Monday, December 12, 2016
We told you that MacGyver is coming on Dec. 19, but now we have the full MeTV Winter 2017 schedule that begins in January. From the return of one of television's most iconic series to brand-new action and adventure, criminal investigations and even supernatural situations, the MeTV winter 2017 schedule — starting Monday, January 2, 2017 — promises to thaw out those wintertime blues. All he needs is his Swiss Army knife, a roll of duct tape and maybe a paperclip or two. Angus MacGyver brings his bad-guy-busting ingenuity to our schedule twice every weekday. And Mac joins the schedule early: Starting December 19, catch MacGyver weekdays at 5PM | 4C and weeknights at 9PM | 8C. Gee Whiz! One of television's most iconic series returns and moved to MeTV - Leave It to Beaver comes to weekdays at 8AM | 7C and 8:30AM | 7:30C. The hunks of the California Highway Patrol are cruising back into action on CHiPs. And like MacGyver, Ponch and Jon join the schedule early: Starting December 19, watch the motorcycle-riding officers keep law and order in sunny Los Angeles weekdays at 4PM | 3C.
The original, 30-minute episodes of Gunsmoke return, weekdays at 1PM | 12C & 1:30PM | 12:30C. These black-and-white episodes, which originally ran from 1955 to 1961, compose the series' first six seasons. Also, a fresh batch of Columbo movies comes to Sunday nights at 8PM | 7C. See Peter Falk as the sleuth during his ABC years, which comprises made-for-TV movies produced between 1989 and 2003. He may not be a gunslinger, but he's unstoppable in a fistfight. James Garner stars as Bret Maverick, an Old West anti-hero who's a good guy at heart. Tune in for Maverick on Saturdays at 10AM | 9C. Late night crime doesn't stand a chance — Mannix, Ironside and 77 Sunset Strip slap the cuffs on criminals weeknights starting at 2AM | 1C. And finally, Carl Kolchak investigates the bizarre and supernatural Sunday nights at 10PM | 9C. See the intrepid newspaper man face off against a myriad of monsters on Kolchak: The Night Stalker.
The special premiere of new comedy The Mick will air Sunday, Jan. 1 in all time zones immediately following NFL doubleheader game coverage and The OT, at 8:00 PM ET and 5:00 PM PT, on Fox. The episode then will encore that same night in the Pacific time zone at 8:00 PM and the Mountain time zone at 7:00 PM. The series will make its time period premiere with an all-new episode Tuesday, Jan. 3 at 8:31 PM ET/PT. The Mick is a comedy about an unapologetic degenerate (Kaitlin Olson, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia) who suddenly finds herself stuck raising her spoiled niece and nephews (Sofia Black-D'Elia, Thomas Barbusca, Jack Stanton) in affluent Greenwich, CT. It's pretty much everything she never wanted. Regardless, she's determined to rise to the occasion and transform these little monsters into honest, hard-working, decent members of society - something she knows absolutely nothing about. The series also stars Carla Jimenez and Scott MacArthur.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (February/March)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbrekable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, March 23
Superstore - "Mateo's Last Day" (NBC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Mateo (Nico Santos) faces complications with his transfer to a Cloud 9 Signature store, he becomes desperate to resolve his undocumented status. Meanwhile, Amy (America Ferrera) helps Glenn (Mark McKinney) battle an Internet troll, Jonah (Ben Feldman) and Cheyenne (Nichole Bloom) try to give Mateo legal counsel, and Dina (Lauren Ash) and Garrett (Colton Dunn) take issue with corporate.
Powerless - "I'm a Friend You" (NBC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Emily (Vanessa Hudgens) learns that Jackie (Christina Kirk) is in need of some extra cash, she can't help but try and do what she can to help her out. Meanwhile, Van (Alan Tudyk) is on a witch hunt and has his eyes set on Teddy (Danny Pudi), Ron (Ron Funches) and Wendy (Jennie Pierson).
Baskets - "Circus" (FX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Christine turns to Arby's after Chip joins the Russians.
Thursday, March 23
- Anthony Anderson (black-ish/Guys with Kids/All About the Andersons) - Catch Anthony on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Connie Britton (Spin City/The Fighting Fitzgeralds/Lost at Home) - Connie is a guest on a repeat of The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Whitney Cummings (Whitney) - Whitney visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Jenna Elfman (Imaginary Mary/Accidentally on Purpose/Courting Alex/Dharma & Greg) - Jenna appears on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Stephanie Beatriz (Brooklyn Nine-Nine) - Stephanie is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Matt LeBlanc (Man with a Plan/Episodes/Joey/Friends) - Matt visits LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings. He will also be on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- John Leguizamo (The Brothers Garcia) - John guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Zosia Mamet (Girls) - Zosia is a guest on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Kristen Bell (The Good Place) - Kristen chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Craig Ferguson (The Drew Carey Show) - Craig joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Nick D'Agosto (Trial & Error) - Nick is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Emma Roberts (Scream Queens/Unfabulous) - Emma talks about The Blackcoat's Daughter on NBC's Today in the 9am hour. She will also be on the AOL Build Show at 11am.
- Woody Harrelson (Cheers) - Woody talks about Wilson on NBC's Today in the 9am hour. Woody and Laura Dern will be on People Now at 8:30am.
- Marcia Gay Harden (Trophy Wife) - Marcia is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.