Thursday, August 21, 2014
TV Land Fall 2014 Schedule Has The Beverly Hillbillies; Eva Longoria Heads to Brooklyn Nine-Nine for Arc
The Clampetts Strike Oil! That's right The Beverly Hillbillies is returning to TV Land this Fall! The classic '60s sitcom will join the line-up on Monday, Sept. 1 with a Labor Day marathon from 9am-3pm (leading into a Candid Camera marathon from 3-9pm). The Beverly Hillbillies will air weekdays from 10-11am and 7-8pm beginning on Sept. 2. Both hours will follow airings of the compatible The Andy Griffith Show. In addition, The Beverly Hillbillies will air on Fridays at 8 & 8:30pm. As of now, no other schedule changes are being made. We mentioned TV Land is doing an SNL marathon on Aug. 30, but it doesn't seem the series will join the regular schedule this fall. The Beverly Hillbillies was last seen on TV Land in 2010 and has aired on the network from 2007-10 after coming over from sister network Nick at Nite. In the series, a proud hillbilly family reluctantly exchanges a one-room mountain cabin for 25 million dollars and a 35 room mansion in Beverly Hills. Stay with us for more info as it comes!
Golden Globe Award nominee Eva Longoria (Desperate Housewives) will guest-star on Brooklyn Nine-Nine for a three-episode arc this season on Fox. She will play Sophia, a defense attorney who catches Jake's (Andy Samberg) attention when she faces off against him in court. Golden Globe Award-winning comedy Brooklyn Nine-Nine returns for Season Two on a new night, beginning Sunday, Sept. 28 at 8:30PM ET/PT on Fox. Season One ended with a surprising twist as Jake was asked to go undercover for a major FBI investigation. He said his goodbyes to the precinct, and finally confessed his "romantic-styles" affection for Detective Amy Santiago (Melissa Fumero), the unit's honorary straight arrow. In Season Two, Captain Ray Holt (Andre Braugher) finds himself face-to-face with his longtime nemesis (guest star Kyra Sedgwick) as the NYPD goes through administration changes.
Longoria joins previously announced guest stars Kyra Sedgwick (The Closer), who will appear in two episodes, former NFL wide receiver Terrell Owens, appearing as himself, and Jenny Slate (Parks and Recreation), who will appear in the Season Two premiere.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, September 29
Superstore - "Back to Work" (NBC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Jeff (recurring guest star Michael Bunin), the district manager from corporate, tells the Cloud 9 employees he is going to be around for the day to see what can improve in the store. Amy (America Ferrera) tries to impress him with a perfect day, but a workplace accident threatens her plan. Meanwhile, Glenn (Mark McKinney) tries to come off as a tough boss in front of Jeff, Jonah (Ben Feldman) attempts to help an unyielding Dina (Lauren Ash) win over the employees she betrayed in the strike and Mateo (Nico Santos) discovers something about Jeff in his pursuit to win him over.
The Good Place - "Jason Mendoza" (NBC, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Eleanor (Kristen Bell) faces her toughest test yet in her attempt to remain in hiding. Meanwhile, Michael (Ted Danson) enlists Tahani (Jameela Jamil) to help a fellow neighbor fulfill her true purpose.
The Big Bang Theory - "The Earworm Reverberation" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Sheldon has a revelation when he realizes why a song was stuck in his head. Also, Amy invites Dave (Stephen Merchant) over for dinner despite their previously awkward date, and Wolowitz and Koothrappali become obsessed with a fan of their band, “Footprints on the Moon.”
Kevin Can Wait - "Pilot" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Kevin James stars as a newly retired police officer looking forward to spending carefree, quality time with his wife and three kids, only to find he faces tougher challenges at home than he ever did on the streets.
Better Things - "Woman Is the Something of the Something" (FX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Sam gets really looked at.
Thursday, September 29
- Judith Light (Transparent/Phenom/Who's the Boss?) - Catch Judith on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Tim Meadows (Son of Zorn/Marry Me/The Michael Richards Show) - Tim appears on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He will also be on the AOL Build Show at 3pm.
- Max Greenfield (New Girl/Modern Men) - Max drops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ken Jeong (Dr. Ken/Community), Dave Foley (Dr. Ken/NewsRadio) and Suzy Nakamura (Dr. Ken/Go On) - Ken, Dave and Suzy are guests on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight. Ken will also be on Harry, so check your local listings.
- January Jones (The Last Man on Earth) - January stops by Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Sarah Jessica Parker (Divorce/Sex and the City/Square Pegs) - Sarah appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Alfonso Ribeiro (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air/In the House/Silver Spoons) - Alfonso joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT. He will also be on the AOL Build Show at 11am.
- Holland Taylor (Two and a Half Men/The Powers That Be) - Holland talks about The Front Page on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Jamie-Lynn Sigler (Guys with Kids) - Jamie-Lynn is a guest on Good Day New York on WNYW-Fox5 in New York sometime between 7-10am and on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Kristen Bell (The Good Place) - Kristen appears on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.