Thursday, July 29, 2010
FX never really has a set schedule, as most of their shows/movies air in different time slots each day. So we will give you a general schedule, but be aware that times may vary on some days. Because Two and a Half Men is joining the schedule, FX will be removing Spin City from the weekday schedule. That's funny -- a Sheen show is sort of replacing a semi Sheen show -- as Charlie Sheen did star in the later seasons of Spin City. It will move to weekend mornings at 7am, replacing The Practice, which is now off the schedule totally. The Practice has been airing on and off on FX since September 2001--wow! Spin City will be used as a filler at times on weekdays, though, such as on Friday, Sept. 17 at 1:30am (early Saturday morning). Anyway, back to the weekday schedule, Malcolm in the Middle will remain in the weekday 7am hour, followed by movies at 8am and 10am. From 12-2pm on some days it will be a movie, on other days it will be an hour each of Bernie Mac/Malcolm in the Middle. From 2pm-4pm generally it will be an hour each of Bernie Mac/Malcolm in the Middle. Generally at 4pm there will be a movie leading into two-hours of Two and a Half Men from 6-8pm. Two and a Half Men will air two hours each weekday and two more hours on Saturday for a total of 12 hours a week--that's 24 episodes. However, some weeknights when it doesn't air in between 6-8pm, it could air in other timeslot, with at times an hour being aired in late night and the other hour in the early evening. On Saturdays Men will air from 9pm-11pm consistently. Movies will air in primetime from 8-10pm, followed by original series at 10 (more on that below). Now we know Spin City is off of weekdays and will air on weekends, but one more sitcom is missing -- That '70s Show. It seems it will be leaving the line-up TOTALLY after the week of Sept. 6. I am not 100% sure, but it seems its contract will expire since it joined the network on Sept. 12, 2005. Its last scheduled airing on FX is on Thursday, Sept. 9, 2010 from 11am-12pm, because after that it is no way else on the schedule. This is not a big deal since ABC Family and TeenNick air the series.
Original series wise, Sons of Anarchy has its third season premiere on Tuesday, Sept. 7 at 10pm, while new series Terriers has its series premiere the following night on Wednesday, Sept. 8 at 10pm. Original comedies It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia and The League have their season premieres on Thursday, Sept. 16 at 10pm & 10:30pm respectively. Sunny is entering its sixth season, while League enters its second season. FX will also premiere several movies this fall in their network premieres in Cloverfield, Jumper, Promo Night and Forgetting Sarah Marshall.
View the FULL FX Fall 2010 schedule and highlights. To recap, Two and a Half Men joins the schedule, That '70s Show and The Practice are gone, and Spin City is now just on weekends. Come on back next time for an all-new edition of the fall cable schedules barrage!
The Hallmark Channel has made a few last minute changes for weekends that will start this coming weekend (July 30-31). Effective this weekend, The Partridge Family will be pulled from the schedule and will no longer air on weekend mornings from 6am-9am, instead we get more I Love Lucy. And that's not all! I Love Lucy will also air on weekend late nights from 1am-4am, replacing Cheers. There are no changes to weekdays, so Cheers remains late nights on weeknights from 1am-4am.
Let's hope The Partridge Family returns to the line-up very soon. As for Hallmark Channel Fall 2010, we will have the line-up soon. We would have posted it this week, but it is not final and they expect to make more changes, so we are holding off until they do. Hallmark is asking everyone to be patient with them and to be calm as they figure out where all the pieces fit, which includes their enduring sitcoms. As you all know, Martha Stewart programming will be airing from 10am-6pm on weekdays, including Hallmark being the exclusive home for The Martha Stewart Show. Hallmark says their enduring sitcoms will still have a place on the schedule, so stay tuned!
Up today at the TCA Summer 2010 Press Tour are Showtime and The CW. We won't cover Showtime, but they have panels for The Big C, The Real L Word, Dexter and Episodes. Then The CW will take over after lunch starting at 2pm with an executive session with Dawn Ostroff, President of Entertainment at The CW. They will have only three panels after that with Nikita, Hellcats, and Gossip Girls. We will have more on The CW after the executive session is done at 2pm PT, so come on back TODAY! View live coverage from our buddy Mike of TVTango.com - and you can also submit a question to one of the panels and they might ask it for you!
And stay tuned tomorrow for coverage of NBC's sessions.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)
10/04 - The Andy Griffith Show - The Christmas Special (Colorized)
10/04 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #1 (Colorized)
10/11 - Dr. Ken - Season One
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Series
10/11 - Nurse Jackie - Seasons One and Two
10/11 - Weeds - Seasons One and Two
11/01 - Schitt's Creek - Seasons One and Two
11/08 - Family Matters - The Complete Ninth Season
11/08 - Your Family or Mine - Season One
11/15 - Community - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Lucy Show - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Mindy Project - Season Four
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, December 3
Henry Danger - "Dodging Danger" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Henry uses his new super power to compete in a Dodge-A-Leen tournament, Ray, Schwoz, and Charlotte go undercover to teach Henry a lesson.
Monday, December 5
- Will Smith (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air) - Watch Will on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Steve Harvey (The Steve Harvey Show) - Steve visits The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. He chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Jason Bateman (Arrested Development/The Hogan Family/It's Your Move) - Jason visits The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Gael García Bernal (Mozart in the Jungle) - Gael is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Steve Agee (The Sarah Silverman Program) - Steve appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- The Cast of Fuller House - The cast of Fuller House are guests on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Patricia Heaton (The Middle/Back to You/Everybody Loves Raymond) - Patricia stops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Miss Piggy (The Muppets) - Miss Piggy and Harry perform Deck the Halls on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Meredith Hagner (Search Party/Men at Work) - Meredith is a guest on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Lauren Graham (The Odd Couple/Conrad Bloom/Townies) - Lauren appears on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- T.J. Miller (Silicon Valley/The Goodwin Games/Carpoolers) - T.J. talks about Office Christmas Party on the AOL Build Show at 3pm. He will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET. He can also be heard on The Morning Mash Up on SiriusXM at 9:50am.
- Bradley Whitford (Happyish/Trophy Wife) - Bradley is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Josh McDermitt (Retired at 35) - Josh can be heard on The Morning Mash Up on SiriusXM at 10:45am.
- Erinn Hayes (Kevin Can Wait/Guys with Kids/Worst Week) - Erinn talks about Kevin Can Wait on the AOL Build Show at 4pm.