Monday, September 22, 2014
The third network to add Raising Hope this fall will be... WGN America. The comedy launches with a three night premiere event beginning Wednesday, September 24 at 8P East/5P West. The premiere event will air from 8-11pm ET/5-8pm PT on all three nights from Sept. 24-26. The series will then air every Wednesday in primetime from 8pm-12am. Elsewhere in primetime, How I Met Your Mother will air in primetime on Thursdays from 8pm-1am. Movies will air Tuesdays and Fridays, while Mondays will have AFV from 8-11pm and Parks & Recreation from 11pm-12am. Weeknights in late nights have sitcoms from 1am-4am, with an hour each of Parks & Recreation, Rules of Engagement and 30 Rock. The weekday daytime schedule has Walker Texas Ranger at 9 & 10am, In the Heat of the Night at 11am & 12pm, and the news at 1pm. Afternoons as Law & Order at 2 & 3pm, new addition Blue Bloods at 4 & 5pm, and AFV at 6 & 7pm.
Weekends has Walker Texas Ranger at 9 & 10am and In the Heat of the Night at 11am & 12pm as well, but another In the Heat of the Night at 1. Law & Order: Criminal Intent airs at 2 & 3pm, followed by Law & Order at 4pm & 5pm. Bones airs at 6 & 7pm into Blue Bloods in primetime from 8pm-12am, but original series Manhattan airs on Sundays at 10 & 11pm. Late nights on weekends has a mix of comedies and movies, with Mad About You on Sunday nights at 4:30am. Keep it right here for continued updates.
OWN's popular Tyler Perry sitcom For Better or Worse returned last Wednesday night (9/17/14) with its fall premiere episode at 9pm delivering the series' best performance since it debuted on the network one year ago (9/18/13). The premiere episode earned 1.2 million total viewers and a 1.0 rating in the network's key women 25-54 demo. Wednesday night's episode grew double-digits in both the women 25-54 demo (up +52%) and in total viewers (up +52%) vs. the spring season average (4/9/14-6/11/14). Additionally, it ranked #2 in the time period in all of cable for women 25-54. For Better or Worse, about the ups and downs of dating and marriage, centers on Angela Williams (Tasha Smith), the owner of a successful beauty salon, and her husband of 13 years, Marcus (Michael Jai White). Marcus is a former professional football player who is partnered with Richard Ellington (Kent Faulcon) and Joseph Jetson (Jason Olive) on a sports program called "C-Sports Now." Marcus's business relationship with Richard and Joseph is complicated, however, by the fact that Richard is married to Keisha (Kiki Haynes), Marcus's ex-girlfriend and the mother of his teenage daughter. In addition, Joseph's ex-girlfriend, successful real-estate agent Leslie (Crystle Stewart), is Angela's best friend, which sometimes makes it difficult for everyone to keep their business and private lives from mingling. For Better or Worse is produced for OWN by Tyler Perry Studios and is written, directed and executive produced by Tyler Perry.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Tuesday, October 25
The Middle - "Halloween VIII: The Heckoning" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
As Halloween approaches, Frankie is taken aback when she discovers that, if the circumstances ever arose where she and Mike got divorced, the kids would all choose to live with Mike. Meanwhile, Sue tries everything in her power to get her room back from Brick, and having to be so nice around girlfriend April all of the time leads Axl to lash out at his family.
American Housewife - "Westport Zombies" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Katie, jealous of Taylor’s friendship with neighbor Viv (Leslie Bibb), reluctantly competes in the Westport Halloween “Zombie Run” after she finds out they’ll both be running. Meanwhile, Greg and Anna-Kat get a little too much in character for the “zombie” part of the run’s obstacle course.
Fresh Off the Boat - "Louisween" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
It’s Louis’ favorite holiday, and he makes every attempt to scare Jessica into the Halloween spirit, but she is buried in her word processor, drafting her first horror novel. Meanwhile, Emery and Evan debate costume choices, and Eddie and his crew are excited to party with high schoolers at Nicole’s house.
The Real O'Neals - "The Real Halloween" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When Halloween arrives, or what Kenny refers to as “the gay Super Bowl,” he plans to go to Boystown to watch the festive costume parade. In an effort to prevent Kenny from attending, Eileen agrees to let him throw his own Halloween party at home. Eileen’s tolerance is ultimately tested when Kenny recruits Stuart and his gay friends to join the big party, and he makes a BIG costume change. Meanwhile, Jimmy and Shannon plan to pull off an epic Halloween prank.
Atlanta - "Junteenth" (FX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Why my Auntie trying to make me go to one of these bougie Junteenth parties again? I don't like them sadity people and I'm gonna miss my shows. Le sigh.
Family Time - "Head of House" (Bounce TV, 9:00PM ET/PT)
When the Stallworths have an unexpected visitor, they learn of a vicious crime that took place in their home years ago.
Tuesday, October 25
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth) - Catch Will on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Matt LeBlanc (Man with a Plan/Episodes/Friends) - Matt is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Cobie Smulders (How I Met Your Mother) - Cobie appears on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Skylar Astin (Ground Floor) - Skylar is a guest on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Ron Howard (Happy Days/The Andy Griffith Show) - Ron drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Mary Lynn Rajskub (How to Be a Gentleman/Veronica's Closet/The Larry Sanders Show) and David Koechner (Another Period/Hank/The Office) - Mary and David are guests on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- John Lithgow (3rd Rock from the Sun/Twenty Good Years) - John appears on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Jamie Lee Curtis (Scream Queens/Anything But Love) - Jamie Lee is a guest on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Erinn Hayes (Kevin Can Wait/Guys with Kids/Worst Week) - Erinn plays a celeb guessing game with Rach, who’s serving up no-fail make-your-own takeout, on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Mary Steenburgen (The Last Man on Earth/Ink) - Mary joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Ana Gasteyer (People of Earth/Lady Dynamite/Suburgatory) - Ana will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET. She will also be on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Cheryl Hines (Son of Zorn/Suburgatory/Curb Your Enthusiasm) - Cheryl is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Abbi Jacobson (Broad City) - Abbi will be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. She will also be on the AOL Build Show 4pm.
- Don Rickles (C.P.O. Sharkey/Daddy Dearest) - Don is a guest on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Nico Tortorella (Younger) - Nico appears on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.