Tuesday, July 15, 2014
Yesterday as we mentioned was NBC's second day for the TCA Summer 2014 Press Tour. It was all NBC Cable, Syndication and Sports, though. We'll cover some noteworthy items only. CNBC expanded plans to air its exclusive off-network cable run of ABC's Shark Tank Monday through Friday beginning September 22, 2014. Shark Tank currently airs Tuesdays ("Shark Tank Tuesdays") at 8 & 9 pm ET/PT on CNBC. Timeslots for the weekday airings will be announced at a later date. Meanwhile, Oxygen Media unveiled its new logo and tagline, very real, as part of the network rebrand scheduled to launch on Tuesday, October 7 across all platforms. The new Oxygen will feature authentic, proudly imperfect and diverse characters with stories that are culturally relevant for young, modern women. And that's about it. Tomorrow, we'll cover ABC, which is up today at the press tour. Among the panels that will be featured are for ABC Family's Chasing Life, followed by ABC's upcoming new series like How to Get Away with Murder, Selfie, black-ish, Forever, Manhattan Love Story and Cristela.
Two weeks ago we broke the news about Don't Trust the B in Apt 23 repeats coming to Logo starting July 19... now Logo has officially announced it with more details. The B is Back! Logo TV revives cult favorite, Don't Trust the B in Apt 23, with a "The B is Back" marathon on Saturday, July 19 from 1:00PM-10:00PM ET/PT, as we mentioned. Eight hours of totally inappropriate and bitingly funny episodes lead up to the network premiere of the first of eight, never before seen on TV, episodes for the series that was cut short by cancelation amid fan outrage. The remaining, previously unaired episodes will roll out on Saturdays at 10PM ET/PT starting July 19. It may have been canceled too soon, but this B isn't going down without a fight. After June, a naïve small town girl, has her dreams to make it in New York City end in disaster, she is forced to move in with Chloe, a party girl with sociopathic tendencies who wants to drive June out. June turns the tables on her conniving roommate, creating an unlikely friendship. Join Krysten Ritter, Dreama Walker, and James Van Der Beek for a full-day bitchfest on July 19.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, September 30
Last Man Standing - "Gameday Forecast: Showers" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When a Jack and Jill wedding shower for Mandy and Kyle is announced, Mike is disappointed to learn it’s on the same day as the big Broncos-Chargers game. In an effort to catch the game with Joe (Jay Leno) and the guys, Mike convinces the couple to hold separate showers. Ryan offers to host the men’s festivities at his place, and to Mike’s dismay, he’s more into party planning than anyone would have thought. Meanwhile, Ed’s convinced that sticking to his superstitious rituals is the only way to see to it that the Broncos pull out a big win, even if it means interfering with Mandy’s wedding shower.
Dr. Ken - "Ken and Allison Share a Patient" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
On Allison’s first work day at Welltopia, she and Ken try to prove the other wrong when it comes to a patient’s diagnosis. After Damona introduces her new boyfriend, Eric, to co-workers, Pat surprises everyone and announces he’s also dating someone. Meanwhile, it’s Dave’s first day of middle school, and he’s nervous he won’t be able to make friends, so he turns to D.K. to help reinvent his image.
Liv and Maddie - "Linda & Heather-a-Rooney" (Disney Channel, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Liv thinks she landed a small role on a hit show called ``Linda and Heather'' but her part turns out to be much bigger; Joey experiences relationship woes.
Bunk'd - "Luke Out Below" (Disney Channel, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Luke comes back to camp and takes Griff and Zuri on an adventure to prove that he's just as responsible as the other CITs.
Love Thy Neighbor - "Three Times" (OWN, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Leslie and Angela try to fix their seemingly broken friendship with Jennifer.
Tyler Perry's For Better or Worse - "The Flower Delivery" (OWN, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Keisha manages to intercept Richard's gift for his new love interest.
Friday, September 30
- Minnie Driver (Speechless/About a Boy) - Watch Minnie on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Nathan Lane (Modern Family/Encore! Encore!/Charlie Lawrence) - Nathan visits The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Abby Elliott (Odd Mom Out) - Abby appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Clark Gregg (The New Adventures of Old Christine) - Clark is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Kristen Bell (The Good Place) - Kristen appears on Chelsea on Netflix.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Margo Martindale (The Millers) - Margo joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Alfonso Ribeiro (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air/In the House/Silver Spoons) - Alfonso will be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Ashley Williams (The Jim Gaffigan Show/How I Met Your Mother/Good Morning, Miami) - Ashley talks about her Hallmark Channel original movie Love on a Limb on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Queen Latifah (Living Single) - Queen Latifah stops by Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Tim Daly (Wings) - Tim talks about Madam Secretary on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Sara Rue (Impastor/Less Than Perfect) and Michael Rosenbaum (Impastor) - Sara and Michael talks about Season 2 of TV Land's Impastor on People Now at 8:30am.