Wednesday, December 03, 2014
Telemundo Launches New Multicast Network with Classic TV Called TeleXitos; Broad City Season 1 DVD Giveaway
The Telemundo Station Group announced the launch of TeleXitos, the exciting new network that offers viewers a mix of popular action and adventure television series and feature films in Spanish. The new network will initially be available on the multicast channels of the Telemundo Station Group, which serves the largest Spanish-speaking markets in the United States, including Los Angeles, New York and Miami, and will later be available to local stations across the country. TeleXitos will serve as a destination for viewers who want to watch their favorite blockbuster action and adventure television series and movies from the 1970s to 2000s in Spanish. Kicking off the launch of TeleXitos is the syndicated action hit series, Miami Vice. Other TeleXitos programming includes The A-Team, VIP, Ripley's Believe It or Not, T.J. Hooker, Xena, Hercules and Homicide: Life On The Streets. TeleXitos will also feature blockbuster movies such as Hulk, The Interpreter, The Musketeer and Van Helsing.
At launch, the network is expected to reach nearly 20 million total households, including more than 4.5 million Hispanic households across the country. TeleXitos will be programmed around the clock, complement existing Telemundo content and offer local Telemundo stations the opportunity to schedule daily blocks of time with local programming that is of interest to their viewers, like news, sports and special events. Viewers across 16 television markets will be able to watch TeleXitos programming on the multicast channels of their local Telemundo stations, which serve the nation's top Hispanic markets. TeleXitos replaces Exitos, which aired popular novelas previously seen on the Telemundo Network. The Telemundo stations that air TeleXitos include KVEA in Los Angeles, WNJU in New York, WSCV in Miami-Fort Lauderdale, KTMD in Houston, KXTX in Dallas-Fort Worth, WSNS in Chicago, KSTS in the San Francisco Bay Area, KVDA in San Antonio, KHRR in Phoenix, KTAZ in Tucson, KTLM in Harlingen, KNSO in Fresno, KDEN in Denver, WWSI in Philadelphia, WNEU in Boston and KBRL in Las Vegas. Moreover, viewers in West Palm Beach (FL) market will also be able to watch TeleXitos over-the-air or on Xfinity channel 229.
We have 3 copies of Broad City - Season 1 on DVD as well as 3 Broad City maps for giveaway thanks to the fine folks at Paramount and Comedy Central. Making quick bank by "returning" office supplies from your temp job? Check. Identifying the suspicious stains on the rental apartment wall? Done. From the collective minds of Abbi Jacobson and Ilana Grazer, and Executive Produced by Amy Poehler, Broad City follows the adventures of two best friends working the big city. No matter how bad it gets, these broads are always down with whatever hits them. Includes all 10 episodes from Season 1, uncensored with exclusive special features. Includes Limited Edition Map of New York City personally hand drawn by Abbi Jacobson. Guest stars include Fred Armisen, Hannibal Buress, Rachel Dratch, Janeane Garofalo, Jason Mantzoukas, Matt Jones, Amy Sedaris and Amy Poehler.
To enter our giveaway, read the rules and submit your e-mail via our contact form. Limit only "one" entry per person. The contest began Tuesday, December 3 and ends at the end of Friday, December 12. Good luck!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (March/April)
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
04/04 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Fifth Season
04/11 - Father Knows Best - Season Five
04/11 - Schitt's Creek - The Complete Third Season
04/11 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/11 - Veep - The Complete Fifth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Tuesday, April 25
The Middle - "Trip and Fall" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Trashy neighbor Rita Glossner (Brooke Shields) talks an apprehensive Frankie into taking a road trip to an unknown destination; Mike takes an embarrassing fall at the quarry and has to deal with even more embarrassment when OSHA is called in to investigate; and Sue attempts to convince Axl to end his estrangement with the family after learning their true feelings about April.
American Housewife - "The Otto Motto" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Taylor keeps quitting school activities, Greg says that Katie, quite the quitter herself, sets a poor example. He challenges her to finally learn French after quitting lessons so long ago, so she reluctantly enrolls in a college class.
Speechless - "S-I-- SICK D-A-- DAY" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Maya gets sick, Jimmy is forced to be the mom of the house, and Dylan becomes Kenneth’s replacement for JJ when Kenneth also gets sick. Jimmy ends up doing well with Maya’s normal duties, but he tries to keep it from her to avoid her feeling bad. Meanwhile, JJ protects Dylan from a boy she’s interested in. And despite its illness, the family bands together and pulls an all-nighter to finish Ray’s school project.
Imaginary Mary - "In a World Where Worlds Collide" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Alice freaks out when her friends want to meet Ben. But when an outing with everyone goes surprisingly well, Alice wants to meet Ben’s friends. However, Ben is hesitant but devises a plan that will impress Alice; but later, he makes a surprising admission.
Brooklyn Nine-Nine - "The Last Ride" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
In what could be their last case as partners, Jake and Charles go to great extremes to apprehend a local bike thief. Terry shockingly isn’t in the lead for “Mr. Nine-Nine” (the detective who has solved the most cases), leaving Rosa determined to boost his ego. Meanwhile, Amy spends some precious time with Holt.
The Mick - "The Implant" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Sabrina tells Mickey she wants to augment her figure, so Mickey decides the best way to dissuade her from doing so is to do a test-run in public. Meanwhile, Jimmy takes Chip and Ben to a baseball game to teach them how to be more masculine.
Great News - "Pilot" (NBC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Katie (Briga Heelan), a frustrated cable news producer, is horrified when her mom, Carol (Andrea Martin), gets an internship at "The Breakdown." Despite Katie's best efforts, Carol is instantly beloved by the entire office, including blowhard veteran anchor Chuck (John Michael Higgins). But when Katie hits a roadblock while producing a big story, she realizes that maybe having a mom at work isn't such a bad thing.
Great News - "Bear Attack" (NBC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Katie (Briga Heelan) tries to set workplace boundaries with Carol (Andrea Martin), but when a big story about an escaped bear lands in her lap, her mom can't help but meddle. Meanwhile, Greg (Adam Campbell) tries to get Chuck (John Michael Higgins) and Portia (Nicole Richie) to do a little friendly banter at the end of the show.
The Detour - "The Mule" (TBS, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Robin and Nate live out their action movie fantasies as they make their way to the kids, who are actually doing fine without them.
The Detour - "The Ass" (TBS, 10:30PM ET/PT)
The family reunites, but this time Robin makes a huge mistake.
Tuesday, April 25
- Amanda Peet (Brockmire/Togetherness/Bent) - Catch Amanda on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC. She also appears on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Patton Oswalt (The Goldbergs/The King of Queens) - Patton stops by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Kal Penn (We Are Men/How I Met Your Mother) - Kal is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Sanaa Lathan (Family Guy/The Cleveland Show/LateLine) - Sanaa stops by Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Reid Scott (Veep/My Boys) - Reid visits Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Arden Myrin (Working) - Arden appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Hank Azaria (Brockmire/The Simpsons/Free Agents) - Hank is a guest on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Andrea Martin (Difficult People/Working the Engels) - Andrea visits Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- John Leguizamo (The Brothers Garcia) - John guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Patti LaBelle (Out All Night) - Patti will be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Andrea Martin (Great News/Difficult People/Working the Engels) - Andrea talks about Good News on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and in the 10am hour.
- Alfonso Ribeiro (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air/In the House/Silver Spoons) - Alfonso will be on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Jason Jones (The Detour) - Jason talks about The Detour on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Ross Lynch (Austin & Ally) - Ross opens up about his new movie My Friend Dahmer on People Now at 8:30am.
- Tim Daly (Wings) - Tim is a guest on the AOL Build Show at 11am.
- Peter Engel (Producer of Saved by the Bell/California Dreams/Hang Time) - Peter dishes about his new memoir I Was Saved by the Bell on the The Wendy Williams Show at 2am on BET or on your local stations.
- Sherri Shepherd (Trial & Error/Less Than Perfect/Sherri) - Sherri is a guest on The Real, so check your local listings.
- Danny DeVito (It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia/Taxi) - Danny appears on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.