Thursday, July 21, 2016
Tribute marathons are set for the late great Garry Marshall, with Cloo and AMC among the first networks to announce special marathons. In memory of Garry Marshall, CLOO will air an all-day, 24-hour marathon on Saturday, July 23 beginning at 6am featuring his sitcom classics. Airing are: The Odd Couple, Happy Days, Laverne & Shirley, and Mork & Mindy. First up is The Odd Couple from 6-9am, followed by Happy Days from 9am-12pm, Laverne & Shirley from 12-3pm, Mork & Mindy from 3-6pm, more The Odd Couple from 6-9pm, more Happy Days from 9pm-12am, more Laverne & Shirley from 12-3pm and more Mork & Mindy from 3-6pm. This will be a true marathon with no encores, so watch each airing!
AMC will pay tribute to Garry Marshall who passed away this week with back-to-back airings of Pretty Woman tonight (Thursday, July 21) beginning at 8:00 PM ET/PT. AMC is currently the exclusive home of the film. An American actor, director, producer, writer, voice artist, and comedian Garry Marshall's notable credits included creating the hit television series Happy Days, Mork and Mindy and Laverne and Shirley, developing The Odd Couple for television, and directing Pretty Woman, Runaway Bride, Valentine's Day, New Year's Eve, Mother's Day, The Princess Diaries, The Princess Diaries 2: Royal Engagement, among many others. A special "AMC Remembers" slate will introduce each airing. Stay with us for continued updates, if and when more TV networks add tributes.
REELZ announced the two-hour documentary special Robin Williams: Behind Closed Doors which gives viewers an intimate look at his life from his childhood in the suburbs of Chicago to small comedy clubs in Los Angeles, his breakthrough role on the TV show Happy Days as Mork from Ork and his big screen triumphs. While he may have been one of the funniest people in Hollywood, beneath the joy Williams waged a battle with inner demons. Produced by NBC News' Peacock Productions and hosted by Natalie Morales, West Coast anchor of NBC News' TODAY show, Robin Williams: Behind Closed Doors premieres Sunday, August 28 at 9pm ET/ 6pm PT. The special will uncover some of Williams' troubling times but will also reveal some surprising and hilarious behind-the-scenes stories from some of his biggest movies including Good Morning, Vietnam, Mrs. Doubtfire and Aladdin along with interviews from those who personally knew and worked with Williams including Mork & Mindy creator, the late Garry Marshall, and co-star Jay Thomas, Aladdin co-star Scott Weinger, fellow comic Margaret Cho and many more.
Capitalizing on the vast offerings of NBC News historical archives, Robin Williams: Behind Closed Doors features several interviews with Williams throughout his career talking about everything from his own take on his wild comedic style to his deeply personal commitment to helping people in need and his career success with four Oscar(R) nominations and a win for his role in Good Will Hunting.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, September 29
Superstore - "Back to Work" (NBC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Jeff (recurring guest star Michael Bunin), the district manager from corporate, tells the Cloud 9 employees he is going to be around for the day to see what can improve in the store. Amy (America Ferrera) tries to impress him with a perfect day, but a workplace accident threatens her plan. Meanwhile, Glenn (Mark McKinney) tries to come off as a tough boss in front of Jeff, Jonah (Ben Feldman) attempts to help an unyielding Dina (Lauren Ash) win over the employees she betrayed in the strike and Mateo (Nico Santos) discovers something about Jeff in his pursuit to win him over.
The Good Place - "Jason Mendoza" (NBC, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Eleanor (Kristen Bell) faces her toughest test yet in her attempt to remain in hiding. Meanwhile, Michael (Ted Danson) enlists Tahani (Jameela Jamil) to help a fellow neighbor fulfill her true purpose.
The Big Bang Theory - "The Earworm Reverberation" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Sheldon has a revelation when he realizes why a song was stuck in his head. Also, Amy invites Dave (Stephen Merchant) over for dinner despite their previously awkward date, and Wolowitz and Koothrappali become obsessed with a fan of their band, “Footprints on the Moon.”
Kevin Can Wait - "Pilot" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Kevin James stars as a newly retired police officer looking forward to spending carefree, quality time with his wife and three kids, only to find he faces tougher challenges at home than he ever did on the streets.
Better Things - "Woman Is the Something of the Something" (FX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Sam gets really looked at.
Thursday, September 29
- Judith Light (Transparent/Phenom/Who's the Boss?) - Catch Judith on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Tim Meadows (Son of Zorn/Marry Me/The Michael Richards Show) - Tim appears on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He will also be on the AOL Build Show at 3pm.
- Max Greenfield (New Girl/Modern Men) - Max drops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ken Jeong (Dr. Ken/Community), Dave Foley (Dr. Ken/NewsRadio) and Suzy Nakamura (Dr. Ken/Go On) - Ken, Dave and Suzy are guests on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight. Ken will also be on Harry, so check your local listings.
- January Jones (The Last Man on Earth) - January stops by Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Sarah Jessica Parker (Divorce/Sex and the City/Square Pegs) - Sarah appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Alfonso Ribeiro (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air/In the House/Silver Spoons) - Alfonso joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT. He will also be on the AOL Build Show at 11am.
- Holland Taylor (Two and a Half Men/The Powers That Be) - Holland talks about The Front Page on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Jamie-Lynn Sigler (Guys with Kids) - Jamie-Lynn is a guest on Good Day New York on WNYW-Fox5 in New York sometime between 7-10am and on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Kristen Bell (The Good Place) - Kristen appears on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.