Monday, July 18, 2016
Sony Pictures Television announced that Tribune Broadcasting's owned or operated stations in 18 major markets will serve as the launch group for the hit family comedy The Goldbergs when it debuts in broadcast syndication in the fall of 2017. Collectively, these 18 Tribune stations reach nearly 37% of U.S. TV Households. The Tribune stations that will broadcast the nostalgic, multi-generational comedy series are: WPIX-TV (New York), KTLA-TV (Los Angeles), WGN-TV, (Chicago), WPHL-TV (Philadelphia), KDAF-TV (Dallas), WDCW-TV (Washington DC), KIAH-TV (Houston), KCPQ-TV/KZJO-TV (Seattle), WSFL-TV (Miami), KWGN-TV/KDVR-TV (Denver), KTVI-TV/KPLR-TV (St. Louis), KRCW-TV (Portland, OR), WXIN-TV (Indianapolis), WTIC-TV (Hartford), WDAF-TV (Kansas City), KFOR-TV/KAUT-TV (Oklahoma City), WHNT-TV (Huntsville) and WQAD-TV (Davenport).
Renewed for a fourth season on ABC, The Goldbergs consistently ranks #1 in its time period (8:30pm, Wednesdays) and grows over its lead in (The Middle) among Adults 18 to 49. It is one of very few series to show year-over-year growth in all three seasons. The series will move to Wednesdays at 8pm this fall on ABC to kick off the "ABC Funny" Wednesday block. From a simpler time, known as the '80s, come the VCR-loving, mixtape-making, spandex-wearing Goldbergs. For geeky and movie obsessed youngest child Adam (Sean Giambrone), his wonder years were spent documenting the hilarious and awkward antics of his colorful family. Mom, Beverly (Wendi McLendon-Covey), is a classic "smother," at her best when she’s meddling, matchmaking and bedazzling her way through life, while dad, Murray (Jeff Garlin), parents from the comfort of his recliner in his underpants. Oldest sister, Erica (Hayley Orrantia) is popular and terrifying, doing her best to cover up that she's the smartest of the clan, and middle child, Barry (Troy Gentile) is a passionate dreamer, who maybe dreams a little too big and so often gets the short end of the stick. Rounding out the family is beloved grandfather, Al "Pops" Solomon (George Segal), the wild man of the clan, a shameless Don Juan who's learning as much from his family as he teaches them.
FX Networks has released a new version of its video on-demand app FXNOW designed to take full advantage of the capabilities of Apple TV (4th generation) and featuring the first-ever opportunity to watch "Simpsons TV" on a streaming device. The new FXNOW app on Apple TV gives viewers the cinematic experience demanded by FX Networks' acclaimed and award-winning series like Fargo, American Horror Story, Archer, Louie and The People v. O.J. Simpson: American Crime Story. The redesigned FXNOW on Apple TV leverages the networks' iconic key art and content to create a rich viewing experience consistent with the FX brand. "Simpsons TV," the latest feature of Simpsons World, is a unique collection of highly curated channels that offer a compelling "lean back" experience similar to linear television but within the on-demand environment of FXNOW. Fans can choose from channels such as "Going Old School" or "Krustylu Studios" that each feature a collection of episodes inspired by distinctive themes. After choosing their own viewing experience from the channel guide, viewers simply sit back and watch episodes. The "Simpsons TV" channels will be constantly updated with content drawn from Simpsons World, the exclusive online source of all 27 seasons of the legendary Emmy(R) Award winning animated television series. "Simpsons TV" channels include:
· SPRINGFIELD GOOGOPLEX
· EVERY. SIMPSONS. EVER
· SPRINGFIELD SHUFFLE
· AZTEC THEATRE DOUBLE FEATURES: FXX WEEKLY STACKS
· KRUSTYLU STUDIOS: JON SWARTZWELDER'S FAVORITES
· CHANNEL 6: SMARTLINE: CRIME AND PUNISHMENT IN SPRINGFIELD
· SIMPSONS ON HOLIDAY: SIMPDOND ACROSS AMERICA
· CHANNEL OCHO: SPRINGFIELD PRIDE
· SIMPSON FAMILY CHANNEL: MARGE IN CHARGE
· THE SPRINGFIELD BIOGRAPHY CHANNEL: EVERYONE LOVES NED FLANDERS!
The Simpsons. Simpsons World also offers episodes of The Simpsons in 4:3 and with audio commentary. For more information about Simpsons World, go to http://www.simpsonsworld.com/.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)
10/04 - The Andy Griffith Show - The Christmas Special (Colorized)
10/04 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #1 (Colorized)
10/11 - Dr. Ken - Season One
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Series
10/11 - Nurse Jackie - Seasons One and Two
10/11 - Weeds - Seasons One and Two
11/01 - Schitt's Creek - Seasons One and Two
11/08 - Family Matters - The Complete Ninth Season
11/08 - Your Family or Mine - Season One
11/15 - Community - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Lucy Show - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Mindy Project - Season Four
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, December 8
The Big Bang Theory - "The Military Miniaturization" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Colonel Williams (Dean Norris), an Air Force representative from the Department of Material Command sits down to talk with Wolowitz.
The Great Indoors - "@Emma" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Emma quits after being turned down for a raise, Jack and Roland become the magazine’s newest and worst ever social media managers. Also, in a misguided attempt to boost business, Eddie re-brands his bar as “magic-themed.”
Mom - "Cornbread and a Cashmere Onesie" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Christy and Bonnie worry about Jill after her cry for help on the anniversary of her mother’s suicide.
Life in Pieces - "Swim Survivor Zen Talk" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When John decides to try out for “Survivor,” Tim gets jealous and attempts to undermine his audition tape. Also, Colleen confesses she can’t swim when she and Matt discuss Hawaii as a honeymoon destination; Jen pretends to get hooked on meditation so she can use the time to play cell phone games; and Heather gives Sophia the “sex” talk. “Survivor” host Jeff Probst guest stars as himself.
Thursday, December 8
- Jennifer Aniston (Friends) - Catch Jennifer on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Lola Kirke (Mozart in the Jungle) - Lola is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- T.J. Miller (Silicon Valley/The Goodwin Games/Carpoolers) - T.J. appears on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Anna Camp (The Mindy Project) - Anna stops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Emeril Lagasse (Emeril) - Emeril guest co-hosts Rachael Ray and makes sausage-stuffed mushrooms, so check your local listings.
- Jodie Sweetin (Fuller House/Full House) and Andrea Barber (Fuller House/Full House) - Jodie and Andrea chat with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT. Jodie joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Judah Friedlander (30 Rock) - Judah is a guest on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Lori Loughlin (Fuller House/Full House) - Lori is a guest on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT. She also talks about what to expect from Season 2 of Fuller House on People Now at 8:30am.
- Scott Patterson (Aliens in America) - Scott talks about Luke and Lorelai’s wedding scene from Gilmore Girls – and if he thinks the two will ever have a baby on People Now at 8:30am.
- Josh Radnor (How I Met Your Mother) - Josh is a guest on the AOL Build Show at 12pm.
- Emmanuelle Chriqui (Entourage) - Emanuelle appears the AOL Build Show 3:45pm.
- Gael Garcia Bernal (Mozart in the Jungle) - Gael is a guest on Chelsea on Netflix.
- Will Smith (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air) - Will appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.