Thursday, December 18, 2014
FXX will launch its new late-night animation block at midnight on January 22 featuring all-new episodes of Lucas Bros. Moving Co. and Stone Quackers. Fans will get a sneak peek at the animation block on January 1 at 12 AM ET/PT immediately following a special marathon of The Simpsons. Following the official launch on January 22, the animation block will air on Thursdays at midnight ET/PT, featuring fresh episodes of Lucas Bros. Moving Co. and Stone Quackers. As for the sneak preview, beginning with The Simpsons Movie on Wednesday, December 31, at 7 PM ET/PT, FXX's exclusive 29-hour marathon will telecast every premiere and finale from 25 seasons of The Simpsons, culminating in an encore showing of The Simpsons Movie on Thursday, January 1, at 10 PM ET/PT. The animation block will follow the marathon with new episodes of Lucas Bros. Moving Co. and Stone Quackers, along with encore showings of High School USA!, Axe Cop and other animated shorts.
Fans of Archer, FX's #1 rated comedy series, will also be treated to the new episodes of Lucas Bros. Moving Co. and Stone Quackers immediately following the Season 6 premiere of Archer on FX on Thursday, January 8 at 10 PM ET/PT. FXX's new animation block officially premieres at midnight ET/PT on January 22, anchored by eight all-new episodes of Lucas Bros. Moving Co. and Stone Quackers, along with episodes of High School USA! and Axe Cop. New installments of the one-hour animation block will follow on Thursdays at midnight on FXX.
The star of the hit series Brooklyn Nine-Nine, Terry Crews, has been tapped to host the new unscripted comedy World's Funniest Falls, premiering Friday, Jan. 16 at 8:00PM ET/PT on Fox. Crews also hosts the syndicated game show Who Wants to be a Millionaire. An irreverent one-hour series, World's Funniest Falls is inspired by the hit YouTube channel, FailArmy, which showcases the best "epic fail" viral videos in the most entertaining ways possible. Each week a panel of celebrities and comedians will analyze the videos which have exploded across the internet, with the goal of awarding one with the ultimate "Fail of the Week." Panelists to be announced soon. Owned and operated by Jukin Media, the worldwide leader in the discovery, acquisition and distribution of user-generated and viral video content, FailArmy is the premier destination for the funniest videos on the web. FailArmy is a Top 100 YouTube channel with more than six million subscribers and one billion total video views.
You can still catch Terry every Sunday night at 8:30pm on Fox's Brooklyn Nine-Nine. Over the past few years, Crews has been one of those actors whom fans see almost everywhere. As the overworked dad on Everybody Hates Chris, a tough guy in the feature franchise The Expendables, the loveable goofball in White Chicks, "Will McAvoy's" bodyguard in The Newsroom, the pec-popping Old Spice pitchman and randy congressman "Herbert Love" in Arrested Development, Crews has proven that he's adept at both drama and comedy.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (December/January)
12/06 - Family Guy - Season Fourteen
12/13 - American Dad! - Volume 11
12/13 - Newhart - The Complete Seventh Season
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, January 20
Last Man Standing - "A House Divided" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Mike and Vanessa ask newlyweds Mandy and Kyle to tone down their constant displays of affection, Mandy agrees but only if her parents become more discreet in the way they express their feelings to each other. Meanwhile, Kristen gets Eve a gig playing at the Grill, but Ed wants to fire her after a lackluster performance.
Dr. Ken - "A Day in the Life" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Amy (guest star Yvette Nicole Brown), the producer of a documentary health series, follows Ken around to record a typical day at an HMO, giving Ken his big moment in the limelight. But much to Ken’s chagrin, a series of the less than thrilling day-to-day parts of the job at Welltopia leads Ken to doubt his own career choice.
Friday, January 20
- Anthony Anderson (black-ish/Guys with Kids/All About the Andersons) - Catch Anthony on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- JoAnna Garcia Swisher (Reba/Better with You) - JoAnna visits The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Jim Gaffigan (The Jim Gaffigan Show/My Boys/Welcome to New York) - Jim stops by The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Cristela Alonzo (Cristela) - Cristela drops by The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- John Lithgow (3rd Rock from the Sun/Twenty Good Years) - John is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ken Jeong (Dr. Ken/Community) - Ken is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He also appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Nicole Byer (Loosely, Exactly Nicole) - Nicole appears on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Joe Jonas (Jonas L.A.) - Joe guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Bernadette Peters (Mozart in the Jungle/All's Fair) - Bernadette is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Queen Latifah (Living Single) - Queen Latifah is a guest on a repeat of Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Andrew Dice Clay (Bless This House/Hitz) - Andrew stops by Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Johnny Galecki (The Big Bang Theory/Roseanne - Johnny discusses his role in the new film, Rings, and dishes on this season of The Big Bang Theory on the AOL Build Show at 1pm.