Tuesday, August 17, 2010
Spike TV Fall 2010 Schedule - Hawaii Five-0 Marathon; TBS Orders 90 More Episodes of Are We There Yet?
Let's hope it does well on Spike TV so they can air it on their daily schedule, as it has been years since Hawaii Five-0 aired nationally on cable. Maybe sister network TV Land could run it daily? If Five-0 goes anything beyond this week, we'll certainly let you know, so stay tuned!
As for the regular Spike TV fall schedule starting Sept. 7, it is pretty much the same as it is now with an hour of Married...with Children kicking it off in the 9am hour, followed by three airings of Walker Texas Ranger from 10am-1pm. Then CSI: NY airs at 1pm leading into a block of CSI from 2pm-7pm. Other notable programming includes Entourage on Fridays from 9pm-12am, CSI Mon-Wed at 1am, Star Trek: Voyager Mon-Wed at 2am, The Shield on Thursdays at 2am, and Unsolved Mysteries returns to the schedule airing Mon-Wed at 3am. So, yes, it will be on both Lifetime and Spike TV.
Weekends will have a mix of marathons or movies, with Married...with Children remaining Sundays 9am-11am. Spike TV will make more changes in October, as Entourage will be eligible to air five days a week! The comedy will air weekdays in the 6pm hour starting Oct. 4, replacing an hour of CSI. They will also air it during the 12am hour on Monday nights and expand the Friday airings to 6pm-12am (instead of 9pm-12am). Some minor changes to late night will also happen with Star Trek: Voyager moving up to 1am and Spike's Most Amazing Videos airs at 2am.
Book 'em Danno! View the FULL Spike TV Fall 2010 schedule and highlights and stay tuned tomorrow as we give an update to the WGN America fall schedule because they have acquired another new sitcom to air in the fall!
TBS has ordered an additional 90 episodes of the hit sitcom Are We There Yet? following this summer's highly successful 10-episode run. The series, which stars Terry Crews (Everybody Hates Chris) and Essence Atkins (Half & Half), is produced by Revolution Studios and Cube Vision and distributed by Debmar-Mercury. Revolution's Joe Roth and Vince Totino and Cube Vision's Ice Cube and Matt Alvarez serve as executive producers, along with award-winning show-runner Ali LeRoi. In addition to executive producing, Ice Cube plays a recurring guest starring role.
In Are We There Yet?, Crews and Atkins play Nick and Suzanne, a newly married couple whose blended family faces the challenges of everyday life. Teala Dunn and Coy Stewart co-star as Lindsey and Kevin, Nick and Suzanne's 14 and 10-year-old children. Keesha Sharp is Suzanne's best friend, who has a taste for men and the finer things in life. Comedian Christian Finnegan plays Nick's best friend and owner of a sports memorabilia store. Ice Cube plays a recurring guest starring role as Suzanne's brother.
Are We There Yet? premiered Wednesday, June 2 as part of TBS's enormously popular Wednesday lineup of original sitcoms that has House of Payne and Meet the Browns. The series went on to rank among ad-supported cable's Top 10 new series for the quarter, averaging 2.8 million viewers and 1.5 million adults 18-49. Are We There Yet? also scored as the #1 show on all of television in delivery of African-American adults 18-34 and 18-49 for the second quarter.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (December/January)
12/06 - Family Guy - Season Fourteen
12/13 - American Dad! - Volume 11
12/13 - Newhart - The Complete Seventh Season
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, January 21
The Thundermans - "Better Off Wed" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
The kids learn that Dr. Colosso ruined their parents' wedding years earlier, and want to recreate Hank & Barb's dream day as their anniversary gift. However, Dr. Colosso remains a threat, and they must keep their plans a secret.
Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn - "Keeping Up with the Quadashians" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
After binge watching their favorite reality TV show, the Quads decide their lives are every bit as "reality TV" worthy, and decide to make a show of their own. Guest Stars: Maddie Ziegler, Mackenzie Ziegler
School of Rock - "Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood" (Nickelodeon, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Tomika and Zack work on a love song together, leading to a moment that will change their friendship forever. Summer and Lawrence hang out together for the first time, and Freddy helps Mr. Finn with a problem.
Saturday, January 21
- Phylicia Rashad (The Cosby Show/Cosby) - Phylicia will be featured on Oprah: Where Are They Now? at 10pm ET/PT on OWN.
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal) - Catch NeNe on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Allison Janney (Mom/Mr. Sunshine) - Watch Allison on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- William Shatner ($h*! My Dad Says) and Henry Winkler (Happy Days/Arrested Development/Out of Practice) - William and Henry are guests on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Kevin Nealon (Man with a Plan/Weeds/Hiller and Diller/Champs) - Kevin appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Jade Catta-Preta (Manhattan Love Story) - Jade is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Wendi McClendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Wendi stops by Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Cristela Alonzo (Cristela) - Cristela chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Tika Sumpter (The Game) - Tika appears on The Real, so check your local listings.
- Justina Machado (One Day at a Time) - Justina will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry and Rebecca Romjin talk about Love Locks on NBC's Today in the 9am hour. Jerry will also be on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT and on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Retta (Parks and Recreation) - Retta talks about Girlfriend's Guide to Divorce on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.