Thursday, June 19, 2014
As we mentioned, reruns of the popular '90s sitcom Blossom are coming to The Hub in a few weeks (starting July 7). Now we have learned that most of the cast reunited for some promos and a photo shoot to celebrate the series returning in reruns. Reuniting were Mayim Bialik, Jenna von Oy, Joey Lawrence and Michael Stoyanov. They got together almost 15 years after Blossom ended. Bialik tweeted, "The HubTVNetwork shoot for the #blossomreunion is going great!!!!" She added, "Um...@joeylawrence @MikeStoyanov @JennavonOy. We still look like young whippersnappers @hubtvnetwork #blossomreunion" We can't wait to see the show back in reruns on July 7 on The Hub! The cast of The Wonder Years recently reunited as well for a piece on the upcoming Wonder Years DVD and of course Boy Meets World is coming back with a new series, Girl Meets World, at the end of this month. It's the return of the '90s, indeed! We're not getting a reunion or retrospective or anything for Blossom, but it's always cool to see a cast reunite, even just for a photo shoot and promos. Stay with us for continued updates! Whoa!
Tori Spelling and Jennie Garth reunite in ABC Family's new comedy Mystery Girls, premiering next Wednesday (June 25) at 8:30pm ET/PT. The premiere episode will now be a different episode. The sitcom follows Charlie Contour (Garth), a suburban housewife and mother, and Holly Hamilton (Spelling), who longs for her glory days in the 90's when she was on television starring with Charlie as the "Mystery Girls." Both of their lives are disrupted when Nick (Miguel Pinzon), a witness to a crime and a "Mystery Girls" fanatic, will only speak to the infamous duo, and the former friends must reunite and put their TV crime-solving skills to the test.
In the new premiere episode, "Death Becomes Her," Nick discovers an online rumor going around that Holly is dead, but instead of immediately correcting it, they start selling some of her unwanted belongings online to make extra money and find that someone is trying to sell a sex tape from her TV show days. The 'Mystery Girls' let the rumor flourish and throw a fake memorial service, complete with Holly in disguise, in order to track down the culprit. The actual pilot episode, "Pilot," which was slated to air on this night, will now air a few weeks later on Wednesday, July 16.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, September 29
Superstore - "Back to Work" (NBC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Jeff (recurring guest star Michael Bunin), the district manager from corporate, tells the Cloud 9 employees he is going to be around for the day to see what can improve in the store. Amy (America Ferrera) tries to impress him with a perfect day, but a workplace accident threatens her plan. Meanwhile, Glenn (Mark McKinney) tries to come off as a tough boss in front of Jeff, Jonah (Ben Feldman) attempts to help an unyielding Dina (Lauren Ash) win over the employees she betrayed in the strike and Mateo (Nico Santos) discovers something about Jeff in his pursuit to win him over.
The Good Place - "Jason Mendoza" (NBC, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Eleanor (Kristen Bell) faces her toughest test yet in her attempt to remain in hiding. Meanwhile, Michael (Ted Danson) enlists Tahani (Jameela Jamil) to help a fellow neighbor fulfill her true purpose.
The Big Bang Theory - "The Earworm Reverberation" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Sheldon has a revelation when he realizes why a song was stuck in his head. Also, Amy invites Dave (Stephen Merchant) over for dinner despite their previously awkward date, and Wolowitz and Koothrappali become obsessed with a fan of their band, “Footprints on the Moon.”
Kevin Can Wait - "Pilot" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Kevin James stars as a newly retired police officer looking forward to spending carefree, quality time with his wife and three kids, only to find he faces tougher challenges at home than he ever did on the streets.
Better Things - "Woman Is the Something of the Something" (FX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Sam gets really looked at.
Thursday, September 29
- Judith Light (Transparent/Phenom/Who's the Boss?) - Catch Judith on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Tim Meadows (Son of Zorn/Marry Me/The Michael Richards Show) - Tim appears on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He will also be on the AOL Build Show at 3pm.
- Max Greenfield (New Girl/Modern Men) - Max drops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ken Jeong (Dr. Ken/Community), Dave Foley (Dr. Ken/NewsRadio) and Suzy Nakamura (Dr. Ken/Go On) - Ken, Dave and Suzy are guests on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight. Ken will also be on Harry, so check your local listings.
- January Jones (The Last Man on Earth) - January stops by Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Sarah Jessica Parker (Divorce/Sex and the City/Square Pegs) - Sarah appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Alfonso Ribeiro (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air/In the House/Silver Spoons) - Alfonso joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT. He will also be on the AOL Build Show at 11am.
- Holland Taylor (Two and a Half Men/The Powers That Be) - Holland talks about The Front Page on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Jamie-Lynn Sigler (Guys with Kids) - Jamie-Lynn is a guest on Good Day New York on WNYW-Fox5 in New York sometime between 7-10am and on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Kristen Bell (The Good Place) - Kristen appears on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.