Wednesday, November 07, 2012
TV Land's Thanksgiving Laugh More-a-thon, Hot in Cleveland and Happily Divorced Catch-up Marathons; Upcoming Thanksgiving-Themed Sitcom Episodes
Thanksgiving is right around the corner. Are you hungry for some sitcoms? Feast on four days of sitcom marathons and get ready for new seasons of Hot in Cleveland and Happily Divorced with the TV Land Thanksgiving Laugh More-a-thon! The smorgasbord of sitcoms begins Thursday, November 22 and runs through Sunday, November 25.
Leave it to Beaver leads things off on Thanksgiving Day from 8am-12pm. I Love Lucy will follow at 12pm-4pm. After you've had your turkey dinner, you can relax with The Andy Griffith Show from 4pm-9pm. Black Friday will begin with The Dick Van Dyke Show from 8am-12pm. M*A*S*H is up next at 12pm-4pm. Then it's more of The Andy Griffith Show from 4pm-9pm. Wake up early Saturday morning for Fran Drescher on The Nanny from 6am-10am. Roseanne follows at 10am-2pm. The Cosby Show will air next from 2pm-6pm. Sunday starts off with Roseanne from 6am-12pm. It's then more of the Huxtables on The Cosby Show at 12pm-3pm.
If you missed the most recent seasons of TV Land's Hot in Cleveland and Happily Divorced, you will have the opportunity to watch them on November 25-26. The Happily Divorced catch-up marathon airs Saturday, November 24 from 6pm-11pm. Hot in Cleveland fans can catch up with the show on Sunday, November 25 from 3pm-10:30pm. Don't forget that Hot in Cleveland - Season Three will be released on DVD on November 27. Look for our review of that set soon.
As we mentioned back in August, season four of Hot in Cleveland will premiere on TV Land on Wednesday, November 28 at 10:00pm. TV legend Regis Philbin (LIVE! with Regis & Kelly, Who Wants to be a Millionaire?) returns for the season premiere. The second half of season two of Happily Divorced will begin at 10:30pm. New guest stars in season two will include Joan Collins (Dynasty), Robert Wagner (Hart to Hart), singer Cyndi Lauper and Debi Mazar (Entourage). Returning guest stars include Ralph Macchio (The Karate Kid), D.W. Moffett (Switched at Birth) and Fran Drescher's The Nanny co-star Renée Taylor.
Stay with us for information on Antenna TV's and other network's Thanksgiving marathons and stunts. Gobble, Gobble!
Many broadcast network sitcoms will have special Thanksgiving-themed episodes over the next few weeks. Here's a list:
The Middle (Wednesday, November 14 at 8:00pm on ABC) - "Thanksgiving IV" - Frankie tries to do a good deed for Thanksgiving by inviting a couple of Marines to celebrate the holiday with her family. But with Frankie's parents, Pat and Tag (Marsha Mason and Jerry Van Dyke), constantly bickering, the good deed may not go unpunished.
The Neighbors (Wednesday, November 14 at 8:30pm on ABC) - "Thanksgiving is for the Bird-Kerseees" - Debbie wants her family's first Thanksgiving at their new home to be different from Thanksgivings past, so she convinces Marty to un-invite his parents and decides to invite Larry, Jackie, Reggie and Dick over for the holiday instead. Award-winning actor Stacy Keach guest stars as Dominick, Marty's father.
Suburgatory (Wednesday, November 14 at 9:30pm on ABC) - "The Wishbone" - When Tessa decides she wants to spend Thanksgiving in the city with her grandmother and birth mom (who is planning to fly in from Berlin), Dallas decides to fire Chef Alan and have George host Thanksgiving to keep him occupied. But when George finds his cooking skills inadequate, he winds up schilling out cash to Chef Alan to help make the meal edible. Meanwhile, after missing Alex (Malin Akerman) in NYC, Tessa returns home to find a surprising Thanksgiving dinner.
Up All Night (Thursday, November 15 at 8:30pm on NBC) - "Thanksgiving" - When Reagan (Christina Applegate) causes Chris (Will Arnett) to miss his favorite holiday - the annual Thanksgiving with his family back in Maryland - she's determined to give him an even better Thanksgiving at home.
Mike & Molly (Monday, November 19 at 9:30pm on CBS) - "Thanksgiving Is Cancelled" - Will Thanksgiving be cancelled for Mike and Molly? When Mike gets sick for Thanksgiving, Molly is excited that she doesn't have to cook – until Vince invites his brother to town for a homemade Thanksgiving meal.
Happy Endings (Tuesday, November 20 at 9:00pm on ABC) - "More Like Skanksgiving" - Alex and Dave host Thanksgiving dinner at their new place, and Dave gets a little sidetracked by his desire to share his heritage with his friends and give them a real Navajo Thanksgiving.
Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23 (Tuesday, November 20 at 9:30pm on ABC) - "It's a Miracle..." - Chloe and June have different feelings about Thanksgiving - Chloe hates it, June loves it. Sadly, June can't afford to fly home this year, so Chloe persuades June to come with her to her parents' house for the holiday -- but under the most strange and awkward conditions.
Raising Hope (Tuesday, November 20 at 8:00pm on Fox) - "Candy Wars" - When Natesville holds its annual Thanksgiving Radish Harvest Festival, Jimmy is determined to sell the most candy bars around town, so that Hope can ride atop the town's Thanksgiving Day float.
Ben and Kate (Tuesday, November 20 at 8:30pm on Fox) - "Reunion" - When a high school reunion is held on the eve of Thanksgiving, Will (guest star Geoff Stults) encourages Kate to attend and stand up to the high school bully, Anna (guest star Amber Stevens), for giving her an unforgettable nickname. Meanwhile, in the midst of the holiday season, Ben doesn’t think he can keep the huge secret that he and BJ have been hiding from Kate for much longer.
New Girl (Tuesday, November 20 at 9:00pm on Fox) - "Thanksgiving 2" - Jess invites her divorced Mom and Dad (guest stars Jamie Lee Curtis and Rob Reiner) over for Thanksgiving dinner and enlists Nick and Cece to help her with a “Parent Trap” to reunite them.
The Mindy Project (Tuesday, November 20 at 9:30 on Fox) - "Thanksgiving" - Mindy decides to cook Thanksgiving dinner at Gwen’s (Anna Camp) but she’s sidetracked when she arrives to find a former blind date, Dennis (guest star Ed Helms), there with his new girlfriend (guest star Richa Shukla). A lonely Danny holds down the empty office, while Betsy and Jeremy visit Betsy’s eccentric family for the holiday.
Guys with Kids (Wednesday, November 21 at 8:30pm on NBC) - "Thanksgiving" - After a failed attempt to figure out who should spend Thanksgiving with their son, Chris (Jesse Bradford) and Sheila (Erinn Hayes) decide to spend the holiday together with his friends. NFL Hall of Famer and Dancing with the Stars champion Emmitt Smith guest stars.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (June)
06/14 - Ballers - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
06/14 - The League - Season 7 - The Final Fantasy
06/14 - The League - The Complete Series
06/14 - Maude - The Complete Fifth Season
06/14 - Survivor's Remorse - The Complete Second Season
06/21 - Workaholics - Season Six
06/24 - The Monkees - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
06/28 - Two Guys and a Girl - The Complete Series
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, June 25
The Thundermans - "Chutes and Splatters" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Phoebe's newest superhero mission is to babysit President Kuckbutt's troublemaking teen daughter, but the assignment quickly snowballs out of control when Phoebe's charge sneaks into the town's illegal nightclub.
Bella and the Bulldogs - "Biggest. Game. Ever" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Everything the Bulldogs have worked for has led up to this game- the state championship against their rivals Whitworth! But when their new game plan is not working, the team has a shocking realization.
Sunday, June 26
- Sandra Bernhard (Roseanne) - Catch Sandra on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Eric Stonestreet (Modern Family) - Watch Eric on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Nia Long (Uncle Buck/The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air) - Nia is a guest on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Marc Maron (Maron) - Marc appears on a repeat of The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Connie Britton (Spin City/The Fighting Fitzgeralds/Lost at Home) - Connie is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Natasha Leggero (Another Period/Free Agents) - Natasha appears on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Jenny Slate (Married/Bob's Burgers) - Jenny stops by The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Zach Woods (Silicon Valley/Playing House/The Office) - Zach appears on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Greg Proops (True Jackson, VP) - Greg is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Jill Kargman (Odd Mom Out) - Jill visits Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Aubrey Plaza (Parks and Recreation) - Aubrey appears on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- D.L. Hughley (The Hughleys) - D.L. guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Demi Lovato (Sonny with a Chance) - Demi appears on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Kellita Smith (The First Family/The Bernie Mac Show) - Kellita stops by The Real, so check your local listings.
- Jamie Lynn Spears (Zoey 101) - Jamie reveals that her husband and daughter are hounding her for more children on People Now at 8:30am.
- Craig Bierko (Unhitched/Madman of the People/Sydney) - Craig is a guest on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Michaela Watkins (Casual/Trophy Wife) - Michaela talks about Hulu's Casual on the AOL Build ShoW at 11am.
- Louis C.K. (Louie) and Kevin Hart (The Big House/Undeclared) - Louis and Kevin talk about The Secret Life of Pets on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Tony Shalhoub (We Are Men/Wings)- Tony will be on CBS This Morning sometime between 7-9am.
- Arsenio Hall (Arsenio) - Arsenio guest co-hosts Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.