Tuesday, August 14, 2012
TNT Fall 2012 Schedule With Castle; Season 4 of Hot in Cleveland Begins Nov. 28 on TV Land With Special Guests Regis, Locklear, and More
Our next fall 2012 schedule will be for TNT! The network that knows drama will be adding popular drama Castle to its line-up this Fall. Castle was originally slated to launch in June, but then they decided to wait until the fall. TNT will begin airing the series on Wednesday, September 26, 2012 in a daytime block and primetime block. The daytime block will be Wednesdays from 12pm-6pm ET and in primetime from 8-11pm ET. The series will air in order from the beginning! Castle will also be airing in local broadcast syndication this fall on weekends (in NYC Sunday nights at 12am & 1am on WABC). The series returns for its fifth season this fall on ABC Mondays (Sept. 24 at 10/9c).
As for the rest of the TNT Fall 2012 schedule, most of the daytime changes will actually begin next week (Aug. 20). Smallville moves into the 6am hour, replacing Angel. That series will be on hiatus until Sept. 24 when it returns and starts airing weekdays at 5am...more on that in a bit. Back-to-back episodes each of Charmed and Supernatural will move up an hour each, so 7-9am and 9-11am respectively. TNT will also start airing a weekday strip of original series Rizzoli & Isles at 11am. From 12-6pm, TNT will have a marathon block each day, so you won't see Las Vegas, a strip of The Closer, and 3-8 marathons anymore. The 12-6pm marathons are The Mentalist on Mon & Thurs, Bones on Tuesdays, Castle on Wednesdays beginning Sept. 26 (The Mentalist will air until then), and old faithful Law & Order on Fridays. The Mentalist will also air every weeknight at 6 & 7pm now. In primetime, the popular TNT Monday original series block continues with new episodes. On Tuesday, Bones will air from 8-10pm leading into an original series at 10. Castle will air 8-11pm on Wednesdays effective Sept. 26 (The Mentalist will again air there until then). The Mentalist will air on Thursdays in prime, with movies on Fridays. In late night, 11pm-2am will continue to be CSI: NY. At 2am, we still have original drama encores. Law & Order remains at 3am, while at 4am Smallville will start in the hour on Sept. 24 replacing the wheel of Cold Case and NUMB3RS, which will both be off the line-up. And finally at 5am, Angel will start airing in the hour on Sept. 24 as mentioned, so don't worry if you are looking for it starting next week, it will be back by Sept. 24 but at a new time.
View the entire TNT Fall 2012 line-up. The schedule we have is through September, so if there are any more changes come October, we will let you know...so stay with us!
The Cleveland ladies are back and hotter than ever! Valerie Bertinelli, Jane Leeves, Wendie Malick and Betty White return for the fourth season of TV Land's hit sitcom Hot in Cleveland, taping in front of a live studio audience starting on Friday, August 31, and premiering Wednesday, November 28 at 10pm ET/PT. TV bombshell Heather Locklear (Dynasty, Melrose Place, Spin City) and Jay Harrington (Better Off Ted) will both be in multi-episode arcs, and TV legend Regis Philbin (LIVE! with Regis & Kelly, Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?) returns for the season premiere. Additionally, Georgia Engel (The Mary Tyler Moore Show) and Michael McMillian (True Blood) will reprise their roles – Engel as Mamie, who has a love/hate friendship with Elka (White), and McMillian as Owen, the long-lost son that Joy (Leeves) gave up for adoption.
In last season finale's shocking cliffhanger, Melanie (Bertinelli), Victoria (Malick), Joy and Elka discovered a baby on their doorstep, with no idea as to whose it is and why they left it there. Meanwhile, Elka had just gotten together with long-time hairdresser Pierre (Regis Philbin) after discovering that he was, in fact, NOT gay, as she had long suspected. And in the season premiere, it is revealed that Pierre has an unspoken connection with the new baby.
Locklear will debut as Chloe Summerlin, a former Miss Ohio who is now the founder and owner of Cleveland's number one public relations agency, which she runs with her ex-husband, Alec (Harrington). Melanie gets a job at the PR firm and sees sparks fly with Alec, not knowing that he's the ex of her no-nonsense boss.
In addition, as we know, the series has also been sold into broadcast syndication in more than 65% of the US Market by CBS Television Distribution for a 2014 debut.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, October 20
Superstore - "Dog Adoption Day" (NBC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
After new parents Cheyenne (Nichole Bloom) and Bo (recurring guest star Johnny Pemberton) get into a fight, Amy (America Ferrera) and Glenn (Mark McKinney) take vastly different approaches in giving them advice. Meanwhile, Mateo (Nico Santos) and Jonah (Ben Feldman) get assigned to handle dog adoptions in the store and work feverishly to get all of the dogs adopted once they find out what will happen to the dogs if they don't. Dina (Lauren Ash) refuses to adjust Garrett's (Colton Dunn) timecard based on "store rules," leaving Garrett happy to taunt Dina in revenge.
The Good Place - "The Eternal Shriek" (NBC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Eleanor (Kristen Bell) and Chidi (William Jackson Harper) set off on a quest with Janet (D'Arcy Carden) as their guide. Meanwhile, Tahani (Jameela Jamil) attempts to show Michael (Ted Danson) how much he is appreciated.
Better Things - "Duke's Chorus" (FX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Sam and the family go-to-meeting.
Thursday, October 20
- Elijah Wood (Wilfred) - Catch Elijah on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Lena Dunham (Girls) - Lena is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Nick Kroll (The League/Cavemen) - Nick appears on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- John Mulaney (Mulaney) - John is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Mila Kunis (That '70s Show/Family Guy) - Mila appears on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Matt LeBlanc (Man with a Plan/Episodes/Joey/Friends) - Matt chats about Man with a Plan on CBS This Morning sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Randall Park (Fresh Off the Boat) - Randall is a guest on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Derek Theler (Baby Daddy) - Derek appears on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Patrice Lovely (Love Thy Neighbor) - Patrice visits Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Zach Galifianakis (Baskets) - Zach and the cast of Keeping Up with the Joneses will be on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Wanda Sykes (The New Adventures of Old Christine/Wanda at Large) - Wanda will be on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. She also joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Victoria Justice (Victorious/Zoey 101) - Victoria talks about The Rocky Horror Picture Show on People Now at 8:30am.
- Anna Camp (The Mindy Project) - Anna talks about Netflix's Good Girls Revolt on the AOL Build Show at 11am.
- Cobie Smulders (How I Met Your Mother) - Cobie is a guest on Harry on Netflix.