Thursday, April 09, 2015
ABC Summer 2015 Schedule Includes Celeb Family Feud; Freaks and Geeks to Be Honored at TV Land Awards
ABC announced its summer lineup, with four new series joining the schedule: game show 500 Questions on Wednesday, May 20 at 8:00pm; drama The Whispers on Monday, June 1 at 10:01pm and game show Celebrity Family Feud on Sunday, June 21 at 8:00pm, followed by alternative series BattleBots on Sunday, June 21 at 9:00pm on ABC. Back to 500 Questions, the innovative "genius game show," from Mark Burnett and hosted by CNN's Richard Quest, will air nine hours over nine nights with its season finale set for Thursday, May 28. A premiere date for upcoming new drama Astronaut Wives' Club, starring stars like JoAnna Garcia-Swisher & Odette Annable, has not been announced yet, so stay tuned for that.
These series join returning shows The Bachelorette, which premieres Monday, May 18 at 9:00pm; Celebrity Wife Swap on Wednesday, May 20 at 10:00pm; Extreme Weight Loss on Tuesday, May 26 at 9:00pm; Mistresses, with a special two-hour premiere on Thursday, June 18 at 9:00pm; Rookie Blue on Thursday, June 25 at 10:00pm; and a two-night premiere of Bachelor in Paradise on Sunday, August 2 at 8:00pm and on Monday, August 3 at 8:00pm.
TV Land announced that Freaks and Geeks has been added to the list of honorees for the 2015 TV Land Awards, hosted by Terry Crews. Grammy® and Oscar® winner and best-selling recording artist Jennifer Hudson is also set for a musical performance at the ceremony, which tapes Saturday, April 11 at the Saban Theatre in Beverly Hills, and will air on Saturday, April 18 at 9pm ET/PT on TV Land with simulcasts on Nickelodeon and NickMom. Freaks and Geeks, which will receive the 15th Anniversary Award, is a cult comedy series that aired on NBC for only one season from 1999-2000, yet continues to find new fans every year. Starring actors who have gone on to A-list stardom, Freaks and Geeks revolves around Lindsay Weir, her brother Sam, and their two entirely different groups of friends: the "freaks" – druggies and delinquents – and the "geeks" – the socially awkward who are just trying to get through high school. Series creator Paul Feig and executive producer Judd Apatow, along with stars Seth Rogen, Jason Segel, Linda Cardellini, Busy Philipps, Samm Levine, Martin Starr, David Gruber Allen and Steve Bannos are confirmed to attend.
Grammy and Oscar-winning musician and actress Jennifer Hudson is set to deliver what is sure to be an outstanding musical performance at the TV Land Awards, singing "Whatever Makes You Happy" from the Billboard #1 soundtrack to Empire, the new monster hit on Fox. Keep it right here for continued updates on the 2015 TV Land Awards.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (December/January)
12/06 - Family Guy - Season Fourteen
12/13 - American Dad! - Volume 11
12/13 - Newhart - The Complete Seventh Season
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, January 20
Last Man Standing - "A House Divided" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Mike and Vanessa ask newlyweds Mandy and Kyle to tone down their constant displays of affection, Mandy agrees but only if her parents become more discreet in the way they express their feelings to each other. Meanwhile, Kristen gets Eve a gig playing at the Grill, but Ed wants to fire her after a lackluster performance.
Dr. Ken - "A Day in the Life" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Amy (guest star Yvette Nicole Brown), the producer of a documentary health series, follows Ken around to record a typical day at an HMO, giving Ken his big moment in the limelight. But much to Ken’s chagrin, a series of the less than thrilling day-to-day parts of the job at Welltopia leads Ken to doubt his own career choice.
Friday, January 20
- Anthony Anderson (black-ish/Guys with Kids/All About the Andersons) - Catch Anthony on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- JoAnna Garcia Swisher (Reba/Better with You) - JoAnna visits The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Jim Gaffigan (The Jim Gaffigan Show/My Boys/Welcome to New York) - Jim stops by The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Cristela Alonzo (Cristela) - Cristela drops by The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- John Lithgow (3rd Rock from the Sun/Twenty Good Years) - John is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ken Jeong (Dr. Ken/Community) - Ken is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He also appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Nicole Byer (Loosely, Exactly Nicole) - Nicole appears on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Joe Jonas (Jonas L.A.) - Joe guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Bernadette Peters (Mozart in the Jungle/All's Fair) - Bernadette is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Queen Latifah (Living Single) - Queen Latifah is a guest on a repeat of Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Andrew Dice Clay (Bless This House/Hitz) - Andrew stops by Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Johnny Galecki (The Big Bang Theory/Roseanne - Johnny discusses his role in the new film, Rings, and dishes on this season of The Big Bang Theory on the AOL Build Show at 1pm.