Monday, November 12, 2012
Antenna TV's Leave it to Beaver Thanksgiving Marathon; NBC Previews New Comedy 1600 Penn in December
Gee Wally! This year, the best part of Thanksgiving isn't the turkey, but the 'Beaver' when Antenna TV airs a 27-hour Leave it to Beaver marathon on Thursday, November 22, 2012. Beginning at Midnight ET (9pm PT on Wednesday), Antenna TV - which airs on 70 affiliates across the U.S. reaching 61% of TV households - will air 54 back-to-back episodes of the classic sitcom Leave it to Beaver, featuring America's most traditional family on the day we spend time with our families the most--Thanksgiving!
This quintessential sitcom defines the "golly gee" wholesomeness of 1950s and '60s TV, where dad Ward Cleaver always gets home in time for dinner, mom June cleans the house wearing a dress and pearls, and kids Wally and Theodore (aka the Beav) always learn a lesson by the end of the episode. Wally's friend, Eddie Haskell, causes trouble while kissing up to Mr. and Mrs. Cleaver.
In addition, on Thanksgiving Eve (Wednesday, November 21), Antenna TV will run Thanksgiving themed episodes of Hazel, Father Knows Best, Good Times and All in the Family beginning at 8pm ET through 10pm ET, followed by the famous WKRP in Cincinnati "Turkeys Away" episode, not once, not twice, but FOUR times in a row from 10pm-12am ET!
View an episode list for the entire Leave it to Beaver marathon, plus also a list of the Thanksgiving episodes marathon on Thanksgiving Eve! Stay tuned for information on further holiday Antenna TV marathons as we get closer to Christmas and New Year's! More classic TV is to come, including a brand new addition to the line-up this January!
NBC is giving an upcoming new mid-season comedy a sneak peek next month after the final performance show of the season for NBC's The Voice. That show concludes its third season with a live two-hour finale on Tuesday, December 18 from 9-11 p.m. ET, but the finale also will be preceded with a live, 90-minute final performance episode on Monday, December 17 from 8-9:30 p.m. ET -- which will be followed by a sneak preview of NBC's new comedy series 1600 Penn at 9:30 p.m. ET. We gave you the NBC mid-season 2013 schedule a few weeks ago and none of that is changing, just that we're getting a sneak peek premiere of 1600 Penn on Dec. 17.
1600 Penn stars Bill Pullman (Independence Day), Jenna Elfman (Dharma and Greg) and Josh Gad (Broadway's The Book of Mormon) – and concerns a typical American family who just happen to live in the White House. The series will premiere in its regular day and time a little over three weeks later on Thursday, January 10, 2013 at 9:30 p.m. ET. The sneak peek episode that airs on Dec. 17 will also re-air the night of the premiere (Jan. 10) at 8:30pm.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)
10/04 - The Andy Griffith Show - The Christmas Special (Colorized)
10/04 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #1 (Colorized)
10/11 - Dr. Ken - Season One
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Series
10/11 - Nurse Jackie - Seasons One and Two
10/11 - Weeds - Seasons One and Two
11/01 - Schitt's Creek - Seasons One and Two
11/08 - Family Matters - The Complete Ninth Season
11/08 - Your Family or Mine - Season One
11/15 - Community - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Lucy Show - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Mindy Project - Season Four
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, December 3
Henry Danger - "Dodging Danger" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Henry uses his new super power to compete in a Dodge-A-Leen tournament, Ray, Schwoz, and Charlotte go undercover to teach Henry a lesson.
Monday, December 5
- Will Smith (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air) - Watch Will on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Steve Harvey (The Steve Harvey Show) - Steve visits The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. He chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Jason Bateman (Arrested Development/The Hogan Family/It's Your Move) - Jason visits The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Gael García Bernal (Mozart in the Jungle) - Gael is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Steve Agee (The Sarah Silverman Program) - Steve appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- The Cast of Fuller House - The cast of Fuller House are guests on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Patricia Heaton (The Middle/Back to You/Everybody Loves Raymond) - Patricia stops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Miss Piggy (The Muppets) - Miss Piggy and Harry perform Deck the Halls on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Meredith Hagner (Search Party/Men at Work) - Meredith is a guest on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Lauren Graham (The Odd Couple/Conrad Bloom/Townies) - Lauren appears on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- T.J. Miller (Silicon Valley/The Goodwin Games/Carpoolers) - T.J. talks about Office Christmas Party on the AOL Build Show at 3pm. He will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET. He can also be heard on The Morning Mash Up on SiriusXM at 9:50am.
- Bradley Whitford (Happyish/Trophy Wife) - Bradley is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Josh McDermitt (Retired at 35) - Josh can be heard on The Morning Mash Up on SiriusXM at 10:45am.
- Erinn Hayes (Kevin Can Wait/Guys with Kids/Worst Week) - Erinn talks about Kevin Can Wait on the AOL Build Show at 4pm.