Thursday, November 27, 2014
Before we let you all go back to your families (or special friends), we want to let you know the marathons on TV you and your family might want to watch during the day and after Thanksgiving dinner. We love TV marathons and you all come here on each holiday to see what marathons are airing, so as always we will do that today, too, of course!
We have told you about some of the sitcom related marathons already in our regular news stories. Our pick of the weekend is the Dennis the Menace 27-hour marathon today (Thanksgiving Day) that started at 12am ET on Antenna TV! Last night on Thanksgiving Eve they aired classic sitcom Thanksgiving episodes including WKRP in Cincinnati's "Turkey's Away" and other sitcoms like Diff'rent Strokes and Too Close for Comfort. TV Land has a Laugh More-a-thon Weekend with many classics and modern classics including I Love Lucy, The Andy Griffith Show, Gilligan's Island, The Brady Bunch and more. TBS will once again present a Friends marathon today, Thanksgiving Day, from 10am-5pm with all of the series' Thanksgiving episodes. WE tv will have all the Thanksgiving episodes of Roseanne and Will & Grace airing from 12pm-4pm today in a marathon block. And New York City is lucky to have a marathon of The Honeymooners for the third straight year on Thanksgiving, today on WPIX from 11am-3pm, sandwiched in between two airings of the movie March of the Wooden Soldiers! Also in New York, we get the second straight year of Taxi on the Day After Thanksgiving, Friday from 9am-9pm on WLNY TV 55/10. So yeah we told you about all these already either recently or many moons ago. Now let's get to some we haven't had a chance to mention!
We didn't get a chance to mention ABC Family's The Middle Thanksgiving episodes marathon airing today from 7am-9:30am. FXX will present a marathon of The Simpsons along with an airing of The Simpsons Movie from 4pm-12am. USA Network will present a Modern Family marathon from 10am-12am. CMT will stick with the family sitcom, with a Reba marathon from 1-8pm. Portlandia gets a marathon on IFC from 9am-2:30pm. TVGN will set sail with a marathon of The Love Boat from 9am-3pm. We also have many many Thanksgiving themed episodes airing that are not in marathons like Friends on Nick at Nite, Boy Meets World on MTV2, and sitcoms like Will & Grace and Living Single on Logo.
Non-sitcom wise, INSP has a Waltons Thanksgiving movie marathon from 9am-9pm today and a Walker Texas Ranger Black Friday Marathon from 1pm-2am. WGN America has a marathon of America's Funniest Home Videos from 7pm-1am tonight, but before that a Blue Bloods Thanksgiving marathon will air from 12pm-7pm. Pivot will showcase a marathon for Friday Night Lights from 10am-9pm. TNT will have a marathon of Transporter: The Series from 11am-11pm. Other notables for Thanksgiving Thursday include an Adventure Time marathon on Cartoon Network today from 9am-2pm, a The Millionaire Matchmaker marathon on Bravo from 3-10:30pm, a Jurassic Park movie marathon on AMC from 10am-2am, MTV has a RidicuFEAST Thanksgiving marathon of Ridiculousness, a Cops marathon on Spike starting at 5pm, a Duck Dynasty Thanksgiving marathon on A&E starting at 1pm and a John Wayne movie marathon on Encore Westerns from 6am-1am. We also have many many movies marathons on networks like ABC Family, Hallmark Channel, Hallmark Movie Channel, Lifetime, Universal HD, and more.
On the networks tonight, there are two original specials: Thank You America! With Robin Roberts on ABC an An All-Star Dog Spectacular on Fox. View our ABC Family 25 Days of Christmas schedule, because that is the place to be as always during the holiday season beginning December 1! Happy Thanksgiving and Happy Holidays!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Sunday, October 23
The Simpsons - "Treehouse of Horror XXVI" (Fox, 7:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
In an encore of last season’s Halloween episode, Sideshow Bob finally kills Bart, only to reanimate him; Homer wakes up with short-term memory loss; and Lisa, Bart, and Milhouse get super powers from radiation.
Bob's Burgers - "Teen-a-Witch" (Fox, 7:30PM ET/PT)
With Halloween quickly approaching, Tina reveals her brilliant idea that will finally win her first place in the annual costume contest. When Tammy steals her idea, Tina is forced to seek the help of Mr. Ambrose, who leads her to alternate and other-worldly methods of winning. Meanwhile, Bob is on a mission to figure out who is stealing his perfectly crafted pumpkins.
The Simpsons - "Trust But Clarify" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Lisa and Bart investigate Krusty’s suspicious new “Krustaceans” candy. Meanwhile, Homer wants a promotion at the nuclear plant and asks Marge to help him dress the part, and news anchor Kent Brockman struggles to find his feet in the changing media world.
Son of Zorn - "A Taste of Zephyria" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT)
After learning how Zephyria is depicted in the media, Zorn attempts to teach Alan about his culture. Meanwhile, Edie wages war with her new neighbors over their talking garden gnome.
Family Guy - "Inside Family Guy" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT)
FAMILY GUY takes viewers behind the scenes of a regular “FAMILY GUY” production week, with James Woods as the guide. See the ins-and-outs of what goes into the making of a “FAMILY GUY” episode and watch the drama unfold as Peter is replaced and ends up in the office of Fox Television Group Chairmen and CEOs Dana Walden and Gary Newman to pitch his very own new series.
The Last Man on Earth - "Five Hoda Kotbs" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT)
A post-apocalyptic road trip has everyone at war with each other and Gail is really pushed to her breaking point.
Bizaardvark - "Spoiler Alert: Belissa Returns" (Disney Channel, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Paige and Frankie hit a writing slump and other bad things start happening to them, Paige begins to think they are cursed; Amelia and Dirk are at odds when the lifestyle Diva declutters the Dare Lair.
Sunday, October 23
- Patti LaBelle (Out All Night) - Catch Patti on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Ricky Gervais (The Office) - Watch Ricky on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Tom Hanks (Bosom Buddies) - Tom appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also talks about Inferno on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Elijah Wood (Wilfred) - Elijah is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Ana Gasteyer (People of Earth/Lady Dynamite/Suburgatory) - Ana visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Nick Offerman (Parks and Recreation) - Nick stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ron Howard (Happy Days/The Andy Griffith Show) - Ron appears on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Zooey Deschanel (New Girl) - Zooey is a guest on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Michael Chiklis (Daddio) - Michael drops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Jameela Jamil (The Good Place) - Jameela appears on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Aya Cash (You're the Worst) - Aya talks about You're the Worst on the AOL Build ShoW at 2pm. She will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth) - Will is a guest on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Mary Steenburgen (The Last Man on Earth/Ink) - Mary talks about The Last Man on Earth on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. She will also be on the AOL Build Show at 12:30pm.
- Anna Camp (The Mindy Project) - Anna talks about Good Girls Revolt on People Now at 8:30am.
- James Brolin (Life in Pieces) - James is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.