Thursday, July 29, 2010
FX never really has a set schedule, as most of their shows/movies air in different time slots each day. So we will give you a general schedule, but be aware that times may vary on some days. Because Two and a Half Men is joining the schedule, FX will be removing Spin City from the weekday schedule. That's funny -- a Sheen show is sort of replacing a semi Sheen show -- as Charlie Sheen did star in the later seasons of Spin City. It will move to weekend mornings at 7am, replacing The Practice, which is now off the schedule totally. The Practice has been airing on and off on FX since September 2001--wow! Spin City will be used as a filler at times on weekdays, though, such as on Friday, Sept. 17 at 1:30am (early Saturday morning). Anyway, back to the weekday schedule, Malcolm in the Middle will remain in the weekday 7am hour, followed by movies at 8am and 10am. From 12-2pm on some days it will be a movie, on other days it will be an hour each of Bernie Mac/Malcolm in the Middle. From 2pm-4pm generally it will be an hour each of Bernie Mac/Malcolm in the Middle. Generally at 4pm there will be a movie leading into two-hours of Two and a Half Men from 6-8pm. Two and a Half Men will air two hours each weekday and two more hours on Saturday for a total of 12 hours a week--that's 24 episodes. However, some weeknights when it doesn't air in between 6-8pm, it could air in other timeslot, with at times an hour being aired in late night and the other hour in the early evening. On Saturdays Men will air from 9pm-11pm consistently. Movies will air in primetime from 8-10pm, followed by original series at 10 (more on that below). Now we know Spin City is off of weekdays and will air on weekends, but one more sitcom is missing -- That '70s Show. It seems it will be leaving the line-up TOTALLY after the week of Sept. 6. I am not 100% sure, but it seems its contract will expire since it joined the network on Sept. 12, 2005. Its last scheduled airing on FX is on Thursday, Sept. 9, 2010 from 11am-12pm, because after that it is no way else on the schedule. This is not a big deal since ABC Family and TeenNick air the series.
Original series wise, Sons of Anarchy has its third season premiere on Tuesday, Sept. 7 at 10pm, while new series Terriers has its series premiere the following night on Wednesday, Sept. 8 at 10pm. Original comedies It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia and The League have their season premieres on Thursday, Sept. 16 at 10pm & 10:30pm respectively. Sunny is entering its sixth season, while League enters its second season. FX will also premiere several movies this fall in their network premieres in Cloverfield, Jumper, Promo Night and Forgetting Sarah Marshall.
View the FULL FX Fall 2010 schedule and highlights. To recap, Two and a Half Men joins the schedule, That '70s Show and The Practice are gone, and Spin City is now just on weekends. Come on back next time for an all-new edition of the fall cable schedules barrage!
The Hallmark Channel has made a few last minute changes for weekends that will start this coming weekend (July 30-31). Effective this weekend, The Partridge Family will be pulled from the schedule and will no longer air on weekend mornings from 6am-9am, instead we get more I Love Lucy. And that's not all! I Love Lucy will also air on weekend late nights from 1am-4am, replacing Cheers. There are no changes to weekdays, so Cheers remains late nights on weeknights from 1am-4am.
Let's hope The Partridge Family returns to the line-up very soon. As for Hallmark Channel Fall 2010, we will have the line-up soon. We would have posted it this week, but it is not final and they expect to make more changes, so we are holding off until they do. Hallmark is asking everyone to be patient with them and to be calm as they figure out where all the pieces fit, which includes their enduring sitcoms. As you all know, Martha Stewart programming will be airing from 10am-6pm on weekdays, including Hallmark being the exclusive home for The Martha Stewart Show. Hallmark says their enduring sitcoms will still have a place on the schedule, so stay tuned!
Up today at the TCA Summer 2010 Press Tour are Showtime and The CW. We won't cover Showtime, but they have panels for The Big C, The Real L Word, Dexter and Episodes. Then The CW will take over after lunch starting at 2pm with an executive session with Dawn Ostroff, President of Entertainment at The CW. They will have only three panels after that with Nikita, Hellcats, and Gossip Girls. We will have more on The CW after the executive session is done at 2pm PT, so come on back TODAY! View live coverage from our buddy Mike of TVTango.com - and you can also submit a question to one of the panels and they might ask it for you!
And stay tuned tomorrow for coverage of NBC's sessions.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (February/March)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbrekable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, March 25
Henry Danger - "Gas or Fail" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Captain Man finds himself trapped underground, Henry must devise a way to sneak out of his school's standardized testing to save Ray.
Game Shakers - "Llama Llama Spit Spit" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
After the Game Shakers get kicked out of Fooders to make room for a guest who has his photo on the wall, Babe becomes determined to get their own photo up using any means necessary.
Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn - "To Be Invited or Not to Be" (Nickelodeon, 9:00PM ET/PT)
The quads make a new friend, an amazing inventor, but when not all of them get invited back to hang out again, they start to wonder why.
Love Thy Neighbor - "Better Late Than Never" (OWN, 9:00PM ET/PT)
A missed call leaves Danny and his family in a bad place.
Love Thy Neighbor - "Make Up or Make Out" (OWN, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Still upset with his friends, Danny takes the advice of his family.
Sunday, March 26
- Sanaa Lathan (Family Guy/The Cleveland Show/LateLine) - Catch Sanaa on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Chris Pratt (Parks and Recreation) - Watch Chris on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Richard Dreyfuss (Your Family or Mine) - Richard appears on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Lily Tomlin (Grace and Frankie/Malibu Country) and Jane Fonda (Grace and Frankie) - Lily and Jane are guests on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. They also chat with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Craig Ferguson (The Drew Carey Show) - Craig visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He will also be on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Rachel Dratch (Imaginary Mary) - Rachel is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Pete Holmes (Crashing) - Pete stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jenna Elfman (Imaginary Mary/1600 Penn/Accidentally on Purpose/Courting Alex/Dharma & Greg) - Jenna appears on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Ron Funches (Powerless/Undateable) - Ron is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Kaitlin Olson (The Mick/It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia) - Kaitlin drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Wendi McLendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Wendi appears on a repeat of Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends/The Comeback) - Lisa is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Mark Consuelos (Alpha House/Hope & Faith) - Mark guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Tahj Mowry, Derek Theler and Jean-Luc Bilodeau (Baby Daddy) - Tahj, Derek and Jean-Luc are guests on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Tika Sumpter (The Game) - Tika appears on a repeat of The Real, so check your local listings.
- Vanessa Bell Calloway (Rhythm & Blues) - Vanessa is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- June Diane Raphael (Grace and Frankie) - June talks about Grace and Frankie on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Molly/Samantha Who?) and Ben Falcone (Joey) - Melissa and Ben talk TV Land's Nobodies on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Brooklyn Decker (Grace and Frankie/Friends with Better Lives) - Brookyln stops by People Now at 8:30am.
- Marcia Gay Harden (Trophy Wife) - Marcia opens up about her favorite part of being in the 50 Shades movies on People Now at 8:30am. \
- Tracee Ellis Ross (black-ish/Girlfriends) - Tracee dishes about her Golden Globe win on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 2am on BET or on your local stations.