Tuesday, June 28, 2016
Freeform's No. 1 comedy Baby Daddy has been picked up for a sixth season which will take the series to 100 episodes. The hit comedy launched the back-half of its fifth season June 1 to time-period winning ratings and has grown in subsequent weeks to near 1-year ratings highs in key target demographics. In season six, Ben will remain on his quest to find the "girl of his dreams" and Emma's new mom while Danny and Riley figure out their future. Baby Daddy follows Ben (Jean-Luc Bilodeau), a young man in New York City living a bachelor's life with his buddy, Tucker (Tahj Mowry), and his brother, Danny (Derek Theler), a professional hockey player. Their lives are turned upside down when they came home one day to find a baby girl left on the doorstep by an ex-girlfriend of Ben's. Ben and his close-knit family and friends, including his overbearing mom Bonnie (Melissa Peterman) and close friend Riley (Chelsea Kane) band together to raise baby Emma together, navigating lives and loves with a kid in tow.
Baby Daddy currently airs on Wednesdays at 8:30 p.m. EDT on Freeform. You can catch a sneak peek clip from the episode on Wednesday, June 29, here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NoifQG1KuwI. Baby Daddy stars Jean-Luc Bilodeau, Derek Theler, Tahj Mowry, with Melissa Peterman and Chelsea Kane. Baby Daddy is a multi-camera comedy that shoots in front of a live studio audience in Los Angeles. The Baby Daddy pick-up joins other recently announced Freeform programming including series Famous In Love, Marvel's Cloak and Dagger, Ben and Lauren: Happily Ever After and pilot Issues.
Award-winning actor, Jon Cryer (sitcom Two and a Half Men), sets flight for a journey that tops his bucket list in the first installment of Travel Channel's new series of specials, Celebrity Adventure Club, premiering on Friday, July 1 at 11:00 p.m. ET/PT. In each hour-long feature, Travel Channel hands the camera to some of the world's biggest stars and asks them to explore what compels and inspires them, taking viewers along as they travel around the world on an intimate adventure of discovery and exploration.
In the premiere, Cryer - an avid space enthusiast - suits up for a trip to the global hubs of all space activity: Washington, D.C., Houston and Russia. In each location, Cryer delves into the world of space travel firsthand, meeting with real-life astronauts at iconic locations such as NASA Headquarters, the Johnson Space Center and Russia's Yuri Gagarin Cosmonaut Training Center. Cryer gains a deeper understanding of space programs and experiences firsthand the same exercises that American astronauts and Russian cosmonauts undergo for their missions - including zero gravity training, spending time inside Space Station and Space Shuttle mock-ups and testing his body's limits in a centrifuge. Cryer gets a true feel for Russian culture as he experiences a celebratory parade replete with tanks and vodka, explores the busy streets of Moscow and samples local cuisine.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)
10/04 - The Andy Griffith Show - The Christmas Special (Colorized)
10/04 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #1 (Colorized)
10/11 - Dr. Ken - Season One
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Series
10/11 - Nurse Jackie - Seasons One and Two
10/11 - Weeds - Seasons One and Two
11/01 - Schitt's Creek - Seasons One and Two
11/08 - Family Matters - The Complete Ninth Season
11/08 - Your Family or Mine - Season One
11/15 - Community - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Lucy Show - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Mindy Project - Season Four
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, December 5
Kevin Can Wait - "Kevin's Bringing Supper Back" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Kevin’s resolve to spend more quality time with his family is put to the ultimate test when his buddies surprise him with concert tickets to his favorite musician, fellow Long Islander Billy Joel. Multiple Grammy Award-winning pianist, singer and songwriter Billy Joel appears as himself.
Man with a Plan - "Holey War" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When the kids won’t admit who put a hole in the wall, Adam and Andi team up to get the culprit to confess.
2 Broke Girls - "And the About FaceTime" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
When Randy and Max get tired of Caroline being the third wheel on their FaceTime dates, Randy sets her up with one of his co-workers. Also, Oleg is distraught when Sophie tells him to trade in his beloved car for a minivan.
The Big Bang Theory - "The Celebration Experimentation" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
After more than nine years together, the gang finally celebrates Sheldon’s birthday, surprising him with a special guest. Christine Baranski, John Ross Bowie, Sara Gilbert and Wil Wheaton return, joined by special guest star Adam West.
American Dad - "Bahama Mama" (TBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Stan gets upset at the idea of becoming a grandfather after Hayley and Jeff announced they're trying to have a baby; Steve and Klaus join a drug gang.
People of Earth - "Last Day on Earth" (TBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Gerry says goodbye to StarCrossed as he readies for his own long-awaited experience; Jonathan Walsh shares game changing information with Ozzie; Don and Kelly go on a date.
Monday, December 5
- Will Smith (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air) - Watch Will on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Steve Harvey (The Steve Harvey Show) - Steve visits The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. He chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Jason Bateman (Arrested Development/The Hogan Family/It's Your Move) - Jason visits The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Gael García Bernal (Mozart in the Jungle) - Gael is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Emmanuelle Chriqui (Entourage) - Emmanuelle drops by Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Steve Agee (The Sarah Silverman Program) - Steve appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- The Cast of Fuller House - The cast of Fuller House are guests on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Patricia Heaton (The Middle/Back to You/Everybody Loves Raymond) - Patricia stops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Miss Piggy (The Muppets) - Miss Piggy and Harry perform Deck the Halls on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Meredith Hagner (Search Party/Men at Work) - Meredith is a guest on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Lauren Graham (The Odd Couple/Conrad Bloom/Townies) - Lauren appears on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- T.J. Miller (Silicon Valley/The Goodwin Games/Carpoolers) - T.J. talks about Office Christmas Party on the AOL Build Show at 3pm. He will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET. He can also be heard on The Morning Mash Up on SiriusXM at 9:50am.
- Bradley Whitford (Happyish/Trophy Wife) - Bradley is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Josh McDermitt (Retired at 35) - Josh can be heard on The Morning Mash Up on SiriusXM at 10:45am.
- Erinn Hayes (Kevin Can Wait/Guys with Kids/Worst Week) - Erinn talks about Kevin Can Wait on the AOL Build Show at 4pm.