Monday, July 18, 2016
Sony Pictures Television announced that Tribune Broadcasting's owned or operated stations in 18 major markets will serve as the launch group for the hit family comedy The Goldbergs when it debuts in broadcast syndication in the fall of 2017. Collectively, these 18 Tribune stations reach nearly 37% of U.S. TV Households. The Tribune stations that will broadcast the nostalgic, multi-generational comedy series are: WPIX-TV (New York), KTLA-TV (Los Angeles), WGN-TV, (Chicago), WPHL-TV (Philadelphia), KDAF-TV (Dallas), WDCW-TV (Washington DC), KIAH-TV (Houston), KCPQ-TV/KZJO-TV (Seattle), WSFL-TV (Miami), KWGN-TV/KDVR-TV (Denver), KTVI-TV/KPLR-TV (St. Louis), KRCW-TV (Portland, OR), WXIN-TV (Indianapolis), WTIC-TV (Hartford), WDAF-TV (Kansas City), KFOR-TV/KAUT-TV (Oklahoma City), WHNT-TV (Huntsville) and WQAD-TV (Davenport).
Renewed for a fourth season on ABC, The Goldbergs consistently ranks #1 in its time period (8:30pm, Wednesdays) and grows over its lead in (The Middle) among Adults 18 to 49. It is one of very few series to show year-over-year growth in all three seasons. The series will move to Wednesdays at 8pm this fall on ABC to kick off the "ABC Funny" Wednesday block. From a simpler time, known as the '80s, come the VCR-loving, mixtape-making, spandex-wearing Goldbergs. For geeky and movie obsessed youngest child Adam (Sean Giambrone), his wonder years were spent documenting the hilarious and awkward antics of his colorful family. Mom, Beverly (Wendi McLendon-Covey), is a classic "smother," at her best when she’s meddling, matchmaking and bedazzling her way through life, while dad, Murray (Jeff Garlin), parents from the comfort of his recliner in his underpants. Oldest sister, Erica (Hayley Orrantia) is popular and terrifying, doing her best to cover up that she's the smartest of the clan, and middle child, Barry (Troy Gentile) is a passionate dreamer, who maybe dreams a little too big and so often gets the short end of the stick. Rounding out the family is beloved grandfather, Al "Pops" Solomon (George Segal), the wild man of the clan, a shameless Don Juan who's learning as much from his family as he teaches them.
FX Networks has released a new version of its video on-demand app FXNOW designed to take full advantage of the capabilities of Apple TV (4th generation) and featuring the first-ever opportunity to watch "Simpsons TV" on a streaming device. The new FXNOW app on Apple TV gives viewers the cinematic experience demanded by FX Networks' acclaimed and award-winning series like Fargo, American Horror Story, Archer, Louie and The People v. O.J. Simpson: American Crime Story. The redesigned FXNOW on Apple TV leverages the networks' iconic key art and content to create a rich viewing experience consistent with the FX brand. "Simpsons TV," the latest feature of Simpsons World, is a unique collection of highly curated channels that offer a compelling "lean back" experience similar to linear television but within the on-demand environment of FXNOW. Fans can choose from channels such as "Going Old School" or "Krustylu Studios" that each feature a collection of episodes inspired by distinctive themes. After choosing their own viewing experience from the channel guide, viewers simply sit back and watch episodes. The "Simpsons TV" channels will be constantly updated with content drawn from Simpsons World, the exclusive online source of all 27 seasons of the legendary Emmy(R) Award winning animated television series. "Simpsons TV" channels include:
· SPRINGFIELD GOOGOPLEX
· EVERY. SIMPSONS. EVER
· SPRINGFIELD SHUFFLE
· AZTEC THEATRE DOUBLE FEATURES: FXX WEEKLY STACKS
· KRUSTYLU STUDIOS: JON SWARTZWELDER'S FAVORITES
· CHANNEL 6: SMARTLINE: CRIME AND PUNISHMENT IN SPRINGFIELD
· SIMPSONS ON HOLIDAY: SIMPDOND ACROSS AMERICA
· CHANNEL OCHO: SPRINGFIELD PRIDE
· SIMPSON FAMILY CHANNEL: MARGE IN CHARGE
· THE SPRINGFIELD BIOGRAPHY CHANNEL: EVERYONE LOVES NED FLANDERS!
The Simpsons. Simpsons World also offers episodes of The Simpsons in 4:3 and with audio commentary. For more information about Simpsons World, go to http://www.simpsonsworld.com/.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, September 30
Last Man Standing - "Gameday Forecast: Showers" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When a Jack and Jill wedding shower for Mandy and Kyle is announced, Mike is disappointed to learn it’s on the same day as the big Broncos-Chargers game. In an effort to catch the game with Joe (Jay Leno) and the guys, Mike convinces the couple to hold separate showers. Ryan offers to host the men’s festivities at his place, and to Mike’s dismay, he’s more into party planning than anyone would have thought. Meanwhile, Ed’s convinced that sticking to his superstitious rituals is the only way to see to it that the Broncos pull out a big win, even if it means interfering with Mandy’s wedding shower.
Dr. Ken - "Ken and Allison Share a Patient" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
On Allison’s first work day at Welltopia, she and Ken try to prove the other wrong when it comes to a patient’s diagnosis. After Damona introduces her new boyfriend, Eric, to co-workers, Pat surprises everyone and announces he’s also dating someone. Meanwhile, it’s Dave’s first day of middle school, and he’s nervous he won’t be able to make friends, so he turns to D.K. to help reinvent his image.
Liv and Maddie - "Linda & Heather-a-Rooney" (Disney Channel, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Liv thinks she landed a small role on a hit show called ``Linda and Heather'' but her part turns out to be much bigger; Joey experiences relationship woes.
Bunk'd - "Luke Out Below" (Disney Channel, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Luke comes back to camp and takes Griff and Zuri on an adventure to prove that he's just as responsible as the other CITs.
Love Thy Neighbor - "Three Times" (OWN, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Leslie and Angela try to fix their seemingly broken friendship with Jennifer.
Tyler Perry's For Better or Worse - "The Flower Delivery" (OWN, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Keisha manages to intercept Richard's gift for his new love interest.
Friday, September 30
- Minnie Driver (Speechless/About a Boy) - Watch Minnie on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Nathan Lane (Modern Family/Encore! Encore!/Charlie Lawrence) - Nathan visits The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Abby Elliott (Odd Mom Out) - Abby appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Clark Gregg (The New Adventures of Old Christine) - Clark is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Kristen Bell (The Good Place) - Kristen appears on Chelsea on Netflix.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Margo Martindale (The Millers) - Margo joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Alfonso Ribeiro (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air/In the House/Silver Spoons) - Alfonso will be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Ashley Williams (The Jim Gaffigan Show/How I Met Your Mother/Good Morning, Miami) - Ashley talks about her Hallmark Channel original movie Love on a Limb on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Queen Latifah (Living Single) - Queen Latifah stops by Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Tim Daly (Wings) - Tim talks about Madam Secretary on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Sara Rue (Impastor/Less Than Perfect) and Michael Rosenbaum (Impastor) - Sara and Michael talks about Season 2 of TV Land's Impastor on People Now at 8:30am.