Tuesday, August 10, 2010
Moving on to the actual daily schedule, there will be time shifting but nothing will be the leaving the line-up totally except for Cedric the Entertainer Presents, Eve and the short-lived comedy Where I Live. There will be a few series returning as well (The Hughleys, Half & Half, Lincoln Heights, and Between Brothers). The new fall schedule starts Monday, Sept. 20, with the morning line-up hours of Divorce Court, The Jeffersons and Amen remaining intact from 6am-9am. In the 9am hour, The Hughleys returns to the schedule replacing an hour of Good Times. Various originals encores remains from 10am-2pm. The afternoon sitcom block starts at 2pm, with an hour of The Jeffersons taking over for The PJ's. At 3pm, Sanford & Son will get a new timeslot replacing Where I Live. At 3:30pm, short-lived Between Brothers returns, replacing Cedric the Entertainer Presents. The 4pm hour will still have Divorce Court, but as we mentioned Judge Karen's Court will be coming in October, so we don't know yet what time that will air. In the 5pm hour, Half & Half returns replacing an hour of Sanford & Son. In the 6pm hour, an hour of the short-lived Good News replaces an hour of Good Times. Could this be temporary until Judge Karen's Court comes? Good News had been airing Sundays at 7:30am. Anyway at 7pm (and an encore at 2am), Lincoln Heights returns and will replace an episode each of Living Single & Eve. In primetime, Martin remains at 8pm & 11pm, but the 8:30 & 11:30pm airings will now be Good Times. At 9pm & 12am, A Different World moves into the half-hour replacing Tracy Morgan Show, with Living Single at 9:30pm & 12:30am replacing All of Us. At 10pm & 1am, All of Us moves into to its new time replacing A Different World, with Tracy Morgan Show moving to 10:30pm & 1:30am replacing A Different World.
Moving on to weekends, the Saturday morning sitcom block from 6am-12pm will have some time shifting and Martin & The PJ's added to the block and Sanford & Son and The Jeffersons off the block. Like Family remains in the 6am hour, with All Of Us now in the 7am hour instead of The Jeffersons. In the 8am hour, we now have The PJs instead All of Us. In the 9am hour, Martin joins the Saturday block replacing Good Times, as Good Times moves into the 10am hour replacing That's My Mama, which shifts to the 11am hour replacing Sanford & Son. The rest of the day of course will be movies, marathons or originals. The same goes true for Sundays.
Marathons wise, we have a season two marathon of Lincoln Heights on Labor Day (Monday, Sept. 6) from 10am-8pm. On Sunday, Sept. 12, there will be a 24-hour marathon of original biography series Unsung starting at 12 noon lasting to noon on Monday, as the season premiere is Monday, Sept. 13 at 10. On Saturday, Sept. 25 from 1pm-8pm, it is the best of Aunt Esther on Sanford & Son with Esther themed episodes. The marathon repeats from 11pm-6am. And on Sunday, Sept. 26 from 4pm-8pm it is a marathon of the short-lived comedy South Central with the first eight episodes airing an select episodes encoring from 3am-5:30am.
Luken Communications has announced that it will launch the latest competitor in the market for kids and baby boomers. The new network's name, which is being kept top secret for now, will feature a mix of animated and live action shows from the Classic Media Library and other Libraries including: Richie Rich, Casper, The Lone Ranger, Mr. Magoo, Secrets of Isis, Zorro, Shazam!, and Lassie. According to Neal Ardman, "This may be the single most exciting network launch I have ever been lucky enough to be a part of. This network will appeal to not only kids but their parents as well. We are thrilled to be able to mix the animated and live action shows together and some great shorts like Dick Tracy and Fraidy Cat.
Although Luken isn't saying when just yet, the network has already begun signing deals to join line-ups later this year. Of course Luken Communications operates RTV (Retro Television Network), TUFF TV and maintains a full uplink facility to serve other client networks in Chattanooga, Tennessee. We will have more on this "new network" and hopefully RTV as well. So stay with us!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (January/February)
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One / Review
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two / Review
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, February 27
The Big Bang Theory - "The Dependence Transcedence" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Tensions rise when the boys struggle to complete their government project on time and Sheldon tries an energy drink to stay awake. Also, Penny and Amy go to a “party” at Bert (Brian Posehn) the geologist’s house, and Kooothrappali learns Bernadette’s true feelings about her pregnancy when they clean out the future baby room. Dean Norris returns as Air Force Representative Colonel Williams.
Man with a Plan - "Assisted Living" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Adam's parents visit unannounced, they reveal surprising plans for their future living arrangements. Emmy Award winner Swoosie Kurtz and Stacy Keach guest star as Bev and Joe, Adam and Don’s parents.
Superior Donuts - "Takin' It to the Streets" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Franco and Sweatpants discover their new landlord, Fawz, wants to convert their apartment building into luxury condos, they decide to organize a protest. Also, Randy realizes she needs to be nicer to James in order to get a good recommendation for her sergeant’s exam.
2 Broke Girls - "And the Dad Day Afternoon" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
When Han’s new therapist suggests that Max needs to confront her “daddy issues” and fear of intimacy, she reluctantly heads to Rhode Island to track down her birth father with the diner gang in tow. Also, Oleg is up in arms when Sophie wants him to help out around the house.
Monday, February 27
- Keri Russell (Running Wilde) - Watch Keri on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Connie Britton (Spin City/The Fighting Fitzgeralds/Lost at Home) - Connie appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Slink Johnson (Black Jesus) - Slick is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Adam Scott (Parks and Recreation) - Adam drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Josh Henderson (One on One) - Josh appears on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo. He also talks about The Arrangement on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- David Hyde Pierce (Frasier) - David chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Leighton Meester (Making History) - Leighton stops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Holly Robinson Peete (Hangin' with Mr. Cooper/For Your Love) - Holly visits Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- John Lithgow (Trial & Error/Twenty Good Years/3rd Rock from the Sun) - John talks about Trial & Error on NBC's Today in the 9am hour and on the AOL Build Show at 1:30pm.
- Billy Gardell (Mike & Molly) - Billy dishes on how This is Us is following in Mike & Molly’s footsteps – and why both shows are so beloved on People Now at 8:30am.
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends/The Comeback) and Craig Robinson (The Office) - Lisa and Craig talk about their new film Table 19 on the AOL Build Show at 2:30pm.
- Sinbad (A Different World/The Sinbad Show) - Sinbad is a guest on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.
- Bradley Whitford (Trophy Wife) - Bradley visits The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Craig Robinson (The Office/Mr. Robinson) - Craig appears on The Real, so check your local listings.