Thursday, August 05, 2010
The weekday morning schedule will remain intact from 7am-12pm, which has Boy Meets World, Sabrina, What I Like About You and Gilmore Girls. However, afternoons will see a makeover. Weekdays in the 12 noon hour will have a new sitcom acquisition! ABCF has acquired the sitcom Still Standing and will air it in the weekdays at 12pm hour replacing Full House. Yes, Still Standing has not been on cable for a year after its contract expired on Lifetime before the start of fall 2009. My Wife & Kids remains in the 1pm hour, but Full House is now airing in the 2pm hour replacing the second hour of Sabrina, the Teenage Witch, which remains in the 8am hour. From 3-5pm will now be four airings of That '70s Show, as it moves from 6-8pm. The new 3-5pm slot will replace the second hour of Full House and also Grounded for Life, which is now off the schedule once again. No idea if and when it returns (if it didn't expire). At 5pm, Gilmore Girls remains leading into the newly acquired Friday Night Lights at 6pm, as mentioned earlier. AFV will air in the 7pm hour on Tues-Fri, with movies on Monday.
Primetime will remain the same, with movies replacing the Monday night schedule after Secret Life ends its summer season. Original sitcom Melissa & Joey will continue to air on Tuesday nights at 8pm through Oct. 12. The sitcom premieres Aug. 17 after the summer finale of Pretty Little Liars on Aug. 10. Pretty Little Liars will likely also return in January for the second half of its season. The same is likely for Make It Or Break It's second half. ABCF has not yet renewed Huge, but Greek will be back for a fourth season sometime this fall, but it has not been scheduled yet.
View the FULL ABC Family Fall 2010 schedule and highlights. And stay with us for more fall 2010 schedules for the rest of the summer!
Earlier this week, GMC removed Cosby (1996-2000 series) from its line-up. Cosby was airing weekdays in the 11pm hour and was replaced by another hour of Amen. Hopefully the Cos returns soon, as Amen already airs in the 1am hour. Other changes that happened were Sister, Sister returning to weekdays, airing from 8am-10am. This is in addition to its Saturday stack airings (8am-3pm). Dramas still fill the rest of the weekday line-up with Highway to Heaven at 10am, Early Edition at 11am, more Highway to Heaven at 1pm, Doc at 2pm, Sue Thomas F.B.eye at 3pm, Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman from 4pm-8pm, and primetime has Sue Thomas, Early Edition and Doc from 8-11pm.
Will there be changes come the fall? Stay with us on our fall schedule barrage and you might find out!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (December/January)
12/06 - Family Guy - Season Fourteen
12/13 - American Dad! - Volume 11
12/13 - Newhart - The Complete Seventh Season
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, January 19
The Big Bang Theory - "The Romance Calibration" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Penny feels that Leonard is taking her for granted, she decides to go on a spa weekend with Amy. Also, Wolowitz and Koothrappali try to fix a squeaky floorboard in the baby’s room.
The Great Indoors - "Mason Blows Up" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Jack tries to reassert his dominance as a reporter after Mason scores an investigative coup that turns him into an overnight celebrity. Also, Clark’s low self-esteem causes him to give Emma relationship advice about other guys instead of asking her out himself
Mom - "Good Karma and the Big Weird" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Bonnie encourages Christy to pursue Marjorie’s charming nephew, Nick, despite the fact that he’s been declared off limits. Chris Pratt, husband of MOM star Anna Faris, guest stars as Nick, Marjorie’s nephew.
Life in Pieces - "Tailgate Spiral Souvenir Seating" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When Colleen and Matt host the family tailgate party at the L.A. Rams game, they invite former NFL quarterback Kurt Warner to spice up their so far dismal event. Also, Tim’s in danger of missing the game when Sophia makes him take her to the restroom and they get sidetracked returning to their seats; Joan and Jen try to sneak into seats closer to the field; and Greg wins a chance to participate in a halftime contest involving a football toss.
Baskets - "Freaks" (FX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Chip has to decide between a tarp and snacks.
Friday, January 20
- Anthony Anderson (black-ish/Guys with Kids/All About the Andersons) - Catch Anthony on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- JoAnna Garcia Swisher (Reba/Better with You) - JoAnna visits The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- John Lithgow (3rd Rock from the Sun/Twenty Good Years) - John is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jim Gaffigan (The Jim Gaffigan Show/My Boys/Welcome to New York) - Jim stops by The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Cristela Alonzo (Cristela) - Cristela drops by The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Ken Jeong (Dr. Ken/Community) - Ken is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He also appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Nicole Byer (Loosely, Exactly Nicole) - Nicole appears on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Joe Jonas (Jonas L.A.) - Joe guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Bernadette Peters (Mozart in the Jungle/All's Fair) - Bernadette is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Queen Latifah (Living Single) - Queen Latifah is a guest on a repeat of Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Andrew Dice Clay (Bless This House/Hitz) - Andrew stops by Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Johnny Galecki (The Big Bang Theory/Roseanne - Johnny discusses his role in the new film, Rings, and dishes on this season of The Big Bang Theory on the AOL Build Show at 1pm.