Tuesday, July 29, 2008
Fall Schedules Central: ABC Family September 2008; WGN's Mork and Mindy and Coach Marathons; Nick at Nite Gets Original Animated Series for 2009
As we mentioned a lot already, ABC Family will be adding reruns of the popular ABC 2001-2005 sitcom My Wife & Kids starring Damon Wayans. Now we have the full details. The show will launch on Monday, September 1 with a Labor Day marathon from 12pm-10pm. Then effective Tuesday, September 2 My Wife & Kids will join the regular ABC Family line-up airing weeknights at 6:00pm & 6:30pm ET/PT replacing 8 Simple Rules, which will move to 3:00pm & 3:30pm replacing the second Full House hour, which is now gone. Full House will remain at 12 noon and 12:30pm ET/PT. My Wife & Kids will also air Sunday mornings at 10:00am & 10:30am. There will be no other schedule changes to the line-up. To see how the full regular schedule looks, I advise to you view our ABC Family September 2008 thread.
Other ABC Family September highlights include the six-hour mini-series Samurai Girl airing Friday, September 5 through Sunday, September 7 at 8pm-10pm each night, with the whole six-parter airing back-to-back 4-10pm on Sunday. The Secret Life of The American Teenager concludes its first half of the season on Tuesday, Sept. 8 at 8pm, but before that a marathon will air from 11am-8pm. Finally, Lincoln Heights returns for an all-new season the following week on Tuesday, September 15 at 8pm, but before that catch-up with memorable episodes from 11am-8pm earlier in the day.
In the coming days you'll see the September line-ups for Lifetime, WGN America, TV One, FX, TBS, WE tv, ION Television, Nick at Nite, BET and The Hallmark Channel. Broadcast wise, we will do WPIX's fall line-up, and possibly WNYW and WWOR, since I'm in New York. We will also do a Canadian fall lineup on one day with all the notable Canadian Cable stations such as TV Land Canada and DejaView.
We recently gave you details on WGN America's Golden Oldies Week (Aug. 4-7), now WGN America has released that it will have a Mork & Mindy slot on Tuesday, August 19 from 8-10pm ET (5-7pm PT)! It is sort of strange that Mork & Mindy will be isolated on its own for this one-time-only marathon. Other shows usually aired during a theme week.
There will be many new shows coming to WGN America this fall that I will reveal sometime this week in our ongoing fall 2008 series reports. One of the series that will air this fall is the '90s ABC sitcom Coach. We will have more on its regular slot later in the fall schedule, but in August Coach will get a block on Friday, August 29 from 8-10pm ET (5-7pm PT). It will also get a full-fledge marathon the following day, Saturday, August 30 from 12 noon to 7pm ET (that's 9am-4pm PT). Coach is coming just in time for the football season! We don't have episode info for the Coach marathons yet, but we do have the episodes for the Mork & Mindy block on Aug. 19...head on over to our message board to view that.
Nick at Nite will bring in another original animated series. They had one some years back called Fatherhood, from Bill Cosby, now they will have another come in summer 2009. As TV's home for the modern-day family comedy, top-rated Nick at Nite has green-lit Glenn Martin DDS., the first television series from Michael Eisner's Tornante Animation, cuing production on 20 episodes of the original, stop-motion primetime program. Giving the American family a whole new look, the 'trailblazing' series buckles up with the Martins in their toothbrush-topped dental mobile as they leave suburbia behind in the rear-view mirror and embark on a cross-country adventure. Eisner and the newly formed division of The Tornante Company -- Tornante Animation, have enlisted Eric Fogel -- the creative force behind MTV's hit Celebrity Deathmatch -- to help design the series.
Nick at Nite will promote the series a lot leading up to the premiere in Summer 2009. This will also give them an extra promo push for the hit comedy Everybody Hates Chris, from co-creator and narrator Chris Rock and inspired by his real-life childhood experiences, which will launch in September 2009.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (June)
06/14 - Ballers - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
06/14 - The League - Season 7 - The Final Fantasy
06/14 - The League - The Complete Series
06/14 - Maude - The Complete Fifth Season
06/14 - Survivor's Remorse - The Complete Second Season
06/21 - Workaholics - Season Six
06/24 - The Monkees - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
06/28 - Two Guys and a Girl - The Complete Series
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, June 30
The Big Bang Theory - "The Application Deterioration" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Leonard, Sheldon, and Wolowitz run into problems when they file for a patent for their infinite persistence gyroscope. Also, Penny, Amy and Bernadette give Koothrappali dating advice when Emily reaches out to him after their breakup.
Life in Pieces - "Bite Flight Wing-Man Bonnie" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Heather and Tim finally find another couple they actually like to socialize with, but Sophia and their son don’t hit it off. Also, Greg insists he and Jen take separate flights in case something happens to the plane, Matt and John take Gary (Martin Mull) out to meet women, and Matt’s ex-wife, Bonnie (Brenda Song), surprises him with a visit. NFL Hall of Famer Marshall Faulk guest stars as himself. Academy Award winner Helen Hunt directed the episode.
Sex&Drugs&Rock&Roll - "All That Glitters Is Gold" (FX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
The sudden death of an old friend forces the band to question where they're at and where they're going.
Thursday, June 30
- Ellie Kemper (Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt/The Office) - Catch Ellie on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. She will also be on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Cedric the Entertainer (The Soul Man/The Steve Harvey Show) - Cedric appears on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Rebel Wilson (Super Fun Night) - Rebel is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- David Schwimmer (Friends) - David appears on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jim Gaffigan (The Jim Gaffigan Show/My Boys/Welcome to New York) and Adam Goldberg (The Jim Gaffigan Show) - Jim and Adam are guests on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight. Jim will also be on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Aubrey Plaza (Parks and Recreation) - Aubrey drops by Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Adam Devine (Workaholics/Modern Family) - Adam and Zac Efron are guests on Conan at 11pm on TBS. Adam will also be on Chelsea on Netflix.
- Maria Bamford (Lady Dynamite) - Maria appears on Chelsea on Netflix.
- Mark Consuelos (Hope & Faith) - Mark guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Nick Jonas (Jonas L.A.) - Nick appears on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Sarah Michelle Gellar (The Crazy Ones) - Sarah shares two of her favorite dessert recipes you can make with your kids on a repeat of The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- Sayeed Shahidi (Uncle Buck/The First Family) - Sayeed is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Mario Cantone (Sex and the City) - Mario is a guest on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Denis Leary (Sex&Drugs&Rock&Roll/The Job) and Elizabeth Gillies (Sex&Drugs&Rock&Roll/Victorious) - Denis and Leary talk about Sex&Drugs&Rock&Roll on the AOL Build Show at 1pm. Denis will also beon CBS This Morning sometime between 7-9am.
- Donald Faison (The Exes/Scrubs) - Donald guest co-hosts Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Nia Long (Uncle Buck/The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air) - Nia is a guest on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Jamie Lynn Spears (Zoey 101) - Jamie is a guest on People Now at 8:30am.
- Jane Krakowski (Undateable Kimmy Schmidt/30 Rock) - Jane appears on People Now at 8:30am.