Wednesday, December 03, 2014
Telemundo Launches New Multicast Network with Classic TV Called TeleXitos; Broad City Season 1 DVD Giveaway
The Telemundo Station Group announced the launch of TeleXitos, the exciting new network that offers viewers a mix of popular action and adventure television series and feature films in Spanish. The new network will initially be available on the multicast channels of the Telemundo Station Group, which serves the largest Spanish-speaking markets in the United States, including Los Angeles, New York and Miami, and will later be available to local stations across the country. TeleXitos will serve as a destination for viewers who want to watch their favorite blockbuster action and adventure television series and movies from the 1970s to 2000s in Spanish. Kicking off the launch of TeleXitos is the syndicated action hit series, Miami Vice. Other TeleXitos programming includes The A-Team, VIP, Ripley's Believe It or Not, T.J. Hooker, Xena, Hercules and Homicide: Life On The Streets. TeleXitos will also feature blockbuster movies such as Hulk, The Interpreter, The Musketeer and Van Helsing.
At launch, the network is expected to reach nearly 20 million total households, including more than 4.5 million Hispanic households across the country. TeleXitos will be programmed around the clock, complement existing Telemundo content and offer local Telemundo stations the opportunity to schedule daily blocks of time with local programming that is of interest to their viewers, like news, sports and special events. Viewers across 16 television markets will be able to watch TeleXitos programming on the multicast channels of their local Telemundo stations, which serve the nation's top Hispanic markets. TeleXitos replaces Exitos, which aired popular novelas previously seen on the Telemundo Network. The Telemundo stations that air TeleXitos include KVEA in Los Angeles, WNJU in New York, WSCV in Miami-Fort Lauderdale, KTMD in Houston, KXTX in Dallas-Fort Worth, WSNS in Chicago, KSTS in the San Francisco Bay Area, KVDA in San Antonio, KHRR in Phoenix, KTAZ in Tucson, KTLM in Harlingen, KNSO in Fresno, KDEN in Denver, WWSI in Philadelphia, WNEU in Boston and KBRL in Las Vegas. Moreover, viewers in West Palm Beach (FL) market will also be able to watch TeleXitos over-the-air or on Xfinity channel 229.
We have 3 copies of Broad City - Season 1 on DVD as well as 3 Broad City maps for giveaway thanks to the fine folks at Paramount and Comedy Central. Making quick bank by "returning" office supplies from your temp job? Check. Identifying the suspicious stains on the rental apartment wall? Done. From the collective minds of Abbi Jacobson and Ilana Grazer, and Executive Produced by Amy Poehler, Broad City follows the adventures of two best friends working the big city. No matter how bad it gets, these broads are always down with whatever hits them. Includes all 10 episodes from Season 1, uncensored with exclusive special features. Includes Limited Edition Map of New York City personally hand drawn by Abbi Jacobson. Guest stars include Fred Armisen, Hannibal Buress, Rachel Dratch, Janeane Garofalo, Jason Mantzoukas, Matt Jones, Amy Sedaris and Amy Poehler.
To enter our giveaway, read the rules and submit your e-mail via our contact form. Limit only "one" entry per person. The contest began Tuesday, December 3 and ends at the end of Friday, December 12. Good luck!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (April/May)
04/04 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Fifth Season
04/11 - Father Knows Best - Season Five
04/11 - Schitt's Creek - The Complete Third Season
04/11 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/11 - Veep - The Complete Fifth Season
05/02 - Red, White and Blue Collar Sitcoms - Make TV Great Again
05/09 - ALF - The Complete DVD Collection
05/09 - Divorce - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
05/09 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Second Season
05/16 - The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air - The Complete Series
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, May 22
Angie Tribeca - "License to Drill" (TBS, 10:30PM ET/PT)
Geils lands in trouble when he helps a woman investigate whether her husband is having an affair.
Young & Hungry - "Young & Amnesia" (Freeform, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Gabi attempts to cure Josh's amnesia by re-creating the first time they met.
Baby Daddy - "Daddy's Girl" (Freeform, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Riley is confined to the couch; Ben struggles to answer Emma's questions about her mother.
Monday, May 22
- Chelsea Handler (Are You There, Chelsea?) - Watch Chelsea on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. She chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Kyle Chandler (What About Joan?) - Kyle appears on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He also talks about Bloodline on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Michaela Watkins (Casual/Trophy Wife) - Michaela is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Seaton Smith (Mulaney) - Seaton stops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Nicole Richie (Great News) - Nicole visits Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Nico Tortorella (Younger) - Nico appears on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Kym Whitley (Young & Hungry/Animal Practice/The Parkers) - Kym guest co-hosts The Real, so check your local listings.
- Tichina Arnold (Survivor's Remorse/Happily Divorced/Everybody Hates Chris/Martin) - Tichina appears on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Brenda Strong (The Help/Scorch) - Brenda talks about Supergirl on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Tituss Burgess (Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt) - Tituss joins Clinton Kelly to whip up a delicious delight on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Patti LaBelle (Out All Night) - Patti performs a jazz song from her new album on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.
- Loretta Devine and Lil Rel Howery (The Carmichael Show) - Loretta and Lil are guests on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 11:30am ET.
- Zoe Lister-Jones (Life in Pieces/Friends with Better Lives/Whitney) - Zoe talks about her new comedy Band Aid on the AOL Build Show 1pm.
- Ellie Reed (Girlboss) - Ellie talks about Girlboss on the AOL Build Show at 5pm.