Monday, November 12, 2012
Antenna TV's Leave it to Beaver Thanksgiving Marathon; NBC Previews New Comedy 1600 Penn in December
Gee Wally! This year, the best part of Thanksgiving isn't the turkey, but the 'Beaver' when Antenna TV airs a 27-hour Leave it to Beaver marathon on Thursday, November 22, 2012. Beginning at Midnight ET (9pm PT on Wednesday), Antenna TV - which airs on 70 affiliates across the U.S. reaching 61% of TV households - will air 54 back-to-back episodes of the classic sitcom Leave it to Beaver, featuring America's most traditional family on the day we spend time with our families the most--Thanksgiving!
This quintessential sitcom defines the "golly gee" wholesomeness of 1950s and '60s TV, where dad Ward Cleaver always gets home in time for dinner, mom June cleans the house wearing a dress and pearls, and kids Wally and Theodore (aka the Beav) always learn a lesson by the end of the episode. Wally's friend, Eddie Haskell, causes trouble while kissing up to Mr. and Mrs. Cleaver.
In addition, on Thanksgiving Eve (Wednesday, November 21), Antenna TV will run Thanksgiving themed episodes of Hazel, Father Knows Best, Good Times and All in the Family beginning at 8pm ET through 10pm ET, followed by the famous WKRP in Cincinnati "Turkeys Away" episode, not once, not twice, but FOUR times in a row from 10pm-12am ET!
View an episode list for the entire Leave it to Beaver marathon, plus also a list of the Thanksgiving episodes marathon on Thanksgiving Eve! Stay tuned for information on further holiday Antenna TV marathons as we get closer to Christmas and New Year's! More classic TV is to come, including a brand new addition to the line-up this January!
NBC is giving an upcoming new mid-season comedy a sneak peek next month after the final performance show of the season for NBC's The Voice. That show concludes its third season with a live two-hour finale on Tuesday, December 18 from 9-11 p.m. ET, but the finale also will be preceded with a live, 90-minute final performance episode on Monday, December 17 from 8-9:30 p.m. ET -- which will be followed by a sneak preview of NBC's new comedy series 1600 Penn at 9:30 p.m. ET. We gave you the NBC mid-season 2013 schedule a few weeks ago and none of that is changing, just that we're getting a sneak peek premiere of 1600 Penn on Dec. 17.
1600 Penn stars Bill Pullman (Independence Day), Jenna Elfman (Dharma and Greg) and Josh Gad (Broadway's The Book of Mormon) – and concerns a typical American family who just happen to live in the White House. The series will premiere in its regular day and time a little over three weeks later on Thursday, January 10, 2013 at 9:30 p.m. ET. The sneak peek episode that airs on Dec. 17 will also re-air the night of the premiere (Jan. 10) at 8:30pm.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (April/May)
04/04 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Fifth Season
04/11 - Father Knows Best - Season Five
04/11 - Schitt's Creek - The Complete Third Season
04/11 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/11 - Veep - The Complete Fifth Season
05/02 - Red, White and Blue Collar Sitcoms - Make TV Great Again
05/09 - ALF - The Complete DVD Collection
05/09 - Divorce - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
05/09 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Second Season
05/16 - The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air - The Complete Series
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Tuesday, May 23
Downward Dog - "Boundaries" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Nan installs an automatic dog door so she can take away Jason’s key but still keep him as Martin’s dog walker, Martin is convinced he can suddenly open doors with his mind, and the new-found power goes to his head. Meanwhile at work, Nan’s boss is unable to understand the new ad campaign Nan sold to the corporate bosses, and he spirals into confusion.
Brooklyn Nine-Nine - "The Bank Job" / "Crime & Punishment" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
As Jake and Rosa continue their search for a bank-robbing operation with Lieutenant Hawkins (guest star Gina Gershon), they realize there’s more to her team than meets the eye. After discovering a dangerous secret, they call for back-up from Holt and Pimento (guest star Jason Mantzoukas). Meanwhile, Boyle objects to Gina’s new boyfriend (guest star Ryan Phillipe). Then, Jake and Rosa are framed for a crime they didn’t commit, it’s up to the Nine-Nine to find a way to bust them out.
Great News - "Carol Has a Bully" (NBC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Carol (Andrea Martin) has a midterm she must pass in order to keep her internship. Katie (Briga Heelan) needs to choose between helping her mom and focusing on her hacking story, which she can't seem to crack. Meanwhile, Greg's (Adam Campbell) wealthy estranged grandmother (guest star Christina Pickles) pays a visit to the office. Chuck (John Michael Higgins) finds her cold and cruel, but almost immediately falls in love with her.
Great News - "Carol's Eleven" (NBC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Katie (Briga Heelan) makes a huge discovery about the story she's been chasing and, with the help of Carol (Andrea Martin) and the rest of the staff, concocts a scheme to get the story out. Greg (Adam Campbell) struggles with balancing his conflicting loyalties to his family, co-workers and conscience.
Mann & Wife - "Mann, Shut Yo Mouth" (Bounce TV, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Struggling to solve a tough case, an exhausted Daniel falls asleep and wakes up in a 70's blaxploitation cop show.
Tuesday, May 23
- Terry Crews (Brooklyn Nine-Nine/Are We There Yet?/Everybody Hates Chris) - Catch Terry on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Rob Huebel (Trasparent/Burning Love) - Rob appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Al Madrigal (About a Boy/Welcome to The Captain/Gary Unmarried), Andrew Santino (I'm Dying Up Here/Sin City Saints) and Erik Griffin (I'm Dying Up Here) - Al, Andrew and Erik are guests on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ari Graynor (I'm Dying Up Here/Bad Teacher) - Ari stops by Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Nick Kroll (The League/Cavemen) - Nick visits Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Ben Falcone (Nobodies/A to Z/Joey) - Ben drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Abigail Breslin (Scream Queens) - Abigail appears on LIVE! with Kelly and Ryan, so check your listings.
- Mayim Bialik (The Big Bang Theory/Blossom) - Mayim talks about her new book Girling Up: How to Be Strong, Smart and Spectacular and The Big Bang Theory on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- William Shatner ($#*! My Dad Says) - William is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Kyle Chandler (What About Joan?) - Kyle teams up with Clinton Kelly to grill up a great entrée on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Nicole Byer ( Loosely Exactly Nicole) - Nicole is a guest on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.
- The Love Boat Cast - The cast of The Love Boat reunites on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Debra Messing (Will & Grace) - Debra chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Zoe Lister-Jones (Life in Pieces/Friends with Better Lives/Whitney) - Zoe talks about her new comedy Band Aid on the AOL Build Show 1pm.
- Jamie Foxx (The Jamie Foxx Show) - Jamie talks about Beat Shazam on AOL Build Show 4pm.