Monday, July 18, 2016
Sony Pictures Television announced that Tribune Broadcasting's owned or operated stations in 18 major markets will serve as the launch group for the hit family comedy The Goldbergs when it debuts in broadcast syndication in the fall of 2017. Collectively, these 18 Tribune stations reach nearly 37% of U.S. TV Households. The Tribune stations that will broadcast the nostalgic, multi-generational comedy series are: WPIX-TV (New York), KTLA-TV (Los Angeles), WGN-TV, (Chicago), WPHL-TV (Philadelphia), KDAF-TV (Dallas), WDCW-TV (Washington DC), KIAH-TV (Houston), KCPQ-TV/KZJO-TV (Seattle), WSFL-TV (Miami), KWGN-TV/KDVR-TV (Denver), KTVI-TV/KPLR-TV (St. Louis), KRCW-TV (Portland, OR), WXIN-TV (Indianapolis), WTIC-TV (Hartford), WDAF-TV (Kansas City), KFOR-TV/KAUT-TV (Oklahoma City), WHNT-TV (Huntsville) and WQAD-TV (Davenport).
Renewed for a fourth season on ABC, The Goldbergs consistently ranks #1 in its time period (8:30pm, Wednesdays) and grows over its lead in (The Middle) among Adults 18 to 49. It is one of very few series to show year-over-year growth in all three seasons. The series will move to Wednesdays at 8pm this fall on ABC to kick off the "ABC Funny" Wednesday block. From a simpler time, known as the '80s, come the VCR-loving, mixtape-making, spandex-wearing Goldbergs. For geeky and movie obsessed youngest child Adam (Sean Giambrone), his wonder years were spent documenting the hilarious and awkward antics of his colorful family. Mom, Beverly (Wendi McLendon-Covey), is a classic "smother," at her best when she’s meddling, matchmaking and bedazzling her way through life, while dad, Murray (Jeff Garlin), parents from the comfort of his recliner in his underpants. Oldest sister, Erica (Hayley Orrantia) is popular and terrifying, doing her best to cover up that she's the smartest of the clan, and middle child, Barry (Troy Gentile) is a passionate dreamer, who maybe dreams a little too big and so often gets the short end of the stick. Rounding out the family is beloved grandfather, Al "Pops" Solomon (George Segal), the wild man of the clan, a shameless Don Juan who's learning as much from his family as he teaches them.
FX Networks has released a new version of its video on-demand app FXNOW designed to take full advantage of the capabilities of Apple TV (4th generation) and featuring the first-ever opportunity to watch "Simpsons TV" on a streaming device. The new FXNOW app on Apple TV gives viewers the cinematic experience demanded by FX Networks' acclaimed and award-winning series like Fargo, American Horror Story, Archer, Louie and The People v. O.J. Simpson: American Crime Story. The redesigned FXNOW on Apple TV leverages the networks' iconic key art and content to create a rich viewing experience consistent with the FX brand. "Simpsons TV," the latest feature of Simpsons World, is a unique collection of highly curated channels that offer a compelling "lean back" experience similar to linear television but within the on-demand environment of FXNOW. Fans can choose from channels such as "Going Old School" or "Krustylu Studios" that each feature a collection of episodes inspired by distinctive themes. After choosing their own viewing experience from the channel guide, viewers simply sit back and watch episodes. The "Simpsons TV" channels will be constantly updated with content drawn from Simpsons World, the exclusive online source of all 27 seasons of the legendary Emmy(R) Award winning animated television series. "Simpsons TV" channels include:
· SPRINGFIELD GOOGOPLEX
· EVERY. SIMPSONS. EVER
· SPRINGFIELD SHUFFLE
· AZTEC THEATRE DOUBLE FEATURES: FXX WEEKLY STACKS
· KRUSTYLU STUDIOS: JON SWARTZWELDER'S FAVORITES
· CHANNEL 6: SMARTLINE: CRIME AND PUNISHMENT IN SPRINGFIELD
· SIMPSONS ON HOLIDAY: SIMPDOND ACROSS AMERICA
· CHANNEL OCHO: SPRINGFIELD PRIDE
· SIMPSON FAMILY CHANNEL: MARGE IN CHARGE
· THE SPRINGFIELD BIOGRAPHY CHANNEL: EVERYONE LOVES NED FLANDERS!
The Simpsons. Simpsons World also offers episodes of The Simpsons in 4:3 and with audio commentary. For more information about Simpsons World, go to http://www.simpsonsworld.com/.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, October 22
Superstore - "Guns, Pills and Birds" (NBC, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Amy (America Ferrera) assigns an uncomfortable Jonah (Ben Feldman) to the gun section of Cloud 9, Jonah abuses his right-to-refuse sale to anyone that causes concern, causing an open-carry protest to gather in the store. On principle, Glenn (Mark McKinney) attempts to purchase all of the store's morning-after pills, but finds himself in a moral dilemma when he can't afford them. Dina (Lauren Ash), Garrett (Colton Dunn) and Mateo (Nico Santos) hunt down a crow that has flown into the store.
The Thundermans - "Happy Heroween" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
It's a major Halloween storm outside, but inside Colosso keeps the family spooked by telling three scary stories that are sure to terrify even the bravest of superheroes.
School of Rock - "Welcome to My Nightmare" (Nickelodeon, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Mr. Finn's class decides to celebrate Halloween in school after Principal Mullins, who hates the holiday, goes home sick. When she returns sooner than expected, they have to scramble to keep her from finding out the truth.
Saturday, October 22
- Jim J. Bullock (Too Close for Comfort) - Jim talks about touring the U.S. in Kinky Boots on Oprah: Where Are They Now? at 10pm ET/PT on OWN.
- Patti LaBelle (Out All Night) - Catch Patti on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Ricky Gervais (The Office) - Watch Ricky on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Tom Hanks (Bosom Buddies) - Tom appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also talks about Inferno on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Elijah Wood (Wilfred) - Elijah is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Ana Gasteyer (People of Earth/Lady Dynamite/Suburgatory) - Ana visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Nick Offerman (Parks and Recreation) - Nick stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ron Howard (Happy Days/The Andy Griffith Show) - Ron appears on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Zooey Deschanel (New Girl) - Zooey is a guest on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Michael Chiklis (Daddio) - Michael drops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Jameela Jamil (The Good Place) - Jameela appears on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Aya Cash (You're the Worst) - Aya talks about You're the Worst on the AOL Build ShoW at 2pm. She will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth) - Will is a guest on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Mary Steenburgen (The Last Man on Earth/Ink) - Mary talks about The Last Man on Earth on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. She will also be on the AOL Build Show at 12:30pm.
- Anna Camp (The Mindy Project) - Anna talks about Good Girls Revolt on People Now at 8:30am.
- James Brolin (Life in Pieces) - James is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.