Wednesday, September 28, 2016
Bounce TV, the fastest-growing African-American network on television, announced that the fourth season of the popular comedy series Family Time will premiere Tues. Oct. 4, 2016 with new episodes every Tuesday night at 9:00 p.m. ET. Family Time comedically chronicles the lives of the Stallworth family, headed by the dad Tony, a struggling general contractor played by Omar Gooding, and his wife Lisa, an unfulfilled stay-at-home mom portrayed by Angell Conwell. When they are not battling each other, they are contending with a host of family, friends, and neighbors including their mischievous children Devin (Bentley Kyle Evans, Jr.) and Ebony (Jayla Calhoun), Tony's financially-challenged best friend Donnie (Clayton Thomas) and Lisa's feisty sisters Rachel (Tanjareen Thomas) and Lori (Paula Jai Parker).
The first episode of the new season finds Lisa giving relationship advice to Tony's friends when he lets her visit the barbershop; Rodney Perry guest stars. Other notable guest stars this season include A.J. Johnson (House Party), Glenn Plummer (Speed, South Central), Gloria Govan (Basketball Wives) Michael Colyar (black-ish), award-winning singer Chante Moore, Nicholas Turturro (NYPD Blue) and Laurence Fishburne's son Langston Fishburne making his acting debut. The new 13-episode season will also feature Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas-themed episodes.
NBC has ordered an additional five episodes of the network's critically beloved new drama series This Is Us, bringing the full season order to 18. Last week's This Is Us series premiere generated a 4.5 rating in adults 18-49 and 14.3 million viewers overall in L+5 averages from Nielsen Media Research - an increase of 1.7 rating points going from live plus same day to L+5. The 4.5 makes it the #1 series premiere of the fall season to date, while the show's L+SD rating makes it NBC's highest-rated scripted program in that Tuesday 10-11 p.m. time period in more than six years.
On digital platforms, it's NBC's most-viewed series premiere on record, more than doubling the network's previous record for most one-day views of a debuting series across NBC digital platforms. This Is Us was the most anticipated new series heading into fall with its trailer viewed more than 127 million times following the show's announcement at the May upfronts. This Is Us is a refreshingly honest and provocative series that follows a unique ensemble whose paths cross and their life stories intertwine in curious ways. We find several of them share the same birthday, and so much more than anyone would expect. From the writer and directors of Crazy, Stupid, Love. is a smart, modern series that will challenge your everyday presumptions about the people you think you know. The cast includes Milo Ventimiglia, Mandy Moore, Justin Hartley, Chrissy Metz, Sterling K. Brown, Susan Kelechi Watson, Chris Sullivan and Ron Cephas Jones.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, October 24
Kevin Can Wait - "Beat the Parents" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Kevin and Donna are thrilled when their son, Jack, makes friends with a boy from school, Grayden (Graydon Peter Yosowitz), however, when Donna and Kevin don’t hit it off with Grayden’s arrogant father, Vic (Ray Romano), and his pushy wife, Brandi (Lindsay Broad), they set out to sabotage the boys’ new friendship. Matt Romano guest stars as Vic’s second son, Braden.
Man with a Plan - "Pilot" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Golden Globe Award winner Matt LeBlanc stars as Adam, a contractor who starts spending more time with his three kids when his wife, Andi, goes back to work and discovers the truth all parents eventually realize—their little angels are maniacs.
2 Broke Girls - "And the Godmama Drama" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Oleg and Sophie’s plan to have Max and Caroline as Barbara’s godparents is derailed when Oleg’s domineering mother, Olga (Mercedes Ruehl), arrives from the Ukraine for the baby’s baptism and fires Max and Caroline from their godparent duties.
The Odd Couple - "Food Fight" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When Oscar learns that his favorite hangout, Langford’s, is in financial trouble, he impulsively asks Felix to help save it, without considering the disastrous consequences. Also, Felix tries to make his mark on the restaurant when the owner, Fred Langford (Fred Willard), puts him in charge for a few days.
Monday, October 24
- Ricky Gervais (The Office) - Watch Ricky on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Tom Hanks (Bosom Buddies) - Tom appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also talks about Inferno on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Elijah Wood (Wilfred) - Elijah is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Ana Gasteyer (People of Earth/Lady Dynamite/Suburgatory) - Ana visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Nick Offerman (Parks and Recreation) - Nick stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ron Howard (Happy Days/The Andy Griffith Show) - Ron appears on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Kate Micucci (Raising Hope/The Big Bang Theory) - Kate is a guest on a repeat of @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Zooey Deschanel (New Girl) - Zooey appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Michael Chiklis (Daddio) - Michael drops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Jameela Jamil (The Good Place) - Jameela appears on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Aya Cash (You're the Worst) - Aya talks about You're the Worst on the AOL Build ShoW at 2pm. She will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth) - Will is a guest on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Mary Steenburgen (The Last Man on Earth/Ink) - Mary talks about The Last Man on Earth on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. She will also be on the AOL Build Show at 12:30pm.
- Anna Camp (The Mindy Project) - Anna talks about Good Girls Revolt on People Now at 8:30am.
- James Brolin (Life in Pieces) - James is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Matt LeBlanc (Man with a Plan/Episodes/Joey/Friends) - Matt appears on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Nico Tortorella (Younger) - Nico guest co-hosts The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.