Tuesday, January 26, 2016
Tina Fey and Amy Poehler will present the Life Achievement Award to comedic trailblazer, actor, singer, dancer, producer and author Carol Burnett live at the 22nd Annual Screen Actors Guild Awards(R). Burnett accepting SAG-AFTRA's highest accolade from Fey and Poehler will be a highlight of the annual SAG Awards ceremony, which will be simulcast live on TNT and TBS on Saturday, Jan. 30, 2016 at 8pm ET/5pm PT. Given annually to an actor who fosters the "finest ideals of the acting profession," including career achievement and humanitarian accomplishment, the Life Achievement Award will join Burnett's exceptional catalog of preeminent industry and public honors, which includes multiple Emmys(R), a special Tony(R), the Presidential Medal of Freedom and both a Kennedy Center Honor and its Mark Twain Prize for Humor.
Burnett becomes the 52nd recipient of the Life Achievement Award. Past recipients include Debbie Reynolds, Rita Moreno, Dick Van Dyke, Mary Tyler Moore, Ernest Borgnine, Betty White, James Earl Jones, Charles Durning, Julie Andrews, Shirley Temple Black, James Garner, Karl Malden, Clint Eastwood, Edward Asner, Ossie Davis and Ruby Dee, Sidney Poitier, Kirk Douglas, Elizabeth Taylor, Angela Lansbury, Robert Redford and George Burns. The 2015 Life Achievement Award will join Carol Burnett's record of preeminent industry honors, which include the Presidential Medal of Freedom, a Kennedy Center Honor and its Mark Twain Prize for Humor, a Peabody Award, the Television Critics Association's Career Achievement Award, dozens of Emmy Awards, five Golden Globe Awards, five American Comedy Awards, 12 People's Choice Awards, an Ace Award, a Horatio Alger Award, both Crystal and Lucy Awards from Women in Film, the TV Land Legend Award, the Jimmy Stewart Museum's Harvey Award and a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
These days the power of celebrity is often measured by their social media strength, and E! takes a unique, hilarious look at that reality with the network's first scripted digital comedy series Hashtaggers. Starring Kimberley Crossman, Peet Guercio, Patty Guggenheim and Carl Tart, the series features a completely dysfunctional group of people who work together at a social media agency geared to celebrity clientele - but their actions consistently wreak havoc on the stars involved. On Tuesday, February 8, E! News will sneak peek an episode of Hashtaggers, and then all nine episodes will be available on E! online and across E!'s social media platforms and distribution partners.
Where does Ian Ziering go when he needs to step up his digital game? Who does Snooki alert when two million Twitter followers go missing? When William Shatner needs an epic Twitter Rant who does he request? They call the Hashtaggers. The agency is run by Nikki Hart, an intense, yet often completely unprofessional leader, whose lust for her brainless assistant causes its own problems. Her team consists of: Kal Johnson (Tart), a trendy hipster who has made pop culture his life; Colin Greenberg (Guerico), an ex-child star who is still trying to make it as a grown-up; and Molly Scharf (Guggenheim), a sarcastic, free-spirit who has an odd sexual tension with Colin, no matter how much she can't stand him. This team will do anything to make their clients happy, but their techniques are far from professional. Other "clients" this season include: Will Sasso, Kevin Smith, Johnny Weir, Heidi Montag, Stassi Schroeder and Zuri Hall.
In Hollywood, you'll see that no one knows 140 characters like these four characters when Hashtaggers premieres on Tuesday, February 8th on E! Online (www.eonline.com/Hashtaggers).
New on DVD/Blu-ray (February/March)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbrekable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, March 25
Henry Danger - "Gas or Fail" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Captain Man finds himself trapped underground, Henry must devise a way to sneak out of his school's standardized testing to save Ray.
Game Shakers - "Llama Llama Spit Spit" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
After the Game Shakers get kicked out of Fooders to make room for a guest who has his photo on the wall, Babe becomes determined to get their own photo up using any means necessary.
Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn - "To Be Invited or Not to Be" (Nickelodeon, 9:00PM ET/PT)
The quads make a new friend, an amazing inventor, but when not all of them get invited back to hang out again, they start to wonder why.
Love Thy Neighbor - "Better Late Than Never" (OWN, 9:00PM ET/PT)
A missed call leaves Danny and his family in a bad place.
Love Thy Neighbor - "Make Up or Make Out" (OWN, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Still upset with his friends, Danny takes the advice of his family.
Sunday, March 26
- Sanaa Lathan (Family Guy/The Cleveland Show/LateLine) - Catch Sanaa on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Chris Pratt (Parks and Recreation) - Watch Chris on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Richard Dreyfuss (Your Family or Mine) - Richard appears on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Lily Tomlin (Grace and Frankie/Malibu Country) and Jane Fonda (Grace and Frankie) - Lily and Jane are guests on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. They also chat with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Craig Ferguson (The Drew Carey Show) - Craig visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He will also be on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Rachel Dratch (Imaginary Mary) - Rachel is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Pete Holmes (Crashing) - Pete stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jenna Elfman (Imaginary Mary/1600 Penn/Accidentally on Purpose/Courting Alex/Dharma & Greg) - Jenna appears on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Ron Funches (Powerless/Undateable) - Ron is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Kaitlin Olson (The Mick/It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia) - Kaitlin drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Wendi McLendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Wendi appears on a repeat of Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends/The Comeback) - Lisa is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Mark Consuelos (Alpha House/Hope & Faith) - Mark guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Tahj Mowry, Derek Theler and Jean-Luc Bilodeau (Baby Daddy) - Tahj, Derek and Jean-Luc are guests on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Tika Sumpter (The Game) - Tika appears on a repeat of The Real, so check your local listings.
- Vanessa Bell Calloway (Rhythm & Blues) - Vanessa is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- June Diane Raphael (Grace and Frankie) - June talks about Grace and Frankie on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Molly/Samantha Who?) and Ben Falcone (Joey) - Melissa and Ben talk TV Land's Nobodies on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Brooklyn Decker (Grace and Frankie/Friends with Better Lives) - Brookyln stops by People Now at 8:30am.
- Marcia Gay Harden (Trophy Wife) - Marcia opens up about her favorite part of being in the 50 Shades movies on People Now at 8:30am. \
- Tracee Ellis Ross (black-ish/Girlfriends) - Tracee dishes about her Golden Globe win on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 2am on BET or on your local stations.