Monday, September 15, 2014
Today we'll give you Centric's fall 2014 schedule. Some of it starts today, but most starts in a few weeks on Sept. 29. First up, Family Matters is joining Centric's line-up beginning today and will air at 5 & 5:30pm for the next few weeks. It will change timeslots on Sept. 29, so keep reading. Joining the primetime schedule at 8pm will be reruns of Scandal. Sister network BET was airing Scandal and will continue to do so, as they will have repurposing rights to new episodes that air on ABC a few days later. More on BET tomorrow. With the addition of these two series this week, Wayans Bros. will be off the line-up. Centric will also air the talk show Queen Latifah weeknights at 11. There are just minor time changes this week, but you can catch a 30th anniversary marathon of The Cosby Show this weekend (Sept. 20-21) from 10am-10pm.
Moving on to Sept. 29, we will detail the full schedule. CSI: NY will move to 9am replacing New York Undercover. Up next, Cosby Show and Family Matters will get morning plays, airing an hour each from 10am-12pm. Movies will continue to air about 12-2:30pm, with The Steve Harvey Show now airing 2:30pm-4pm. That sitcom will be the perfect lead-in to the new acquisition, game show Family Feud hosted by Steve Harvey, airing at 4 & 4:30pm. More sitcom time changes will occur in the evening, with The Jamie Foxx Show moving to 5-6pm and The Cosby Show's evening hour moves to 6-7pm. At 7pm, Centric will air the talk show Arise 360, which is aired live on the internet at 3pm, but now Centric will air it on TV at 7pm. In primetime, Scandal is at 8pm, but now new sitcoms will air from 9-11pm, with Family Matters at 9 and My Wife & Kids, moving over from BET to Centric, at 10. Queen Latifah is at 11, leading into a movie at midnight. Sitcoms will air from 2:30am-4am, with different ones each day: Jamie Foxx on Monday nights, Steve Harvey on Tuesday nights, My Wife & Kids on Wednesday nights, Family Matters on Thursday nights and the return of Moesha on Friday nights. Weekends will continue to be movies and sitcom marathons. So what will BET have in store? We'll let you know tomorrow as they will have a new acquisition that we hinted about...
The primetime Hallmark Hall of Fame movies are leaving broadcast television. Hallmark Cards announced that new movies in its acclaimed Hallmark Hall of Fame series will debut in 2014-15 on Hallmark Channel, rather than ABC. The move comes after three years (Nov. 2011-May 2014) of a unique arrangement under which the premieres of new Hallmark Hall of Fame movies have aired on ABC and encore presentations have aired on Hallmark Channel the following week. Hallmark Channel will now air both the premiere presentations and multiple encores of each production. The first movie in the new arrangement will be One Christmas Eve in late November. Anne Heche, appearing in her third Hallmark Hall of Fame movie, will star as a recently-divorced mom who wants her two kids' first Christmas "without dad" to be perfect. An entertaining but unfortunate series of Christmas Eve mishaps ensures that won't happen - unless perfect means the family has its most memorable and heartwarming Christmas ever.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (December/January)
12/06 - Family Guy - Season Fourteen
12/13 - American Dad! - Volume 11
12/13 - Newhart - The Complete Seventh Season
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, January 21
The Thundermans - "Better Off Wed" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
The kids learn that Dr. Colosso ruined their parents' wedding years earlier, and want to recreate Hank & Barb's dream day as their anniversary gift. However, Dr. Colosso remains a threat, and they must keep their plans a secret.
Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn - "Keeping Up with the Quadashians" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
After binge watching their favorite reality TV show, the Quads decide their lives are every bit as "reality TV" worthy, and decide to make a show of their own. Guest Stars: Maddie Ziegler, Mackenzie Ziegler
School of Rock - "Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood" (Nickelodeon, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Tomika and Zack work on a love song together, leading to a moment that will change their friendship forever. Summer and Lawrence hang out together for the first time, and Freddy helps Mr. Finn with a problem.
Saturday, January 21
- Phylicia Rashad (The Cosby Show/Cosby) - Phylicia will be featured on Oprah: Where Are They Now? at 10pm ET/PT on OWN.
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal) - Catch NeNe on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Allison Janney (Mom/Mr. Sunshine) - Watch Allison on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- William Shatner ($h*! My Dad Says) and Henry Winkler (Happy Days/Arrested Development/Out of Practice) - William and Henry are guests on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Kevin Nealon (Man with a Plan/Weeds/Hiller and Diller/Champs) - Kevin appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Jade Catta-Preta (Manhattan Love Story) - Jade is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Wendi McClendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Wendi stops by Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Cristela Alonzo (Cristela) - Cristela chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Tika Sumpter (The Game) - Tika appears on The Real, so check your local listings.
- Justina Machado (One Day at a Time) - Justina will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry and Rebecca Romjin talk about Love Locks on NBC's Today in the 9am hour. Jerry will also be on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT and on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Retta (Parks and Recreation) - Retta talks about Girlfriend's Guide to Divorce on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.