Tuesday, July 08, 2014
Hallmark Movie Channel Rebranding to Hallmark Movies & Mysteries; Disney Orders Second Season of Sitcom I Didn't Do It
Crown Media Family Networks, the country's most trusted source for quality wholesome entertainment, debuted the new look and logo for Hallmark Movie Channel's imminent rebrand to Hallmark Movies & Mysteries. The brand repositioning, which will come to life across digital and linear platforms on October 1, follows the successful brand redesign for sister network, Hallmark Channel 2 years ago.
Maintaining parent company Hallmark Cards' iconic moniker and emblem, Hallmark Movie Channel's new name and logo design emphasize the exciting next phase in the network's evolution, as it expands and redefines its mix of original programming and stakes an ownership claim on the sofside of the mystery genre. In addition, by dropping the word "channel" from its name, the network is better positioned for long term growth in a rapidly changing landscape that includes traditional linear, as well as digital platforms. The network's enhanced programming slate will include three Mystery Wheel movie franchises, which will debut in 2015.
Disney Channel has ordered a second season of the single-camera comedy series I Didn't Do It, starring popular actress and recording artist Olivia Holt (Disney XD's Kickin' It), Austin North, Piper Curda, Peyton Clark, and Sarah Gilman. The series premiered in January and season to date is Disney Channel's #1 series among Tweens 9-14 (a tie) and ranks among the network's Top 5 series with both Kids 2-11 and Kids 6-11. New episodes of I Didn't Do It premiere Sundays at 8:30pm ET/PT on Disney Channel. Each episode begins with the close-knit group of five teenagers in the midst of a wild occurrence - something incredible, something so comically absurd, it has them trying to explain away the craziness. Through a series of flashbacks, they recount the various and sometimes random moments leading up to their present predicament. And speaking of Disney Channel, don't forget the second episode of Girl Meets World airs this Friday at its normal time of 8:30pm.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (December/January)
12/06 - Family Guy - Season Fourteen
12/13 - American Dad! - Volume 11
12/13 - Newhart - The Complete Seventh Season
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Sunday, January 22
Son of Zorn - "Radioactive Ex-Girlfriend" (Fox, 7:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
With Craig and Edie’s engagement party around the corner, everyone is figuring out who to bring. Alan struggles to figure out his relationship status with Layla, while Zorn rekindles with his ex, Radiana (Olivia Wilde), who is literally radioactive. All the while, Craig has just received his certificate in relationship counseling and is helping others, but just can’t seem to help himself.
Bob's Burgers - "See Me Now" (Fox, 7:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Teddy organizes a day trip on his newly refurbished boat in an effort to impress his ex-wife, Denise. Meanwhile, Tina attempts to show that she is responsible enough for a cell phone by taking care of Bob’s prized eraser from the restaurant. Can both Teddy and Tina prove themselves.
The Simpsons - "Friends and Family" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Mr. Burns hires the Simpsons to play his live-in virtual reality family, but excludes Homer so that he may play dad. Now alone, Homer finds a new best friend in girl-next-door Julia, who eats, drinks and thinks like him.
Son of Zorn - "The Battle of Self-Acceptance" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Craig is worried he’s not man enough for Edie and asks Zorn to help him become a warrior. Meanwhile, to get closer to Layla, Alan finds a way to change the thing about which he’s most insecure, but ends up going to extreme.
Family Guy - "Peternormal Activity" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
The guys go to an abandoned asylum seeking inspiration for a new horror movie idea, but end up accidentally killing a man they think is keeping them hostage. Wracked with guilt, they each try to pin the murder on someone else. Meanwhile, Stewie is on a mission to destroy Brian’s glasses because he’s annoyed by how pretentious Brian’s been acting when he wears them.
Bob's Burgers - "Teen-A-Witch" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
With Halloween quickly approaching, Tina reveals her brilliant idea that will finally win her first place in the annual costume contest. When Tammy steals her idea, Tina is forced to seek the help of Mr. Ambrose, who leads her to alternate and other-worldly methods of winning. Meanwhile, Bob is on a mission to figure out who is stealing his perfectly crafted pumpkins.
Saturday, January 21
- Phylicia Rashad (The Cosby Show/Cosby) - Phylicia will be featured on Oprah: Where Are They Now? at 10pm ET/PT on OWN.
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal) - Catch NeNe on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Allison Janney (Mom/Mr. Sunshine) - Watch Allison on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- William Shatner ($h*! My Dad Says) and Henry Winkler (Happy Days/Arrested Development/Out of Practice) - William and Henry are guests on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Kevin Nealon (Man with a Plan/Weeds/Hiller and Diller/Champs) - Kevin appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Jade Catta-Preta (Manhattan Love Story) - Jade is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Wendi McClendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Wendi stops by Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Cristela Alonzo (Cristela) - Cristela chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Tika Sumpter (The Game) - Tika appears on The Real, so check your local listings.
- Justina Machado (One Day at a Time) - Justina will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry and Rebecca Romjin talk about Love Locks on NBC's Today in the 9am hour. Jerry will also be on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT and on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Retta (Parks and Recreation) - Retta talks about Girlfriend's Guide to Divorce on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.