Monday, November 28, 2016
Mama's Family is coming to Logo! The popular '80s sitcom is joining the lineup beginning Friday, December 2, 2016 at 9:00pm. The sitcom joins recent addition Green Acres and Married...with Children on the line-up that also features Three's Company, All in the Family, Bewitched, I Dream of Jeannie, Roseanne, Will & Grace and The Golden Girls. As with Logo's other sitcoms, it will air blocks. Mama's Family debuts with an 8-hour block from 9pm-5am on Friday night. It will also air the next day on Saturday, Dec. 3 from 9am-6pm. The hit series will air Fridays and Saturdays in blocks each week, with times varying, so keep checking your listings for exact timings. You can also still watch the series each weeknight at 6:00pm & 6:30pm on The MeTV Network. In Mama's Family, Vicki Lawrence as Thelma Harper and her spinster sister Fran open their home to Thelma's recently divorced son Vinton and his teenage son and daughter. It's quite an adjustment for everyone, especially the cranky, argumentative Thelma.
Actor Ron Glass, who was best known for his role as Detective Ron Harris in Barney Miller, has died. He died of respiratory failure in Los Angeles on November 25. Mr. Glass was 71.
Glass' early television guest appearances included Sanford and Son, All in the Family, Maude, Hawaii Five-O, The Bob Newhart Show, Griff, The New Perry Mason, Good Times, Insight, When Things Were Rotten and The Streets of San Francisco.
He landed the role of Detective Ron Harris in Barney Miller in 1975. Harris was ambitious, intellectual, dressed stylishly and also worked as a writer. He published a lurid memoir about police work called Blood on the Badge. The series also starred Hal Linden, Abe Vigoda (1975-1977), Gregory Sierra (1975-1976), Max Gail, Jack Soo, Barbara Barrie (1975-1976), James Gregory, Steve Landesberg (1976-1982) and Ron Carey (1976-1982). Glass received an Emmy nomination for Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy or Variety or Music Series in 1982.
Glass co-starred with Demond Wilson as Felix Unger in the 1982-1983 ABC sitcom The New Odd Couple. The short-lived remake also starred John Schuck, Christipher Joy, Bart Braverman, Sheila Anderson, Ronalda Douglas, Liz Torres and Jo Marie Payton.
In 1992, he starred in the short-lived NBC sitcom Rhythm & Blues He played Don Phillips, a sales manager at a Detroit soul radio station. The series starred Roger Kabler, Anna Maria Horsford, Troy Curvey, Jr., Vanessa Bell Calloway, Miguel A. Nunez, Jr. and Christopher Babers.
Glass played Ronald Felcher, a history teacher, in the 1996-1997 NBC sitcom Mr. Rhodes. The series starred Tom Rhodes, Farrah Forke, Stephen Tobolowsky, Jessica Stone, Shaun Weiss, Lindsay Sloane, Travis Wester and Alexandra Holden.
He starred as Rod (God's cousin) in the 1997-1998 ABC sitcom Teen Angel. The TGIF series starred Mike Damus, Corbin Allred, Maureen McCormick, Katie Volding, Jordan Brower and Conchata Ferrell.
Some of his other sitcom guest appearances included 227, Family Matters, Amen, The Royal Family, Designing Women, Friends, Zoe, Duncan, Jack & Jane, Rude Awakening and Yes, Dear.
He provided the voice of Randy Carmichael in Nickelodeon's Rugrats and All Grown Up!. His other voice credits included the Aladdin TV series, Superman: The Animated Series and The Proud Family.
In 2002, he starred in the Fox space western drama Firefly. He played the spiritual Shepherd Derrial Book. He also appeared in the 2005 sequel film Serenity.
Mr. Glass was a talented and versatile actor. He was wonderful in everything he appeared in during his long career. We thank him for all the laughter and entertainment he brought us. He will be greatly missed.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (March/April)
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
04/04 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Fifth Season
04/11 - Father Knows Best - Season Five
04/11 - Schitt's Creek - The Complete Third Season
04/11 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/11 - Veep - The Complete Fifth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Sunday, April 30
Bob's Burgers - "Like Gene for Chocolate" (Fox, 7:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Gene learns that the formula for his favorite chocolate has changed, he works with the head of the company in an attempt to remedy the situation. Meanwhile, Bob gets wrapped up in one of Teddy’s less-than-perfect plans.
Bob's Burgers - "Thelma & Louise Except Thelma Is Linda" (Fox, 7:30PM ET/PT)
After Louise gets in trouble at school, Linda is forced to meet with Mr. Frond (guest voice David Herman) and potentially could lose her hard-earned position as the Wagstaff bake sale leader. When she finds out that her daughter was actually trying to help another student, Linda is torn between following school policy or her own moral code.
The Simpsons - "Looking for Mr. Goodbart" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Bart gets in trouble on Grandparents Day at school and is forced to hang out with Skinner’s mother as punishment. After spending time with various grandmas in the neighborhood, he learns the benefits of hanging out with the elderly, but eventually recognizes the dangers of taking advantage of them. Meanwhile, Peekimon Get has taken over the town of Springfield.
Making History - "Night Cream" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT)
With the ever-present threat of losing tenure looming over him, Chris reaches out to John Hancock and Samuel Adams to help spice things up in the classroom in 2017. Meanwhile, Deb's dream of re-opening Chadwick's ice cream parlor is finally coming to fruition, but Dan has a few marketing ideas of his own.
Family Guy - "The Peter Principal" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Peter becomes the temporary principal at the high school, and Meg uses his new power to get even with her bullies. Meanwhile, Brian and Stewie open a bed & breakfast that quickly turns into a brothel.
The Last Man on Earth - "The Big Day" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Tandy and Gail face off in a major disagreement, on which the whole group must weigh in, and Carol is forced to choose a side. Meanwhile, Melissa, Todd and Erica each have major milestone moments.
Sunday, April 30
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal) - Catch NeNe on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Chris Pratt (Parks and Recreation) - Watch Chris on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am and LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- America Ferrera (Superstore) - America drops by Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Ike Barinholtz (The Mindy Project) - Ike appears on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Joel McHale (The Great Indoors/Community) - Joel is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jake Johnson (New Girl) - Jake visits The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Hank Azaria (Brockmire/The Simpsons/Free Agents) - Hank stops by Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Al Madrigal (About a Boy/Welcome to the Captain/Gary Unmarried) - Al appears on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Kevin Nealon (Man with a Plan/Weeds/Hiller and Diller/Champs) - Kevin is a guest on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Ashton Kutcher (The Ranch/Two and a Half Men/That '70s Show) - Ashton appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Allison Janney (Mom/Mr. Sunshine) - Allison teams up with Mario Batali to make a cheesy, decadent Gnocchi Al Telefono and dishes about her new Broadway show on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Charlie Hunnam (Undeclared) - Charlie will be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. He will also be on the AOL Build Show at 11:15am.
- Nick Robinson (Melissa & Joey) - Nick talks about his new film Everything, Everything on the AOL Build Show at 1pm.
- Jodie Sweetin (Hollywood Darlings/Fuller House/Full House) - Jodie is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.