Tuesday, January 26, 2016
Tina Fey and Amy Poehler will present the Life Achievement Award to comedic trailblazer, actor, singer, dancer, producer and author Carol Burnett live at the 22nd Annual Screen Actors Guild Awards(R). Burnett accepting SAG-AFTRA's highest accolade from Fey and Poehler will be a highlight of the annual SAG Awards ceremony, which will be simulcast live on TNT and TBS on Saturday, Jan. 30, 2016 at 8pm ET/5pm PT. Given annually to an actor who fosters the "finest ideals of the acting profession," including career achievement and humanitarian accomplishment, the Life Achievement Award will join Burnett's exceptional catalog of preeminent industry and public honors, which includes multiple Emmys(R), a special Tony(R), the Presidential Medal of Freedom and both a Kennedy Center Honor and its Mark Twain Prize for Humor.
Burnett becomes the 52nd recipient of the Life Achievement Award. Past recipients include Debbie Reynolds, Rita Moreno, Dick Van Dyke, Mary Tyler Moore, Ernest Borgnine, Betty White, James Earl Jones, Charles Durning, Julie Andrews, Shirley Temple Black, James Garner, Karl Malden, Clint Eastwood, Edward Asner, Ossie Davis and Ruby Dee, Sidney Poitier, Kirk Douglas, Elizabeth Taylor, Angela Lansbury, Robert Redford and George Burns. The 2015 Life Achievement Award will join Carol Burnett's record of preeminent industry honors, which include the Presidential Medal of Freedom, a Kennedy Center Honor and its Mark Twain Prize for Humor, a Peabody Award, the Television Critics Association's Career Achievement Award, dozens of Emmy Awards, five Golden Globe Awards, five American Comedy Awards, 12 People's Choice Awards, an Ace Award, a Horatio Alger Award, both Crystal and Lucy Awards from Women in Film, the TV Land Legend Award, the Jimmy Stewart Museum's Harvey Award and a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
These days the power of celebrity is often measured by their social media strength, and E! takes a unique, hilarious look at that reality with the network's first scripted digital comedy series Hashtaggers. Starring Kimberley Crossman, Peet Guercio, Patty Guggenheim and Carl Tart, the series features a completely dysfunctional group of people who work together at a social media agency geared to celebrity clientele - but their actions consistently wreak havoc on the stars involved. On Tuesday, February 8, E! News will sneak peek an episode of Hashtaggers, and then all nine episodes will be available on E! online and across E!'s social media platforms and distribution partners.
Where does Ian Ziering go when he needs to step up his digital game? Who does Snooki alert when two million Twitter followers go missing? When William Shatner needs an epic Twitter Rant who does he request? They call the Hashtaggers. The agency is run by Nikki Hart, an intense, yet often completely unprofessional leader, whose lust for her brainless assistant causes its own problems. Her team consists of: Kal Johnson (Tart), a trendy hipster who has made pop culture his life; Colin Greenberg (Guerico), an ex-child star who is still trying to make it as a grown-up; and Molly Scharf (Guggenheim), a sarcastic, free-spirit who has an odd sexual tension with Colin, no matter how much she can't stand him. This team will do anything to make their clients happy, but their techniques are far from professional. Other "clients" this season include: Will Sasso, Kevin Smith, Johnny Weir, Heidi Montag, Stassi Schroeder and Zuri Hall.
In Hollywood, you'll see that no one knows 140 characters like these four characters when Hashtaggers premieres on Tuesday, February 8th on E! Online (www.eonline.com/Hashtaggers).
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Tuesday, October 25
The Middle - "Halloween VIII: The Heckoning" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
As Halloween approaches, Frankie is taken aback when she discovers that, if the circumstances ever arose where she and Mike got divorced, the kids would all choose to live with Mike. Meanwhile, Sue tries everything in her power to get her room back from Brick, and having to be so nice around girlfriend April all of the time leads Axl to lash out at his family.
American Housewife - "Westport Zombies" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Katie, jealous of Taylor’s friendship with neighbor Viv (Leslie Bibb), reluctantly competes in the Westport Halloween “Zombie Run” after she finds out they’ll both be running. Meanwhile, Greg and Anna-Kat get a little too much in character for the “zombie” part of the run’s obstacle course.
Fresh Off the Boat - "Louisween" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
It’s Louis’ favorite holiday, and he makes every attempt to scare Jessica into the Halloween spirit, but she is buried in her word processor, drafting her first horror novel. Meanwhile, Emery and Evan debate costume choices, and Eddie and his crew are excited to party with high schoolers at Nicole’s house.
The Real O'Neals - "The Real Halloween" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When Halloween arrives, or what Kenny refers to as “the gay Super Bowl,” he plans to go to Boystown to watch the festive costume parade. In an effort to prevent Kenny from attending, Eileen agrees to let him throw his own Halloween party at home. Eileen’s tolerance is ultimately tested when Kenny recruits Stuart and his gay friends to join the big party, and he makes a BIG costume change. Meanwhile, Jimmy and Shannon plan to pull off an epic Halloween prank.
Atlanta - "Junteenth" (FX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Why my Auntie trying to make me go to one of these bougie Junteenth parties again? I don't like them sadity people and I'm gonna miss my shows. Le sigh.
Family Time - "Head of House" (Bounce TV, 9:00PM ET/PT)
When the Stallworths have an unexpected visitor, they learn of a vicious crime that took place in their home years ago.
Tuesday, October 25
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth) - Catch Will on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Matt LeBlanc (Man with a Plan/Episodes/Friends) - Matt is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Cobie Smulders (How I Met Your Mother) - Cobie appears on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Skylar Astin (Ground Floor) - Skylar is a guest on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Ron Howard (Happy Days/The Andy Griffith Show) - Ron drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Mary Lynn Rajskub (How to Be a Gentleman/Veronica's Closet/The Larry Sanders Show) and David Koechner (Another Period/Hank/The Office) - Mary and David are guests on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- John Lithgow (3rd Rock from the Sun/Twenty Good Years) - John appears on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Jamie Lee Curtis (Scream Queens/Anything But Love) - Jamie Lee is a guest on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Erinn Hayes (Kevin Can Wait/Guys with Kids/Worst Week) - Erinn plays a celeb guessing game with Rach, who’s serving up no-fail make-your-own takeout, on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Mary Steenburgen (The Last Man on Earth/Ink) - Mary joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Ana Gasteyer (People of Earth/Lady Dynamite/Suburgatory) - Ana will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET. She will also be on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Cheryl Hines (Son of Zorn/Suburgatory/Curb Your Enthusiasm) - Cheryl is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Abbi Jacobson (Broad City) - Abbi will be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. She will also be on the AOL Build Show 4pm.
- Don Rickles (C.P.O. Sharkey/Daddy Dearest) - Don is a guest on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Nico Tortorella (Younger) - Nico appears on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.