Tuesday, November 27, 2012
Cloo's Countdown to Christmas Marathon Includes Classic TV; Ben Savage and Danielle Fishel Sign On For Girl Meets World Pilot
Cloo is getting into the holiday mode with a Christmas episode marathon set for Sunday, Dec. 23 that they are calling the Cloo Countdown to Christmas Marathon. It will be a mix of classic sitcoms and dramas, along with newer dramas. This marathon features special Christmas themed episodes from Laverne & Shirley, Family Ties, The Odd Couple, Taxi, Happy Days, MacGyver, Mork & Mindy, Monk, Psych, The Dead Zone & House. Kicking it off will be two Christmas episodes of Taxi from 6am-7am, leading into the Christmas episode for The Odd Couple at 7am. Three Family Ties Christmas episodes will follow from 7:30am-9am. Three continues to be the magic number as three Christmas episodes of Laverne & Shirley will follow from 9am-10:30am. Next, Happy Days doubles the three count with six Christmas episodes airings from 10:30am-1:30pm. Spin-off series Mork & Mindy starring Robin Williams will follow with its only Christmas episode at 1:30pm. Classic drama MacGyver will end the classic TV portion of the marathon with a Christmas episode at 2pm.
Then the rest of the time will feature more newer dramas with Monk airing from 3-6pm with three Christmas episodes. Holiday episodes of House, Psych, and The Dead Zone round out the rest of the schedule from 6pm-6am.
Elsewhere on Cloo, Christmas Eve through Dec. 26, they will present the "3 Wise Guys" marathons that will feature episodes from Psych, Burn Notice, & House. Each series will air for 24 straight hours. And then it's the ladies' turn with the "3 Wise Gals" marathons that feature episodes from In Plain Sight, Charlie's Angels & Fairly Legal from Dec. 28-30 in 24-hour blocks. If you want more Charlie's Angels, you can catch Farrah and the girls on sister network Universal HD with the Charlie's Angels Christmas Eve Marathon on Monday, Dec. 24 starting at 6am. And finally on New Year's Eve, end 2012 with the MacGyver New Year's Eve marathon that runs 24-hours beginning at 6am on Monday, Dec. 31.
As we mentioned earlier this month, Disney Channel is in the very early stages in developing Girl Meets World, a sequel to Boy Meets World. Now we have more news! Ben Savage (Cory Matthews) and Danielle Fishel (Topanga Lawrence Matthews) will reprise their roles in this new pilot, according to TVLine. The "potential" sequel series picks up more than a decade after Boy Meets World ended its ABC run and finds Cory and Topanga happily married and raising their 13-year-old daughter, Riley (from whose point of view the story is told). The pilot is still in the very early stages of development with Boy Meets World creator and executive producer Michael Jacobs at the helm.
Like we said, there is still a long way to go. A pilot needs to be ordered. Then it would need to cast everyone and tape the pilot. And then if Disney Channel likes it, it could be ordered to series. Hopefully the process speeds up and we actually get this on TV sometime in 2013, but a lot has to happen. We have a good start!
Read Danielle Fishel's blog entry on her thoughts and explanation on this series. All fans should read this so you know what Girls Meet World could bring should we get this series on TV.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (April/May)
04/04 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Fifth Season
04/11 - Father Knows Best - Season Five
04/11 - Schitt's Creek - The Complete Third Season
04/11 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/11 - Veep - The Complete Fifth Season
05/02 - Red, White and Blue Collar Sitcoms - Make TV Great Again
05/09 - ALF - The Complete DVD Collection
05/09 - Divorce - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
05/09 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Second Season
05/16 - The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air - The Complete Series
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Tuesday, May 23
Downward Dog - "Boundaries" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Nan installs an automatic dog door so she can take away Jason’s key but still keep him as Martin’s dog walker, Martin is convinced he can suddenly open doors with his mind, and the new-found power goes to his head. Meanwhile at work, Nan’s boss is unable to understand the new ad campaign Nan sold to the corporate bosses, and he spirals into confusion.
Brooklyn Nine-Nine - "The Bank Job" / "Crime & Punishment" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
As Jake and Rosa continue their search for a bank-robbing operation with Lieutenant Hawkins (guest star Gina Gershon), they realize there’s more to her team than meets the eye. After discovering a dangerous secret, they call for back-up from Holt and Pimento (guest star Jason Mantzoukas). Meanwhile, Boyle objects to Gina’s new boyfriend (guest star Ryan Phillipe). Then, Jake and Rosa are framed for a crime they didn’t commit, it’s up to the Nine-Nine to find a way to bust them out.
Great News - "Carol Has a Bully" (NBC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Carol (Andrea Martin) has a midterm she must pass in order to keep her internship. Katie (Briga Heelan) needs to choose between helping her mom and focusing on her hacking story, which she can't seem to crack. Meanwhile, Greg's (Adam Campbell) wealthy estranged grandmother (guest star Christina Pickles) pays a visit to the office. Chuck (John Michael Higgins) finds her cold and cruel, but almost immediately falls in love with her.
Great News - "Carol's Eleven" (NBC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Katie (Briga Heelan) makes a huge discovery about the story she's been chasing and, with the help of Carol (Andrea Martin) and the rest of the staff, concocts a scheme to get the story out. Greg (Adam Campbell) struggles with balancing his conflicting loyalties to his family, co-workers and conscience.
Mann & Wife - "Mann, Shut Yo Mouth" (Bounce TV, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Struggling to solve a tough case, an exhausted Daniel falls asleep and wakes up in a 70's blaxploitation cop show.
Tuesday, May 23
- Terry Crews (Brooklyn Nine-Nine/Are We There Yet?/Everybody Hates Chris) - Catch Terry on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Rob Huebel (Trasparent/Burning Love) - Rob appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Al Madrigal (About a Boy/Welcome to The Captain/Gary Unmarried), Andrew Santino (I'm Dying Up Here/Sin City Saints) and Erik Griffin (I'm Dying Up Here) - Al, Andrew and Erik are guests on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ari Graynor (I'm Dying Up Here/Bad Teacher) - Ari stops by Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Nick Kroll (The League/Cavemen) - Nick visits Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Ben Falcone (Nobodies/A to Z/Joey) - Ben drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Abigail Breslin (Scream Queens) - Abigail appears on LIVE! with Kelly and Ryan, so check your listings.
- Mayim Bialik (The Big Bang Theory/Blossom) - Mayim talks about her new book Girling Up: How to Be Strong, Smart and Spectacular and The Big Bang Theory on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- William Shatner ($#*! My Dad Says) - William is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Kyle Chandler (What About Joan?) - Kyle teams up with Clinton Kelly to grill up a great entrée on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Nicole Byer ( Loosely Exactly Nicole) - Nicole is a guest on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.
- The Love Boat Cast - The cast of The Love Boat reunites on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Debra Messing (Will & Grace) - Debra chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Zoe Lister-Jones (Life in Pieces/Friends with Better Lives/Whitney) - Zoe talks about her new comedy Band Aid on the AOL Build Show 1pm.
- Jamie Foxx (The Jamie Foxx Show) - Jamie talks about Beat Shazam on AOL Build Show 4pm.