Monday, December 14, 2015
There's no place like home, and now the classic '80s sitcom 227 has another cable home starting in January. 227 will be airing on Logo starting Monday, January 1, 2016 at 11:59pm with a block thru 4am that night. As with all other Logo sitcoms, it will air in random marathon blocks throughout the week joining other fellow sitcoms like The Facts of Life, The Golden Girls, Soap, A Different World, Sabrina the Teenage Witch, Will & Grace, Bewitched, I Dream of Jeannie, Designing Women, Roseanne, Just Shoot Me and Samantha Who? Back to 227, it was last seen on Encore Black, but child, they stopped airing it last month. The sitcom was also on UP TV for many years. The series starred Marla Gibbs as a sharp-tongued, inner-city resident gossip and housewife, Mary Jenkins, and aired from 1985-1990. The series also starred Hal Williams, Alaina Reed Hall, Jackée Harry, Helen Martin and Regina King.
The Museum of Broadcast Communications and Antenna TV are pleased to announce "Here's Johnny! The Making of the Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson," an exclusive exhibit of Carson memorabilia coming to Chicago in January. The exhibit will run next year at the Museum of Broadcast Communications in the Paul M. Lisnek Gallery from Tuesday, January 12 through Saturday, October 15, 2016. The exhibition has been created by Jeff Sotzing, Johnny's nephew, former Tonight Show producer and current president of Carson Entertainment. The exhibition and museum tour are organized by Fullerton Museum Center in Fullerton, California, where the exhibition first launched.
Johnny Carson, the undisputed King of Late Night TV, signed off in 1992 and "Here's Johnny! The Making of the Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson" exhibition items on display come directly from Johnny's personal collection from the show, including photographs, artifacts and costumes from his memorable characters, El Mouldos Cape, Aunt Blabby's granny dress and Floyd R. Turbo's hunting coat and cap, as well as an outfit from Doc Severinsen's wardrobe. A replica of Carnac the Magnificent's turban will also be part of the exhibit (on loan from the University of Nebraska.) Also on display: Carson's coffee mug, his famed Rolodex of Hollywood’s elite and a selection of cue cards and scripts from actual monologues.
"The Here's Johnny! The Making of the Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson" exhibition is mounted in conjunction with Tribune Media's Antenna TV, which will begin airing full Johnny Carson episodes nightly starting on January 1. Antenna TV, available in 125 US markets, including all of the country's Top 35 TV markets, will tuck America in each weeknight, with a 60-minute classic Carson episode airing at 11 pm ET/8 pm PT, with a rebroadcast at 2 am ET/11 pm PT. On weekends, Antenna TV will run 90-minute episodes at 10 pm ET/7 pm PT, with a rebroadcast at 1:30 am ET/10:30 pm PT. This is the first time the Carson episodes will air in a strip since he went off the air in 1992!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, September 29
Superstore - "Back to Work" (NBC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Jeff (recurring guest star Michael Bunin), the district manager from corporate, tells the Cloud 9 employees he is going to be around for the day to see what can improve in the store. Amy (America Ferrera) tries to impress him with a perfect day, but a workplace accident threatens her plan. Meanwhile, Glenn (Mark McKinney) tries to come off as a tough boss in front of Jeff, Jonah (Ben Feldman) attempts to help an unyielding Dina (Lauren Ash) win over the employees she betrayed in the strike and Mateo (Nico Santos) discovers something about Jeff in his pursuit to win him over.
The Good Place - "Jason Mendoza" (NBC, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Eleanor (Kristen Bell) faces her toughest test yet in her attempt to remain in hiding. Meanwhile, Michael (Ted Danson) enlists Tahani (Jameela Jamil) to help a fellow neighbor fulfill her true purpose.
The Big Bang Theory - "The Earworm Reverberation" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Sheldon has a revelation when he realizes why a song was stuck in his head. Also, Amy invites Dave (Stephen Merchant) over for dinner despite their previously awkward date, and Wolowitz and Koothrappali become obsessed with a fan of their band, “Footprints on the Moon.”
Kevin Can Wait - "Pilot" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Kevin James stars as a newly retired police officer looking forward to spending carefree, quality time with his wife and three kids, only to find he faces tougher challenges at home than he ever did on the streets.
Better Things - "Woman Is the Something of the Something" (FX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Sam gets really looked at.
Thursday, September 29
- Judith Light (Transparent/Phenom/Who's the Boss?) - Catch Judith on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Tim Meadows (Son of Zorn/Marry Me/The Michael Richards Show) - Tim appears on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He will also be on the AOL Build Show at 3pm.
- Max Greenfield (New Girl/Modern Men) - Max drops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ken Jeong (Dr. Ken/Community), Dave Foley (Dr. Ken/NewsRadio) and Suzy Nakamura (Dr. Ken/Go On) - Ken, Dave and Suzy are guests on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight. Ken will also be on Harry, so check your local listings.
- January Jones (The Last Man on Earth) - January stops by Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Sarah Jessica Parker (Divorce/Sex and the City/Square Pegs) - Sarah appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Alfonso Ribeiro (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air/In the House/Silver Spoons) - Alfonso joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT. He will also be on the AOL Build Show at 11am.
- Holland Taylor (Two and a Half Men/The Powers That Be) - Holland talks about The Front Page on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Jamie-Lynn Sigler (Guys with Kids) - Jamie-Lynn is a guest on Good Day New York on WNYW-Fox5 in New York sometime between 7-10am and on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Kristen Bell (The Good Place) - Kristen appears on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.