Tuesday, August 10, 2010
Moving on to the actual daily schedule, there will be time shifting but nothing will be the leaving the line-up totally except for Cedric the Entertainer Presents, Eve and the short-lived comedy Where I Live. There will be a few series returning as well (The Hughleys, Half & Half, Lincoln Heights, and Between Brothers). The new fall schedule starts Monday, Sept. 20, with the morning line-up hours of Divorce Court, The Jeffersons and Amen remaining intact from 6am-9am. In the 9am hour, The Hughleys returns to the schedule replacing an hour of Good Times. Various originals encores remains from 10am-2pm. The afternoon sitcom block starts at 2pm, with an hour of The Jeffersons taking over for The PJ's. At 3pm, Sanford & Son will get a new timeslot replacing Where I Live. At 3:30pm, short-lived Between Brothers returns, replacing Cedric the Entertainer Presents. The 4pm hour will still have Divorce Court, but as we mentioned Judge Karen's Court will be coming in October, so we don't know yet what time that will air. In the 5pm hour, Half & Half returns replacing an hour of Sanford & Son. In the 6pm hour, an hour of the short-lived Good News replaces an hour of Good Times. Could this be temporary until Judge Karen's Court comes? Good News had been airing Sundays at 7:30am. Anyway at 7pm (and an encore at 2am), Lincoln Heights returns and will replace an episode each of Living Single & Eve. In primetime, Martin remains at 8pm & 11pm, but the 8:30 & 11:30pm airings will now be Good Times. At 9pm & 12am, A Different World moves into the half-hour replacing Tracy Morgan Show, with Living Single at 9:30pm & 12:30am replacing All of Us. At 10pm & 1am, All of Us moves into to its new time replacing A Different World, with Tracy Morgan Show moving to 10:30pm & 1:30am replacing A Different World.
Moving on to weekends, the Saturday morning sitcom block from 6am-12pm will have some time shifting and Martin & The PJ's added to the block and Sanford & Son and The Jeffersons off the block. Like Family remains in the 6am hour, with All Of Us now in the 7am hour instead of The Jeffersons. In the 8am hour, we now have The PJs instead All of Us. In the 9am hour, Martin joins the Saturday block replacing Good Times, as Good Times moves into the 10am hour replacing That's My Mama, which shifts to the 11am hour replacing Sanford & Son. The rest of the day of course will be movies, marathons or originals. The same goes true for Sundays.
Marathons wise, we have a season two marathon of Lincoln Heights on Labor Day (Monday, Sept. 6) from 10am-8pm. On Sunday, Sept. 12, there will be a 24-hour marathon of original biography series Unsung starting at 12 noon lasting to noon on Monday, as the season premiere is Monday, Sept. 13 at 10. On Saturday, Sept. 25 from 1pm-8pm, it is the best of Aunt Esther on Sanford & Son with Esther themed episodes. The marathon repeats from 11pm-6am. And on Sunday, Sept. 26 from 4pm-8pm it is a marathon of the short-lived comedy South Central with the first eight episodes airing an select episodes encoring from 3am-5:30am.
Luken Communications has announced that it will launch the latest competitor in the market for kids and baby boomers. The new network's name, which is being kept top secret for now, will feature a mix of animated and live action shows from the Classic Media Library and other Libraries including: Richie Rich, Casper, The Lone Ranger, Mr. Magoo, Secrets of Isis, Zorro, Shazam!, and Lassie. According to Neal Ardman, "This may be the single most exciting network launch I have ever been lucky enough to be a part of. This network will appeal to not only kids but their parents as well. We are thrilled to be able to mix the animated and live action shows together and some great shorts like Dick Tracy and Fraidy Cat.
Although Luken isn't saying when just yet, the network has already begun signing deals to join line-ups later this year. Of course Luken Communications operates RTV (Retro Television Network), TUFF TV and maintains a full uplink facility to serve other client networks in Chattanooga, Tennessee. We will have more on this "new network" and hopefully RTV as well. So stay with us!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (April/May)
04/04 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Fifth Season
04/11 - Father Knows Best - Season Five
04/11 - Schitt's Creek - The Complete Third Season
04/11 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/11 - Veep - The Complete Fifth Season
05/02 - Red, White and Blue Collar Sitcoms - Make TV Great Again
05/09 - ALF - The Complete DVD Collection
05/09 - Divorce - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
05/09 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Second Season
05/16 - The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air - The Complete Series
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, May 22
Angie Tribeca - "License to Drill" (TBS, 10:30PM ET/PT)
Geils lands in trouble when he helps a woman investigate whether her husband is having an affair.
Young & Hungry - "Young & Amnesia" (Freeform, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Gabi attempts to cure Josh's amnesia by re-creating the first time they met.
Baby Daddy - "Daddy's Girl" (Freeform, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Riley is confined to the couch; Ben struggles to answer Emma's questions about her mother.
Monday, May 22
- Chelsea Handler (Are You There, Chelsea?) - Watch Chelsea on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. She chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Kyle Chandler (What About Joan?) - Kyle appears on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He also talks about Bloodline on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Michaela Watkins (Casual/Trophy Wife) - Michaela is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Seaton Smith (Mulaney) - Seaton stops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Nicole Richie (Great News) - Nicole visits Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Nico Tortorella (Younger) - Nico appears on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Kym Whitley (Young & Hungry/Animal Practice/The Parkers) - Kym guest co-hosts The Real, so check your local listings.
- Tichina Arnold (Survivor's Remorse/Happily Divorced/Everybody Hates Chris/Martin) - Tichina appears on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Brenda Strong (The Help/Scorch) - Brenda talks about Supergirl on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Tituss Burgess (Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt) - Tituss joins Clinton Kelly to whip up a delicious delight on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Patti LaBelle (Out All Night) - Patti performs a jazz song from her new album on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.
- Loretta Devine and Lil Rel Howery (The Carmichael Show) - Loretta and Lil are guests on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 11:30am ET.
- Zoe Lister-Jones (Life in Pieces/Friends with Better Lives/Whitney) - Zoe talks about her new comedy Band Aid on the AOL Build Show 1pm.
- Ellie Reed (Girlboss) - Ellie talks about Girlboss on the AOL Build Show at 5pm.