Wednesday, July 13, 2016
Ensign O'Toole, the short-lived sitcom that aired in the 1962-1963 season is joining the getTV daytime block. It started this week (July 11) and is airing at 7:35 a.m. ET. Dean Jones stars in the titular role, as a fun-loving officer whose shenanigans bring levity to the battleship Appleby, while drawing the ire of Lt. St. John (Jack Mullaney). The series also stars Jack Albertson, Harvey Lembeck, and Beau Bridges in his first major TV role. Notable guests include Dub Taylor, John McGiver, and Soupy Sales. Viewers got a preview of Ensign O'Toole with four classic episodes, airing as part of the network's "Get Lost In TV" block on Wednesday, July 6 at 8pm ET, but now you can watch it weekdays at 7:35am. All 32 episodes will air. Moving on to the 24 Hours of Westerns block (Saturdays from 12pm to Sundays at 12pm), Sundays at 9:30am, another lost gem, drama Father Murphy (1981-1983) is airing. Merlin Olsen poses as a priest to help a teacher (Katharine Cannon) and the young orphans in her care, in this drama created by Michael Landon. Notable guests include Corey Feldman, Christina Applegate, Shannen Doherty, & James Cromwell. Father Murphy will also air as part of getTV's "Get Lost In TV" block tonight (Wednesday, July 13) at 8pm ET.
Another lost gem is airing Sundays at 10:45am, Seven Brides for Seven Brothers (1982-1983). Based on the popular musical of the same name, this series stars Richard Dean Anderson, Peter Horton, Drake Hogestyn and River Phoenix in his acting debut, as a brothers working to keep their ranch together 10 years after their parent's death. Notable guests include Joaquin Phoenix in his first role, as well as Cameron Mitchell, Eric Stoltz, Charles Napier, & Levon Helm. Seven Brides for Seven Brothers will also air as part of getTV's "Get Lost In TV" block on Wednesday, July 20 at 8pm ET. And finally, Saturdays at 3:15 p.m. & 3:50 p.m. ET, Tombstone Territory (1957-1960) is airing. Pat Conway stars as Sheriff Clay Hollister, a lawman trying to tame the "town too tough to die," with the help of newspaper editor Harris Claibourne (Richard Eastham). Notable guests include Michael Landon, James Coburn, Lon Chaney Jr., Leonard Nimoy, Dyan Cannon, Angie Dickinson, and Lee Van Cleef. Tombstone Territory will air as part of getTV's "Get Lost In TV" block on Wednesday, July 27 at 8pm.
Decades Network, the multicast TV network from Weigel Broadcasting Co. and CBS Television Stations, announced a special full day programming event looking back and remembering the historic 1969 Moon Landing. Airing on Wednesday, July 20, the 47th anniversary of Apollo 11, Decades will present original, historical and compelling programming spotlighting America's 11-year journey that culminated with Neil Armstrong's and Buzz Aldrin's first steps on the lunar surface. The broadcast event begins with a special edition of Through the Decades, the network's original daily program. Hosted by award-winning journalist Bill Kurtis, this 90-minute special Go: The Great Race features original interviews with Astronauts Buzz Aldrin and Jim Lovell, as well as Mercury space program engineers and journalist George Leopold. They recount the 11 years of creativity and commitment through success and tragedy that led to fulfilling President Kennedy's bold promise to "land a man on the moon, and return him safely to Earth."
The full day celebration of the moon landing on Decades continues with The Dick Cavett Show and his 1995 interview with director Ron Howard as they discuss the movie Apollo 13. Next, One Small Step pays tribute to the first man on the moon Neil Armstrong, who narrated his historic feat with the famous words; "That's one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind." America's fascination with space in the 1960's was also reflected on popular television shows. Decades presents two imaginative space themed episodes of The Twilight Zone, followed by an episode of the ultimate space exploration TV show Star Trek.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (March/April)
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
04/04 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Fifth Season
04/11 - Father Knows Best - Season Five
04/11 - Schitt's Creek - The Complete Third Season
04/11 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/11 - Veep - The Complete Fifth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, April 22
Henry Danger - "Green Fingers" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
fter Schwoz creates a disease that accidentally effects Charlotte, Henry, his family, and even Ray, he quarantines them in Henry’s house in order to find a cure.
Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn - "This Little Piggy Went to the Harpers" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When The Quads kidnap a rival soccer team’s pig mascot as a prank, they have to pass it off as Anne’s surprise birthday present in order to not get caught forgetting her birthday.
Monday, April 24
- Kathryn Hahn (Happyish/Transparent/Free Agents) - Watch Kathryn on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. She also talks about the new series I Love Dick on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Allison Janney (Mom/Mr. Sunshine) - Allison appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. She also chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Jim Gaffigan (The Jim Gaffigan Show/My Boys/Welcome to New York) - Jim visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Andrea Martin (Great News/Difficult People/Working the Engels) - Andrea stops by Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Briga Heelan (Great News/Ground Floor) - Briga is a guest on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Matt Walsh (Veep), Mary Holland (Blunt Talk) and Timothy Simons (Veep) - Matt, Mary and Timothy are guests on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Kumail Nanjiani (Silicon Valley) - Kumail drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- John Leguizamo (The Brothers Garcia) - John guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Cobie Smulders (How I Met Your Mother) - Cobie talks about making her Broadway debut in Present Laughter on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Katie Gill (Baby Daddy) - Katie is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends/The Comeback) - Lisa joins Clinton Kelly in the kitchen to make a delicious dessert with an ingredient she’s never had before—Rhubarb on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Alfonso Ribeiro (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air/In the House/Silver Spoons) - Alfonso will be on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Kate Walsh (Bad Judge/The Drew Carey Show) - Kate talks about 13 Reasons Why on the AOL Build Show at 11am.
- Ron Howard (Happy Days/The Andy Griffith Show) - Ron is a guest on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.