Monday, November 24, 2014
FX and FXX will ring in 2015 this January in a big way with the season premieres of Justified, The Americans and Archer on FX, along with the season premiere of It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia and the series premiere of Man Seeking Woman on FXX. Rounding out the January schedule will be the final three episodes of FX's critically acclaimed, smash hit American Horror Story: Freak Show. First up is the Season 6 premiere of the hit animated comedy series Archer, airing on FX on Thursdays at 10 PM e/p, beginning January 8. The explosive 6th and final season of Justified will air Tuesdays at 10 PM e/p, beginning January 20. The award-winning drama series The Americans will air on Wednesdays at 10 PM e/p, beginning January 28. The hit miniseries American Horror Story: Freak Show returns to FX on January 7 for the first of its final three episodes, culminating in the season finale on January 21.
Moving on to FXX premieres, Season 10 of the award-winning comedy series It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia will air on FXX on Wednesdays at 10 PM e/p, beginning January 14. FXX's newest comedy series, Man Seeking Woman, will air on FXX on Wednesdays at 10:30 PM e/p, starting January 14. It's a month of season and series premieres on both FX and FXX!
Last Wednesday, the cast and crew of TBS's Cougar Town celebrated the 100th episode of the hit show at Culver City Studios in Culver City, CA. Co-creator and executive producer Bill Lawrence led a toast with cast members, including Courteney Cox, Busy Philipps, Dan Byrd, Christa Miller, Josh Hopkins and Ian Gomez. Cougar Town returns for its sixth and final season on Tuesday, Jan. 6, at 10:30 p.m. (ET/PT). Courteney Cox, Christa Miller, Busy Philipps, Dan Byrd, Ian Gomez and Josh Hopkins star in this comedy, which centers on the Cul de Sac Crew, a tight-knit group of friends who keep things funny while supporting each other through the challenges and pitfalls of life - with a little dysfunction and a whole lot of wine.
Cox plays Jules Cobb, a meddling mom who is utterly devoted to her husband, Grayson (Hopkins), and her adult son, Travis (Byrd). Their tight-knit circle of friends includes Ellie (Miller), Jules' incessantly sarcastic next-door neighbor and confidante; Andy (Gomez), Ellie's doting husband and the mayor of Gulfhaven; and Laurie (Philipps), Jules' protégé who also happens to be pregnant with Travis' baby. Also included in the mix are Jules' endearingly dimwitted ex-husband, Bobby (guest star Brian Van Holt), and her widowed neighbor Dr. Tom (guest star Robert Clendenin), who's had a longtime crush on Jules. The 100th episode will air in March, a few episodes before the series finale.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, September 29
Superstore - "Back to Work" (NBC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Jeff (recurring guest star Michael Bunin), the district manager from corporate, tells the Cloud 9 employees he is going to be around for the day to see what can improve in the store. Amy (America Ferrera) tries to impress him with a perfect day, but a workplace accident threatens her plan. Meanwhile, Glenn (Mark McKinney) tries to come off as a tough boss in front of Jeff, Jonah (Ben Feldman) attempts to help an unyielding Dina (Lauren Ash) win over the employees she betrayed in the strike and Mateo (Nico Santos) discovers something about Jeff in his pursuit to win him over.
The Good Place - "Jason Mendoza" (NBC, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Eleanor (Kristen Bell) faces her toughest test yet in her attempt to remain in hiding. Meanwhile, Michael (Ted Danson) enlists Tahani (Jameela Jamil) to help a fellow neighbor fulfill her true purpose.
The Big Bang Theory - "The Earworm Reverberation" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Sheldon has a revelation when he realizes why a song was stuck in his head. Also, Amy invites Dave (Stephen Merchant) over for dinner despite their previously awkward date, and Wolowitz and Koothrappali become obsessed with a fan of their band, “Footprints on the Moon.”
Kevin Can Wait - "Pilot" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Kevin James stars as a newly retired police officer looking forward to spending carefree, quality time with his wife and three kids, only to find he faces tougher challenges at home than he ever did on the streets.
Better Things - "Woman Is the Something of the Something" (FX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Sam gets really looked at.
Thursday, September 29
- Judith Light (Transparent/Phenom/Who's the Boss?) - Catch Judith on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Tim Meadows (Son of Zorn/Marry Me/The Michael Richards Show) - Tim appears on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He will also be on the AOL Build Show at 3pm.
- Max Greenfield (New Girl/Modern Men) - Max drops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ken Jeong (Dr. Ken/Community), Dave Foley (Dr. Ken/NewsRadio) and Suzy Nakamura (Dr. Ken/Go On) - Ken, Dave and Suzy are guests on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight. Ken will also be on Harry, so check your local listings.
- January Jones (The Last Man on Earth) - January stops by Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Sarah Jessica Parker (Divorce/Sex and the City/Square Pegs) - Sarah appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Alfonso Ribeiro (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air/In the House/Silver Spoons) - Alfonso joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT. He will also be on the AOL Build Show at 11am.
- Holland Taylor (Two and a Half Men/The Powers That Be) - Holland talks about The Front Page on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Jamie-Lynn Sigler (Guys with Kids) - Jamie-Lynn is a guest on Good Day New York on WNYW-Fox5 in New York sometime between 7-10am and on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Kristen Bell (The Good Place) - Kristen appears on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.