Monday, December 14, 2015
There's no place like home, and now the classic '80s sitcom 227 has another cable home starting in January. 227 will be airing on Logo starting Monday, January 1, 2016 at 11:59pm with a block thru 4am that night. As with all other Logo sitcoms, it will air in random marathon blocks throughout the week joining other fellow sitcoms like The Facts of Life, The Golden Girls, Soap, A Different World, Sabrina the Teenage Witch, Will & Grace, Bewitched, I Dream of Jeannie, Designing Women, Roseanne, Just Shoot Me and Samantha Who? Back to 227, it was last seen on Encore Black, but child, they stopped airing it last month. The sitcom was also on UP TV for many years. The series starred Marla Gibbs as a sharp-tongued, inner-city resident gossip and housewife, Mary Jenkins, and aired from 1985-1990. The series also starred Hal Williams, Alaina Reed Hall, Jackée Harry, Helen Martin and Regina King.
The Museum of Broadcast Communications and Antenna TV are pleased to announce "Here's Johnny! The Making of the Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson," an exclusive exhibit of Carson memorabilia coming to Chicago in January. The exhibit will run next year at the Museum of Broadcast Communications in the Paul M. Lisnek Gallery from Tuesday, January 12 through Saturday, October 15, 2016. The exhibition has been created by Jeff Sotzing, Johnny's nephew, former Tonight Show producer and current president of Carson Entertainment. The exhibition and museum tour are organized by Fullerton Museum Center in Fullerton, California, where the exhibition first launched.
Johnny Carson, the undisputed King of Late Night TV, signed off in 1992 and "Here's Johnny! The Making of the Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson" exhibition items on display come directly from Johnny's personal collection from the show, including photographs, artifacts and costumes from his memorable characters, El Mouldos Cape, Aunt Blabby's granny dress and Floyd R. Turbo's hunting coat and cap, as well as an outfit from Doc Severinsen's wardrobe. A replica of Carnac the Magnificent's turban will also be part of the exhibit (on loan from the University of Nebraska.) Also on display: Carson's coffee mug, his famed Rolodex of Hollywood’s elite and a selection of cue cards and scripts from actual monologues.
"The Here's Johnny! The Making of the Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson" exhibition is mounted in conjunction with Tribune Media's Antenna TV, which will begin airing full Johnny Carson episodes nightly starting on January 1. Antenna TV, available in 125 US markets, including all of the country's Top 35 TV markets, will tuck America in each weeknight, with a 60-minute classic Carson episode airing at 11 pm ET/8 pm PT, with a rebroadcast at 2 am ET/11 pm PT. On weekends, Antenna TV will run 90-minute episodes at 10 pm ET/7 pm PT, with a rebroadcast at 1:30 am ET/10:30 pm PT. This is the first time the Carson episodes will air in a strip since he went off the air in 1992!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (February/March)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbrekable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, March 30
The Big Bang Theory - "The Collaboration Fluctuation" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Leonard, Penny and Raj adjust to their new living arrangement, and Sheldon takes an interest in Amy’s work.
The Great Indoors - "Cubicles" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Jack can’t concentrate because of the millennials’ distracting juvenile behavior, Brooke installs cubicles in the bullpen.
Mom - "Black Mold and an Old Hot Dog" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Christy helps Jill adjust to being a new foster mother, and Bonnie has trouble convincing tenants that she’s a good building manager.
Life in Pieces - "Sleepover Dream Light Haze" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When Matt and Colleen take a strong sleep aid, they start experiencing crazy sleepwalking adventures. Also, Greg gets upset when Jen reveals she had a sex dream about a member of the family; Tim regrets missing a slumber party when he was a kid so he insists on helping Sophia make it through a friend’s sleepover; and John installs a motion-sensor light in the yard that flashes repeatedly, keeping them up at night. Fortune Feimster returns as Colleen’s roommate, Dougie, and J.B. Smoove returns as John and Joan’s neighbor, Darryl.
Superstore - "Seasonal Help" (NBC, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Much to Amy's (America Ferrera) dismay, Glenn (Mark McKinney) hires Amy's husband, Adam (guest star Ryan Gaul), for some extra help, exposing her in ways in which she is not prepared. Frustrated with the lazy, noncommittal temps, Jonah (Ben Feldman) and Garrett (Colton Dunn) start an employee draft to place bets on who will quit first while Glenn tries to find the perfect person to play Santa at the store for Christmas.
Powerless - "I'ma Friend You" (NBC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Emily (Vanessa Hudgens) learns that Jackie (Christina Kirk) is in need of some extra cash, she can't help but try and do what she can to help her out. Meanwhile, Van (Alan Tudyk) is on a witch hunt and has his eyes set on Teddy (Danny Pudi), Ron (Ron Funches) and Wendy (Jennie Pierson).
Thursday, March 30
- Matthew Perry (The Odd Couple/Go On/Mr. Sunshine/Friends) - Catch Matthew on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am and the AOL Build Show at 4pm.
- Louis C.K. (Louie/Lucky Louie) - Louie appears on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Regina King (227) - Regina stops by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Marisa Tomei (A Different World) - Marissa is a guest on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Christine Baranski (Cybill/Happy Family/Welcome to New York) - Christine appears on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Kristen Schaal (The Last Man on Earth/Bob's Burgers/Flight of the Conchords) - Kristen visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Adam Scott (Parks and Recreation) - Adam drops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Brooklyn Decker (Grace and Frankie/Friends with Better Lives) - Brooklyn is a guest on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Wanda Sykes (The New Adventures of Old Christine/Wanda at Large) - Wanda appears on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Christian Slater (Breaking In) - Christian guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Kristen Bell (The Good Place) - Kristen is a guest on a repeat of The Real, so check your listings.
- Alec Baldwin (30 Rock) and Lisa Kudrow (Friends/The Comeback) - Alec and Lisa talk about The Baby Boss on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Katey Sagal (Superior Donuts/Married with Children/8 Simple Rules) - Katey discusses her new book Grace Notes: My Recollections on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. She will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 11:30am ET.
- Zach Braff (Scrubs) - Zach will be on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Craig Ferguson (The Drew Carey Show) - Craig is a guest on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.