Thursday, July 29, 2010
FX never really has a set schedule, as most of their shows/movies air in different time slots each day. So we will give you a general schedule, but be aware that times may vary on some days. Because Two and a Half Men is joining the schedule, FX will be removing Spin City from the weekday schedule. That's funny -- a Sheen show is sort of replacing a semi Sheen show -- as Charlie Sheen did star in the later seasons of Spin City. It will move to weekend mornings at 7am, replacing The Practice, which is now off the schedule totally. The Practice has been airing on and off on FX since September 2001--wow! Spin City will be used as a filler at times on weekdays, though, such as on Friday, Sept. 17 at 1:30am (early Saturday morning). Anyway, back to the weekday schedule, Malcolm in the Middle will remain in the weekday 7am hour, followed by movies at 8am and 10am. From 12-2pm on some days it will be a movie, on other days it will be an hour each of Bernie Mac/Malcolm in the Middle. From 2pm-4pm generally it will be an hour each of Bernie Mac/Malcolm in the Middle. Generally at 4pm there will be a movie leading into two-hours of Two and a Half Men from 6-8pm. Two and a Half Men will air two hours each weekday and two more hours on Saturday for a total of 12 hours a week--that's 24 episodes. However, some weeknights when it doesn't air in between 6-8pm, it could air in other timeslot, with at times an hour being aired in late night and the other hour in the early evening. On Saturdays Men will air from 9pm-11pm consistently. Movies will air in primetime from 8-10pm, followed by original series at 10 (more on that below). Now we know Spin City is off of weekdays and will air on weekends, but one more sitcom is missing -- That '70s Show. It seems it will be leaving the line-up TOTALLY after the week of Sept. 6. I am not 100% sure, but it seems its contract will expire since it joined the network on Sept. 12, 2005. Its last scheduled airing on FX is on Thursday, Sept. 9, 2010 from 11am-12pm, because after that it is no way else on the schedule. This is not a big deal since ABC Family and TeenNick air the series.
Original series wise, Sons of Anarchy has its third season premiere on Tuesday, Sept. 7 at 10pm, while new series Terriers has its series premiere the following night on Wednesday, Sept. 8 at 10pm. Original comedies It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia and The League have their season premieres on Thursday, Sept. 16 at 10pm & 10:30pm respectively. Sunny is entering its sixth season, while League enters its second season. FX will also premiere several movies this fall in their network premieres in Cloverfield, Jumper, Promo Night and Forgetting Sarah Marshall.
View the FULL FX Fall 2010 schedule and highlights. To recap, Two and a Half Men joins the schedule, That '70s Show and The Practice are gone, and Spin City is now just on weekends. Come on back next time for an all-new edition of the fall cable schedules barrage!
The Hallmark Channel has made a few last minute changes for weekends that will start this coming weekend (July 30-31). Effective this weekend, The Partridge Family will be pulled from the schedule and will no longer air on weekend mornings from 6am-9am, instead we get more I Love Lucy. And that's not all! I Love Lucy will also air on weekend late nights from 1am-4am, replacing Cheers. There are no changes to weekdays, so Cheers remains late nights on weeknights from 1am-4am.
Let's hope The Partridge Family returns to the line-up very soon. As for Hallmark Channel Fall 2010, we will have the line-up soon. We would have posted it this week, but it is not final and they expect to make more changes, so we are holding off until they do. Hallmark is asking everyone to be patient with them and to be calm as they figure out where all the pieces fit, which includes their enduring sitcoms. As you all know, Martha Stewart programming will be airing from 10am-6pm on weekdays, including Hallmark being the exclusive home for The Martha Stewart Show. Hallmark says their enduring sitcoms will still have a place on the schedule, so stay tuned!
Up today at the TCA Summer 2010 Press Tour are Showtime and The CW. We won't cover Showtime, but they have panels for The Big C, The Real L Word, Dexter and Episodes. Then The CW will take over after lunch starting at 2pm with an executive session with Dawn Ostroff, President of Entertainment at The CW. They will have only three panels after that with Nikita, Hellcats, and Gossip Girls. We will have more on The CW after the executive session is done at 2pm PT, so come on back TODAY! View live coverage from our buddy Mike of TVTango.com - and you can also submit a question to one of the panels and they might ask it for you!
And stay tuned tomorrow for coverage of NBC's sessions.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (January/February)
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One / Review
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two / Review
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Wednesday, February 22
The Goldbergs - "So Swayze It's Crazy" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
After Adam sees his friend on television, he asks Beverly for her help to become an actor, so Beverly enlists his friend’s mom Edie, who is a kid talent agent in town. Unfortunately, Edie insists Adam can only get “nerd” roles, so Beverly goes on a quest to make Adam a teenage heartthrob. Meanwhile, Barry decides to embrace the punk lifestyle, and Murray attempts to become more involved in Erica’s life, but it backfires.
Speechless - "O-S-- OSCAR P-A-- PARTY" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When the Dimeos throw their annual Oscar party with other special-needs families, Maya feels threatened by new mom Becca, who seems a little too perfect. Meanwhile, Jimmy encourages the fathers at the party to let loose while Ray tries to impress a girl by pretending to be someone he is not.
Modern Family - "Heavy Is the Head" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Despite their lofty hopes, Phil and Jay’s property investment might turn out to be a bust, forcing Phil to rethink his original dream. Meanwhile, Cam lands in the hospital due to a head injury and refuses to have an MRI thanks to a traumatic incident with a well when he was a child. Determined to finally impress Claire and keep her from re-gifting her birthday present, Gloria surprises her with a day of luxury at the office. However, after Claire had to implement some rather harsh budget cuts at work, a massage at her desk may not be sending the right message.
black-ish - "One Angry Man" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Dre is forced to participate in jury duty after Junior responds to the summons that was thrown away. The case is supposed to be open and shut, but when Dre sees that the defendant is a young African American, he feels a civic responsibility to give him a fair trial. Meanwhile, Bow decides to let the kids swear in the house since they are more open with her that way, but she and Ruby soon regret the decision.
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - "The Gang Tends Bar" (FXX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
It's Valentine's Day and Paddy's is packed with customers. Dennis implores the gang to do one day of actual work but everyone else is distracted by a mystery crate Cricket spotted in the alley. Eventually, the gang becomes convinced Dennis really wants them to work on their relationships and everyone shares their grievances without much resolution.
Man Seeking Woman - "Dolphin" (FXX, 10:30PM ET/PT)
When her mom becomes obsessed with Josh's wedding, Liz seeks out her estranged father (Peter Gallagher).
Schitt's Creek - "General Store" (Pop, 8:00PM ET/PT)
David comes up with a new business venture; Alexis adjusts to her first day of school.
Wednesday, February 22
- Tom Hanks (Bosom Buddies) and George Clooney (The Facts of Life/Roseanne) - Tom and George are guests on a repeat of the 2012 Jimmy Kimmel Live: After the Oscars special at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Ariana Grande (Sam & Cat) - Ariana drops by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Ken Jeong (Dr. Ken/Community) - Ken visits The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Kelly Ripa (Hope & Faith) - Kelly is a guest on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Billy Gardell (Mike & Molly)- Billy appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He will also be on the AOL Build Show at 11am.
- Terry Crews (Brooklyn Nine-Nine/Are We There Yet?/Everybody Hates Chris) - Terry stops by Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He also talks about Ultimate Beastmaster on NBC's Today in the 9am hour and on the AOL Build Show at 2pm.
- Ron Funches (Powerless/Undateable) - Ron is a guest on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Demi Lovato (Sonny with a Chance) - Demi appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal) - NeNe guest co-hosts The Real, so check your local listings.
- Matt Shively (The Real O'Neals/True Jackson, VP) - Matt is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Justin Bartha (The New Normal) - Justin joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Wendi McLendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Wendi will be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth/The Cleveland Show) - Will talks about The Last Man on Earth on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. He will also be on Good Day New York on WNYW-Fox5 in New York sometime between 7-10am.
- Rosie Perez (Search Party) - Rosie is a guest on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 11:30am ET.
- Allison Williams (Girls) - Allison appears on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Yvette Nicole Brown (The Odd Couple/Community) - Yvette dishes about the new season of SuperMansion on Crackle on The Wendy Williams Show at 2am on BET or on your local stations.
- Mike Epps (Uncle Buck/Survivor's Remorse) - Mike is a guest on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.
- Eva Longoria (Telenovela) - Eva chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Mark Consuelos (Hope & Faith) - Mark guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.