Monday, September 22, 2014
The third network to add Raising Hope this fall will be... WGN America. The comedy launches with a three night premiere event beginning Wednesday, September 24 at 8P East/5P West. The premiere event will air from 8-11pm ET/5-8pm PT on all three nights from Sept. 24-26. The series will then air every Wednesday in primetime from 8pm-12am. Elsewhere in primetime, How I Met Your Mother will air in primetime on Thursdays from 8pm-1am. Movies will air Tuesdays and Fridays, while Mondays will have AFV from 8-11pm and Parks & Recreation from 11pm-12am. Weeknights in late nights have sitcoms from 1am-4am, with an hour each of Parks & Recreation, Rules of Engagement and 30 Rock. The weekday daytime schedule has Walker Texas Ranger at 9 & 10am, In the Heat of the Night at 11am & 12pm, and the news at 1pm. Afternoons as Law & Order at 2 & 3pm, new addition Blue Bloods at 4 & 5pm, and AFV at 6 & 7pm.
Weekends has Walker Texas Ranger at 9 & 10am and In the Heat of the Night at 11am & 12pm as well, but another In the Heat of the Night at 1. Law & Order: Criminal Intent airs at 2 & 3pm, followed by Law & Order at 4pm & 5pm. Bones airs at 6 & 7pm into Blue Bloods in primetime from 8pm-12am, but original series Manhattan airs on Sundays at 10 & 11pm. Late nights on weekends has a mix of comedies and movies, with Mad About You on Sunday nights at 4:30am. Keep it right here for continued updates.
OWN's popular Tyler Perry sitcom For Better or Worse returned last Wednesday night (9/17/14) with its fall premiere episode at 9pm delivering the series' best performance since it debuted on the network one year ago (9/18/13). The premiere episode earned 1.2 million total viewers and a 1.0 rating in the network's key women 25-54 demo. Wednesday night's episode grew double-digits in both the women 25-54 demo (up +52%) and in total viewers (up +52%) vs. the spring season average (4/9/14-6/11/14). Additionally, it ranked #2 in the time period in all of cable for women 25-54. For Better or Worse, about the ups and downs of dating and marriage, centers on Angela Williams (Tasha Smith), the owner of a successful beauty salon, and her husband of 13 years, Marcus (Michael Jai White). Marcus is a former professional football player who is partnered with Richard Ellington (Kent Faulcon) and Joseph Jetson (Jason Olive) on a sports program called "C-Sports Now." Marcus's business relationship with Richard and Joseph is complicated, however, by the fact that Richard is married to Keisha (Kiki Haynes), Marcus's ex-girlfriend and the mother of his teenage daughter. In addition, Joseph's ex-girlfriend, successful real-estate agent Leslie (Crystle Stewart), is Angela's best friend, which sometimes makes it difficult for everyone to keep their business and private lives from mingling. For Better or Worse is produced for OWN by Tyler Perry Studios and is written, directed and executive produced by Tyler Perry.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Tuesday, September 27
Brooklyn Nine-Nine - "Coral Palms Pt. 2" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
After Jimmy “The Butcher” Figgis sees Jake and Holt’s viral video, the two begin plotting their attack. However, when caught red-handed, the- are forced to experience the other side of the interrogation table. Back at the precinct, a questionable new Captain (guest star Ken Marino, “Childrens Hospital”) takes over.
New Girl - "Hubbedy Bubby" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Jess and Cece jump on the campaign trail and make a bet with a disbelieving Schmidt that they can recruit voters for the upcoming Presidential election. Meanwhile, Winston teaches Nick about modern phone sex.
Atlanta - "Nobody Beats the Biebs" (FX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Ayyye, okay! We got celebs in the building balling for the kids. I love me some Justin Bieber. Man, Paper Boi stay hating tho haha.
In the Cut - "Whose Is It" (Bounce TV, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Jay finds a positive pregnancy test.
Tuesday, September 27
- J.K Simmons (Growing Up Fisher/Family Tools) - Catch J.K. on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Sutton Foster (Younger) - Sutton appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. She joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Allison Janney (Mom/Mr. Sunshine) - Allison is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS. She will also be on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Kristin Chenoweth (Kristin) - Kristin performs for the audience on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Gabourey Sidibe (The Big C) - Gabourey visits Harry, so check your local listings.
- Kristen Bell (The Good Place) - Kristen stops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Cheryl Hines (Son of Zorn/Suburgatory/Curb Your Enthusiasm) - Cheryl is a guest on The Real, so check your local listings.
- Tom Hanks (Bosom Buddies) - Tom talks about Hidden Heroes on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Jennifer Esposito (Samantha Who?/Spin City) - Jennifer is a guest on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Wilmer Valderrama (That '70s Show) - Wilmer appears on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Melissa Joan Hart (Melissa & Joey/Sabrina, the Teenage Witch/Clarissa Explains It All) - Melissa is a guest on Good Day New York on WNYW-Fox5 in New York sometime between 7-10am.
- Michael Rosenbaum (Impastor) - Michael appears on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC. He will also be on Good Morning Football on NFL Network sometime between 7-10am.