Wednesday, December 03, 2014
Telemundo Launches New Multicast Network with Classic TV Called TeleXitos; Broad City Season 1 DVD Giveaway
The Telemundo Station Group announced the launch of TeleXitos, the exciting new network that offers viewers a mix of popular action and adventure television series and feature films in Spanish. The new network will initially be available on the multicast channels of the Telemundo Station Group, which serves the largest Spanish-speaking markets in the United States, including Los Angeles, New York and Miami, and will later be available to local stations across the country. TeleXitos will serve as a destination for viewers who want to watch their favorite blockbuster action and adventure television series and movies from the 1970s to 2000s in Spanish. Kicking off the launch of TeleXitos is the syndicated action hit series, Miami Vice. Other TeleXitos programming includes The A-Team, VIP, Ripley's Believe It or Not, T.J. Hooker, Xena, Hercules and Homicide: Life On The Streets. TeleXitos will also feature blockbuster movies such as Hulk, The Interpreter, The Musketeer and Van Helsing.
At launch, the network is expected to reach nearly 20 million total households, including more than 4.5 million Hispanic households across the country. TeleXitos will be programmed around the clock, complement existing Telemundo content and offer local Telemundo stations the opportunity to schedule daily blocks of time with local programming that is of interest to their viewers, like news, sports and special events. Viewers across 16 television markets will be able to watch TeleXitos programming on the multicast channels of their local Telemundo stations, which serve the nation's top Hispanic markets. TeleXitos replaces Exitos, which aired popular novelas previously seen on the Telemundo Network. The Telemundo stations that air TeleXitos include KVEA in Los Angeles, WNJU in New York, WSCV in Miami-Fort Lauderdale, KTMD in Houston, KXTX in Dallas-Fort Worth, WSNS in Chicago, KSTS in the San Francisco Bay Area, KVDA in San Antonio, KHRR in Phoenix, KTAZ in Tucson, KTLM in Harlingen, KNSO in Fresno, KDEN in Denver, WWSI in Philadelphia, WNEU in Boston and KBRL in Las Vegas. Moreover, viewers in West Palm Beach (FL) market will also be able to watch TeleXitos over-the-air or on Xfinity channel 229.
We have 3 copies of Broad City - Season 1 on DVD as well as 3 Broad City maps for giveaway thanks to the fine folks at Paramount and Comedy Central. Making quick bank by "returning" office supplies from your temp job? Check. Identifying the suspicious stains on the rental apartment wall? Done. From the collective minds of Abbi Jacobson and Ilana Grazer, and Executive Produced by Amy Poehler, Broad City follows the adventures of two best friends working the big city. No matter how bad it gets, these broads are always down with whatever hits them. Includes all 10 episodes from Season 1, uncensored with exclusive special features. Includes Limited Edition Map of New York City personally hand drawn by Abbi Jacobson. Guest stars include Fred Armisen, Hannibal Buress, Rachel Dratch, Janeane Garofalo, Jason Mantzoukas, Matt Jones, Amy Sedaris and Amy Poehler.
To enter our giveaway, read the rules and submit your e-mail via our contact form. Limit only "one" entry per person. The contest began Tuesday, December 3 and ends at the end of Friday, December 12. Good luck!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (January/February)
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One / Review
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two / Review
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Sunday, February 26
Son of Zorn - "All Hail Son of Zorn" (Fox, 7:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Seeing an opportunity to get Linda’s old job back, Zorn increases Sanitation Solutions’ business by tapping into the Zephyrian market. Alan tries to win Layla back by becoming Prom King – with Zorn’s help.
Bob's Burgers - "They Serve Horses, Don't They?" (Fox, 7:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
After a tip from Jimmy Pesto (guest voice Jay Johnston), Bob secures a new meat provider who claims to save clients money on every order. The Belchers quickly realize that the situation is too good to be true, as they find themselves involved in a full-blown investigation, led by Hugo (guest voice Ken Marino) and Ron (guest voice Ron Lynch). Will Bob crack under the pressure or will he lead the investigators to a huge victory?
The Simpsons - "Havana Wild Weekend" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When the Retirement Castle and the V.A. Hospital can’t solve Grampa’s health issues, the Simpsons decide to take a family trip to Cuba to get him cheap medical care.
The Simpsons - "There Will Be Buds" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Homer gets roped into coaching the kids’ lacrosse team with Milhouse’s dad, Kirk, who is in desperate need of a friend. When Kirk gets too clingy, Homer vents about how much of a loser he is. Kirk overhears his rant and disappears, right when the team needs him most: the championship game.
Family Guy - "The Boys in the Band" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Stewie and Brian form a children’s band that quickly rises to fame until they let a girl get between them and drive the band apart. Meanwhile, Peter and Lois insist that Chris gets a job so he takes a job managing Quagmire’s sex life as his personal assistant.
Family Guy - "Bookie of the Year" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Brian and Lois decide it’s time for Chris to work out his anger management issues by taking up a sport. Chris surprises everyone and becomes a star baseball pitcher, which turns Peter into a gambling father, as he bets on his son’s baseball games. Meanwhile, Stewie, Brian and Frank Sinatra Jr. attempt to open an Italian restaurant .
Monday, February 27
- Keri Russell (Running Wilde) - Watch Keri on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Connie Britton (Spin City/The Fighting Fitzgeralds/Lost at Home) - Connie appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Slink Johnson (Black Jesus) - Slick is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Adam Scott (Parks and Recreation) - Adam drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Josh Henderson (One on One) - Josh appears on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo. He also talks about The Arrangement on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- David Hyde Pierce (Frasier) - David chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Leighton Meester (Making History) - Leighton stops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Holly Robinson Peete (Hangin' with Mr. Cooper/For Your Love) - Holly visits Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- John Lithgow (Trial & Error/Twenty Good Years/3rd Rock from the Sun) - John talks about Trial & Error on NBC's Today in the 9am hour and on the AOL Build Show at 1:30pm.
- Billy Gardell (Mike & Molly) - Billy dishes on how This is Us is following in Mike & Molly’s footsteps – and why both shows are so beloved on People Now at 8:30am.
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends/The Comeback) and Craig Robinson (The Office) - Lisa and Craig talk about their new film Table 19 on the AOL Build Show at 2:30pm.
- Sinbad (A Different World/The Sinbad Show) - Sinbad is a guest on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.
- Bradley Whitford (Trophy Wife) - Bradley visits The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Craig Robinson (The Office/Mr. Robinson) - Craig appears on The Real, so check your local listings.