Thursday, November 15, 2012
Whatchoo talkin' bout? The very next day, (Wednesday, January 2, 2013) Antenna TV will add the classic '80s sitcom Diff'rent Strokes to its regular lineup! We hinted that a new show would be coming in January, now it is official! The Gary Coleman sitcom will be airing Mondays & Wednesdays from 9-11pm ET and also on Sunday nights from 10-11pm ET. In addition, current Sunday night staples, WKRP in Cincinnati and Barney Miller, will be moving to weeknights this January! Antenna TV will also add Antenna TV Theater, a Saturday night primetime movie block. We will have more on the actual schedule for January next month, so stay with us!
Antenna TV's 2013 lineup includes classic favorites such as: Leave it to Beaver, Dennis the Menace, Father Knows Best, Adam-12, Dragnet, The Partridge Family, Good Times, Sanford and Son, Maude, Hazel, Benson, All in the Family, Diff'rent Strokes, WKRP in Cincinnati, Barney Miller, Alfred Hitchcock Presents, The George Burns and Gracie Allen Show, Jack Benny Presets, Gidget, The Flying Nun, The Adventures of Rin Tin Tin, The Monkees, S.W.A.T, Bachelor Father, McHale's Navy and It Takes a Thief. There are a few current shows missing from this list, but that doesn't mean anything until we see the schedule itself, as this is just a select list of shows. One show we know that will be "resting" for a bit starting in January will be Three's Company as it has aired the most on the network for the last two years. We hope it will rest up and be back later in 2013, but of course you can still watch it right now until the end of December (Mon-Thurs 7-8pm and 11pm-12am ET).
In addition to Tribune and Local TV, since its launch in 2011, Antenna TV has partnered with several broadcast groups including Cox, Gannett, LIN, Media General, Capitol Broadcasting, Hubbard, Gray, Raycom, Sarkes Tarzian, Journal Broadcast Group, Intermountain West, Morris Multimedia, Block Communications, Woods Communications Corp and Paxton Media Group.
Stay with us for the FULL Antenna TV January 2013 schedule as soon as we can announce it. Now, the world don't move to the beat of just one drum...
MTV2 has picked up two more sitcoms for its line-up, but this time two short-lived series. Short-lived comedies The Tracy Morgan Show and The PJs have been added to the schedule, both airing once a week in late night blocks. They were actually added to the schedule last week. The Tracy Morgan Show will primarily air Wednesday nights (early Thursday mornings) from 2-4am ET and The PJs will primarily air Thursday nights (early Friday mornings) from 2-4am ET. Both comedies were last seen on cable network TV One. In fact, Tracy Morgan Show still airs on TV One on Saturday mornings. These comedies won't air daily like the other MTV2 sitcoms like Saved by the Bell, Boy Meets World, Martin and The Wayans Bros., but it is good that they are at least airing them once a week. MTV2 also started airing That '70s Show from time to time in the late night, since MTV stopped airing it. The Tracy Morgan Show and The PJs will be airing more than Malcolm & Eddie and In Living Color, as those two only air from time to time now on MTV2.
The Tracy Morgan Show is about a family man who lives in a small Brooklyn apartment with his wife and two kids deals with the daily headaches of working at an auto garage while dreaming of expanding the business. The PJs is an animated comedy that follows the adventures of the Subbs and their friends, while taking a satirical view of the ups and downs of life in a big-city housing project. The series comes from Eddie Murphy.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)
10/04 - The Andy Griffith Show - The Christmas Special (Colorized)
10/04 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #1 (Colorized)
10/11 - Dr. Ken - Season One
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Series
10/11 - Nurse Jackie - Seasons One and Two
10/11 - Weeds - Seasons One and Two
11/01 - Schitt's Creek - Seasons One and Two
11/08 - Family Matters - The Complete Ninth Season
11/08 - Your Family or Mine - Season One
11/15 - Community - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Lucy Show - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Mindy Project - Season Four
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, December 10
Saturday, December 10
- Dennis Haskins (Saved by the Bell/Saved by the Bell: The New Class) - Dennis will be featured on Oprah: Where Are They Now? at 10pm ET/PT on OWN.
- Jennifer Lawrence (The Bill Engvall Show) - Watch Jennifer Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Bryan Cranston (Malcolm in the Middle) - Bryan is a guest on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. He also chats about the film Why Him? on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- John Goodman (Roseanne/Normal, Ohio) - John appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Chris Pratt (Parks and Recreation) - Chris visits The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Olivia Munn (Perfect Couples) - Olivia is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS. She joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Matthew Perry (The Odd Couple/Go On/Mr. Sunshine) - Matthew stops by The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Kevin Nealon (Man with a Plan/Weeds/Hiller and Diller/Champs) - Kevin appears on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Will Smith (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air) - Will talks about Collateral Beauty on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Henry Winkler (Happy Days/Out of Practice/Arrested Development) - Henry will be on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Megan Mullally (Will & Grace) - Megan is a guest on the AOL Build Show at 4pm.