Tuesday, June 28, 2016
Freeform's No. 1 comedy Baby Daddy has been picked up for a sixth season which will take the series to 100 episodes. The hit comedy launched the back-half of its fifth season June 1 to time-period winning ratings and has grown in subsequent weeks to near 1-year ratings highs in key target demographics. In season six, Ben will remain on his quest to find the "girl of his dreams" and Emma's new mom while Danny and Riley figure out their future. Baby Daddy follows Ben (Jean-Luc Bilodeau), a young man in New York City living a bachelor's life with his buddy, Tucker (Tahj Mowry), and his brother, Danny (Derek Theler), a professional hockey player. Their lives are turned upside down when they came home one day to find a baby girl left on the doorstep by an ex-girlfriend of Ben's. Ben and his close-knit family and friends, including his overbearing mom Bonnie (Melissa Peterman) and close friend Riley (Chelsea Kane) band together to raise baby Emma together, navigating lives and loves with a kid in tow.
Baby Daddy currently airs on Wednesdays at 8:30 p.m. EDT on Freeform. You can catch a sneak peek clip from the episode on Wednesday, June 29, here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NoifQG1KuwI. Baby Daddy stars Jean-Luc Bilodeau, Derek Theler, Tahj Mowry, with Melissa Peterman and Chelsea Kane. Baby Daddy is a multi-camera comedy that shoots in front of a live studio audience in Los Angeles. The Baby Daddy pick-up joins other recently announced Freeform programming including series Famous In Love, Marvel's Cloak and Dagger, Ben and Lauren: Happily Ever After and pilot Issues.
Award-winning actor, Jon Cryer (sitcom Two and a Half Men), sets flight for a journey that tops his bucket list in the first installment of Travel Channel's new series of specials, Celebrity Adventure Club, premiering on Friday, July 1 at 11:00 p.m. ET/PT. In each hour-long feature, Travel Channel hands the camera to some of the world's biggest stars and asks them to explore what compels and inspires them, taking viewers along as they travel around the world on an intimate adventure of discovery and exploration.
In the premiere, Cryer - an avid space enthusiast - suits up for a trip to the global hubs of all space activity: Washington, D.C., Houston and Russia. In each location, Cryer delves into the world of space travel firsthand, meeting with real-life astronauts at iconic locations such as NASA Headquarters, the Johnson Space Center and Russia's Yuri Gagarin Cosmonaut Training Center. Cryer gains a deeper understanding of space programs and experiences firsthand the same exercises that American astronauts and Russian cosmonauts undergo for their missions - including zero gravity training, spending time inside Space Station and Space Shuttle mock-ups and testing his body's limits in a centrifuge. Cryer gets a true feel for Russian culture as he experiences a celebratory parade replete with tanks and vodka, explores the busy streets of Moscow and samples local cuisine.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (December/January)
12/06 - Family Guy - Season Fourteen
12/13 - American Dad! - Volume 11
12/13 - Newhart - The Complete Seventh Season
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, January 21
The Thundermans - "Better Off Wed" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
The kids learn that Dr. Colosso ruined their parents' wedding years earlier, and want to recreate Hank & Barb's dream day as their anniversary gift. However, Dr. Colosso remains a threat, and they must keep their plans a secret.
Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn - "Keeping Up with the Quadashians" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
After binge watching their favorite reality TV show, the Quads decide their lives are every bit as "reality TV" worthy, and decide to make a show of their own. Guest Stars: Maddie Ziegler, Mackenzie Ziegler
School of Rock - "Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood" (Nickelodeon, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Tomika and Zack work on a love song together, leading to a moment that will change their friendship forever. Summer and Lawrence hang out together for the first time, and Freddy helps Mr. Finn with a problem.
Saturday, January 21
- Phylicia Rashad (The Cosby Show/Cosby) - Phylicia will be featured on Oprah: Where Are They Now? at 10pm ET/PT on OWN.
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal) - Catch NeNe on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Allison Janney (Mom/Mr. Sunshine) - Watch Allison on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- William Shatner ($h*! My Dad Says) and Henry Winkler (Happy Days/Arrested Development/Out of Practice) - William and Henry are guests on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Kevin Nealon (Man with a Plan/Weeds/Hiller and Diller/Champs) - Kevin appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Jade Catta-Preta (Manhattan Love Story) - Jade is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Wendi McClendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Wendi stops by Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Cristela Alonzo (Cristela) - Cristela chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Tika Sumpter (The Game) - Tika appears on The Real, so check your local listings.
- Justina Machado (One Day at a Time) - Justina will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry and Rebecca Romjin talk about Love Locks on NBC's Today in the 9am hour. Jerry will also be on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT and on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Retta (Parks and Recreation) - Retta talks about Girlfriend's Guide to Divorce on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.