Wednesday, December 03, 2014
Telemundo Launches New Multicast Network with Classic TV Called TeleXitos; Broad City Season 1 DVD Giveaway
The Telemundo Station Group announced the launch of TeleXitos, the exciting new network that offers viewers a mix of popular action and adventure television series and feature films in Spanish. The new network will initially be available on the multicast channels of the Telemundo Station Group, which serves the largest Spanish-speaking markets in the United States, including Los Angeles, New York and Miami, and will later be available to local stations across the country. TeleXitos will serve as a destination for viewers who want to watch their favorite blockbuster action and adventure television series and movies from the 1970s to 2000s in Spanish. Kicking off the launch of TeleXitos is the syndicated action hit series, Miami Vice. Other TeleXitos programming includes The A-Team, VIP, Ripley's Believe It or Not, T.J. Hooker, Xena, Hercules and Homicide: Life On The Streets. TeleXitos will also feature blockbuster movies such as Hulk, The Interpreter, The Musketeer and Van Helsing.
At launch, the network is expected to reach nearly 20 million total households, including more than 4.5 million Hispanic households across the country. TeleXitos will be programmed around the clock, complement existing Telemundo content and offer local Telemundo stations the opportunity to schedule daily blocks of time with local programming that is of interest to their viewers, like news, sports and special events. Viewers across 16 television markets will be able to watch TeleXitos programming on the multicast channels of their local Telemundo stations, which serve the nation's top Hispanic markets. TeleXitos replaces Exitos, which aired popular novelas previously seen on the Telemundo Network. The Telemundo stations that air TeleXitos include KVEA in Los Angeles, WNJU in New York, WSCV in Miami-Fort Lauderdale, KTMD in Houston, KXTX in Dallas-Fort Worth, WSNS in Chicago, KSTS in the San Francisco Bay Area, KVDA in San Antonio, KHRR in Phoenix, KTAZ in Tucson, KTLM in Harlingen, KNSO in Fresno, KDEN in Denver, WWSI in Philadelphia, WNEU in Boston and KBRL in Las Vegas. Moreover, viewers in West Palm Beach (FL) market will also be able to watch TeleXitos over-the-air or on Xfinity channel 229.
We have 3 copies of Broad City - Season 1 on DVD as well as 3 Broad City maps for giveaway thanks to the fine folks at Paramount and Comedy Central. Making quick bank by "returning" office supplies from your temp job? Check. Identifying the suspicious stains on the rental apartment wall? Done. From the collective minds of Abbi Jacobson and Ilana Grazer, and Executive Produced by Amy Poehler, Broad City follows the adventures of two best friends working the big city. No matter how bad it gets, these broads are always down with whatever hits them. Includes all 10 episodes from Season 1, uncensored with exclusive special features. Includes Limited Edition Map of New York City personally hand drawn by Abbi Jacobson. Guest stars include Fred Armisen, Hannibal Buress, Rachel Dratch, Janeane Garofalo, Jason Mantzoukas, Matt Jones, Amy Sedaris and Amy Poehler.
To enter our giveaway, read the rules and submit your e-mail via our contact form. Limit only "one" entry per person. The contest began Tuesday, December 3 and ends at the end of Friday, December 12. Good luck!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, October 24
Kevin Can Wait - "Beat the Parents" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Kevin and Donna are thrilled when their son, Jack, makes friends with a boy from school, Grayden (Graydon Peter Yosowitz), however, when Donna and Kevin don’t hit it off with Grayden’s arrogant father, Vic (Ray Romano), and his pushy wife, Brandi (Lindsay Broad), they set out to sabotage the boys’ new friendship. Matt Romano guest stars as Vic’s second son, Braden.
Man with a Plan - "Pilot" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Golden Globe Award winner Matt LeBlanc stars as Adam, a contractor who starts spending more time with his three kids when his wife, Andi, goes back to work and discovers the truth all parents eventually realize—their little angels are maniacs.
2 Broke Girls - "And the Godmama Drama" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Oleg and Sophie’s plan to have Max and Caroline as Barbara’s godparents is derailed when Oleg’s domineering mother, Olga (Mercedes Ruehl), arrives from the Ukraine for the baby’s baptism and fires Max and Caroline from their godparent duties.
The Odd Couple - "Food Fight" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When Oscar learns that his favorite hangout, Langford’s, is in financial trouble, he impulsively asks Felix to help save it, without considering the disastrous consequences. Also, Felix tries to make his mark on the restaurant when the owner, Fred Langford (Fred Willard), puts him in charge for a few days.
Monday, October 24
- Ricky Gervais (The Office) - Watch Ricky on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Tom Hanks (Bosom Buddies) - Tom appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also talks about Inferno on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Elijah Wood (Wilfred) - Elijah is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Ana Gasteyer (People of Earth/Lady Dynamite/Suburgatory) - Ana visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Nick Offerman (Parks and Recreation) - Nick stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ron Howard (Happy Days/The Andy Griffith Show) - Ron appears on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Kate Micucci (Raising Hope/The Big Bang Theory) - Kate is a guest on a repeat of @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Zooey Deschanel (New Girl) - Zooey appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Michael Chiklis (Daddio) - Michael drops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Jameela Jamil (The Good Place) - Jameela appears on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Aya Cash (You're the Worst) - Aya talks about You're the Worst on the AOL Build ShoW at 2pm. She will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth) - Will is a guest on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Mary Steenburgen (The Last Man on Earth/Ink) - Mary talks about The Last Man on Earth on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. She will also be on the AOL Build Show at 12:30pm.
- Anna Camp (The Mindy Project) - Anna talks about Good Girls Revolt on People Now at 8:30am.
- James Brolin (Life in Pieces) - James is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Matt LeBlanc (Man with a Plan/Episodes/Joey/Friends) - Matt appears on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Nico Tortorella (Younger) - Nico guest co-hosts The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.