Tuesday, November 20, 2012
Hot in Cleveland Sets Live Episode for June 19, 2013; TV Land Schedule Change Has Three's Company Returning, The Nanny Exiting Next Week
TV Land's hit sitcom Hot in Cleveland will premiere its summer season (AKA: second half of the fourth season) with a super-sized LIVE episode. The episode, airing Wednesday, June 19, 2013, will be live on the East Coast at 10pm ET, with the West Coast getting the live-to-tape version three hours later at 10pm PT. Hot in Cleveland, which is already filmed in front of a live audience, stars television favorites Valerie Bertinelli (One Day at a Time), Jane Leeves (Frasier), Wendie Malick (Just Shoot Me!) and the legendary Betty White (The Golden Girls). The sitcom is currently shooting its fourth season and returns with new episodes next week on Wednesday, November 28 at 10pm ET/PT, part of the first half of season four. Many guest stars will come aboard once again with new guests like Heather Locklear and returning guests like Regis Philbin.
The "live" episode on June 19 will be longer than the normal 21 minute episode, so stay tuned as we get closer to the date of how long it will be! Catch up with season 3 before tomorrow's fourth season premiere, if you haven't already with the season 3 DVD...read our DVD review!
We stick with TV Land for more news. TV Land has made some changes to its late night schedule and Saturday morning schedule that will for the most part start next week, the week of Nov. 26. Essentially, Three's Company is returning from hiatus, while The Nanny goes on a hiatus. Three's Company will return on Saturday, Dec. 1 and air every Saturday morning from 4am-11am for seven straight hours! It will cut the Roseanne slots, which was airing from 6am-5pm on Saturdays. Now it will be 11am-5pm. As for The Nanny, the series is airing on TV Land weeknights from approx. 3-4am, but starting next week it will be off the line-up. Late nights starting 1am will be altered, with Hot in Cleveland and Happily Divorced reruns airing in the 1am hour beginning next week. The 2am hour will now be That '70s Show, pushing Roseanne back to the 3am hour, replacing The Nanny, which departs. The 4-5am and 5-6am hours of Home Improvement and That '70s Show will remain intact, but on Friday nights (early Saturday mornings), as mentioned will now be Three's Company.
Three's Company left the TV Land schedule in late September, so now it returns over two months later. This is good news as we mentioned last week that Antenna TV will be putting the series on hiatus starting in January. And The Nanny's departure is not a big deal since it airs on sister network Nick at Nite every night from 10-11pm. Come on back for any more news and stay with us as we detail TV Land's Merrython schedule soon.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, October 22
Superstore - "Guns, Pills and Birds" (NBC, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Amy (America Ferrera) assigns an uncomfortable Jonah (Ben Feldman) to the gun section of Cloud 9, Jonah abuses his right-to-refuse sale to anyone that causes concern, causing an open-carry protest to gather in the store. On principle, Glenn (Mark McKinney) attempts to purchase all of the store's morning-after pills, but finds himself in a moral dilemma when he can't afford them. Dina (Lauren Ash), Garrett (Colton Dunn) and Mateo (Nico Santos) hunt down a crow that has flown into the store.
The Thundermans - "Happy Heroween" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
It's a major Halloween storm outside, but inside Colosso keeps the family spooked by telling three scary stories that are sure to terrify even the bravest of superheroes.
School of Rock - "Welcome to My Nightmare" (Nickelodeon, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Mr. Finn's class decides to celebrate Halloween in school after Principal Mullins, who hates the holiday, goes home sick. When she returns sooner than expected, they have to scramble to keep her from finding out the truth.
Saturday, October 22
- Jim J. Bullock (Too Close for Comfort) - Jim talks about touring the U.S. in Kinky Boots on Oprah: Where Are They Now? at 10pm ET/PT on OWN.
- Patti LaBelle (Out All Night) - Catch Patti on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Ricky Gervais (The Office) - Watch Ricky on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Tom Hanks (Bosom Buddies) - Tom appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also talks about Inferno on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Elijah Wood (Wilfred) - Elijah is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Ana Gasteyer (People of Earth/Lady Dynamite/Suburgatory) - Ana visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Nick Offerman (Parks and Recreation) - Nick stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ron Howard (Happy Days/The Andy Griffith Show) - Ron appears on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Zooey Deschanel (New Girl) - Zooey is a guest on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Michael Chiklis (Daddio) - Michael drops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Jameela Jamil (The Good Place) - Jameela appears on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Aya Cash (You're the Worst) - Aya talks about You're the Worst on the AOL Build ShoW at 2pm. She will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth) - Will is a guest on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Mary Steenburgen (The Last Man on Earth/Ink) - Mary talks about The Last Man on Earth on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. She will also be on the AOL Build Show at 12:30pm.
- Anna Camp (The Mindy Project) - Anna talks about Good Girls Revolt on People Now at 8:30am.
- James Brolin (Life in Pieces) - James is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.