Wednesday, August 11, 2010
ReelzChannel has also acquired the comedic legal series Ally McBeal! The Calista Flockhart series started on Reelz on August 2 and is airing five days a week on weekdays at 3pm and 4pm ET. Like with NewsRadio, there are two different cycles, one cycle at 3pm and another at 4pm. Ally McBeal has not been seen on cable since it left FX. It aired on FX from about 2001-2004, but it never garnered good ratings for them.
Reelz also airs Carson's Comedy Classics weekdays at 10am & 10:30am. That's highlights from the first 20 years of The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson. The rest of the ReelzChannel schedule has original series and movies air every night at 8pm & 11pm (and on weekends at 2pm & 5pm).
ReelzChannel TV is carried via satellite on DIRECTV (Channel 238) and DISH Network (Channel 299). Local cable channel information is available on the website's home page through a zip code look-up.
This is ReelzChannel's new fall schedule with the addition of Ally McBeal and NewsRadio. They will be adding 3rd Rock from the Sun in October. 3rd Rock from the Sun was last seen on TV Land. Timeslots for the series has not been revealed yet. We'll let you know as soon as we know! And come on back here tomorrow for an all-new fall 2010 schedule!
CMT has ordered 12 episodes of its first scripted comedy, Working Class, a half-hour, family-oriented sitcom starring Melissa Peterman. Set to premiere on CMT in January 2011, Working Class follows the life of a single blue collar mom, who has recently moved her family to a rich suburban neighborhood to try and provide a better life for her kids, while proudly retaining her 'working class' roots.
Peterman has been a staple of CMT recently, hosting CMT's #1-rated series of 2009, The Singing Bee, and she recently starred in her first televised special Melissa Peterman: Am I The Only One for CMT. She has also starred in sitcoms such as Reba as well guest appearances on Surviving Suburbia, Rita Rocks, Just Shoot Me! and Living with Abandon. She has hosted CMT's Comedy Stage, as well as the annual Hollywood Bowl's The Sound of Music Sing-A-Long. Peterman was recently signed to Big Machine Records to release her first comedy album and is currently on tour with Reba, George Strait and Lee Ann Womack.
Working Class is written and executive produced by Jill Cargerman (Spin City/Gary Unmarried) and will be produced internally. Brad Johnson and Bob Kusbit will oversee the series for CMT.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (January/February)
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One / Review
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two / Review
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, February 25
The Thundermans - "Ditch Perfect" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Phoebe learns Max’s band plans to dump him, she suspects that his superhero training is hurting his friendships. Determined to help, she attempts to repair things with the band, but her good deeds quickly backfire.
Game Shakers - "Wedding Shower of Doom" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Dub’s brother shows up at Game Shakers and invites everyone except Dub to his wedding, the kids convince him to bring his brother into the fold, promising to make Dub behave himself at the event.
Monday, February 27
- Keri Russell (Running Wilde) - Watch Keri on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Connie Britton (Spin City/The Fighting Fitzgeralds/Lost at Home) - Connie appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Slink Johnson (Black Jesus) - Slick is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Adam Scott (Parks and Recreation) - Adam drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Josh Henderson (One on One) - Josh appears on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo. He also talks about The Arrangement on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- David Hyde Pierce (Frasier) - David chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Leighton Meester (Making History) - Leighton stops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Holly Robinson Peete (Hangin' with Mr. Cooper/For Your Love) - Holly visits Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- John Lithgow (Trial & Error/Twenty Good Years/3rd Rock from the Sun) - John talks about Trial & Error on NBC's Today in the 9am hour and on the AOL Build Show at 1:30pm.
- Billy Gardell (Mike & Molly) - Billy dishes on how This is Us is following in Mike & Molly’s footsteps – and why both shows are so beloved on People Now at 8:30am.
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends/The Comeback) and Craig Robinson (The Office) - Lisa and Craig talk about their new film Table 19 on the AOL Build Show at 2:30pm.
- Sinbad (A Different World/The Sinbad Show) - Sinbad is a guest on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.
- Bradley Whitford (Trophy Wife) - Bradley visits The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Craig Robinson (The Office/Mr. Robinson) - Craig appears on The Real, so check your local listings.