Monday, November 12, 2012
Antenna TV's Leave it to Beaver Thanksgiving Marathon; NBC Previews New Comedy 1600 Penn in December
Gee Wally! This year, the best part of Thanksgiving isn't the turkey, but the 'Beaver' when Antenna TV airs a 27-hour Leave it to Beaver marathon on Thursday, November 22, 2012. Beginning at Midnight ET (9pm PT on Wednesday), Antenna TV - which airs on 70 affiliates across the U.S. reaching 61% of TV households - will air 54 back-to-back episodes of the classic sitcom Leave it to Beaver, featuring America's most traditional family on the day we spend time with our families the most--Thanksgiving!
This quintessential sitcom defines the "golly gee" wholesomeness of 1950s and '60s TV, where dad Ward Cleaver always gets home in time for dinner, mom June cleans the house wearing a dress and pearls, and kids Wally and Theodore (aka the Beav) always learn a lesson by the end of the episode. Wally's friend, Eddie Haskell, causes trouble while kissing up to Mr. and Mrs. Cleaver.
In addition, on Thanksgiving Eve (Wednesday, November 21), Antenna TV will run Thanksgiving themed episodes of Hazel, Father Knows Best, Good Times and All in the Family beginning at 8pm ET through 10pm ET, followed by the famous WKRP in Cincinnati "Turkeys Away" episode, not once, not twice, but FOUR times in a row from 10pm-12am ET!
View an episode list for the entire Leave it to Beaver marathon, plus also a list of the Thanksgiving episodes marathon on Thanksgiving Eve! Stay tuned for information on further holiday Antenna TV marathons as we get closer to Christmas and New Year's! More classic TV is to come, including a brand new addition to the line-up this January!
NBC is giving an upcoming new mid-season comedy a sneak peek next month after the final performance show of the season for NBC's The Voice. That show concludes its third season with a live two-hour finale on Tuesday, December 18 from 9-11 p.m. ET, but the finale also will be preceded with a live, 90-minute final performance episode on Monday, December 17 from 8-9:30 p.m. ET -- which will be followed by a sneak preview of NBC's new comedy series 1600 Penn at 9:30 p.m. ET. We gave you the NBC mid-season 2013 schedule a few weeks ago and none of that is changing, just that we're getting a sneak peek premiere of 1600 Penn on Dec. 17.
1600 Penn stars Bill Pullman (Independence Day), Jenna Elfman (Dharma and Greg) and Josh Gad (Broadway's The Book of Mormon) – and concerns a typical American family who just happen to live in the White House. The series will premiere in its regular day and time a little over three weeks later on Thursday, January 10, 2013 at 9:30 p.m. ET. The sneak peek episode that airs on Dec. 17 will also re-air the night of the premiere (Jan. 10) at 8:30pm.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Wednesday, September 28
The Goldbergs - "I Heart Video Dating" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Erica and Lainey try to find Bill a woman of interest by using new technology for dating. They recruit Adam to create a demo reel, but Beverly insists she will find someone the old fashioned way. Meanwhile, after a “failed” aptitude test, Barry decides he wants to be a gym teacher and becomes Coach Mellor’s apprentice.
Speechless - "N-E--NEW A-I--AIDE" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Maya struggles as Kenneth takes over as JJ’s full-time aide. Loving his new freedom, JJ avoids attending a physical therapy appointment, and Maya automatically blames Kenneth, using any excuse to confirm her misgivings and moves to fire him. Meanwhile, Jimmy struggles to teach Dylan the family way to not be so neighborly.
Modern Family - "A Stereotypical Day" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Jay does not want to give the new family moving in across the street the wrong impression and goes out of his way to make sure they know he is the best kind of neighbor, while Manny decides that the best way to an attractive and radical-thinking teenage girl’s heart is through his actions. Meanwhile, at the Pritchett house, the entire family is using Alex’s recent bout of mono to their advantage. Finally, Cam and Mitchell have always felt they were the most open, non-judgmental and supportive parents. However, when they overhear Lily insulting her new friend, they have to take a quick look in the mirror before they teach her a lesson about acceptance.
black-ish - "God" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When Dre discovers that Zoey is questioning her belief in God, he undergoes a crisis of faith and leans on family members and coworkers for their input. Meanwhile, Bow’s brother Johan comes to stay with The Johnsons after living abroad and becomes an instant thorn in Dre’s side.
Younger - "A Kiss is Just a Kiss" (TV Land, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Liza sends Caitlin off to college and struggles to weigh her feelings for both Josh and Charles.
Impastor - "The Devil Went Down to Ladner" (TV Land, 10:30PM ET/PT)
Buddy’s attempt to outfox the detectives backfires. Dora, Alexa, and Russell suspect something ominous is going on with their new pastor. Schmidt learns the truth about Ashlee.
You're the Worst - "Twenty-Two" (FXX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Edgar spends the day trying to find some relief for his PTSD.
Wednesday, September 28
- Sarah Jessica Parker (Divorce/Sex and the City/Square Pegs) - Watch Sarah on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Daveed Diggs (black-ish) - Daveed stops by Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- January Jones (The Last Man on Earth) - January appears on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. She will also be on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings and on the AOL Build Show at 11am.
- Wilmer Valderrama (That '70s Show) - Wilmer visits The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ken Marino (Marry Me/Party Down/Men Behaving Badly) - Ken is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Ted Danson (The Good Place/Becker/Cheers) - Ted stops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- T.J. Miller (Silicon Valley/The Goodwin Games/Carpoolers) - T.J. appears on Chelsea on Netflix.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Kristin Chenoweth (Kristin) - Kristin joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Nathan Lane (Modern Family/Encore! Encore!/Charlie Lawrence) and John Goodman (Roseanne) - Nathan and John talk about The Front Page on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Hilary Duff (Younger/Lizzie McGuire) and Debbie Mazar (Younger/Entourage/Working) - Hilary and Debbie talk about Younger on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. Hilary will also be on People Now at 8:30am.
- The Cast of Impastor - Michael Rosenbaum, Sara Rue, Mircea Monroe, David Rasche and Mike Kosinski discuss Impastor on the AOL Build Show at 12pm and on Facebook Live. Sara will also be on PIX Morning News on WPIX in New York.
- Marcia Gay Harden (Trophy Wife) - Marcia is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Norm Macdonald (Norm) - Norm appears on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.