Tuesday, November 27, 2012
Cloo's Countdown to Christmas Marathon Includes Classic TV; Ben Savage and Danielle Fishel Sign On For Girl Meets World Pilot
Cloo is getting into the holiday mode with a Christmas episode marathon set for Sunday, Dec. 23 that they are calling the Cloo Countdown to Christmas Marathon. It will be a mix of classic sitcoms and dramas, along with newer dramas. This marathon features special Christmas themed episodes from Laverne & Shirley, Family Ties, The Odd Couple, Taxi, Happy Days, MacGyver, Mork & Mindy, Monk, Psych, The Dead Zone & House. Kicking it off will be two Christmas episodes of Taxi from 6am-7am, leading into the Christmas episode for The Odd Couple at 7am. Three Family Ties Christmas episodes will follow from 7:30am-9am. Three continues to be the magic number as three Christmas episodes of Laverne & Shirley will follow from 9am-10:30am. Next, Happy Days doubles the three count with six Christmas episodes airings from 10:30am-1:30pm. Spin-off series Mork & Mindy starring Robin Williams will follow with its only Christmas episode at 1:30pm. Classic drama MacGyver will end the classic TV portion of the marathon with a Christmas episode at 2pm.
Then the rest of the time will feature more newer dramas with Monk airing from 3-6pm with three Christmas episodes. Holiday episodes of House, Psych, and The Dead Zone round out the rest of the schedule from 6pm-6am.
Elsewhere on Cloo, Christmas Eve through Dec. 26, they will present the "3 Wise Guys" marathons that will feature episodes from Psych, Burn Notice, & House. Each series will air for 24 straight hours. And then it's the ladies' turn with the "3 Wise Gals" marathons that feature episodes from In Plain Sight, Charlie's Angels & Fairly Legal from Dec. 28-30 in 24-hour blocks. If you want more Charlie's Angels, you can catch Farrah and the girls on sister network Universal HD with the Charlie's Angels Christmas Eve Marathon on Monday, Dec. 24 starting at 6am. And finally on New Year's Eve, end 2012 with the MacGyver New Year's Eve marathon that runs 24-hours beginning at 6am on Monday, Dec. 31.
As we mentioned earlier this month, Disney Channel is in the very early stages in developing Girl Meets World, a sequel to Boy Meets World. Now we have more news! Ben Savage (Cory Matthews) and Danielle Fishel (Topanga Lawrence Matthews) will reprise their roles in this new pilot, according to TVLine. The "potential" sequel series picks up more than a decade after Boy Meets World ended its ABC run and finds Cory and Topanga happily married and raising their 13-year-old daughter, Riley (from whose point of view the story is told). The pilot is still in the very early stages of development with Boy Meets World creator and executive producer Michael Jacobs at the helm.
Like we said, there is still a long way to go. A pilot needs to be ordered. Then it would need to cast everyone and tape the pilot. And then if Disney Channel likes it, it could be ordered to series. Hopefully the process speeds up and we actually get this on TV sometime in 2013, but a lot has to happen. We have a good start!
Read Danielle Fishel's blog entry on her thoughts and explanation on this series. All fans should read this so you know what Girls Meet World could bring should we get this series on TV.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (March/April)
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
04/04 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Fifth Season
04/11 - Father Knows Best - Season Five
04/11 - Schitt's Creek - The Complete Third Season
04/11 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/11 - Veep - The Complete Fifth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Sunday, April 30
Bob's Burgers - "Like Gene for Chocolate" (Fox, 7:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Gene learns that the formula for his favorite chocolate has changed, he works with the head of the company in an attempt to remedy the situation. Meanwhile, Bob gets wrapped up in one of Teddy’s less-than-perfect plans.
Bob's Burgers - "Thelma & Louise Except Thelma Is Linda" (Fox, 7:30PM ET/PT)
After Louise gets in trouble at school, Linda is forced to meet with Mr. Frond (guest voice David Herman) and potentially could lose her hard-earned position as the Wagstaff bake sale leader. When she finds out that her daughter was actually trying to help another student, Linda is torn between following school policy or her own moral code.
The Simpsons - "Looking for Mr. Goodbart" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Bart gets in trouble on Grandparents Day at school and is forced to hang out with Skinner’s mother as punishment. After spending time with various grandmas in the neighborhood, he learns the benefits of hanging out with the elderly, but eventually recognizes the dangers of taking advantage of them. Meanwhile, Peekimon Get has taken over the town of Springfield.
Making History - "Night Cream" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT)
With the ever-present threat of losing tenure looming over him, Chris reaches out to John Hancock and Samuel Adams to help spice things up in the classroom in 2017. Meanwhile, Deb's dream of re-opening Chadwick's ice cream parlor is finally coming to fruition, but Dan has a few marketing ideas of his own.
Family Guy - "The Peter Principal" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Peter becomes the temporary principal at the high school, and Meg uses his new power to get even with her bullies. Meanwhile, Brian and Stewie open a bed & breakfast that quickly turns into a brothel.
The Last Man on Earth - "The Big Day" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Tandy and Gail face off in a major disagreement, on which the whole group must weigh in, and Carol is forced to choose a side. Meanwhile, Melissa, Todd and Erica each have major milestone moments.
Sunday, April 30
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal) - Catch NeNe on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Chris Pratt (Parks and Recreation) - Watch Chris on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am and LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- America Ferrera (Superstore) - America drops by Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Ike Barinholtz (The Mindy Project) - Ike appears on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Joel McHale (The Great Indoors/Community) - Joel is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jake Johnson (New Girl) - Jake visits The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Hank Azaria (Brockmire/The Simpsons/Free Agents) - Hank stops by Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Al Madrigal (About a Boy/Welcome to the Captain/Gary Unmarried) - Al appears on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Kevin Nealon (Man with a Plan/Weeds/Hiller and Diller/Champs) - Kevin is a guest on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Ashton Kutcher (The Ranch/Two and a Half Men/That '70s Show) - Ashton appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Allison Janney (Mom/Mr. Sunshine) - Allison teams up with Mario Batali to make a cheesy, decadent Gnocchi Al Telefono and dishes about her new Broadway show on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Charlie Hunnam (Undeclared) - Charlie will be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. He will also be on the AOL Build Show at 11:15am.
- Nick Robinson (Melissa & Joey) - Nick talks about his new film Everything, Everything on the AOL Build Show at 1pm.
- Jodie Sweetin (Hollywood Darlings/Fuller House/Full House) - Jodie is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.