Thursday, July 21, 2016
Tribute marathons are set for the late great Garry Marshall, with Cloo and AMC among the first networks to announce special marathons. In memory of Garry Marshall, CLOO will air an all-day, 24-hour marathon on Saturday, July 23 beginning at 6am featuring his sitcom classics. Airing are: The Odd Couple, Happy Days, Laverne & Shirley, and Mork & Mindy. First up is The Odd Couple from 6-9am, followed by Happy Days from 9am-12pm, Laverne & Shirley from 12-3pm, Mork & Mindy from 3-6pm, more The Odd Couple from 6-9pm, more Happy Days from 9pm-12am, more Laverne & Shirley from 12-3pm and more Mork & Mindy from 3-6pm. This will be a true marathon with no encores, so watch each airing!
AMC will pay tribute to Garry Marshall who passed away this week with back-to-back airings of Pretty Woman tonight (Thursday, July 21) beginning at 8:00 PM ET/PT. AMC is currently the exclusive home of the film. An American actor, director, producer, writer, voice artist, and comedian Garry Marshall's notable credits included creating the hit television series Happy Days, Mork and Mindy and Laverne and Shirley, developing The Odd Couple for television, and directing Pretty Woman, Runaway Bride, Valentine's Day, New Year's Eve, Mother's Day, The Princess Diaries, The Princess Diaries 2: Royal Engagement, among many others. A special "AMC Remembers" slate will introduce each airing. Stay with us for continued updates, if and when more TV networks add tributes.
REELZ announced the two-hour documentary special Robin Williams: Behind Closed Doors which gives viewers an intimate look at his life from his childhood in the suburbs of Chicago to small comedy clubs in Los Angeles, his breakthrough role on the TV show Happy Days as Mork from Ork and his big screen triumphs. While he may have been one of the funniest people in Hollywood, beneath the joy Williams waged a battle with inner demons. Produced by NBC News' Peacock Productions and hosted by Natalie Morales, West Coast anchor of NBC News' TODAY show, Robin Williams: Behind Closed Doors premieres Sunday, August 28 at 9pm ET/ 6pm PT. The special will uncover some of Williams' troubling times but will also reveal some surprising and hilarious behind-the-scenes stories from some of his biggest movies including Good Morning, Vietnam, Mrs. Doubtfire and Aladdin along with interviews from those who personally knew and worked with Williams including Mork & Mindy creator, the late Garry Marshall, and co-star Jay Thomas, Aladdin co-star Scott Weinger, fellow comic Margaret Cho and many more.
Capitalizing on the vast offerings of NBC News historical archives, Robin Williams: Behind Closed Doors features several interviews with Williams throughout his career talking about everything from his own take on his wild comedic style to his deeply personal commitment to helping people in need and his career success with four Oscar(R) nominations and a win for his role in Good Will Hunting.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (December/January)
12/06 - Family Guy - Season Fourteen
12/13 - American Dad! - Volume 11
12/13 - Newhart - The Complete Seventh Season
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, January 21
The Thundermans - "Better Off Wed" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
The kids learn that Dr. Colosso ruined their parents' wedding years earlier, and want to recreate Hank & Barb's dream day as their anniversary gift. However, Dr. Colosso remains a threat, and they must keep their plans a secret.
Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn - "Keeping Up with the Quadashians" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
After binge watching their favorite reality TV show, the Quads decide their lives are every bit as "reality TV" worthy, and decide to make a show of their own. Guest Stars: Maddie Ziegler, Mackenzie Ziegler
School of Rock - "Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood" (Nickelodeon, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Tomika and Zack work on a love song together, leading to a moment that will change their friendship forever. Summer and Lawrence hang out together for the first time, and Freddy helps Mr. Finn with a problem.
Saturday, January 21
- Phylicia Rashad (The Cosby Show/Cosby) - Phylicia will be featured on Oprah: Where Are They Now? at 10pm ET/PT on OWN.
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal) - Catch NeNe on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Allison Janney (Mom/Mr. Sunshine) - Watch Allison on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- William Shatner ($h*! My Dad Says) and Henry Winkler (Happy Days/Arrested Development/Out of Practice) - William and Henry are guests on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Kevin Nealon (Man with a Plan/Weeds/Hiller and Diller/Champs) - Kevin appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Jade Catta-Preta (Manhattan Love Story) - Jade is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Wendi McClendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Wendi stops by Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Cristela Alonzo (Cristela) - Cristela chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Tika Sumpter (The Game) - Tika appears on The Real, so check your local listings.
- Justina Machado (One Day at a Time) - Justina will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry and Rebecca Romjin talk about Love Locks on NBC's Today in the 9am hour. Jerry will also be on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT and on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Retta (Parks and Recreation) - Retta talks about Girlfriend's Guide to Divorce on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.