Monday, December 14, 2015
There's no place like home, and now the classic '80s sitcom 227 has another cable home starting in January. 227 will be airing on Logo starting Monday, January 1, 2016 at 11:59pm with a block thru 4am that night. As with all other Logo sitcoms, it will air in random marathon blocks throughout the week joining other fellow sitcoms like The Facts of Life, The Golden Girls, Soap, A Different World, Sabrina the Teenage Witch, Will & Grace, Bewitched, I Dream of Jeannie, Designing Women, Roseanne, Just Shoot Me and Samantha Who? Back to 227, it was last seen on Encore Black, but child, they stopped airing it last month. The sitcom was also on UP TV for many years. The series starred Marla Gibbs as a sharp-tongued, inner-city resident gossip and housewife, Mary Jenkins, and aired from 1985-1990. The series also starred Hal Williams, Alaina Reed Hall, Jackée Harry, Helen Martin and Regina King.
The Museum of Broadcast Communications and Antenna TV are pleased to announce "Here's Johnny! The Making of the Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson," an exclusive exhibit of Carson memorabilia coming to Chicago in January. The exhibit will run next year at the Museum of Broadcast Communications in the Paul M. Lisnek Gallery from Tuesday, January 12 through Saturday, October 15, 2016. The exhibition has been created by Jeff Sotzing, Johnny's nephew, former Tonight Show producer and current president of Carson Entertainment. The exhibition and museum tour are organized by Fullerton Museum Center in Fullerton, California, where the exhibition first launched.
Johnny Carson, the undisputed King of Late Night TV, signed off in 1992 and "Here's Johnny! The Making of the Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson" exhibition items on display come directly from Johnny's personal collection from the show, including photographs, artifacts and costumes from his memorable characters, El Mouldos Cape, Aunt Blabby's granny dress and Floyd R. Turbo's hunting coat and cap, as well as an outfit from Doc Severinsen's wardrobe. A replica of Carnac the Magnificent's turban will also be part of the exhibit (on loan from the University of Nebraska.) Also on display: Carson's coffee mug, his famed Rolodex of Hollywood’s elite and a selection of cue cards and scripts from actual monologues.
"The Here's Johnny! The Making of the Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson" exhibition is mounted in conjunction with Tribune Media's Antenna TV, which will begin airing full Johnny Carson episodes nightly starting on January 1. Antenna TV, available in 125 US markets, including all of the country's Top 35 TV markets, will tuck America in each weeknight, with a 60-minute classic Carson episode airing at 11 pm ET/8 pm PT, with a rebroadcast at 2 am ET/11 pm PT. On weekends, Antenna TV will run 90-minute episodes at 10 pm ET/7 pm PT, with a rebroadcast at 1:30 am ET/10:30 pm PT. This is the first time the Carson episodes will air in a strip since he went off the air in 1992!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Sunday, October 23
The Simpsons - "Treehouse of Horror XXVI" (Fox, 7:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
In an encore of last season’s Halloween episode, Sideshow Bob finally kills Bart, only to reanimate him; Homer wakes up with short-term memory loss; and Lisa, Bart, and Milhouse get super powers from radiation.
Bob's Burgers - "Teen-a-Witch" (Fox, 7:30PM ET/PT)
With Halloween quickly approaching, Tina reveals her brilliant idea that will finally win her first place in the annual costume contest. When Tammy steals her idea, Tina is forced to seek the help of Mr. Ambrose, who leads her to alternate and other-worldly methods of winning. Meanwhile, Bob is on a mission to figure out who is stealing his perfectly crafted pumpkins.
The Simpsons - "Trust But Clarify" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Lisa and Bart investigate Krusty’s suspicious new “Krustaceans” candy. Meanwhile, Homer wants a promotion at the nuclear plant and asks Marge to help him dress the part, and news anchor Kent Brockman struggles to find his feet in the changing media world.
Son of Zorn - "A Taste of Zephyria" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT)
After learning how Zephyria is depicted in the media, Zorn attempts to teach Alan about his culture. Meanwhile, Edie wages war with her new neighbors over their talking garden gnome.
Family Guy - "Inside Family Guy" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT)
FAMILY GUY takes viewers behind the scenes of a regular “FAMILY GUY” production week, with James Woods as the guide. See the ins-and-outs of what goes into the making of a “FAMILY GUY” episode and watch the drama unfold as Peter is replaced and ends up in the office of Fox Television Group Chairmen and CEOs Dana Walden and Gary Newman to pitch his very own new series.
The Last Man on Earth - "Five Hoda Kotbs" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT)
A post-apocalyptic road trip has everyone at war with each other and Gail is really pushed to her breaking point.
Bizaardvark - "Spoiler Alert: Belissa Returns" (Disney Channel, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Paige and Frankie hit a writing slump and other bad things start happening to them, Paige begins to think they are cursed; Amelia and Dirk are at odds when the lifestyle Diva declutters the Dare Lair.
Sunday, October 23
- Patti LaBelle (Out All Night) - Catch Patti on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Ricky Gervais (The Office) - Watch Ricky on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Tom Hanks (Bosom Buddies) - Tom appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also talks about Inferno on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Elijah Wood (Wilfred) - Elijah is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Ana Gasteyer (People of Earth/Lady Dynamite/Suburgatory) - Ana visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Nick Offerman (Parks and Recreation) - Nick stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ron Howard (Happy Days/The Andy Griffith Show) - Ron appears on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Zooey Deschanel (New Girl) - Zooey is a guest on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Michael Chiklis (Daddio) - Michael drops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Jameela Jamil (The Good Place) - Jameela appears on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Aya Cash (You're the Worst) - Aya talks about You're the Worst on the AOL Build ShoW at 2pm. She will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth) - Will is a guest on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Mary Steenburgen (The Last Man on Earth/Ink) - Mary talks about The Last Man on Earth on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. She will also be on the AOL Build Show at 12:30pm.
- Anna Camp (The Mindy Project) - Anna talks about Good Girls Revolt on People Now at 8:30am.
- James Brolin (Life in Pieces) - James is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.