Thursday, August 05, 2010
The weekday morning schedule will remain intact from 7am-12pm, which has Boy Meets World, Sabrina, What I Like About You and Gilmore Girls. However, afternoons will see a makeover. Weekdays in the 12 noon hour will have a new sitcom acquisition! ABCF has acquired the sitcom Still Standing and will air it in the weekdays at 12pm hour replacing Full House. Yes, Still Standing has not been on cable for a year after its contract expired on Lifetime before the start of fall 2009. My Wife & Kids remains in the 1pm hour, but Full House is now airing in the 2pm hour replacing the second hour of Sabrina, the Teenage Witch, which remains in the 8am hour. From 3-5pm will now be four airings of That '70s Show, as it moves from 6-8pm. The new 3-5pm slot will replace the second hour of Full House and also Grounded for Life, which is now off the schedule once again. No idea if and when it returns (if it didn't expire). At 5pm, Gilmore Girls remains leading into the newly acquired Friday Night Lights at 6pm, as mentioned earlier. AFV will air in the 7pm hour on Tues-Fri, with movies on Monday.
Primetime will remain the same, with movies replacing the Monday night schedule after Secret Life ends its summer season. Original sitcom Melissa & Joey will continue to air on Tuesday nights at 8pm through Oct. 12. The sitcom premieres Aug. 17 after the summer finale of Pretty Little Liars on Aug. 10. Pretty Little Liars will likely also return in January for the second half of its season. The same is likely for Make It Or Break It's second half. ABCF has not yet renewed Huge, but Greek will be back for a fourth season sometime this fall, but it has not been scheduled yet.
View the FULL ABC Family Fall 2010 schedule and highlights. And stay with us for more fall 2010 schedules for the rest of the summer!
Earlier this week, GMC removed Cosby (1996-2000 series) from its line-up. Cosby was airing weekdays in the 11pm hour and was replaced by another hour of Amen. Hopefully the Cos returns soon, as Amen already airs in the 1am hour. Other changes that happened were Sister, Sister returning to weekdays, airing from 8am-10am. This is in addition to its Saturday stack airings (8am-3pm). Dramas still fill the rest of the weekday line-up with Highway to Heaven at 10am, Early Edition at 11am, more Highway to Heaven at 1pm, Doc at 2pm, Sue Thomas F.B.eye at 3pm, Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman from 4pm-8pm, and primetime has Sue Thomas, Early Edition and Doc from 8-11pm.
Will there be changes come the fall? Stay with us on our fall schedule barrage and you might find out!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, October 28
Bunk'd - "Treehouse of Terror" (Disney Channel, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Zuri, Jorge and Tiffany enlist the support of an unexpected camper to help restore an abandoned treehouse, so they can use it as a new hangout; Emma and Lou and Ravi and Xander get competitive during a friendly game of billiards.
Tyler Perry's For Better or Worse - "Do What You Gotta Do" (OWN, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Joseph experiences an episode of sexual frustration due to Leslie's vow of chastity.
Friday, October 28
- John Lithgow (3rd Rock from the Sun/Twenty Good Years) - Watch John on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Drew Carey (The Drew Carey Show/The Good Life) - Drew visits on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also talks about The Price is Right on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Kevin Hart (The Big House/Undeclared) - Kevin appears on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Terry Crews (Brooklyn Nine-Nine?/Are We There Yet?/Everybody Hates Chris) - Terry is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ricky Gervais (The Office) - Ricky stops by LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Colin Hanks (Life in Pieces) - Colin joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Melissa Joan Hart (Melissa & Joey/Sabrina, the Teenage Witch/Clarissa Explains It All) - Melissa looks back at her earliest memories on Clarissa Explains It All – and says she was really bossy on People Now at 8:30am.
- Damon Wayans (My Wife and Kids) - Damon is a guest on The Real, so check your local listings.