Wednesday, November 07, 2012
TV Land's Thanksgiving Laugh More-a-thon, Hot in Cleveland and Happily Divorced Catch-up Marathons; Upcoming Thanksgiving-Themed Sitcom Episodes
Thanksgiving is right around the corner. Are you hungry for some sitcoms? Feast on four days of sitcom marathons and get ready for new seasons of Hot in Cleveland and Happily Divorced with the TV Land Thanksgiving Laugh More-a-thon! The smorgasbord of sitcoms begins Thursday, November 22 and runs through Sunday, November 25.
Leave it to Beaver leads things off on Thanksgiving Day from 8am-12pm. I Love Lucy will follow at 12pm-4pm. After you've had your turkey dinner, you can relax with The Andy Griffith Show from 4pm-9pm. Black Friday will begin with The Dick Van Dyke Show from 8am-12pm. M*A*S*H is up next at 12pm-4pm. Then it's more of The Andy Griffith Show from 4pm-9pm. Wake up early Saturday morning for Fran Drescher on The Nanny from 6am-10am. Roseanne follows at 10am-2pm. The Cosby Show will air next from 2pm-6pm. Sunday starts off with Roseanne from 6am-12pm. It's then more of the Huxtables on The Cosby Show at 12pm-3pm.
If you missed the most recent seasons of TV Land's Hot in Cleveland and Happily Divorced, you will have the opportunity to watch them on November 25-26. The Happily Divorced catch-up marathon airs Saturday, November 24 from 6pm-11pm. Hot in Cleveland fans can catch up with the show on Sunday, November 25 from 3pm-10:30pm. Don't forget that Hot in Cleveland - Season Three will be released on DVD on November 27. Look for our review of that set soon.
As we mentioned back in August, season four of Hot in Cleveland will premiere on TV Land on Wednesday, November 28 at 10:00pm. TV legend Regis Philbin (LIVE! with Regis & Kelly, Who Wants to be a Millionaire?) returns for the season premiere. The second half of season two of Happily Divorced will begin at 10:30pm. New guest stars in season two will include Joan Collins (Dynasty), Robert Wagner (Hart to Hart), singer Cyndi Lauper and Debi Mazar (Entourage). Returning guest stars include Ralph Macchio (The Karate Kid), D.W. Moffett (Switched at Birth) and Fran Drescher's The Nanny co-star Renée Taylor.
Stay with us for information on Antenna TV's and other network's Thanksgiving marathons and stunts. Gobble, Gobble!
Many broadcast network sitcoms will have special Thanksgiving-themed episodes over the next few weeks. Here's a list:
The Middle (Wednesday, November 14 at 8:00pm on ABC) - "Thanksgiving IV" - Frankie tries to do a good deed for Thanksgiving by inviting a couple of Marines to celebrate the holiday with her family. But with Frankie's parents, Pat and Tag (Marsha Mason and Jerry Van Dyke), constantly bickering, the good deed may not go unpunished.
The Neighbors (Wednesday, November 14 at 8:30pm on ABC) - "Thanksgiving is for the Bird-Kerseees" - Debbie wants her family's first Thanksgiving at their new home to be different from Thanksgivings past, so she convinces Marty to un-invite his parents and decides to invite Larry, Jackie, Reggie and Dick over for the holiday instead. Award-winning actor Stacy Keach guest stars as Dominick, Marty's father.
Suburgatory (Wednesday, November 14 at 9:30pm on ABC) - "The Wishbone" - When Tessa decides she wants to spend Thanksgiving in the city with her grandmother and birth mom (who is planning to fly in from Berlin), Dallas decides to fire Chef Alan and have George host Thanksgiving to keep him occupied. But when George finds his cooking skills inadequate, he winds up schilling out cash to Chef Alan to help make the meal edible. Meanwhile, after missing Alex (Malin Akerman) in NYC, Tessa returns home to find a surprising Thanksgiving dinner.
Up All Night (Thursday, November 15 at 8:30pm on NBC) - "Thanksgiving" - When Reagan (Christina Applegate) causes Chris (Will Arnett) to miss his favorite holiday - the annual Thanksgiving with his family back in Maryland - she's determined to give him an even better Thanksgiving at home.
Mike & Molly (Monday, November 19 at 9:30pm on CBS) - "Thanksgiving Is Cancelled" - Will Thanksgiving be cancelled for Mike and Molly? When Mike gets sick for Thanksgiving, Molly is excited that she doesn't have to cook – until Vince invites his brother to town for a homemade Thanksgiving meal.
Happy Endings (Tuesday, November 20 at 9:00pm on ABC) - "More Like Skanksgiving" - Alex and Dave host Thanksgiving dinner at their new place, and Dave gets a little sidetracked by his desire to share his heritage with his friends and give them a real Navajo Thanksgiving.
Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23 (Tuesday, November 20 at 9:30pm on ABC) - "It's a Miracle..." - Chloe and June have different feelings about Thanksgiving - Chloe hates it, June loves it. Sadly, June can't afford to fly home this year, so Chloe persuades June to come with her to her parents' house for the holiday -- but under the most strange and awkward conditions.
Raising Hope (Tuesday, November 20 at 8:00pm on Fox) - "Candy Wars" - When Natesville holds its annual Thanksgiving Radish Harvest Festival, Jimmy is determined to sell the most candy bars around town, so that Hope can ride atop the town's Thanksgiving Day float.
Ben and Kate (Tuesday, November 20 at 8:30pm on Fox) - "Reunion" - When a high school reunion is held on the eve of Thanksgiving, Will (guest star Geoff Stults) encourages Kate to attend and stand up to the high school bully, Anna (guest star Amber Stevens), for giving her an unforgettable nickname. Meanwhile, in the midst of the holiday season, Ben doesn’t think he can keep the huge secret that he and BJ have been hiding from Kate for much longer.
New Girl (Tuesday, November 20 at 9:00pm on Fox) - "Thanksgiving 2" - Jess invites her divorced Mom and Dad (guest stars Jamie Lee Curtis and Rob Reiner) over for Thanksgiving dinner and enlists Nick and Cece to help her with a “Parent Trap” to reunite them.
The Mindy Project (Tuesday, November 20 at 9:30 on Fox) - "Thanksgiving" - Mindy decides to cook Thanksgiving dinner at Gwen’s (Anna Camp) but she’s sidetracked when she arrives to find a former blind date, Dennis (guest star Ed Helms), there with his new girlfriend (guest star Richa Shukla). A lonely Danny holds down the empty office, while Betsy and Jeremy visit Betsy’s eccentric family for the holiday.
Guys with Kids (Wednesday, November 21 at 8:30pm on NBC) - "Thanksgiving" - After a failed attempt to figure out who should spend Thanksgiving with their son, Chris (Jesse Bradford) and Sheila (Erinn Hayes) decide to spend the holiday together with his friends. NFL Hall of Famer and Dancing with the Stars champion Emmitt Smith guest stars.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (April)
04/07 - Barney Miller - The Complete Seventh Season
04/07 - The Brady Bunch - The Complete Series
04/07 - The Crazy Ones - The Complete First Season
04/07 - Frasier - The Complete Series
04/07 - King of the Hill - The Complete 9th Season
04/07 - King of the Hill - The Complete 10th Season
04/07 - 1600 Penn - The Complete Season 1
04/07 - Wanda at Large - The Complete First Season (WBShop.com)
04/07 - Wilfred - The Complete Season 4
04/14 - Growing Pains - The Complete Fourth Season (WBShop.com)
04/21 - What's Happening!! - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
04/28 - I Love Lucy - I Love Mom Edition
04/28 - The Jeffersons - Season Seven
04/28 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites: Season 5
04/28 - Sgt. Bilko (The Phil Silvers Show) - The Second Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Tuesday, April 21
Fresh Off the Boat - "So Chineez" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Jessica fears her family has assimilated so much to life in Orlando that they’ve lost their Chinese identity. So she drives everyone nuts making them reconnect with their culture, from Louis, who she insists decline an invite to join the country club, to Eddie, who she makes do a report on China for his World Day project.
New Girl - "Shark" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
After Winston graduates from the Police Academy, Nick and Coach worry when they see his new training officer (guest star Nasim Pedrad, "Mulaney"). Meanwhile, Jess uses Schmidt to try and influence a councilwoman (guest star Zoe Lister Jones, “Friends with Better Lives”) to stop the night construction taking place outside the loft.
Weird Loners - "Weird Knight" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT)
As a favor, Caryn reluctantly goes on a date with a nerdy guy from Eric’s human chess league, but becomes interested in him when he doesn’t call her back following their dinner. Meanwhile, Stosh becomes Zara’s “agent” and gets her to enter an art contest.
Undataeable - "A Priest Walks Into a Bar" (NBC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
When Justin (Bren Morin) calls Danny (Chris D'Elia) a loser, Danny is motivated to make a career move to prove him wrong. Meanwhile, Leslie (Bianca Kajlich) persuades Justin to be tough with Danny. Back at the bar, Candace (Bridgit Mendler) tries to help Shelly (Ron Funches) deal with being just a booty-call and never the boyfriend.
One Big Happy - "A Tale of Two Hubbies" (NBC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
On a group trip to Las Vegas, Luke (Nick Zano), Prudence (Kelly Brook) and Lizzy (Elisha Cuthberg) visit the chapel where Nick and Prudence got married – only to discover that it was a sham and their marriage is not legal. Lizzy takes it upon herself to plan a spectacular new wedding with a special surprise. However, the group is in for an even bigger surprise about Prudence’s past life in England.
Your Family or Mine - "The Couch" (TBS, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Ricky plans on throwing out Oliver's childhood couch, but both he and Jason are ready to fight for it. Claire panics when Louis brings home a piece of art that features her in the nude.
Younger - "Girl Code" (TV Land, 10:00PM ET/PT)
After lending Kelsey a hand in the bathroom, Liza joins Kelsey's inner circle and neglects Maggie at the worst possible time. Diana's excited by the arrival of Empirical's handsome and potentially soon-to-be-divorced publisher.
Mann & Wife - "Mann-datory" (Bounce TV, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Daniel and Michael are forced to attend communication therapy; the kids fight for equal rights of their household chores.
Tuesday, April 21
- Courteney Cox (Cougar Town/Friends) - Catch Courteney on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC. She will also be on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Betty White (Hot in Cleveland/The Golden Girls/The Mary Tyler Moore Show) - Watch Betty on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Kumail Nanjiani (Silicon Valley) - Kumail is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Jeff Garlin (The Goldbergs/Curb Your Enthusiasm) - Jeff appears on Comedy Central's The Daily Show with Jon Stewart at 11pm.
- John C. McGinley (Ground Floor/Scrubs) - John is a guest on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Ana Gasteyer (Suburgatory) - Ana visits Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Mo'Nique (The Parkers) - Mo'Nique chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Oliver Hudson (Rules of Engagement) - Oliver stops by The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Tiffani Thiessen (Saved by the Bell/Saved by the Bell: The College Years) - Tiffani serves up braised tri-tip roast on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Edie Falco (Nurse Jackie) - Edie drops by The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Christopher Meloni (Surviving Jack/The Fanelli Boys) - Christopher is a guest on a repeat of The Queen Latifah Show on your local station or at 1am on BET.
- David Hyde Pierce (Frasier) - David and David Burtka from the new musical It Shoulda Been You are guests on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Jonathan Kite (2 Broke Girls) - Jonathan cracks the audience up with his celebrity impressions on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Cristela Alonzo (Cristela) - Cristela guest co-hosts The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Chris D'Elia (Undateable/Whitney) and Brent Morin (Undateable) - Chris and Brent are guests on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.
- Suzanne Somers (Three's Company/She's the Sheriff/Step by Step) - Suzanne reveals the devastating family health crisis that took years to diagnose and the 4 point detox checklist that she says helped save her and her family’s life on The Dr. Oz Show, so check your local listings.
- Lori Loughlin (Full House) - Lori talks about her two Hallmark Channel projects Garage Sale Mystery: The Deadly Room and the return of her show When Calls the Heart on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings. She will also be on KTLA 5 in Los Angeles live at 9:30am PT.
- Romeo Miller (Romeo!) - Romeo will be on PIX11 Morning News on WPIX in New York at 8:50am.
- Jamie Foxx (The Jamie Foxx Show) - Jamie can be heard on Sirius XM's Morning Mash Up at 9:30am.
- Nick Kroll (The League/Cavemen) - Nick talks about Adult Beginners on SI Now.