Wednesday, June 11, 2014
Blossom is coming back! In a very special Blossom announcement, The Hub Network is bringing everybody's favorite teenager to cable for the first time ever beginning Monday, July 7 at 10pm ET/7pm PT. Episodes from the classic, trend-setting series will air weekdays at 10pm ET and 10:30pm ET/7:00pm and 7:30pm PT on the Hub Network, champions of family fun and the only network dedicated to providing kids and families entertainment they can watch together. Blossom will air for the first time on television in 15 years (since leaving broadcast syndication) and the Hub Network is currently the only network on which the series can be seen!
Viewers can relive Blossom's inspiring journey as she navigates from childhood into adulthood, facing the real trials and tribulations of adolescence and learning valuable life lessons along the way. Life has its share of ups and downs, but Blossom meets challenges head-on with pluck, imagination and a healthy sense of humor. The series stars two-time Emmy Award®-nominated actress Mayim Bialik (The Big Bang Theory) as Blossom Russo, Ted Wass (Soap) as her father Nick, Joey Lawrence (Melissa & Joey) as her older brother Joey, Michael Stoyanov (Late Night with Conan O'Brien) as her other older brother Anthony and Jenna von Oÿ (The Parkers) as her best friend Six. An all-star group of guest stars have graced the series, including Will Smith, Tobey Maguire, Neil Patrick Harris, Singer-songwriter Sonny Bono, Dick Clark, Estelle Getty, ALF, Johnny Galecki, David Schwimmer, Singer-songwriter B.B. King, Alex Trebek, Recording artist Little Richard, Mark-Paul Gosselaar, Major League Baseball player Reggie Jackson, Arsenio Hall, Brittany Murphy, David Arquette, Tori Spelling and Singer-songwriter Melissa Manchester. The Hub Network has licensed all five seasons of Blossom (113 episodes) from the Disney-ABC Television Group. We will let you know soon how the full Hub schedule will look like as a result of this addition, as currently they air sitcoms such as Step by Step, Sister Sister, Family Ties, ALF, Happy Days and more.
Pretty Little Liars has been picked up for not one but two more seasons! The hit series started airing its fifth season last night and now ABC Family has picked up a sixth AND seventh season! The network has picked up an unprecedented two seasons of its longest-running original hit series, Pretty Little Liars, from Warner Horizon Television. Season six is set to air mid-2015, and season seven is set to air mid-2016. It will likely follow the pattern of a summer run for its first half and then a winter run to complete its season. Pretty Little Liars is ABC Family's #1 series in the network's history in Total Viewers (3.8 million) and across all target demos: Adults 18-34 (1.5 million/2.2 rating), Women 18-34 (1.3 million/3.7 rating), Adults 18-49 (2.0 million/1.6 rating), Women 18-49 (1.7 million/2.7 rating), Viewers 12-34 (2.6 million/2.8 rating) and Females 12-34 (2.3 million/4.9 rating). In fact, PLL has been TV's #1 cable telecast in the hour for 95-consecutive original telecasts in Females 12-34 - every telecast since its June 2010 series launch - for 47 in Adults 18-34, for 54 in Women 18-34, for 50 in Women 18-49 and for 58 in Viewers 12-34.
Last night's season 5 premiere of Pretty Little Liars entitled "EscApe From New York" picked up where the season four finale left off, with Aria and the Liars reeling from Ezra's shooting at the hands of "A." The five girls quickly realized that as the one person who truly knows "A's" identity, Ezra is in grave danger. While Aria stood watch over Ezra at the hospital, Alison and the PLLs layed a trap to finally flush out "A" and were shocked by who was ensnared.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (February/March)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbrekable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, March 30
The Big Bang Theory - "The Collaboration Fluctuation" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Leonard, Penny and Raj adjust to their new living arrangement, and Sheldon takes an interest in Amy’s work.
The Great Indoors - "Cubicles" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Jack can’t concentrate because of the millennials’ distracting juvenile behavior, Brooke installs cubicles in the bullpen.
Mom - "Black Mold and an Old Hot Dog" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Christy helps Jill adjust to being a new foster mother, and Bonnie has trouble convincing tenants that she’s a good building manager.
Life in Pieces - "Sleepover Dream Light Haze" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When Matt and Colleen take a strong sleep aid, they start experiencing crazy sleepwalking adventures. Also, Greg gets upset when Jen reveals she had a sex dream about a member of the family; Tim regrets missing a slumber party when he was a kid so he insists on helping Sophia make it through a friend’s sleepover; and John installs a motion-sensor light in the yard that flashes repeatedly, keeping them up at night. Fortune Feimster returns as Colleen’s roommate, Dougie, and J.B. Smoove returns as John and Joan’s neighbor, Darryl.
Superstore - "Seasonal Help" (NBC, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Much to Amy's (America Ferrera) dismay, Glenn (Mark McKinney) hires Amy's husband, Adam (guest star Ryan Gaul), for some extra help, exposing her in ways in which she is not prepared. Frustrated with the lazy, noncommittal temps, Jonah (Ben Feldman) and Garrett (Colton Dunn) start an employee draft to place bets on who will quit first while Glenn tries to find the perfect person to play Santa at the store for Christmas.
Powerless - "I'ma Friend You" (NBC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Emily (Vanessa Hudgens) learns that Jackie (Christina Kirk) is in need of some extra cash, she can't help but try and do what she can to help her out. Meanwhile, Van (Alan Tudyk) is on a witch hunt and has his eyes set on Teddy (Danny Pudi), Ron (Ron Funches) and Wendy (Jennie Pierson).
Thursday, March 30
- Matthew Perry (The Odd Couple/Go On/Mr. Sunshine/Friends) - Catch Matthew on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am and the AOL Build Show at 4pm.
- Louis C.K. (Louie/Lucky Louie) - Louie appears on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Regina King (227) - Regina stops by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Marisa Tomei (A Different World) - Marissa is a guest on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Christine Baranski (Cybill/Happy Family/Welcome to New York) - Christine appears on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Kristen Schaal (The Last Man on Earth/Bob's Burgers/Flight of the Conchords) - Kristen visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Adam Scott (Parks and Recreation) - Adam drops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Brooklyn Decker (Grace and Frankie/Friends with Better Lives) - Brooklyn is a guest on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Wanda Sykes (The New Adventures of Old Christine/Wanda at Large) - Wanda appears on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Christian Slater (Breaking In) - Christian guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Kristen Bell (The Good Place) - Kristen is a guest on a repeat of The Real, so check your listings.
- Alec Baldwin (30 Rock) and Lisa Kudrow (Friends/The Comeback) - Alec and Lisa talk about The Baby Boss on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Katey Sagal (Superior Donuts/Married with Children/8 Simple Rules) - Katey discusses her new book Grace Notes: My Recollections on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. She will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 11:30am ET.
- Zach Braff (Scrubs) - Zach will be on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Craig Ferguson (The Drew Carey Show) - Craig is a guest on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.