Monday, April 11, 2016
LAFF, the country's first-ever, over-the-air broadcast television network devoted to comedy around-the-clock, added to its lineup of the most popular and biggest EMMY-winning sitcoms in contemporary television acquiring the broadcast television rights to five hit series from Carsey-Werner Productions. In the multi-year licensing agreements announced today, LAFF acquires: Roseanne (Nine seasons, 222 episodes), That '70s Show (Eight seasons, 200 eps), 3rd Rock from the Sun (Six seasons, 139 eps), Grounded for Life (Five seasons, 91 eps) and Cybill (Four seasons, 87 eps). There is no set timeframe on when they will launch on the network just yet. As of now, they are not slated thru end of May. LAFF currently airs The Drew Carey Show, Spin City, Empty Nest, Ellen, The Bernie Mac Show, Night Court and Carsey-Werner's Grace Under Fire. The network is closing in on its first anniversary this week (April 15). Stay with us for continued updates as these five sitcoms join the line-up. Will any of the current sitcoms be leaving? You'll have to stay tuned!
Groovy! The Brady Bunch is coming to Logo starting this morning! It will air five days a week every morning starting at 9am following I Dream of Jeannie (starting at 6am). The Brady Bunch will vary from day to day, as sometimes it will air thru 6pm and some days thru 1pm. Roseanne, The Nanny, Sabrina the Teenage Witch, Designing Women, and Samantha Who? are the other sitcoms still on the line-up with this new addition. The Brady Bunch currently also airs on The MeTV Network, but hasn't been on cable lately, as TV Land aired it last in 2015. Prior to TV Land, The Brady Bunch was briefly on The Hallmark Channel. Stay with us for continued updates on The Brady Bunch on Logo.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (March/April)
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
04/04 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Fifth Season
04/11 - Father Knows Best - Season Five
04/11 - Schitt's Creek - The Complete Third Season
04/11 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/11 - Veep - The Complete Fifth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Tuesday, April 25
The Middle - "Trip and Fall" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Trashy neighbor Rita Glossner (Brooke Shields) talks an apprehensive Frankie into taking a road trip to an unknown destination; Mike takes an embarrassing fall at the quarry and has to deal with even more embarrassment when OSHA is called in to investigate; and Sue attempts to convince Axl to end his estrangement with the family after learning their true feelings about April.
American Housewife - "The Otto Motto" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Taylor keeps quitting school activities, Greg says that Katie, quite the quitter herself, sets a poor example. He challenges her to finally learn French after quitting lessons so long ago, so she reluctantly enrolls in a college class.
Speechless - "S-I-- SICK D-A-- DAY" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Maya gets sick, Jimmy is forced to be the mom of the house, and Dylan becomes Kenneth’s replacement for JJ when Kenneth also gets sick. Jimmy ends up doing well with Maya’s normal duties, but he tries to keep it from her to avoid her feeling bad. Meanwhile, JJ protects Dylan from a boy she’s interested in. And despite its illness, the family bands together and pulls an all-nighter to finish Ray’s school project.
Imaginary Mary - "In a World Where Worlds Collide" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Alice freaks out when her friends want to meet Ben. But when an outing with everyone goes surprisingly well, Alice wants to meet Ben’s friends. However, Ben is hesitant but devises a plan that will impress Alice; but later, he makes a surprising admission.
Brooklyn Nine-Nine - "The Last Ride" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
In what could be their last case as partners, Jake and Charles go to great extremes to apprehend a local bike thief. Terry shockingly isn’t in the lead for “Mr. Nine-Nine” (the detective who has solved the most cases), leaving Rosa determined to boost his ego. Meanwhile, Amy spends some precious time with Holt.
The Mick - "The Implant" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Sabrina tells Mickey she wants to augment her figure, so Mickey decides the best way to dissuade her from doing so is to do a test-run in public. Meanwhile, Jimmy takes Chip and Ben to a baseball game to teach them how to be more masculine.
Great News - "Pilot" (NBC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Katie (Briga Heelan), a frustrated cable news producer, is horrified when her mom, Carol (Andrea Martin), gets an internship at "The Breakdown." Despite Katie's best efforts, Carol is instantly beloved by the entire office, including blowhard veteran anchor Chuck (John Michael Higgins). But when Katie hits a roadblock while producing a big story, she realizes that maybe having a mom at work isn't such a bad thing.
Great News - "Bear Attack" (NBC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Katie (Briga Heelan) tries to set workplace boundaries with Carol (Andrea Martin), but when a big story about an escaped bear lands in her lap, her mom can't help but meddle. Meanwhile, Greg (Adam Campbell) tries to get Chuck (John Michael Higgins) and Portia (Nicole Richie) to do a little friendly banter at the end of the show.
The Detour - "The Mule" (TBS, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Robin and Nate live out their action movie fantasies as they make their way to the kids, who are actually doing fine without them.
The Detour - "The Ass" (TBS, 10:30PM ET/PT)
The family reunites, but this time Robin makes a huge mistake.
Tuesday, April 25
- Amanda Peet (Brockmire/Togetherness/Bent) - Catch Amanda on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC. She also appears on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Patton Oswalt (The Goldbergs/The King of Queens) - Patton stops by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Kal Penn (We Are Men/How I Met Your Mother) - Kal is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Sanaa Lathan (Family Guy/The Cleveland Show/LateLine) - Sanaa stops by Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Reid Scott (Veep/My Boys) - Reid visits Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Arden Myrin (Working) - Arden appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Hank Azaria (Brockmire/The Simpsons/Free Agents) - Hank is a guest on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Andrea Martin (Difficult People/Working the Engels) - Andrea visits Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- John Leguizamo (The Brothers Garcia) - John guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Patti LaBelle (Out All Night) - Patti will be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Andrea Martin (Great News/Difficult People/Working the Engels) - Andrea talks about Good News on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and in the 10am hour.
- Alfonso Ribeiro (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air/In the House/Silver Spoons) - Alfonso will be on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Jason Jones (The Detour) - Jason talks about The Detour on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Ross Lynch (Austin & Ally) - Ross opens up about his new movie My Friend Dahmer on People Now at 8:30am.
- Tim Daly (Wings) - Tim is a guest on the AOL Build Show at 11am.
- Peter Engel (Producer of Saved by the Bell/California Dreams/Hang Time) - Peter dishes about his new memoir I Was Saved by the Bell on the The Wendy Williams Show at 2am on BET or on your local stations.
- Sherri Shepherd (Trial & Error/Less Than Perfect/Sherri) - Sherri is a guest on The Real, so check your local listings.
- Danny DeVito (It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia/Taxi) - Danny appears on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.