Monday, December 14, 2015
There's no place like home, and now the classic '80s sitcom 227 has another cable home starting in January. 227 will be airing on Logo starting Monday, January 1, 2016 at 11:59pm with a block thru 4am that night. As with all other Logo sitcoms, it will air in random marathon blocks throughout the week joining other fellow sitcoms like The Facts of Life, The Golden Girls, Soap, A Different World, Sabrina the Teenage Witch, Will & Grace, Bewitched, I Dream of Jeannie, Designing Women, Roseanne, Just Shoot Me and Samantha Who? Back to 227, it was last seen on Encore Black, but child, they stopped airing it last month. The sitcom was also on UP TV for many years. The series starred Marla Gibbs as a sharp-tongued, inner-city resident gossip and housewife, Mary Jenkins, and aired from 1985-1990. The series also starred Hal Williams, Alaina Reed Hall, Jackée Harry, Helen Martin and Regina King.
The Museum of Broadcast Communications and Antenna TV are pleased to announce "Here's Johnny! The Making of the Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson," an exclusive exhibit of Carson memorabilia coming to Chicago in January. The exhibit will run next year at the Museum of Broadcast Communications in the Paul M. Lisnek Gallery from Tuesday, January 12 through Saturday, October 15, 2016. The exhibition has been created by Jeff Sotzing, Johnny's nephew, former Tonight Show producer and current president of Carson Entertainment. The exhibition and museum tour are organized by Fullerton Museum Center in Fullerton, California, where the exhibition first launched.
Johnny Carson, the undisputed King of Late Night TV, signed off in 1992 and "Here's Johnny! The Making of the Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson" exhibition items on display come directly from Johnny's personal collection from the show, including photographs, artifacts and costumes from his memorable characters, El Mouldos Cape, Aunt Blabby's granny dress and Floyd R. Turbo's hunting coat and cap, as well as an outfit from Doc Severinsen's wardrobe. A replica of Carnac the Magnificent's turban will also be part of the exhibit (on loan from the University of Nebraska.) Also on display: Carson's coffee mug, his famed Rolodex of Hollywood’s elite and a selection of cue cards and scripts from actual monologues.
"The Here's Johnny! The Making of the Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson" exhibition is mounted in conjunction with Tribune Media's Antenna TV, which will begin airing full Johnny Carson episodes nightly starting on January 1. Antenna TV, available in 125 US markets, including all of the country's Top 35 TV markets, will tuck America in each weeknight, with a 60-minute classic Carson episode airing at 11 pm ET/8 pm PT, with a rebroadcast at 2 am ET/11 pm PT. On weekends, Antenna TV will run 90-minute episodes at 10 pm ET/7 pm PT, with a rebroadcast at 1:30 am ET/10:30 pm PT. This is the first time the Carson episodes will air in a strip since he went off the air in 1992!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)
10/04 - The Andy Griffith Show - The Christmas Special (Colorized)
10/04 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #1 (Colorized)
10/11 - Dr. Ken - Season One
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Series
10/11 - Nurse Jackie - Seasons One and Two
10/11 - Weeds - Seasons One and Two
11/01 - Schitt's Creek - Seasons One and Two
11/08 - Family Matters - The Complete Ninth Season
11/08 - Your Family or Mine - Season One
11/15 - Community - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Lucy Show - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Mindy Project - Season Four
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Sunday, December 4
The Simpsons - "The Last Traction Hero" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
A workplace accident leaves Homer in a cast, and in a position to sue Mr. Burns. This leaves Marge unfulfilled, so she turns to an unexpected source for romance. Meanwhile, Lisa is made “Bus Monitor” and tries to keep the peace.
Son of Zorn - "Return of the Drinking Buddy" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Zorn’s old friend Headbutt Man (guest voice Rob Riggle) is coming to town. Unfortunately for Zorn, Headbutt Man is now sober. Meanwhile, Alan is invited to a party where his crush, Nancy (guest star Emily Wong), will be. Unfortunately, he has to take Headbutt man’s daughter with him.
Family Guy - "Carter and Tricia" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Carter buys the Pawtucket Patriot brewery and decides to cut some corners to save a few bucks. Peter overhears the plan and runs and tells investigative journalist Tricia Takanawa about Carter’s plan to use toxic chemicals in the beer cans. Meanwhile, Brian’s drivers’ license has expired and he enlists Stewie as an instructor.
The Last Man on Earth - "Whitney Houston, We Have a Problem" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT)
After finding a mysterious note left by Melissa that says “Goodbye,” the gang sets off to go look for her. Meanwhile, Gail gets stuck on a solo adventure of her own.
K.C. Undercover - "Holly Holly Not So Jolly" (Disney Channel, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Christmas time arrives and K.C. tells everyone she has to go pick up a last-minute gift, but instead goes to The Organization's therapist, Dr. Levinstein.
Mech X-4 - "Let's Survive in the Woods!" (Disney Channel, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Principal Grey sets a trap for Ryan, Harris and Spyder while they're on a camping trip, which leaves MECH-X4 and Mark in danger.
Best Friends Whenever - "The Christmas Curse" (Disney Channel, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Shelby and Cyd encourage a homesick Daisy to incorporate a festive 16th-century tradition into their annual Christmas party.
Monday, December 5
- Will Smith (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air) - Watch Will on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Steve Harvey (The Steve Harvey Show) - Steve visits The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. He chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Jason Bateman (Arrested Development/The Hogan Family/It's Your Move) - Jason visits The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Gael García Bernal (Mozart in the Jungle) - Gael is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Steve Agee (The Sarah Silverman Program) - Steve appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- The Cast of Fuller House - The cast of Fuller House are guests on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Patricia Heaton (The Middle/Back to You/Everybody Loves Raymond) - Patricia stops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Miss Piggy (The Muppets) - Miss Piggy and Harry perform Deck the Halls on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Meredith Hagner (Search Party/Men at Work) - Meredith is a guest on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Lauren Graham (The Odd Couple/Conrad Bloom/Townies) - Lauren appears on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- T.J. Miller (Silicon Valley/The Goodwin Games/Carpoolers) - T.J. talks about Office Christmas Party on the AOL Build Show at 3pm. He will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET. He can also be heard on The Morning Mash Up on SiriusXM at 9:50am.
- Bradley Whitford (Happyish/Trophy Wife) - Bradley is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Josh McDermitt (Retired at 35) - Josh can be heard on The Morning Mash Up on SiriusXM at 10:45am.
- Erinn Hayes (Kevin Can Wait/Guys with Kids/Worst Week) - Erinn talks about Kevin Can Wait on the AOL Build Show at 4pm.