Tuesday, July 15, 2014
Yesterday as we mentioned was NBC's second day for the TCA Summer 2014 Press Tour. It was all NBC Cable, Syndication and Sports, though. We'll cover some noteworthy items only. CNBC expanded plans to air its exclusive off-network cable run of ABC's Shark Tank Monday through Friday beginning September 22, 2014. Shark Tank currently airs Tuesdays ("Shark Tank Tuesdays") at 8 & 9 pm ET/PT on CNBC. Timeslots for the weekday airings will be announced at a later date. Meanwhile, Oxygen Media unveiled its new logo and tagline, very real, as part of the network rebrand scheduled to launch on Tuesday, October 7 across all platforms. The new Oxygen will feature authentic, proudly imperfect and diverse characters with stories that are culturally relevant for young, modern women. And that's about it. Tomorrow, we'll cover ABC, which is up today at the press tour. Among the panels that will be featured are for ABC Family's Chasing Life, followed by ABC's upcoming new series like How to Get Away with Murder, Selfie, black-ish, Forever, Manhattan Love Story and Cristela.
Two weeks ago we broke the news about Don't Trust the B in Apt 23 repeats coming to Logo starting July 19... now Logo has officially announced it with more details. The B is Back! Logo TV revives cult favorite, Don't Trust the B in Apt 23, with a "The B is Back" marathon on Saturday, July 19 from 1:00PM-10:00PM ET/PT, as we mentioned. Eight hours of totally inappropriate and bitingly funny episodes lead up to the network premiere of the first of eight, never before seen on TV, episodes for the series that was cut short by cancelation amid fan outrage. The remaining, previously unaired episodes will roll out on Saturdays at 10PM ET/PT starting July 19. It may have been canceled too soon, but this B isn't going down without a fight. After June, a naïve small town girl, has her dreams to make it in New York City end in disaster, she is forced to move in with Chloe, a party girl with sociopathic tendencies who wants to drive June out. June turns the tables on her conniving roommate, creating an unlikely friendship. Join Krysten Ritter, Dreama Walker, and James Van Der Beek for a full-day bitchfest on July 19.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (December/January)
12/06 - Family Guy - Season Fourteen
12/13 - American Dad! - Volume 11
12/13 - Newhart - The Complete Seventh Season
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, January 19
The Big Bang Theory - "The Romance Calibration" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Penny feels that Leonard is taking her for granted, she decides to go on a spa weekend with Amy. Also, Wolowitz and Koothrappali try to fix a squeaky floorboard in the baby’s room.
The Great Indoors - "Mason Blows Up" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Jack tries to reassert his dominance as a reporter after Mason scores an investigative coup that turns him into an overnight celebrity. Also, Clark’s low self-esteem causes him to give Emma relationship advice about other guys instead of asking her out himself
Mom - "Good Karma and the Big Weird" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Bonnie encourages Christy to pursue Marjorie’s charming nephew, Nick, despite the fact that he’s been declared off limits. Chris Pratt, husband of MOM star Anna Faris, guest stars as Nick, Marjorie’s nephew.
Life in Pieces - "Tailgate Spiral Souvenir Seating" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When Colleen and Matt host the family tailgate party at the L.A. Rams game, they invite former NFL quarterback Kurt Warner to spice up their so far dismal event. Also, Tim’s in danger of missing the game when Sophia makes him take her to the restroom and they get sidetracked returning to their seats; Joan and Jen try to sneak into seats closer to the field; and Greg wins a chance to participate in a halftime contest involving a football toss.
The Good Place - "Mindy St. Claire" / "Michael's Gambit" (NBC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
With the help of Chidi (William Jackson Harper) and Tahani (Jameela Jamil), Michael (Ted Danson) faces his biggest challenge yet. Meanwhile, Eleanor (Kristen Bell), Jianyu (Manny Jacinto) and Janet (D'Arcy Carden) are faced with a monumental decision.
Eleanor (Kristen Bell) and her friends contemplate their fates in the Good Place.
Baskets - "Freaks" (FX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Chip has to decide between a tarp and snacks.
Friday, January 20
- Anthony Anderson (black-ish/Guys with Kids/All About the Andersons) - Catch Anthony on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- JoAnna Garcia Swisher (Reba/Better with You) - JoAnna visits The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- John Lithgow (3rd Rock from the Sun/Twenty Good Years) - John is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jim Gaffigan (The Jim Gaffigan Show/My Boys/Welcome to New York) - Jim stops by The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Cristela Alonzo (Cristela) - Cristela drops by The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Ken Jeong (Dr. Ken/Community) - Ken is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He also appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Nicole Byer (Loosely, Exactly Nicole) - Nicole appears on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Joe Jonas (Jonas L.A.) - Joe guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Bernadette Peters (Mozart in the Jungle/All's Fair) - Bernadette is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Queen Latifah (Living Single) - Queen Latifah is a guest on a repeat of Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Andrew Dice Clay (Bless This House/Hitz) - Andrew stops by Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Johnny Galecki (The Big Bang Theory/Roseanne - Johnny discusses his role in the new film, Rings, and dishes on this season of The Big Bang Theory on the AOL Build Show at 1pm.