Thursday, April 09, 2015
ABC Summer 2015 Schedule Includes Celeb Family Feud; Freaks and Geeks to Be Honored at TV Land Awards
ABC announced its summer lineup, with four new series joining the schedule: game show 500 Questions on Wednesday, May 20 at 8:00pm; drama The Whispers on Monday, June 1 at 10:01pm and game show Celebrity Family Feud on Sunday, June 21 at 8:00pm, followed by alternative series BattleBots on Sunday, June 21 at 9:00pm on ABC. Back to 500 Questions, the innovative "genius game show," from Mark Burnett and hosted by CNN's Richard Quest, will air nine hours over nine nights with its season finale set for Thursday, May 28. A premiere date for upcoming new drama Astronaut Wives' Club, starring stars like JoAnna Garcia-Swisher & Odette Annable, has not been announced yet, so stay tuned for that.
These series join returning shows The Bachelorette, which premieres Monday, May 18 at 9:00pm; Celebrity Wife Swap on Wednesday, May 20 at 10:00pm; Extreme Weight Loss on Tuesday, May 26 at 9:00pm; Mistresses, with a special two-hour premiere on Thursday, June 18 at 9:00pm; Rookie Blue on Thursday, June 25 at 10:00pm; and a two-night premiere of Bachelor in Paradise on Sunday, August 2 at 8:00pm and on Monday, August 3 at 8:00pm.
TV Land announced that Freaks and Geeks has been added to the list of honorees for the 2015 TV Land Awards, hosted by Terry Crews. Grammy® and Oscar® winner and best-selling recording artist Jennifer Hudson is also set for a musical performance at the ceremony, which tapes Saturday, April 11 at the Saban Theatre in Beverly Hills, and will air on Saturday, April 18 at 9pm ET/PT on TV Land with simulcasts on Nickelodeon and NickMom. Freaks and Geeks, which will receive the 15th Anniversary Award, is a cult comedy series that aired on NBC for only one season from 1999-2000, yet continues to find new fans every year. Starring actors who have gone on to A-list stardom, Freaks and Geeks revolves around Lindsay Weir, her brother Sam, and their two entirely different groups of friends: the "freaks" – druggies and delinquents – and the "geeks" – the socially awkward who are just trying to get through high school. Series creator Paul Feig and executive producer Judd Apatow, along with stars Seth Rogen, Jason Segel, Linda Cardellini, Busy Philipps, Samm Levine, Martin Starr, David Gruber Allen and Steve Bannos are confirmed to attend.
Grammy and Oscar-winning musician and actress Jennifer Hudson is set to deliver what is sure to be an outstanding musical performance at the TV Land Awards, singing "Whatever Makes You Happy" from the Billboard #1 soundtrack to Empire, the new monster hit on Fox. Keep it right here for continued updates on the 2015 TV Land Awards.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (January/February)
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One / Review
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two / Review
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, February 25
The Thundermans - "Ditch Perfect" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Phoebe learns Max’s band plans to dump him, she suspects that his superhero training is hurting his friendships. Determined to help, she attempts to repair things with the band, but her good deeds quickly backfire.
Game Shakers - "Wedding Shower of Doom" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Dub’s brother shows up at Game Shakers and invites everyone except Dub to his wedding, the kids convince him to bring his brother into the fold, promising to make Dub behave himself at the event.
Monday, February 27
- Keri Russell (Running Wilde) - Watch Keri on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Connie Britton (Spin City/The Fighting Fitzgeralds/Lost at Home) - Connie appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Slink Johnson (Black Jesus) - Slick is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Adam Scott (Parks and Recreation) - Adam drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Josh Henderson (One on One) - Josh appears on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo. He also talks about The Arrangement on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- David Hyde Pierce (Frasier) - David chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Leighton Meester (Making History) - Leighton stops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Holly Robinson Peete (Hangin' with Mr. Cooper/For Your Love) - Holly visits Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- John Lithgow (Trial & Error/Twenty Good Years/3rd Rock from the Sun) - John talks about Trial & Error on NBC's Today in the 9am hour and on the AOL Build Show at 1:30pm.
- Billy Gardell (Mike & Molly) - Billy dishes on how This is Us is following in Mike & Molly’s footsteps – and why both shows are so beloved on People Now at 8:30am.
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends/The Comeback) and Craig Robinson (The Office) - Lisa and Craig talk about their new film Table 19 on the AOL Build Show at 2:30pm.
- Sinbad (A Different World/The Sinbad Show) - Sinbad is a guest on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.
- Bradley Whitford (Trophy Wife) - Bradley visits The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Craig Robinson (The Office/Mr. Robinson) - Craig appears on The Real, so check your local listings.