Monday, September 15, 2014
Today we'll give you Centric's fall 2014 schedule. Some of it starts today, but most starts in a few weeks on Sept. 29. First up, Family Matters is joining Centric's line-up beginning today and will air at 5 & 5:30pm for the next few weeks. It will change timeslots on Sept. 29, so keep reading. Joining the primetime schedule at 8pm will be reruns of Scandal. Sister network BET was airing Scandal and will continue to do so, as they will have repurposing rights to new episodes that air on ABC a few days later. More on BET tomorrow. With the addition of these two series this week, Wayans Bros. will be off the line-up. Centric will also air the talk show Queen Latifah weeknights at 11. There are just minor time changes this week, but you can catch a 30th anniversary marathon of The Cosby Show this weekend (Sept. 20-21) from 10am-10pm.
Moving on to Sept. 29, we will detail the full schedule. CSI: NY will move to 9am replacing New York Undercover. Up next, Cosby Show and Family Matters will get morning plays, airing an hour each from 10am-12pm. Movies will continue to air about 12-2:30pm, with The Steve Harvey Show now airing 2:30pm-4pm. That sitcom will be the perfect lead-in to the new acquisition, game show Family Feud hosted by Steve Harvey, airing at 4 & 4:30pm. More sitcom time changes will occur in the evening, with The Jamie Foxx Show moving to 5-6pm and The Cosby Show's evening hour moves to 6-7pm. At 7pm, Centric will air the talk show Arise 360, which is aired live on the internet at 3pm, but now Centric will air it on TV at 7pm. In primetime, Scandal is at 8pm, but now new sitcoms will air from 9-11pm, with Family Matters at 9 and My Wife & Kids, moving over from BET to Centric, at 10. Queen Latifah is at 11, leading into a movie at midnight. Sitcoms will air from 2:30am-4am, with different ones each day: Jamie Foxx on Monday nights, Steve Harvey on Tuesday nights, My Wife & Kids on Wednesday nights, Family Matters on Thursday nights and the return of Moesha on Friday nights. Weekends will continue to be movies and sitcom marathons. So what will BET have in store? We'll let you know tomorrow as they will have a new acquisition that we hinted about...
The primetime Hallmark Hall of Fame movies are leaving broadcast television. Hallmark Cards announced that new movies in its acclaimed Hallmark Hall of Fame series will debut in 2014-15 on Hallmark Channel, rather than ABC. The move comes after three years (Nov. 2011-May 2014) of a unique arrangement under which the premieres of new Hallmark Hall of Fame movies have aired on ABC and encore presentations have aired on Hallmark Channel the following week. Hallmark Channel will now air both the premiere presentations and multiple encores of each production. The first movie in the new arrangement will be One Christmas Eve in late November. Anne Heche, appearing in her third Hallmark Hall of Fame movie, will star as a recently-divorced mom who wants her two kids' first Christmas "without dad" to be perfect. An entertaining but unfortunate series of Christmas Eve mishaps ensures that won't happen - unless perfect means the family has its most memorable and heartwarming Christmas ever.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)
10/04 - The Andy Griffith Show - The Christmas Special (Colorized)
10/04 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #1 (Colorized)
10/11 - Dr. Ken - Season One
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Series
10/11 - Nurse Jackie - Seasons One and Two
10/11 - Weeds - Seasons One and Two
11/01 - Schitt's Creek - Seasons One and Two
11/08 - Family Matters - The Complete Ninth Season
11/08 - Your Family or Mine - Season One
11/15 - Community - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Lucy Show - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Mindy Project - Season Four
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, December 8
The Big Bang Theory - "The Military Miniaturization" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Colonel Williams (Dean Norris), an Air Force representative from the Department of Material Command sits down to talk with Wolowitz.
The Great Indoors - "@Emma" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Emma quits after being turned down for a raise, Jack and Roland become the magazine’s newest and worst ever social media managers. Also, in a misguided attempt to boost business, Eddie re-brands his bar as “magic-themed.”
Mom - "Cornbread and a Cashmere Onesie" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Christy and Bonnie worry about Jill after her cry for help on the anniversary of her mother’s suicide.
Life in Pieces - "Swim Survivor Zen Talk" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When John decides to try out for “Survivor,” Tim gets jealous and attempts to undermine his audition tape. Also, Colleen confesses she can’t swim when she and Matt discuss Hawaii as a honeymoon destination; Jen pretends to get hooked on meditation so she can use the time to play cell phone games; and Heather gives Sophia the “sex” talk. “Survivor” host Jeff Probst guest stars as himself.
Thursday, December 8
- Jennifer Aniston (Friends) - Catch Jennifer on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Lola Kirke (Mozart in the Jungle) - Lola is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- T.J. Miller (Silicon Valley/The Goodwin Games/Carpoolers) - T.J. appears on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Anna Camp (The Mindy Project) - Anna stops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Emeril Lagasse (Emeril) - Emeril guest co-hosts Rachael Ray and makes sausage-stuffed mushrooms, so check your local listings.
- Jodie Sweetin (Fuller House/Full House) and Andrea Barber (Fuller House/Full House) - Jodie and Andrea chat with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT. Jodie joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Judah Friedlander (30 Rock) - Judah is a guest on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Lori Loughlin (Fuller House/Full House) - Lori is a guest on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT. She also talks about what to expect from Season 2 of Fuller House on People Now at 8:30am.
- Scott Patterson (Aliens in America) - Scott talks about Luke and Lorelai’s wedding scene from Gilmore Girls – and if he thinks the two will ever have a baby on People Now at 8:30am.
- Josh Radnor (How I Met Your Mother) - Josh is a guest on the AOL Build Show at 12pm.
- Emmanuelle Chriqui (Entourage) - Emanuelle appears the AOL Build Show 3:45pm.
- Gael Garcia Bernal (Mozart in the Jungle) - Gael is a guest on Chelsea on Netflix.
- Will Smith (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air) - Will appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.