Thursday, August 05, 2010
The weekday morning schedule will remain intact from 7am-12pm, which has Boy Meets World, Sabrina, What I Like About You and Gilmore Girls. However, afternoons will see a makeover. Weekdays in the 12 noon hour will have a new sitcom acquisition! ABCF has acquired the sitcom Still Standing and will air it in the weekdays at 12pm hour replacing Full House. Yes, Still Standing has not been on cable for a year after its contract expired on Lifetime before the start of fall 2009. My Wife & Kids remains in the 1pm hour, but Full House is now airing in the 2pm hour replacing the second hour of Sabrina, the Teenage Witch, which remains in the 8am hour. From 3-5pm will now be four airings of That '70s Show, as it moves from 6-8pm. The new 3-5pm slot will replace the second hour of Full House and also Grounded for Life, which is now off the schedule once again. No idea if and when it returns (if it didn't expire). At 5pm, Gilmore Girls remains leading into the newly acquired Friday Night Lights at 6pm, as mentioned earlier. AFV will air in the 7pm hour on Tues-Fri, with movies on Monday.
Primetime will remain the same, with movies replacing the Monday night schedule after Secret Life ends its summer season. Original sitcom Melissa & Joey will continue to air on Tuesday nights at 8pm through Oct. 12. The sitcom premieres Aug. 17 after the summer finale of Pretty Little Liars on Aug. 10. Pretty Little Liars will likely also return in January for the second half of its season. The same is likely for Make It Or Break It's second half. ABCF has not yet renewed Huge, but Greek will be back for a fourth season sometime this fall, but it has not been scheduled yet.
View the FULL ABC Family Fall 2010 schedule and highlights. And stay with us for more fall 2010 schedules for the rest of the summer!
Earlier this week, GMC removed Cosby (1996-2000 series) from its line-up. Cosby was airing weekdays in the 11pm hour and was replaced by another hour of Amen. Hopefully the Cos returns soon, as Amen already airs in the 1am hour. Other changes that happened were Sister, Sister returning to weekdays, airing from 8am-10am. This is in addition to its Saturday stack airings (8am-3pm). Dramas still fill the rest of the weekday line-up with Highway to Heaven at 10am, Early Edition at 11am, more Highway to Heaven at 1pm, Doc at 2pm, Sue Thomas F.B.eye at 3pm, Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman from 4pm-8pm, and primetime has Sue Thomas, Early Edition and Doc from 8-11pm.
Will there be changes come the fall? Stay with us on our fall schedule barrage and you might find out!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (March/April)
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
04/04 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Fifth Season
04/11 - Father Knows Best - Season Five
04/11 - Schitt's Creek - The Complete Third Season
04/11 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/11 - Veep - The Complete Fifth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, April 28
Stuck in the Middle - "Stuck with a Boy Genius" (Disney Channel, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Harley, Rachel, Georgie and Ethan attend their school spring formal dance, while Lewie and Beast camp out at home in the backyard.
Andi Mack - "It's Not About You" (Disney Channel, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Andi's frustration boils over when she discovers that Buffy has secretly been confiding in Bex instead of her; Cyrus double-dates with Jonah Beck, Amber and her friend Iris.
Friday, April 28
- Gabourey Sidibe (The Big C) - Watch Gabourey on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Martin Short (Mulaney/The Martin Short Show) - Martin stops by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Britt Robertson (Girlboss) - Britt is a guest on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Tom Hanks (Bosom Buddies) - Tom appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Anna Baryshnikov (Superior Donuts) - Anna is a guest on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Whitney Cummings (Whitney) - Whitney appears on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Alec Baldwin (30 Rock) - Alec is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- John Leguizamo (The Brothers Garcia) - John guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Laura Dern (Enlightened), Joely Fisher (Ellen/'Til Death), Clea Lewis (Ellen/Flying Blind) and David Anthony Higgins (Ellen/Malcolm in the Middle/Big Time Rush) - The Ellen DeGeneres Show celebrates the 20th Anniversary of the Ellen coming out episode, so check your local listings.
- Alec Baldwin (30 Rock) - Alec talks about Donald Trump, too much alcohol and the thing that saved his life on The Dr. Oz Show, so check your local listings.
- Jenna Elfman (Imaginary Mary/1600 Penn/Courting Alex/Accidentally on Purpose/Dharma & Greg) - Jenna will be on NBC's Today in the 9am hour. She also dishes about Imaginary Mary on The Wendy Williams Show at 2am on BET or on your local stations.
- Kathryn Hahn (Happyish/Transparent/Free Agents) - Kathryn is a guest on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.