Thursday, December 18, 2014
FXX will launch its new late-night animation block at midnight on January 22 featuring all-new episodes of Lucas Bros. Moving Co. and Stone Quackers. Fans will get a sneak peek at the animation block on January 1 at 12 AM ET/PT immediately following a special marathon of The Simpsons. Following the official launch on January 22, the animation block will air on Thursdays at midnight ET/PT, featuring fresh episodes of Lucas Bros. Moving Co. and Stone Quackers. As for the sneak preview, beginning with The Simpsons Movie on Wednesday, December 31, at 7 PM ET/PT, FXX's exclusive 29-hour marathon will telecast every premiere and finale from 25 seasons of The Simpsons, culminating in an encore showing of The Simpsons Movie on Thursday, January 1, at 10 PM ET/PT. The animation block will follow the marathon with new episodes of Lucas Bros. Moving Co. and Stone Quackers, along with encore showings of High School USA!, Axe Cop and other animated shorts.
Fans of Archer, FX's #1 rated comedy series, will also be treated to the new episodes of Lucas Bros. Moving Co. and Stone Quackers immediately following the Season 6 premiere of Archer on FX on Thursday, January 8 at 10 PM ET/PT. FXX's new animation block officially premieres at midnight ET/PT on January 22, anchored by eight all-new episodes of Lucas Bros. Moving Co. and Stone Quackers, along with episodes of High School USA! and Axe Cop. New installments of the one-hour animation block will follow on Thursdays at midnight on FXX.
The star of the hit series Brooklyn Nine-Nine, Terry Crews, has been tapped to host the new unscripted comedy World's Funniest Falls, premiering Friday, Jan. 16 at 8:00PM ET/PT on Fox. Crews also hosts the syndicated game show Who Wants to be a Millionaire. An irreverent one-hour series, World's Funniest Falls is inspired by the hit YouTube channel, FailArmy, which showcases the best "epic fail" viral videos in the most entertaining ways possible. Each week a panel of celebrities and comedians will analyze the videos which have exploded across the internet, with the goal of awarding one with the ultimate "Fail of the Week." Panelists to be announced soon. Owned and operated by Jukin Media, the worldwide leader in the discovery, acquisition and distribution of user-generated and viral video content, FailArmy is the premier destination for the funniest videos on the web. FailArmy is a Top 100 YouTube channel with more than six million subscribers and one billion total video views.
You can still catch Terry every Sunday night at 8:30pm on Fox's Brooklyn Nine-Nine. Over the past few years, Crews has been one of those actors whom fans see almost everywhere. As the overworked dad on Everybody Hates Chris, a tough guy in the feature franchise The Expendables, the loveable goofball in White Chicks, "Will McAvoy's" bodyguard in The Newsroom, the pec-popping Old Spice pitchman and randy congressman "Herbert Love" in Arrested Development, Crews has proven that he's adept at both drama and comedy.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Sunday, October 23
The Simpsons - "Treehouse of Horror XXVI" (Fox, 7:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
In an encore of last season’s Halloween episode, Sideshow Bob finally kills Bart, only to reanimate him; Homer wakes up with short-term memory loss; and Lisa, Bart, and Milhouse get super powers from radiation.
Bob's Burgers - "Teen-a-Witch" (Fox, 7:30PM ET/PT)
With Halloween quickly approaching, Tina reveals her brilliant idea that will finally win her first place in the annual costume contest. When Tammy steals her idea, Tina is forced to seek the help of Mr. Ambrose, who leads her to alternate and other-worldly methods of winning. Meanwhile, Bob is on a mission to figure out who is stealing his perfectly crafted pumpkins.
The Simpsons - "Trust But Clarify" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Lisa and Bart investigate Krusty’s suspicious new “Krustaceans” candy. Meanwhile, Homer wants a promotion at the nuclear plant and asks Marge to help him dress the part, and news anchor Kent Brockman struggles to find his feet in the changing media world.
Son of Zorn - "A Taste of Zephyria" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT)
After learning how Zephyria is depicted in the media, Zorn attempts to teach Alan about his culture. Meanwhile, Edie wages war with her new neighbors over their talking garden gnome.
Family Guy - "Inside Family Guy" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT)
FAMILY GUY takes viewers behind the scenes of a regular “FAMILY GUY” production week, with James Woods as the guide. See the ins-and-outs of what goes into the making of a “FAMILY GUY” episode and watch the drama unfold as Peter is replaced and ends up in the office of Fox Television Group Chairmen and CEOs Dana Walden and Gary Newman to pitch his very own new series.
The Last Man on Earth - "Five Hoda Kotbs" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT)
A post-apocalyptic road trip has everyone at war with each other and Gail is really pushed to her breaking point.
Bizaardvark - "Spoiler Alert: Belissa Returns" (Disney Channel, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Paige and Frankie hit a writing slump and other bad things start happening to them, Paige begins to think they are cursed; Amelia and Dirk are at odds when the lifestyle Diva declutters the Dare Lair.
Sunday, October 23
- Patti LaBelle (Out All Night) - Catch Patti on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Ricky Gervais (The Office) - Watch Ricky on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Tom Hanks (Bosom Buddies) - Tom appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also talks about Inferno on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Elijah Wood (Wilfred) - Elijah is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Ana Gasteyer (People of Earth/Lady Dynamite/Suburgatory) - Ana visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Nick Offerman (Parks and Recreation) - Nick stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ron Howard (Happy Days/The Andy Griffith Show) - Ron appears on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Zooey Deschanel (New Girl) - Zooey is a guest on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Michael Chiklis (Daddio) - Michael drops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Jameela Jamil (The Good Place) - Jameela appears on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Aya Cash (You're the Worst) - Aya talks about You're the Worst on the AOL Build ShoW at 2pm. She will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth) - Will is a guest on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Mary Steenburgen (The Last Man on Earth/Ink) - Mary talks about The Last Man on Earth on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. She will also be on the AOL Build Show at 12:30pm.
- Anna Camp (The Mindy Project) - Anna talks about Good Girls Revolt on People Now at 8:30am.
- James Brolin (Life in Pieces) - James is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.