Monday, November 24, 2014
FX and FXX will ring in 2015 this January in a big way with the season premieres of Justified, The Americans and Archer on FX, along with the season premiere of It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia and the series premiere of Man Seeking Woman on FXX. Rounding out the January schedule will be the final three episodes of FX's critically acclaimed, smash hit American Horror Story: Freak Show. First up is the Season 6 premiere of the hit animated comedy series Archer, airing on FX on Thursdays at 10 PM e/p, beginning January 8. The explosive 6th and final season of Justified will air Tuesdays at 10 PM e/p, beginning January 20. The award-winning drama series The Americans will air on Wednesdays at 10 PM e/p, beginning January 28. The hit miniseries American Horror Story: Freak Show returns to FX on January 7 for the first of its final three episodes, culminating in the season finale on January 21.
Moving on to FXX premieres, Season 10 of the award-winning comedy series It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia will air on FXX on Wednesdays at 10 PM e/p, beginning January 14. FXX's newest comedy series, Man Seeking Woman, will air on FXX on Wednesdays at 10:30 PM e/p, starting January 14. It's a month of season and series premieres on both FX and FXX!
Last Wednesday, the cast and crew of TBS's Cougar Town celebrated the 100th episode of the hit show at Culver City Studios in Culver City, CA. Co-creator and executive producer Bill Lawrence led a toast with cast members, including Courteney Cox, Busy Philipps, Dan Byrd, Christa Miller, Josh Hopkins and Ian Gomez. Cougar Town returns for its sixth and final season on Tuesday, Jan. 6, at 10:30 p.m. (ET/PT). Courteney Cox, Christa Miller, Busy Philipps, Dan Byrd, Ian Gomez and Josh Hopkins star in this comedy, which centers on the Cul de Sac Crew, a tight-knit group of friends who keep things funny while supporting each other through the challenges and pitfalls of life - with a little dysfunction and a whole lot of wine.
Cox plays Jules Cobb, a meddling mom who is utterly devoted to her husband, Grayson (Hopkins), and her adult son, Travis (Byrd). Their tight-knit circle of friends includes Ellie (Miller), Jules' incessantly sarcastic next-door neighbor and confidante; Andy (Gomez), Ellie's doting husband and the mayor of Gulfhaven; and Laurie (Philipps), Jules' protégé who also happens to be pregnant with Travis' baby. Also included in the mix are Jules' endearingly dimwitted ex-husband, Bobby (guest star Brian Van Holt), and her widowed neighbor Dr. Tom (guest star Robert Clendenin), who's had a longtime crush on Jules. The 100th episode will air in March, a few episodes before the series finale.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (February/March)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbrekable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Wednesday, March 29
The Goldbergs - "A Night to Remember" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
It’s prom night, and all three Goldberg kids have big plans, which go awry. Barry plans big romantic gestures for Lainey while Erica and Geoff try to go to prom together, but it doesn’t go as planned. Meanwhile, Adam is thrilled when a nerdy but cute junior asks him out, but he is horrified when Beverly gets involved.
Imaginary Mary - "Pilot" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
A fiercely independent career woman, Alice has her life turned upside-down when she meets Ben, a divorced father with three children, and soon falls head-over-heals for him. This triggers more upheaval when the imaginary friend she created as a child, Mary, suddenly reappears as she is nervous to meet Ben’s kids for the first time.
Modern Family - "Five Minutes" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
So much can happen to the Pritchett-Dunphy-Tucker clan in five minutes! Mitch and Cam have five minutes to catch a new flight while fighting the effects of sleeping pills they took prematurely. Then at Rainer’s birthday dinner, Haley and Rainer are forced to reevaluate their entire relationship in the five minutes before the birthday cake arrives. Meanwhile, Phil and Claire pay a surprise visit to Alex and are given a five-minute surprise introduction to her new boyfriend. Finally, with only five minutes to catch a movie, Manny has to find the perfect parking space and endure Jay and Gloria’s backseat argument.
black-ish - "Richard Youngsta" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Dre is excited about doing a campaign with a popular rap star but becomes conflicted when Bow and Ruby provide feedback suggesting it plays on stereotypes. Meanwhile, Bow is determined to get the family to stop eating so much take-out food, but realizes the family may be too accustomed to eating whatever they want.
Nobodies - "Mr. First Lady" (TV Land, 10:00PM ET/PT)
After years toiling away writing on a kids cartoon, “The Fartlemans”, Groundlings Alums Larry, Rachel and Hugh finally get their big break: A chance to pitch their film script “Mr. First Lady” at Paramount.
Lopez - "Leaving Las Vegas" (TV Land, 10:30PM ET/PT)
George quits his Las Vegas residency, causing big problems. Manolo gets out of jail and introduces his roommate, Hector, to everyone.
Schitt's Creek - "Friends & Family" (Pop, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Johnny and Moira look for a location for the family portrait; David hosts a soft launch for the new store.
Wednesday, March 29
- Andrew Rannells (Girls/The New Normal) - Watch Andrew on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Emma Roberts (Scream Queens/Unfabulous) - Emma is a guest on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Ken Jeong (Dr. Ken/Community) - Ken appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He will also be on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends/The Comeback) - Lisa visits The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Paul F. Tompkins (DAG) - Paul is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Milana Vayntrub (Other Space) - Milana appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Terry Crews (Brooklyn Nine-Nine/Are We There Yet?/Everybody Hates Chris) - Terry stops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Andy Daly (Review/Eastbound & Down) - Andy appears on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Christian Slater (Breaking In) - Christian guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Brooklyn Decker (Grace and Frankie/Friends with Better Lives) - Brooklyn is a guest on Harry, so check your local listings.
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal) - NeNe guest co-hosts a repeat of The Real, so check your local listings.
- Jenna Elfman (Imaginary Mary/1600 Penn/Accidentally on Purpose/Courting Alex/Dharma & Greg) - Jenna will be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Craig Ferguson (The Drew Carey Show) - Craig is a guest on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- George Lopez (Lopez/George Lopez) - George discusses the second season of Lopez on the AOL Build Show at 5:30pm.