Tuesday, July 29, 2008
Fall Schedules Central: ABC Family September 2008; WGN's Mork and Mindy and Coach Marathons; Nick at Nite Gets Original Animated Series for 2009
As we mentioned a lot already, ABC Family will be adding reruns of the popular ABC 2001-2005 sitcom My Wife & Kids starring Damon Wayans. Now we have the full details. The show will launch on Monday, September 1 with a Labor Day marathon from 12pm-10pm. Then effective Tuesday, September 2 My Wife & Kids will join the regular ABC Family line-up airing weeknights at 6:00pm & 6:30pm ET/PT replacing 8 Simple Rules, which will move to 3:00pm & 3:30pm replacing the second Full House hour, which is now gone. Full House will remain at 12 noon and 12:30pm ET/PT. My Wife & Kids will also air Sunday mornings at 10:00am & 10:30am. There will be no other schedule changes to the line-up. To see how the full regular schedule looks, I advise to you view our ABC Family September 2008 thread.
Other ABC Family September highlights include the six-hour mini-series Samurai Girl airing Friday, September 5 through Sunday, September 7 at 8pm-10pm each night, with the whole six-parter airing back-to-back 4-10pm on Sunday. The Secret Life of The American Teenager concludes its first half of the season on Tuesday, Sept. 8 at 8pm, but before that a marathon will air from 11am-8pm. Finally, Lincoln Heights returns for an all-new season the following week on Tuesday, September 15 at 8pm, but before that catch-up with memorable episodes from 11am-8pm earlier in the day.
In the coming days you'll see the September line-ups for Lifetime, WGN America, TV One, FX, TBS, WE tv, ION Television, Nick at Nite, BET and The Hallmark Channel. Broadcast wise, we will do WPIX's fall line-up, and possibly WNYW and WWOR, since I'm in New York. We will also do a Canadian fall lineup on one day with all the notable Canadian Cable stations such as TV Land Canada and DejaView.
We recently gave you details on WGN America's Golden Oldies Week (Aug. 4-7), now WGN America has released that it will have a Mork & Mindy slot on Tuesday, August 19 from 8-10pm ET (5-7pm PT)! It is sort of strange that Mork & Mindy will be isolated on its own for this one-time-only marathon. Other shows usually aired during a theme week.
There will be many new shows coming to WGN America this fall that I will reveal sometime this week in our ongoing fall 2008 series reports. One of the series that will air this fall is the '90s ABC sitcom Coach. We will have more on its regular slot later in the fall schedule, but in August Coach will get a block on Friday, August 29 from 8-10pm ET (5-7pm PT). It will also get a full-fledge marathon the following day, Saturday, August 30 from 12 noon to 7pm ET (that's 9am-4pm PT). Coach is coming just in time for the football season! We don't have episode info for the Coach marathons yet, but we do have the episodes for the Mork & Mindy block on Aug. 19...head on over to our message board to view that.
Nick at Nite will bring in another original animated series. They had one some years back called Fatherhood, from Bill Cosby, now they will have another come in summer 2009. As TV's home for the modern-day family comedy, top-rated Nick at Nite has green-lit Glenn Martin DDS., the first television series from Michael Eisner's Tornante Animation, cuing production on 20 episodes of the original, stop-motion primetime program. Giving the American family a whole new look, the 'trailblazing' series buckles up with the Martins in their toothbrush-topped dental mobile as they leave suburbia behind in the rear-view mirror and embark on a cross-country adventure. Eisner and the newly formed division of The Tornante Company -- Tornante Animation, have enlisted Eric Fogel -- the creative force behind MTV's hit Celebrity Deathmatch -- to help design the series.
Nick at Nite will promote the series a lot leading up to the premiere in Summer 2009. This will also give them an extra promo push for the hit comedy Everybody Hates Chris, from co-creator and narrator Chris Rock and inspired by his real-life childhood experiences, which will launch in September 2009.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, September 4
Friday, September 4
- Steve Harvey (The Steve Harvey Show) - Watch Steve on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. He will also be on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am, on the AOL Build Show and on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Alison Brie (Community) - Alison visits The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Miley Cyrus (Hannah Montana) - Catch Miley on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Keegan-Michael Key (Playing House/Gary Unmarried) - Keegan-Michael appears on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Tony Hale (Veep/Arrested Development) - Tony is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He will also be on People Chatter.
- Christina Applegate (Up All Night/Samantha Who?/Married with Children) - Christina appears on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Christian Slater (Breaking In) - Christian is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Brandy Norwood (The Game/Moesha/Thea) - Brandy performs on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Jamie Foxx (The Jamie Foxx Show) - Jamie will be on a repeat of The Queen Latifah Show, so check your local listings.
- Wanda Sykes (The New Adventures of Old Christine/Wanda at Large) - Wanda is a guest on a repeat of The Queen Latifah Show, so check your local listings.
- Wendy Raquel Robinson (The Game/The Steve Harvey Show/Minor Adjustments) - Wendy appears on a repeat of The Real, so check your local listings.
- Ed Helms (The Office) - Ed talks about his film Vacation on a repeat of The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Peri Gilpin (Mr. Robinson/Frasier) - Peri talks about Mr. Robinson on a repeat of The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Garcelle Beauvais (The Jamie Foxx Show) - Garcelle breaks down the hottest headlines of the day on a repeat of The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- Kym Whitley (Young & Hungry/Animal Practice/Sparks) - Kym tries out extreme-fitness dating, dog-park dating and paper-bag dating on a repeat of Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.
- Tituss Burgess (Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt/30 Rock) - Tituss is a guest on People Now.