Monday, November 24, 2014
FX and FXX will ring in 2015 this January in a big way with the season premieres of Justified, The Americans and Archer on FX, along with the season premiere of It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia and the series premiere of Man Seeking Woman on FXX. Rounding out the January schedule will be the final three episodes of FX's critically acclaimed, smash hit American Horror Story: Freak Show. First up is the Season 6 premiere of the hit animated comedy series Archer, airing on FX on Thursdays at 10 PM e/p, beginning January 8. The explosive 6th and final season of Justified will air Tuesdays at 10 PM e/p, beginning January 20. The award-winning drama series The Americans will air on Wednesdays at 10 PM e/p, beginning January 28. The hit miniseries American Horror Story: Freak Show returns to FX on January 7 for the first of its final three episodes, culminating in the season finale on January 21.
Moving on to FXX premieres, Season 10 of the award-winning comedy series It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia will air on FXX on Wednesdays at 10 PM e/p, beginning January 14. FXX's newest comedy series, Man Seeking Woman, will air on FXX on Wednesdays at 10:30 PM e/p, starting January 14. It's a month of season and series premieres on both FX and FXX!
Last Wednesday, the cast and crew of TBS's Cougar Town celebrated the 100th episode of the hit show at Culver City Studios in Culver City, CA. Co-creator and executive producer Bill Lawrence led a toast with cast members, including Courteney Cox, Busy Philipps, Dan Byrd, Christa Miller, Josh Hopkins and Ian Gomez. Cougar Town returns for its sixth and final season on Tuesday, Jan. 6, at 10:30 p.m. (ET/PT). Courteney Cox, Christa Miller, Busy Philipps, Dan Byrd, Ian Gomez and Josh Hopkins star in this comedy, which centers on the Cul de Sac Crew, a tight-knit group of friends who keep things funny while supporting each other through the challenges and pitfalls of life - with a little dysfunction and a whole lot of wine.
Cox plays Jules Cobb, a meddling mom who is utterly devoted to her husband, Grayson (Hopkins), and her adult son, Travis (Byrd). Their tight-knit circle of friends includes Ellie (Miller), Jules' incessantly sarcastic next-door neighbor and confidante; Andy (Gomez), Ellie's doting husband and the mayor of Gulfhaven; and Laurie (Philipps), Jules' protégé who also happens to be pregnant with Travis' baby. Also included in the mix are Jules' endearingly dimwitted ex-husband, Bobby (guest star Brian Van Holt), and her widowed neighbor Dr. Tom (guest star Robert Clendenin), who's had a longtime crush on Jules. The 100th episode will air in March, a few episodes before the series finale.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (December/January)
12/06 - Family Guy - Season Fourteen
12/13 - American Dad! - Volume 11
12/13 - Newhart - The Complete Seventh Season
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, January 20
Last Man Standing - "A House Divided" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Mike and Vanessa ask newlyweds Mandy and Kyle to tone down their constant displays of affection, Mandy agrees but only if her parents become more discreet in the way they express their feelings to each other. Meanwhile, Kristen gets Eve a gig playing at the Grill, but Ed wants to fire her after a lackluster performance.
Dr. Ken - "A Day in the Life" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Amy (guest star Yvette Nicole Brown), the producer of a documentary health series, follows Ken around to record a typical day at an HMO, giving Ken his big moment in the limelight. But much to Ken’s chagrin, a series of the less than thrilling day-to-day parts of the job at Welltopia leads Ken to doubt his own career choice.
Friday, January 20
- Anthony Anderson (black-ish/Guys with Kids/All About the Andersons) - Catch Anthony on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- JoAnna Garcia Swisher (Reba/Better with You) - JoAnna visits The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Jim Gaffigan (The Jim Gaffigan Show/My Boys/Welcome to New York) - Jim stops by The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Cristela Alonzo (Cristela) - Cristela drops by The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- John Lithgow (3rd Rock from the Sun/Twenty Good Years) - John is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ken Jeong (Dr. Ken/Community) - Ken is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He also appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Nicole Byer (Loosely, Exactly Nicole) - Nicole appears on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Joe Jonas (Jonas L.A.) - Joe guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Bernadette Peters (Mozart in the Jungle/All's Fair) - Bernadette is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Queen Latifah (Living Single) - Queen Latifah is a guest on a repeat of Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Andrew Dice Clay (Bless This House/Hitz) - Andrew stops by Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Johnny Galecki (The Big Bang Theory/Roseanne - Johnny discusses his role in the new film, Rings, and dishes on this season of The Big Bang Theory on the AOL Build Show at 1pm.