Wednesday, February 04, 2015
TBS Celebrates Thank a Mailman Day with Newman-Centric Seinfeld Episodes; TNT's Supernatural Superfan Wednesdays
"Thank a Mailman Day" arrives next week, and TBS is going to celebrate by inviting viewers to say, "Hello, Newman," to an evening of Seinfeld episodes featuring Jerry Seinfeld's sworn enemy from down the hall. Airing Wednesday, Feb. 4, from 6-8 p.m. (ET/PT), TBS's "Thank a Mailman Day" celebration will include four unforgettable Newman episodes, with Wayne Knight playing the always-scheming mailman to slimy perfection. After spending two straight hours with Newman, viewers are certain to come away with a greater appreciation of the hard-working mail carriers in their own lives. Newman is one of the most popular recurring characters featured on Seinfeld. With his maniacal laugh and twisted mind, Newman is Jerry's arch nemesis, the Lex Luthor to Jerry's Superman, though the reasons for their long-held enmity remain shrouded in mystery. To make matters worse, Jerry and Newman can't seem to stay out of each other's lives, especially since Newman is a close friend of Jerry's pal Kramer (Michael Richards).
Episodes chosen for TBS's "Thank a Mailman Day" celebration include "The Label Maker," in which Jerry gets stuck sitting next to Newman at the Super Bowl; "The Package," which has Newman investigate Jerry for mail fraud; and "The Andrea Doria," in which Jerry is roped into helping Newman deliver the mail. The lineup wraps up with "The Junk Mail," in which Newman reveals the shocking truth about the Postmaster General and his diabolical plans.
Meanwhile, TNT is celebrating Supernatural fandom this month with Supernatural Superfan Wednesdays, seven-hour, themed marathons of episodes airing from 1-8 p.m. (ET/PT) every Wednesday in February. In addition, TNT will set aside President's Day for a 11 hours of fan favorites, as well as episodes featuring meta storylines. The Supernatural Super-Meta Marathon is set to air from noon to 11 p.m. (ET/PT) on Monday, Feb. 16. In honor of Supernatural's passionate fan base, TNT will highlight select fan tweets on-air throughout the Wednesday marathons. To take part, fans can tweet their thoughts using the hashtag #TNTRewatch.
Supernatural follows the thrilling and terrifying journey of brothers Sam (Jared Padalecki) and Dean Winchester (Jensen Ackles), who lost their mother 27 years ago to a mysterious and demonic supernatural force. Subsequently, their father John (Jeffrey Dean Morgan) raised them to be soldiers. He taught them about the paranormal evil that lives in the dark corners and on the back roads of America... and he taught them how to kill it. The themes for Supernatural Superfan Wednesdays include "The Winchesters: Why So Serious" on Feb. 4, a marathon of funny episodes from the series; "The Bobby Singer Story" on Feb. 11, with episodes centering on the Winchester boys' surrogate father figure, played by Jim Beaver; "Killing Time" on Feb. 18, featuring episodes about time travel; and "The Lighter Side of Dean" on Feb. 25, with humorous episodes centering on the younger of the two Winchester brothers.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, September 26
The Big Bang Theory - "The Military Miniaturization" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Colonel Williams (Dean Norris), an Air Force representative from the Department of Material Command sits down to talk with Wolowitz.
Kevin Can Wait - "Sleep Disorder" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Kevin rearranges the house to his liking after his buddies convince him that Donna makes all their decisions and has taken over the house for her own benefit. Also, Kendra enlists her Uncle Kyle (Gary Valentine) to help toughen up Chale.
Monday, September 26
- Zach Galifianakis (Baskets) - Watch Zach on on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Rob Lowe (The Grinder/Parks and Recreation) - Rob appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also talks about Code Black on CBS This Morning sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings. He will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Kal Penn (We Are Men/How I Met Your Mother) - Kal is a guest on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth) - Will visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He will also be on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Norm Macdonald (Norm) - Norm stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Johnny Pemberton (Son of Zorn) - Johnny is a guest on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Margaret Cho (All-American Girl) - Margaret appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Jaleel White (Family Matters/Grown Ups) - Jaleel is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Patton Oswalt (The Goldbergs/The King of Queens) - Patton visits Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Whoopi Goldberg (Whoopi/Bagdad Cafe) - Whoopi drops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Kristin Chenoweth (Kristin) - Kristin performs live on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am. She also talks about her new album on the AOL Build Show at 3pm.
- Sutton Foster (Younger) - Sutton talks about Younger on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- The Cast of Younger) - Sutton Foster, Debi Mazar, Hilary Duff, Nico Tortorella, Peter Hermann, Miriam Shor and Molly Bernard are guests on the AOL Build Show at 2:15pm.