Monday, April 18, 2011
No changes to the schedule doesn't mean there won't be any marathon stunts! Other stunts in May 2011 besides the Lucy marathon has a 24-hour Little House on the Prairie marathon on Saturday, May 21, 2011 starting at 6am and a Memorial Day Weekend sitcom stunt! The sitcom stunt lasts three days and starts at 5am on Saturday, May 28, 2011. It's a three-hour tour for three days for Memorial Day Weekend! The laughs begin at 5am with a three-hour block of I Love Lucy, followed by three hours of Empty Nest from 8am-11am. The Golden Girls will air also for three hours starting at 11am and running to 2pm. The triple play marathon continues with three-hours of Frasier beginning at 2pm, then more The Golden Girls at 5pm, and more Frasier starting at 8pm. Cheers gets in on the three hour act starting at 11pm and then Empty Nest closes out the night from 2am-5am. This schedule repeats on Sunday, May 29, 2011 as well! On Memorial Day (Monday, May 30) itself, the marathon is interrupted by the regular Martha Stewart Home block from 10am-3pm, so that is the only change, as the rest of the day will be identical to the previous two days' blocks.
Weigel Broadcasting Co. and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. (MGM) announced that MeTV (Memorable Entertainment Television) Network, the new digital classic television network, will be cleared as primary signals on Newport Television's full power stations KFTY-TV50 serving San Francisco (DMA 6) and KVOS-TV serving Seattle (DMA 13). Both stations have full market distribution with cable and satellite carriage and are scheduled to premiere as MeTV affiliates later this spring. Currently, both KFTY and KVOS are independent stations, so they will be changing to be MeTV affiliates.
These two stations join WBME-TV49, serving the Milwaukee area, as MeTV primary station clearances. Since its 2008 launch, MeTV Milwaukee has experienced impressive triple digit growth across key time periods. MeTV Chicago was where the concept began on primary station WWME-TV23. And now it is available on many digital stations in the United States, with Chicago, Milwaukee and the upcoming San Francisco and Seattle stations being primary stations (meaning on a dot one!). The rest are on digital stations like Raleigh (WRAZ-TV50.2) and Louisville (WLKY-TV32.2).
Me-TV is now cleared in more than 45% of the country on leading station groups including: Hearst Television, Raycom Media, Cox Television, Newport Television, Media General, Capitol Broadcasting, Bahakel Communications, Gray Television, Quincy Newspapers, New Age Media, MPS Media, London Broadcasting Group, Bonten Media Group, and Titan Broadcast Management. We will announce more official clearances when available, whether it is on primary or digital stations. See an unofficial list for now.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (April/May)
04/04 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Fifth Season
04/11 - Father Knows Best - Season Five
04/11 - Schitt's Creek - The Complete Third Season
04/11 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/11 - Veep - The Complete Fifth Season
05/02 - Red, White and Blue Collar Sitcoms - Make TV Great Again
05/09 - ALF - The Complete DVD Collection
05/09 - Divorce - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
05/09 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Second Season
05/16 - The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air - The Complete Series
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Wednesday, May 24
Hollywood Darlings - "She's Not All That" (Pop, 8:00PM ET/PT)
After years of pretending to be her own assistant to avoid saying ``no'' to people, a non-confrontational Beverley finally hires former child star Lori Beth Denberg to be her assistant; Jodie asks a stranger to pretend to be a fan of Christine's.
Return of the Mac - "An Offer Joe Can't Refuse" (Pop, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Joe is forced to book his own celebrity guests, he finds out there's a daytime mafia controlling the booking of celebrities.
Bunk'd - "Girl Meets World" (Disney Channel, 10:30PM ET/PT)
Xander and Emma learn two of their campers have a crush on one another.
Nobodies - "Devil in a Red Dress" (TV Land, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Larry, Rachel and Hugh, at their most fractured, turn to another writing team for help: fellow Groundlings alums Jim Rash and Nat Faxon.
Lopez - "Cuck You George Lopez" (TV Land, 10:30PM ET/PT)
George’s friends have him worried that Lori wears the pants in their relationship. Pfeiffer complicates Olly’s work life, and Manolo gets laser eye surgery to please Wendy.
Wednesday, May 24
- Zoe Lister-Jones (Life in Pieces/Friends with Better Lives/Whitney) - Watch Zoe on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Hannibal Buress (Broad City) - Hannibal appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Ellie Kemper (Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt/The Office) - Ellie is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Ed Helms (The Office) - Ed visits The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Topher Grace (That '70s Show) - Topher stops by Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Gabourey Sidibe (The Big C) - Gabourey is a guest on a repeat of Comedy Central's The Daily Show with Trevor Noah at 11pm.
- Andree Vermeulen (Angie Tribeca) - Andree appears on a repeat of @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Steve Agee (The Sarah Silverman Program) - Steve is a guest on a repeat of @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- T. J. Miller (Silicon Valley/The Goodwin Games/Carpoolers) - T. J. appears on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Lennon Parham (Playing House/Best Friends Forever/Accidentally on Purpose) - Lennon appears on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Eric Stonesteet (Modern Family) - Eric drops by Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Sarah Hyland (Modern Family) - Sarah is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly and Ryan, so check your listings.
- Michael Keaton (Working Stiffs/All's Fair) - Michael appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Abigail Breslin (Scream Queens) - Abigail is a guest on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Jake Smollett (On Our Own) - Jake throws down spicy honey chicken on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Bryan Cranston (Malcolm in the Middle) - Bryan talks about Wakefield on CBS This Morning sometime between 7-9am.
- Morris Chestnut (Out All Night) - Morris and trainer Obi Obadike have tips to lose ten pounds in ten days on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Hank Azaria (Brockmire/The Simpsons/Free Agents) - Hank talks about his new hit, Brockmire, with Clinton Kelly on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Jamie Foxx (The Jamie Foxx Show) - Jamie talks about Beat Shazam on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.