Monday, April 18, 2011
No changes to the schedule doesn't mean there won't be any marathon stunts! Other stunts in May 2011 besides the Lucy marathon has a 24-hour Little House on the Prairie marathon on Saturday, May 21, 2011 starting at 6am and a Memorial Day Weekend sitcom stunt! The sitcom stunt lasts three days and starts at 5am on Saturday, May 28, 2011. It's a three-hour tour for three days for Memorial Day Weekend! The laughs begin at 5am with a three-hour block of I Love Lucy, followed by three hours of Empty Nest from 8am-11am. The Golden Girls will air also for three hours starting at 11am and running to 2pm. The triple play marathon continues with three-hours of Frasier beginning at 2pm, then more The Golden Girls at 5pm, and more Frasier starting at 8pm. Cheers gets in on the three hour act starting at 11pm and then Empty Nest closes out the night from 2am-5am. This schedule repeats on Sunday, May 29, 2011 as well! On Memorial Day (Monday, May 30) itself, the marathon is interrupted by the regular Martha Stewart Home block from 10am-3pm, so that is the only change, as the rest of the day will be identical to the previous two days' blocks.
Weigel Broadcasting Co. and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. (MGM) announced that MeTV (Memorable Entertainment Television) Network, the new digital classic television network, will be cleared as primary signals on Newport Television's full power stations KFTY-TV50 serving San Francisco (DMA 6) and KVOS-TV serving Seattle (DMA 13). Both stations have full market distribution with cable and satellite carriage and are scheduled to premiere as MeTV affiliates later this spring. Currently, both KFTY and KVOS are independent stations, so they will be changing to be MeTV affiliates.
These two stations join WBME-TV49, serving the Milwaukee area, as MeTV primary station clearances. Since its 2008 launch, MeTV Milwaukee has experienced impressive triple digit growth across key time periods. MeTV Chicago was where the concept began on primary station WWME-TV23. And now it is available on many digital stations in the United States, with Chicago, Milwaukee and the upcoming San Francisco and Seattle stations being primary stations (meaning on a dot one!). The rest are on digital stations like Raleigh (WRAZ-TV50.2) and Louisville (WLKY-TV32.2).
Me-TV is now cleared in more than 45% of the country on leading station groups including: Hearst Television, Raycom Media, Cox Television, Newport Television, Media General, Capitol Broadcasting, Bahakel Communications, Gray Television, Quincy Newspapers, New Age Media, MPS Media, London Broadcasting Group, Bonten Media Group, and Titan Broadcast Management. We will announce more official clearances when available, whether it is on primary or digital stations. See an unofficial list for now.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (January/February)
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One / Review
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two / Review
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, February 24
Last Man Standing - "Take Me to Church" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Mike and Vanessa become increasingly worried their daughters don’t attend church anymore, so they decide to take it upon themselves to make church more interesting for everyone involved. When Ryan has Kyle as his guest on his podcast, they don’t expect their wives to hear their conversation.
Dr. Ken - "Allison Finds a Lump" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
During a self-exam, Allison finds a suspicious lump in her breast, causing Ken and the HMO gang to rally around her for support while she anxiously waits for the doctor’s diagnosis. Meanwhile, Dave has questions for how he will portray the character he’s playing in the school play, and Pat and Damona share an unexpected moment.
Stuck in the Middle - "Stuck in a Slushy War" (Disney Channel, 8:00PM ET/PT)
A slushy war breaks out when Harley's Slushy Shack faces new competition.
Friday, February 24
- Nathan Lane (Modern Family/Charlie Lawrence/Encore! Encore!) - Watch Nathan on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Allison Williams (Girls) - Allison visits The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Zosia Mamet (Girls) - Zosia is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Woody Harrelson (Cheers) - Woody appears on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Johnny Galecki (The Big Bang Theory/Roseanne) - Johnny is a guest on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Malin Akerman (Trophy Wife/Sin City Saints) - Malin stops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Hayley Orrantia (The Goldbergs) - Hayley gives a musical performance on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Bradley Whitford (Trophy Wife) - Bradley joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Craig Robinson (The Office/Mr. Robinson) - Craig is a guest on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Kenan Thompson (Kenan & Kel) - Kenan appears on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.