Monday, November 24, 2014
FX and FXX will ring in 2015 this January in a big way with the season premieres of Justified, The Americans and Archer on FX, along with the season premiere of It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia and the series premiere of Man Seeking Woman on FXX. Rounding out the January schedule will be the final three episodes of FX's critically acclaimed, smash hit American Horror Story: Freak Show. First up is the Season 6 premiere of the hit animated comedy series Archer, airing on FX on Thursdays at 10 PM e/p, beginning January 8. The explosive 6th and final season of Justified will air Tuesdays at 10 PM e/p, beginning January 20. The award-winning drama series The Americans will air on Wednesdays at 10 PM e/p, beginning January 28. The hit miniseries American Horror Story: Freak Show returns to FX on January 7 for the first of its final three episodes, culminating in the season finale on January 21.
Moving on to FXX premieres, Season 10 of the award-winning comedy series It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia will air on FXX on Wednesdays at 10 PM e/p, beginning January 14. FXX's newest comedy series, Man Seeking Woman, will air on FXX on Wednesdays at 10:30 PM e/p, starting January 14. It's a month of season and series premieres on both FX and FXX!
Last Wednesday, the cast and crew of TBS's Cougar Town celebrated the 100th episode of the hit show at Culver City Studios in Culver City, CA. Co-creator and executive producer Bill Lawrence led a toast with cast members, including Courteney Cox, Busy Philipps, Dan Byrd, Christa Miller, Josh Hopkins and Ian Gomez. Cougar Town returns for its sixth and final season on Tuesday, Jan. 6, at 10:30 p.m. (ET/PT). Courteney Cox, Christa Miller, Busy Philipps, Dan Byrd, Ian Gomez and Josh Hopkins star in this comedy, which centers on the Cul de Sac Crew, a tight-knit group of friends who keep things funny while supporting each other through the challenges and pitfalls of life - with a little dysfunction and a whole lot of wine.
Cox plays Jules Cobb, a meddling mom who is utterly devoted to her husband, Grayson (Hopkins), and her adult son, Travis (Byrd). Their tight-knit circle of friends includes Ellie (Miller), Jules' incessantly sarcastic next-door neighbor and confidante; Andy (Gomez), Ellie's doting husband and the mayor of Gulfhaven; and Laurie (Philipps), Jules' protégé who also happens to be pregnant with Travis' baby. Also included in the mix are Jules' endearingly dimwitted ex-husband, Bobby (guest star Brian Van Holt), and her widowed neighbor Dr. Tom (guest star Robert Clendenin), who's had a longtime crush on Jules. The 100th episode will air in March, a few episodes before the series finale.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (January/February)
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One / Review
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two / Review
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, February 25
The Thundermans - "Ditch Perfect" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Phoebe learns Max’s band plans to dump him, she suspects that his superhero training is hurting his friendships. Determined to help, she attempts to repair things with the band, but her good deeds quickly backfire.
Game Shakers - "Wedding Shower of Doom" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Dub’s brother shows up at Game Shakers and invites everyone except Dub to his wedding, the kids convince him to bring his brother into the fold, promising to make Dub behave himself at the event.
Monday, February 27
- Keri Russell (Running Wilde) - Watch Keri on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Connie Britton (Spin City/The Fighting Fitzgeralds/Lost at Home) - Connie appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Slink Johnson (Black Jesus) - Slick is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Adam Scott (Parks and Recreation) - Adam drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Josh Henderson (One on One) - Josh appears on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo. He also talks about The Arrangement on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- David Hyde Pierce (Frasier) - David chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Leighton Meester (Making History) - Leighton stops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Holly Robinson Peete (Hangin' with Mr. Cooper/For Your Love) - Holly visits Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- John Lithgow (Trial & Error/Twenty Good Years/3rd Rock from the Sun) - John talks about Trial & Error on NBC's Today in the 9am hour and on the AOL Build Show at 1:30pm.
- Billy Gardell (Mike & Molly) - Billy dishes on how This is Us is following in Mike & Molly’s footsteps – and why both shows are so beloved on People Now at 8:30am.
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends/The Comeback) and Craig Robinson (The Office) - Lisa and Craig talk about their new film Table 19 on the AOL Build Show at 2:30pm.
- Sinbad (A Different World/The Sinbad Show) - Sinbad is a guest on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.
- Bradley Whitford (Trophy Wife) - Bradley visits The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Craig Robinson (The Office/Mr. Robinson) - Craig appears on The Real, so check your local listings.