Wednesday, July 13, 2016
Ensign O'Toole, the short-lived sitcom that aired in the 1962-1963 season is joining the getTV daytime block. It started this week (July 11) and is airing at 7:35 a.m. ET. Dean Jones stars in the titular role, as a fun-loving officer whose shenanigans bring levity to the battleship Appleby, while drawing the ire of Lt. St. John (Jack Mullaney). The series also stars Jack Albertson, Harvey Lembeck, and Beau Bridges in his first major TV role. Notable guests include Dub Taylor, John McGiver, and Soupy Sales. Viewers got a preview of Ensign O'Toole with four classic episodes, airing as part of the network's "Get Lost In TV" block on Wednesday, July 6 at 8pm ET, but now you can watch it weekdays at 7:35am. All 32 episodes will air. Moving on to the 24 Hours of Westerns block (Saturdays from 12pm to Sundays at 12pm), Sundays at 9:30am, another lost gem, drama Father Murphy (1981-1983) is airing. Merlin Olsen poses as a priest to help a teacher (Katharine Cannon) and the young orphans in her care, in this drama created by Michael Landon. Notable guests include Corey Feldman, Christina Applegate, Shannen Doherty, & James Cromwell. Father Murphy will also air as part of getTV's "Get Lost In TV" block tonight (Wednesday, July 13) at 8pm ET.
Another lost gem is airing Sundays at 10:45am, Seven Brides for Seven Brothers (1982-1983). Based on the popular musical of the same name, this series stars Richard Dean Anderson, Peter Horton, Drake Hogestyn and River Phoenix in his acting debut, as a brothers working to keep their ranch together 10 years after their parent's death. Notable guests include Joaquin Phoenix in his first role, as well as Cameron Mitchell, Eric Stoltz, Charles Napier, & Levon Helm. Seven Brides for Seven Brothers will also air as part of getTV's "Get Lost In TV" block on Wednesday, July 20 at 8pm ET. And finally, Saturdays at 3:15 p.m. & 3:50 p.m. ET, Tombstone Territory (1957-1960) is airing. Pat Conway stars as Sheriff Clay Hollister, a lawman trying to tame the "town too tough to die," with the help of newspaper editor Harris Claibourne (Richard Eastham). Notable guests include Michael Landon, James Coburn, Lon Chaney Jr., Leonard Nimoy, Dyan Cannon, Angie Dickinson, and Lee Van Cleef. Tombstone Territory will air as part of getTV's "Get Lost In TV" block on Wednesday, July 27 at 8pm.
Decades Network, the multicast TV network from Weigel Broadcasting Co. and CBS Television Stations, announced a special full day programming event looking back and remembering the historic 1969 Moon Landing. Airing on Wednesday, July 20, the 47th anniversary of Apollo 11, Decades will present original, historical and compelling programming spotlighting America's 11-year journey that culminated with Neil Armstrong's and Buzz Aldrin's first steps on the lunar surface. The broadcast event begins with a special edition of Through the Decades, the network's original daily program. Hosted by award-winning journalist Bill Kurtis, this 90-minute special Go: The Great Race features original interviews with Astronauts Buzz Aldrin and Jim Lovell, as well as Mercury space program engineers and journalist George Leopold. They recount the 11 years of creativity and commitment through success and tragedy that led to fulfilling President Kennedy's bold promise to "land a man on the moon, and return him safely to Earth."
The full day celebration of the moon landing on Decades continues with The Dick Cavett Show and his 1995 interview with director Ron Howard as they discuss the movie Apollo 13. Next, One Small Step pays tribute to the first man on the moon Neil Armstrong, who narrated his historic feat with the famous words; "That's one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind." America's fascination with space in the 1960's was also reflected on popular television shows. Decades presents two imaginative space themed episodes of The Twilight Zone, followed by an episode of the ultimate space exploration TV show Star Trek.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (February/March)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbrekable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, March 25
Henry Danger - "Gas or Fail" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Captain Man finds himself trapped underground, Henry must devise a way to sneak out of his school's standardized testing to save Ray.
Game Shakers - "Llama Llama Spit Spit" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
After the Game Shakers get kicked out of Fooders to make room for a guest who has his photo on the wall, Babe becomes determined to get their own photo up using any means necessary.
Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn - "To Be Invited or Not to Be" (Nickelodeon, 9:00PM ET/PT)
The quads make a new friend, an amazing inventor, but when not all of them get invited back to hang out again, they start to wonder why.
Love Thy Neighbor - "Better Late Than Never" (OWN, 9:00PM ET/PT)
A missed call leaves Danny and his family in a bad place.
Love Thy Neighbor - "Make Up or Make Out" (OWN, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Still upset with his friends, Danny takes the advice of his family.
Sunday, March 26
- Sanaa Lathan (Family Guy/The Cleveland Show/LateLine) - Catch Sanaa on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Chris Pratt (Parks and Recreation) - Watch Chris on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Richard Dreyfuss (Your Family or Mine) - Richard appears on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Lily Tomlin (Grace and Frankie/Malibu Country) and Jane Fonda (Grace and Frankie) - Lily and Jane are guests on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. They also chat with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Craig Ferguson (The Drew Carey Show) - Craig visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He will also be on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Rachel Dratch (Imaginary Mary) - Rachel is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Pete Holmes (Crashing) - Pete stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jenna Elfman (Imaginary Mary/1600 Penn/Accidentally on Purpose/Courting Alex/Dharma & Greg) - Jenna appears on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Ron Funches (Powerless/Undateable) - Ron is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Kaitlin Olson (The Mick/It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia) - Kaitlin drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Wendi McLendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Wendi appears on a repeat of Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends/The Comeback) - Lisa is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Mark Consuelos (Alpha House/Hope & Faith) - Mark guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Tahj Mowry, Derek Theler and Jean-Luc Bilodeau (Baby Daddy) - Tahj, Derek and Jean-Luc are guests on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Tika Sumpter (The Game) - Tika appears on a repeat of The Real, so check your local listings.
- Vanessa Bell Calloway (Rhythm & Blues) - Vanessa is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- June Diane Raphael (Grace and Frankie) - June talks about Grace and Frankie on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Molly/Samantha Who?) and Ben Falcone (Joey) - Melissa and Ben talk TV Land's Nobodies on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Brooklyn Decker (Grace and Frankie/Friends with Better Lives) - Brookyln stops by People Now at 8:30am.
- Marcia Gay Harden (Trophy Wife) - Marcia opens up about her favorite part of being in the 50 Shades movies on People Now at 8:30am. \
- Tracee Ellis Ross (black-ish/Girlfriends) - Tracee dishes about her Golden Globe win on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 2am on BET or on your local stations.