Tuesday, August 10, 2010
Moving on to the actual daily schedule, there will be time shifting but nothing will be the leaving the line-up totally except for Cedric the Entertainer Presents, Eve and the short-lived comedy Where I Live. There will be a few series returning as well (The Hughleys, Half & Half, Lincoln Heights, and Between Brothers). The new fall schedule starts Monday, Sept. 20, with the morning line-up hours of Divorce Court, The Jeffersons and Amen remaining intact from 6am-9am. In the 9am hour, The Hughleys returns to the schedule replacing an hour of Good Times. Various originals encores remains from 10am-2pm. The afternoon sitcom block starts at 2pm, with an hour of The Jeffersons taking over for The PJ's. At 3pm, Sanford & Son will get a new timeslot replacing Where I Live. At 3:30pm, short-lived Between Brothers returns, replacing Cedric the Entertainer Presents. The 4pm hour will still have Divorce Court, but as we mentioned Judge Karen's Court will be coming in October, so we don't know yet what time that will air. In the 5pm hour, Half & Half returns replacing an hour of Sanford & Son. In the 6pm hour, an hour of the short-lived Good News replaces an hour of Good Times. Could this be temporary until Judge Karen's Court comes? Good News had been airing Sundays at 7:30am. Anyway at 7pm (and an encore at 2am), Lincoln Heights returns and will replace an episode each of Living Single & Eve. In primetime, Martin remains at 8pm & 11pm, but the 8:30 & 11:30pm airings will now be Good Times. At 9pm & 12am, A Different World moves into the half-hour replacing Tracy Morgan Show, with Living Single at 9:30pm & 12:30am replacing All of Us. At 10pm & 1am, All of Us moves into to its new time replacing A Different World, with Tracy Morgan Show moving to 10:30pm & 1:30am replacing A Different World.
Moving on to weekends, the Saturday morning sitcom block from 6am-12pm will have some time shifting and Martin & The PJ's added to the block and Sanford & Son and The Jeffersons off the block. Like Family remains in the 6am hour, with All Of Us now in the 7am hour instead of The Jeffersons. In the 8am hour, we now have The PJs instead All of Us. In the 9am hour, Martin joins the Saturday block replacing Good Times, as Good Times moves into the 10am hour replacing That's My Mama, which shifts to the 11am hour replacing Sanford & Son. The rest of the day of course will be movies, marathons or originals. The same goes true for Sundays.
Marathons wise, we have a season two marathon of Lincoln Heights on Labor Day (Monday, Sept. 6) from 10am-8pm. On Sunday, Sept. 12, there will be a 24-hour marathon of original biography series Unsung starting at 12 noon lasting to noon on Monday, as the season premiere is Monday, Sept. 13 at 10. On Saturday, Sept. 25 from 1pm-8pm, it is the best of Aunt Esther on Sanford & Son with Esther themed episodes. The marathon repeats from 11pm-6am. And on Sunday, Sept. 26 from 4pm-8pm it is a marathon of the short-lived comedy South Central with the first eight episodes airing an select episodes encoring from 3am-5:30am.
Luken Communications has announced that it will launch the latest competitor in the market for kids and baby boomers. The new network's name, which is being kept top secret for now, will feature a mix of animated and live action shows from the Classic Media Library and other Libraries including: Richie Rich, Casper, The Lone Ranger, Mr. Magoo, Secrets of Isis, Zorro, Shazam!, and Lassie. According to Neal Ardman, "This may be the single most exciting network launch I have ever been lucky enough to be a part of. This network will appeal to not only kids but their parents as well. We are thrilled to be able to mix the animated and live action shows together and some great shorts like Dick Tracy and Fraidy Cat.
Although Luken isn't saying when just yet, the network has already begun signing deals to join line-ups later this year. Of course Luken Communications operates RTV (Retro Television Network), TUFF TV and maintains a full uplink facility to serve other client networks in Chattanooga, Tennessee. We will have more on this "new network" and hopefully RTV as well. So stay with us!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (March/April)
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
04/04 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Fifth Season
04/11 - Father Knows Best - Season Five
04/11 - Schitt's Creek - The Complete Third Season
04/11 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/11 - Veep - The Complete Fifth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, April 24
The Big Bang Theory - "The Property Division Collision" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Sheldon and Leonard try to divvy up their shared belongings, but can’t agree on anything. Also, Koothrappali and Stuart fight to be the most helpful during Bernadette’s final weeks of pregnancy. Christopher Lloyd guest stars as Theodore.
Superior Donuts - "Pilot" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Emmy Award winner Judd Hirsch and comedian Jermaine Fowler star in a new comedy about the relationship between Arthur, the gruff owner of a small donut shop, his enterprising new young employee, Franco, and their loyal patrons in a quickly gentrifying Chicago neighborhood.
Kevin Can Wait - "Kevin vs. the Dutch Elm" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
As Kevin tries to charm his neighbor into giving him permission to cut down one of her trees, he becomes intimidated by her imposing son, Rutger (retired MMA Fighter and UFC Heavyweight Champion Bas Rutten), and invites them over for a non-existent party.
2 Broke Girls - "And the '80s Movie" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
As Max and Caroline, now part owners of the diner, put the finishing touches on their newly converted Dessert Bar, Max deals with the aftermath of her recent breakup with Randy, and Sophie and Oleg prepare for the birth of their baby.
American Dad - "A Nice Night for a Drive" (TBS, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Klaus gets transferred into the navigation system of Stan's car when Stan refuses to pay for life-saving surgery; Steve and his friends prank Roger, who then terrorizes them for revenge.
Angie Tribeca - "Brockman Turner Overdrive" (TBS, 10:30PM ET/PT)
When a beloved badminton star is the suspect of a hit-and-run, everyone turns a blind eye except Tribeca and Geils.
Young & Hungry - "Young & Couchy" (Freeform, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Gabi creates a problem when she sells the ugly, used couch Sofia received from her boss.
Baby Daddy - "The Sonny-moon" (Freeform, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Ben becomes jealous when Bonnie sends Danny on a cruise to celebrate his impending fatherhood.
Monday, April 24
- Lena Dunham (Girls) - Watch Lena on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Eric Stonestreet (Modern Family) - Eric appears on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Kathryn Hahn (Happyish/Transparent/Free Agents) - Kathryn drops by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. She also talks about the new series I Love Dick on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Allison Janney (Mom/Mr. Sunshine) - Allison appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. She also chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Jim Gaffigan (The Jim Gaffigan Show/My Boys/Welcome to New York) - Jim visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Andrea Martin (Great News/Difficult People/Working the Engels) - Andrea stops by Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Briga Heelan (Great News/Ground Floor) - Briga is a guest on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Matt Walsh (Veep), Mary Holland (Blunt Talk) and Timothy Simons (Veep) - Matt, Mary and Timothy are guests on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Kumail Nanjiani (Silicon Valley) - Kumail drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- John Leguizamo (The Brothers Garcia) - John guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Cobie Smulders (How I Met Your Mother) - Cobie talks about making her Broadway debut in Present Laughter on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Katie Gill (Baby Daddy) - Katie is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends/The Comeback) - Lisa joins Clinton Kelly in the kitchen to make a delicious dessert with an ingredient she’s never had before—Rhubarb on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Alfonso Ribeiro (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air/In the House/Silver Spoons) - Alfonso will be on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Kate Walsh (Bad Judge/The Drew Carey Show) - Kate talks about 13 Reasons Why on the AOL Build Show at 11am.
- Ron Howard (Happy Days/The Andy Griffith Show) - Ron is a guest on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.