Tori Spelling (Mystery Girls) - Jennie and Tori are guests on a repeat of the Better Show, so check your local listings.
- Kat Dennings (2 Broke Girls) - Watch Kat on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Martin Short (Mulaney/The Martin Short Show) - Martin appears on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Craig Ferguson (The Drew Carey Show) - Craig visits LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your local listings.
- Shia LaBeouf (Even Stevens) - Shia is a guest on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Kim Cattrall (Sex and the City) - Kim shares why she's having the best sex of her life now and being happily single in the city on a repeat of The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- Laurence Fisbburne (black-ish) - Laurence is a guest on a repeat of The Queen Latifah Show on your local station or at 2am on BET.
- Jenny McCarthy (Two and a Half Men/Jenny) - Jenny appears on a repeat of the Better Show, so check your local listings.
- Emeril Lagasse (Emeril) - Emeril gives great ideas for your Thanksgiving leftovers on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Norman Lear (Producer of All in the Family/Sanford and Son/The Jeffersons/Good Times) - Norman chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Marlo Thomas (That Girl) - Marlo is a guest on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- John Ratzenberger (Cheers) - John will be on Fox & Friends on Fox News Channel.