Wednesday, December 03, 2014
Telemundo Launches New Multicast Network with Classic TV Called TeleXitos; Broad City Season 1 DVD Giveaway
The Telemundo Station Group announced the launch of TeleXitos, the exciting new network that offers viewers a mix of popular action and adventure television series and feature films in Spanish. The new network will initially be available on the multicast channels of the Telemundo Station Group, which serves the largest Spanish-speaking markets in the United States, including Los Angeles, New York and Miami, and will later be available to local stations across the country. TeleXitos will serve as a destination for viewers who want to watch their favorite blockbuster action and adventure television series and movies from the 1970s to 2000s in Spanish. Kicking off the launch of TeleXitos is the syndicated action hit series, Miami Vice. Other TeleXitos programming includes The A-Team, VIP, Ripley's Believe It or Not, T.J. Hooker, Xena, Hercules and Homicide: Life On The Streets. TeleXitos will also feature blockbuster movies such as Hulk, The Interpreter, The Musketeer and Van Helsing.
At launch, the network is expected to reach nearly 20 million total households, including more than 4.5 million Hispanic households across the country. TeleXitos will be programmed around the clock, complement existing Telemundo content and offer local Telemundo stations the opportunity to schedule daily blocks of time with local programming that is of interest to their viewers, like news, sports and special events. Viewers across 16 television markets will be able to watch TeleXitos programming on the multicast channels of their local Telemundo stations, which serve the nation's top Hispanic markets. TeleXitos replaces Exitos, which aired popular novelas previously seen on the Telemundo Network. The Telemundo stations that air TeleXitos include KVEA in Los Angeles, WNJU in New York, WSCV in Miami-Fort Lauderdale, KTMD in Houston, KXTX in Dallas-Fort Worth, WSNS in Chicago, KSTS in the San Francisco Bay Area, KVDA in San Antonio, KHRR in Phoenix, KTAZ in Tucson, KTLM in Harlingen, KNSO in Fresno, KDEN in Denver, WWSI in Philadelphia, WNEU in Boston and KBRL in Las Vegas. Moreover, viewers in West Palm Beach (FL) market will also be able to watch TeleXitos over-the-air or on Xfinity channel 229.
We have 3 copies of Broad City - Season 1 on DVD as well as 3 Broad City maps for giveaway thanks to the fine folks at Paramount and Comedy Central. Making quick bank by "returning" office supplies from your temp job? Check. Identifying the suspicious stains on the rental apartment wall? Done. From the collective minds of Abbi Jacobson and Ilana Grazer, and Executive Produced by Amy Poehler, Broad City follows the adventures of two best friends working the big city. No matter how bad it gets, these broads are always down with whatever hits them. Includes all 10 episodes from Season 1, uncensored with exclusive special features. Includes Limited Edition Map of New York City personally hand drawn by Abbi Jacobson. Guest stars include Fred Armisen, Hannibal Buress, Rachel Dratch, Janeane Garofalo, Jason Mantzoukas, Matt Jones, Amy Sedaris and Amy Poehler.
To enter our giveaway, read the rules and submit your e-mail via our contact form. Limit only "one" entry per person. The contest began Tuesday, December 3 and ends at the end of Friday, December 12. Good luck!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, September 24
Henry Danger - "Love Muffin" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Captain Man suddenly announces he's getting married, Henry and Charlotte go searching for answers only to discover that things are not as they seem.
Game Shakers - "Secret Level" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Hudson releases false information about a secret level in a Game Shakers' game, Game Shakers is besieged by angry, crazy fans. Babe uses the secret level to go on a date with Mason Kendal.
School of Rock - "Wouldn't It Be Nice?" (Nickelodeon, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Summer's failed attempt to share a locker with Freddy sets off a chain reaction of locker-switching that puts the entire band out of sync. Guest Star: Brec Bassinger
Saturday, September 24
- Norm Macdonald (Norm) - Watch Norm on CBS This Morning sometime between 7-9am.
- Mark Consuelos (Hope & Faith) - Catch Mark on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Zach Galifianakis (Baskets) - Watch Zach on on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Rob Lowe (The Grinder/Parks and Recreation) - Rob appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also talks about Code Black on CBS This Morning sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings. He will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Kal Penn (We Are Men/How I Met Your Mother) - Kal is a guest on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth) - Will visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He will also be on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Norm Macdonald (Norm) - Norm stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Margaret Cho (All-American Girl) - Margaret appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Jaleel White (Family Matters/Grown Ups) - Jaleel is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Patton Oswalt (The Goldbergs/The King of Queens) - Patton visits Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Whoopi Goldberg (Whoopi/Bagdad Cafe) - Whoopi drops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Kristin Chenoweth (Kristin) - Kristin performs live on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am. She also talks about her new album on the AOL Build Show at 3pm.
- Sutton Foster (Younger) - Sutton talks about Younger on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- The Cast of Younger) - Sutton Foster, Debi Mazar, Hilary Duff, Nico Tortorella, Peter Hermann, Miriam Shor and Molly Bernard are guests on the AOL Build Show at 2:15pm.