Thursday, November 15, 2012
Whatchoo talkin' bout? The very next day, (Wednesday, January 2, 2013) Antenna TV will add the classic '80s sitcom Diff'rent Strokes to its regular lineup! We hinted that a new show would be coming in January, now it is official! The Gary Coleman sitcom will be airing Mondays & Wednesdays from 9-11pm ET and also on Sunday nights from 10-11pm ET. In addition, current Sunday night staples, WKRP in Cincinnati and Barney Miller, will be moving to weeknights this January! Antenna TV will also add Antenna TV Theater, a Saturday night primetime movie block. We will have more on the actual schedule for January next month, so stay with us!
Antenna TV's 2013 lineup includes classic favorites such as: Leave it to Beaver, Dennis the Menace, Father Knows Best, Adam-12, Dragnet, The Partridge Family, Good Times, Sanford and Son, Maude, Hazel, Benson, All in the Family, Diff'rent Strokes, WKRP in Cincinnati, Barney Miller, Alfred Hitchcock Presents, The George Burns and Gracie Allen Show, Jack Benny Presets, Gidget, The Flying Nun, The Adventures of Rin Tin Tin, The Monkees, S.W.A.T, Bachelor Father, McHale's Navy and It Takes a Thief. There are a few current shows missing from this list, but that doesn't mean anything until we see the schedule itself, as this is just a select list of shows. One show we know that will be "resting" for a bit starting in January will be Three's Company as it has aired the most on the network for the last two years. We hope it will rest up and be back later in 2013, but of course you can still watch it right now until the end of December (Mon-Thurs 7-8pm and 11pm-12am ET).
In addition to Tribune and Local TV, since its launch in 2011, Antenna TV has partnered with several broadcast groups including Cox, Gannett, LIN, Media General, Capitol Broadcasting, Hubbard, Gray, Raycom, Sarkes Tarzian, Journal Broadcast Group, Intermountain West, Morris Multimedia, Block Communications, Woods Communications Corp and Paxton Media Group.
Stay with us for the FULL Antenna TV January 2013 schedule as soon as we can announce it. Now, the world don't move to the beat of just one drum...
MTV2 has picked up two more sitcoms for its line-up, but this time two short-lived series. Short-lived comedies The Tracy Morgan Show and The PJs have been added to the schedule, both airing once a week in late night blocks. They were actually added to the schedule last week. The Tracy Morgan Show will primarily air Wednesday nights (early Thursday mornings) from 2-4am ET and The PJs will primarily air Thursday nights (early Friday mornings) from 2-4am ET. Both comedies were last seen on cable network TV One. In fact, Tracy Morgan Show still airs on TV One on Saturday mornings. These comedies won't air daily like the other MTV2 sitcoms like Saved by the Bell, Boy Meets World, Martin and The Wayans Bros., but it is good that they are at least airing them once a week. MTV2 also started airing That '70s Show from time to time in the late night, since MTV stopped airing it. The Tracy Morgan Show and The PJs will be airing more than Malcolm & Eddie and In Living Color, as those two only air from time to time now on MTV2.
The Tracy Morgan Show is about a family man who lives in a small Brooklyn apartment with his wife and two kids deals with the daily headaches of working at an auto garage while dreaming of expanding the business. The PJs is an animated comedy that follows the adventures of the Subbs and their friends, while taking a satirical view of the ups and downs of life in a big-city housing project. The series comes from Eddie Murphy.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, October 21
Last Man Standing - "Trick or Treat" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
It’s Halloween and the Baxter family is excited for their annual party, except for Mike who’s reluctantly tasked with choosing the theme. In hopes of turning everyone against the holiday, Mike decides that maybe if the whole family has to dress up like each other they’ll end up making fun of one another. Eve dresses up like Mandy and Mandy dresses down like Eve, Kristin and Ryan swap roles, and Mike shows up to the party as… Donald Trump!? The impersonating turns into bickering but in the end, the Baxters come together to support Vanessa as she learns that she’s being laid off.
Dr. Ken - "D.K.'s Korean Ghost Story" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
On Halloween, Allison is disappointed the holiday doesn’t seem to scare Dave anymore, meaning her little boy is growing up, perhaps too fast. But that might change after D.K. tells a scary Korean gwishin (ghost) story. The Park family, as well as the gang at Welltopia, bring the story to life playing the various gwishins.
Tyler Perry's For Better or Worse - "Jack" (OWN, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Marcus deals with the loss of one of his former teammates.
Friday, October 21
- Matthew Perry (The Odd Couple/Go On/Mr. Sunshine) - Watch Matthew on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Jerry Seinfeld (Seinfeld) - Jerry appears on a repeat of The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Matt LeBlanc (Man with a Plan/Episodes/Joey/Friends) - Matt is a guest on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Elijah Wood (Wilfred) - Elijah talks about Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings. He will also be on the AOL Build Show at 1:15pm.
- Lindsay Sloane (The Odd Couple/The Stones/Mr. Rhodes) - Lindsay visits Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Tom Hanks (Bosom Buddies) and Ron Howard (Happy Days/The Andy Griffith Show) - Tom and Ron will be on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Christian Slater (Breaking In) - Christian talks about King Cobra on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Anna Camp (The Mindy Project) - Anna talks about Netflix's Good Girls Revolt on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. She will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Jennifer Grey (Red Oaks/It's Like, You Know...) - Jennifer joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Thomas Lennon (The Odd Couple/Sean Saves the World/Reno 911!) and Jason Biggs (Mad Love/Drexell's Class) - Thomas and Jason are guests on Chelsea on Netflix.
- Marisa Tomei (A Different World) - Marisa appears on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Paul Reiser (Red Oaks/Mad About You/The Paul Reiser Show) - Paul is a guest on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.