Thursday, July 21, 2016
Tribute marathons are set for the late great Garry Marshall, with Cloo and AMC among the first networks to announce special marathons. In memory of Garry Marshall, CLOO will air an all-day, 24-hour marathon on Saturday, July 23 beginning at 6am featuring his sitcom classics. Airing are: The Odd Couple, Happy Days, Laverne & Shirley, and Mork & Mindy. First up is The Odd Couple from 6-9am, followed by Happy Days from 9am-12pm, Laverne & Shirley from 12-3pm, Mork & Mindy from 3-6pm, more The Odd Couple from 6-9pm, more Happy Days from 9pm-12am, more Laverne & Shirley from 12-3pm and more Mork & Mindy from 3-6pm. This will be a true marathon with no encores, so watch each airing!
AMC will pay tribute to Garry Marshall who passed away this week with back-to-back airings of Pretty Woman tonight (Thursday, July 21) beginning at 8:00 PM ET/PT. AMC is currently the exclusive home of the film. An American actor, director, producer, writer, voice artist, and comedian Garry Marshall's notable credits included creating the hit television series Happy Days, Mork and Mindy and Laverne and Shirley, developing The Odd Couple for television, and directing Pretty Woman, Runaway Bride, Valentine's Day, New Year's Eve, Mother's Day, The Princess Diaries, The Princess Diaries 2: Royal Engagement, among many others. A special "AMC Remembers" slate will introduce each airing. Stay with us for continued updates, if and when more TV networks add tributes.
REELZ announced the two-hour documentary special Robin Williams: Behind Closed Doors which gives viewers an intimate look at his life from his childhood in the suburbs of Chicago to small comedy clubs in Los Angeles, his breakthrough role on the TV show Happy Days as Mork from Ork and his big screen triumphs. While he may have been one of the funniest people in Hollywood, beneath the joy Williams waged a battle with inner demons. Produced by NBC News' Peacock Productions and hosted by Natalie Morales, West Coast anchor of NBC News' TODAY show, Robin Williams: Behind Closed Doors premieres Sunday, August 28 at 9pm ET/ 6pm PT. The special will uncover some of Williams' troubling times but will also reveal some surprising and hilarious behind-the-scenes stories from some of his biggest movies including Good Morning, Vietnam, Mrs. Doubtfire and Aladdin along with interviews from those who personally knew and worked with Williams including Mork & Mindy creator, the late Garry Marshall, and co-star Jay Thomas, Aladdin co-star Scott Weinger, fellow comic Margaret Cho and many more.
Capitalizing on the vast offerings of NBC News historical archives, Robin Williams: Behind Closed Doors features several interviews with Williams throughout his career talking about everything from his own take on his wild comedic style to his deeply personal commitment to helping people in need and his career success with four Oscar(R) nominations and a win for his role in Good Will Hunting.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (March/April)
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
04/04 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Fifth Season
04/11 - Father Knows Best - Season Five
04/11 - Schitt's Creek - The Complete Third Season
04/11 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/11 - Veep - The Complete Fifth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, April 29
Henry Danger - "Stuck in Two Holes" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Whaaaat?!? Captain Man and Kid Danger are each stuck in a hole?!? Charlotte and Jasper better go help, 'cuz Schwoz is takin' a bean bath!
Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn - "I Want My Mae B. Back" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
After Mae starts to spend more time with her new boyfriend, Dawn begins to get jealous so enlists Nicky, Ricky, and Dicky to help separate them so that she can have her friend back.
Sunday, April 30
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal) - Catch NeNe on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Chris Pratt (Parks and Recreation) - Watch Chris on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am and LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- America Ferrera (Superstore) - America drops by Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Ike Barinholtz (The Mindy Project) - Ike appears on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Joel McHale (The Great Indoors/Community) - Joel is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jake Johnson (New Girl) - Jake visits The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Hank Azaria (Brockmire/The Simpsons/Free Agents) - Hank stops by Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Al Madrigal (About a Boy/Welcome to the Captain/Gary Unmarried) - Al appears on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Kevin Nealon (Man with a Plan/Weeds/Hiller and Diller/Champs) - Kevin is a guest on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Ashton Kutcher (The Ranch/Two and a Half Men/That '70s Show) - Ashton appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Allison Janney (Mom/Mr. Sunshine) - Allison teams up with Mario Batali to make a cheesy, decadent Gnocchi Al Telefono and dishes about her new Broadway show on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Charlie Hunnam (Undeclared) - Charlie will be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. He will also be on the AOL Build Show at 11:15am.
- Nick Robinson (Melissa & Joey) - Nick talks about his new film Everything, Everything on the AOL Build Show at 1pm.