Tuesday, June 28, 2016
Freeform's No. 1 comedy Baby Daddy has been picked up for a sixth season which will take the series to 100 episodes. The hit comedy launched the back-half of its fifth season June 1 to time-period winning ratings and has grown in subsequent weeks to near 1-year ratings highs in key target demographics. In season six, Ben will remain on his quest to find the "girl of his dreams" and Emma's new mom while Danny and Riley figure out their future. Baby Daddy follows Ben (Jean-Luc Bilodeau), a young man in New York City living a bachelor's life with his buddy, Tucker (Tahj Mowry), and his brother, Danny (Derek Theler), a professional hockey player. Their lives are turned upside down when they came home one day to find a baby girl left on the doorstep by an ex-girlfriend of Ben's. Ben and his close-knit family and friends, including his overbearing mom Bonnie (Melissa Peterman) and close friend Riley (Chelsea Kane) band together to raise baby Emma together, navigating lives and loves with a kid in tow.
Baby Daddy currently airs on Wednesdays at 8:30 p.m. EDT on Freeform. You can catch a sneak peek clip from the episode on Wednesday, June 29, here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NoifQG1KuwI. Baby Daddy stars Jean-Luc Bilodeau, Derek Theler, Tahj Mowry, with Melissa Peterman and Chelsea Kane. Baby Daddy is a multi-camera comedy that shoots in front of a live studio audience in Los Angeles. The Baby Daddy pick-up joins other recently announced Freeform programming including series Famous In Love, Marvel's Cloak and Dagger, Ben and Lauren: Happily Ever After and pilot Issues.
Award-winning actor, Jon Cryer (sitcom Two and a Half Men), sets flight for a journey that tops his bucket list in the first installment of Travel Channel's new series of specials, Celebrity Adventure Club, premiering on Friday, July 1 at 11:00 p.m. ET/PT. In each hour-long feature, Travel Channel hands the camera to some of the world's biggest stars and asks them to explore what compels and inspires them, taking viewers along as they travel around the world on an intimate adventure of discovery and exploration.
In the premiere, Cryer - an avid space enthusiast - suits up for a trip to the global hubs of all space activity: Washington, D.C., Houston and Russia. In each location, Cryer delves into the world of space travel firsthand, meeting with real-life astronauts at iconic locations such as NASA Headquarters, the Johnson Space Center and Russia's Yuri Gagarin Cosmonaut Training Center. Cryer gains a deeper understanding of space programs and experiences firsthand the same exercises that American astronauts and Russian cosmonauts undergo for their missions - including zero gravity training, spending time inside Space Station and Space Shuttle mock-ups and testing his body's limits in a centrifuge. Cryer gets a true feel for Russian culture as he experiences a celebratory parade replete with tanks and vodka, explores the busy streets of Moscow and samples local cuisine.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, September 29
Superstore - "Back to Work" (NBC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Jeff (recurring guest star Michael Bunin), the district manager from corporate, tells the Cloud 9 employees he is going to be around for the day to see what can improve in the store. Amy (America Ferrera) tries to impress him with a perfect day, but a workplace accident threatens her plan. Meanwhile, Glenn (Mark McKinney) tries to come off as a tough boss in front of Jeff, Jonah (Ben Feldman) attempts to help an unyielding Dina (Lauren Ash) win over the employees she betrayed in the strike and Mateo (Nico Santos) discovers something about Jeff in his pursuit to win him over.
The Good Place - "Jason Mendoza" (NBC, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Eleanor (Kristen Bell) faces her toughest test yet in her attempt to remain in hiding. Meanwhile, Michael (Ted Danson) enlists Tahani (Jameela Jamil) to help a fellow neighbor fulfill her true purpose.
The Big Bang Theory - "The Earworm Reverberation" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Sheldon has a revelation when he realizes why a song was stuck in his head. Also, Amy invites Dave (Stephen Merchant) over for dinner despite their previously awkward date, and Wolowitz and Koothrappali become obsessed with a fan of their band, “Footprints on the Moon.”
Kevin Can Wait - "Pilot" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Kevin James stars as a newly retired police officer looking forward to spending carefree, quality time with his wife and three kids, only to find he faces tougher challenges at home than he ever did on the streets.
Better Things - "Woman Is the Something of the Something" (FX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Sam gets really looked at.
Thursday, September 29
- Judith Light (Transparent/Phenom/Who's the Boss?) - Catch Judith on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Tim Meadows (Son of Zorn/Marry Me/The Michael Richards Show) - Tim appears on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He will also be on the AOL Build Show at 3pm.
- Max Greenfield (New Girl/Modern Men) - Max drops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ken Jeong (Dr. Ken/Community), Dave Foley (Dr. Ken/NewsRadio) and Suzy Nakamura (Dr. Ken/Go On) - Ken, Dave and Suzy are guests on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight. Ken will also be on Harry, so check your local listings.
- January Jones (The Last Man on Earth) - January stops by Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Sarah Jessica Parker (Divorce/Sex and the City/Square Pegs) - Sarah appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Alfonso Ribeiro (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air/In the House/Silver Spoons) - Alfonso joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT. He will also be on the AOL Build Show at 11am.
- Holland Taylor (Two and a Half Men/The Powers That Be) - Holland talks about The Front Page on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Jamie-Lynn Sigler (Guys with Kids) - Jamie-Lynn is a guest on Good Day New York on WNYW-Fox5 in New York sometime between 7-10am and on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Kristen Bell (The Good Place) - Kristen appears on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.