Thursday, July 21, 2016
Tribute marathons are set for the late great Garry Marshall, with Cloo and AMC among the first networks to announce special marathons. In memory of Garry Marshall, CLOO will air an all-day, 24-hour marathon on Saturday, July 23 beginning at 6am featuring his sitcom classics. Airing are: The Odd Couple, Happy Days, Laverne & Shirley, and Mork & Mindy. First up is The Odd Couple from 6-9am, followed by Happy Days from 9am-12pm, Laverne & Shirley from 12-3pm, Mork & Mindy from 3-6pm, more The Odd Couple from 6-9pm, more Happy Days from 9pm-12am, more Laverne & Shirley from 12-3pm and more Mork & Mindy from 3-6pm. This will be a true marathon with no encores, so watch each airing!
AMC will pay tribute to Garry Marshall who passed away this week with back-to-back airings of Pretty Woman tonight (Thursday, July 21) beginning at 8:00 PM ET/PT. AMC is currently the exclusive home of the film. An American actor, director, producer, writer, voice artist, and comedian Garry Marshall's notable credits included creating the hit television series Happy Days, Mork and Mindy and Laverne and Shirley, developing The Odd Couple for television, and directing Pretty Woman, Runaway Bride, Valentine's Day, New Year's Eve, Mother's Day, The Princess Diaries, The Princess Diaries 2: Royal Engagement, among many others. A special "AMC Remembers" slate will introduce each airing. Stay with us for continued updates, if and when more TV networks add tributes.
REELZ announced the two-hour documentary special Robin Williams: Behind Closed Doors which gives viewers an intimate look at his life from his childhood in the suburbs of Chicago to small comedy clubs in Los Angeles, his breakthrough role on the TV show Happy Days as Mork from Ork and his big screen triumphs. While he may have been one of the funniest people in Hollywood, beneath the joy Williams waged a battle with inner demons. Produced by NBC News' Peacock Productions and hosted by Natalie Morales, West Coast anchor of NBC News' TODAY show, Robin Williams: Behind Closed Doors premieres Sunday, August 28 at 9pm ET/ 6pm PT. The special will uncover some of Williams' troubling times but will also reveal some surprising and hilarious behind-the-scenes stories from some of his biggest movies including Good Morning, Vietnam, Mrs. Doubtfire and Aladdin along with interviews from those who personally knew and worked with Williams including Mork & Mindy creator, the late Garry Marshall, and co-star Jay Thomas, Aladdin co-star Scott Weinger, fellow comic Margaret Cho and many more.
Capitalizing on the vast offerings of NBC News historical archives, Robin Williams: Behind Closed Doors features several interviews with Williams throughout his career talking about everything from his own take on his wild comedic style to his deeply personal commitment to helping people in need and his career success with four Oscar(R) nominations and a win for his role in Good Will Hunting.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (February/March)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbrekable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, March 24
Last Man Standing - "Bad Heir Day" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Mike and Vanessa think it’s time for newlyweds Mandy and Kyle to move out, but when Chuck relays some unexpected news about Kyle’s absentee mom, Mike has second thoughts. Meanwhile, Eve tells Ryan that Boyd is making up stories about his Dad’s real job, because he’s embarrassed about being home-schooled.
Dr. Ken - "Clark's Big Surprise" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Ken accidentally finds out that Clark and Connor are planning their surprise wedding, he has to find a way to get everyone to come. But Damona finds out and to get Allison there, she tells her that Ken is going to surprise her by renewing their wedding vows. Guest performances from the Grammy Award-winning band, Train, featuring lead singer Pat Monahan and guitarist Jerry Becker.
Friday, March 24
- Sofia Black-D'Elia (The Mick) - Watch Sofia on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Tracy Morgan (30 Rock/The Tracy Morgan Show) - Tracy is on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Malin Akerman (Trophy Wife/Sin City Saints) - Malin appears on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Zach Galifianakis (Baskets) - Zach is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Laura Dern (Enlightened) - Laura appears on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jermaine Fowler (Superior Donuts) - Jermaine is a guest on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Michael Keaton (Working Stiffs/All's Fair) - Michael visits LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Molly/Samantha Who?) and Ben Falcone (Joey) - Melissa and Ben are guests on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Alfonso Ribeiro (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air/In the House/Silver Spoons) - Alfonso stops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Martha Plimpton (The Real O'Neals/Raising Hope) - Martha appears on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Anthony Anderson (black-ish/Guys with Kids/All About the Andersons) - Anthony chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Carl Reiner (The Dick Van Dyke Show) and Rob Reiner (All in the Family) - Carl and Rob are guests on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Kristen Bell (The Good Place) - Kristen is a guest on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. She also joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Jane Fonda (Grace and Frankie) and Lily Tomlin (Grace and Frankie/Malibu Country) - Jane and Lily talk about Grace and Frankie on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Brooklyn Decker (Grace and Frankie/Friends with Better Lives) - Brooklyn talks about Malibu Country on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Rhea Perlman (Cheers/Kirstie) - Rhea talks about Me and My Grandma on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Emma Roberts (Scream Queens/Unfabulous) - Emma talks about The Blackcoat's Daughter on People Now at 8:30am.
- Josh Henderson (One on One) - Josh is a guest on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.