Wednesday, June 11, 2014
Blossom is coming back! In a very special Blossom announcement, The Hub Network is bringing everybody's favorite teenager to cable for the first time ever beginning Monday, July 7 at 10pm ET/7pm PT. Episodes from the classic, trend-setting series will air weekdays at 10pm ET and 10:30pm ET/7:00pm and 7:30pm PT on the Hub Network, champions of family fun and the only network dedicated to providing kids and families entertainment they can watch together. Blossom will air for the first time on television in 15 years (since leaving broadcast syndication) and the Hub Network is currently the only network on which the series can be seen!
Viewers can relive Blossom's inspiring journey as she navigates from childhood into adulthood, facing the real trials and tribulations of adolescence and learning valuable life lessons along the way. Life has its share of ups and downs, but Blossom meets challenges head-on with pluck, imagination and a healthy sense of humor. The series stars two-time Emmy Award®-nominated actress Mayim Bialik (The Big Bang Theory) as Blossom Russo, Ted Wass (Soap) as her father Nick, Joey Lawrence (Melissa & Joey) as her older brother Joey, Michael Stoyanov (Late Night with Conan O'Brien) as her other older brother Anthony and Jenna von Oÿ (The Parkers) as her best friend Six. An all-star group of guest stars have graced the series, including Will Smith, Tobey Maguire, Neil Patrick Harris, Singer-songwriter Sonny Bono, Dick Clark, Estelle Getty, ALF, Johnny Galecki, David Schwimmer, Singer-songwriter B.B. King, Alex Trebek, Recording artist Little Richard, Mark-Paul Gosselaar, Major League Baseball player Reggie Jackson, Arsenio Hall, Brittany Murphy, David Arquette, Tori Spelling and Singer-songwriter Melissa Manchester. The Hub Network has licensed all five seasons of Blossom (113 episodes) from the Disney-ABC Television Group. We will let you know soon how the full Hub schedule will look like as a result of this addition, as currently they air sitcoms such as Step by Step, Sister Sister, Family Ties, ALF, Happy Days and more.
Pretty Little Liars has been picked up for not one but two more seasons! The hit series started airing its fifth season last night and now ABC Family has picked up a sixth AND seventh season! The network has picked up an unprecedented two seasons of its longest-running original hit series, Pretty Little Liars, from Warner Horizon Television. Season six is set to air mid-2015, and season seven is set to air mid-2016. It will likely follow the pattern of a summer run for its first half and then a winter run to complete its season. Pretty Little Liars is ABC Family's #1 series in the network's history in Total Viewers (3.8 million) and across all target demos: Adults 18-34 (1.5 million/2.2 rating), Women 18-34 (1.3 million/3.7 rating), Adults 18-49 (2.0 million/1.6 rating), Women 18-49 (1.7 million/2.7 rating), Viewers 12-34 (2.6 million/2.8 rating) and Females 12-34 (2.3 million/4.9 rating). In fact, PLL has been TV's #1 cable telecast in the hour for 95-consecutive original telecasts in Females 12-34 - every telecast since its June 2010 series launch - for 47 in Adults 18-34, for 54 in Women 18-34, for 50 in Women 18-49 and for 58 in Viewers 12-34.
Last night's season 5 premiere of Pretty Little Liars entitled "EscApe From New York" picked up where the season four finale left off, with Aria and the Liars reeling from Ezra's shooting at the hands of "A." The five girls quickly realized that as the one person who truly knows "A's" identity, Ezra is in grave danger. While Aria stood watch over Ezra at the hospital, Alison and the PLLs layed a trap to finally flush out "A" and were shocked by who was ensnared.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, October 22
Superstore - "Guns, Pills and Birds" (NBC, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Amy (America Ferrera) assigns an uncomfortable Jonah (Ben Feldman) to the gun section of Cloud 9, Jonah abuses his right-to-refuse sale to anyone that causes concern, causing an open-carry protest to gather in the store. On principle, Glenn (Mark McKinney) attempts to purchase all of the store's morning-after pills, but finds himself in a moral dilemma when he can't afford them. Dina (Lauren Ash), Garrett (Colton Dunn) and Mateo (Nico Santos) hunt down a crow that has flown into the store.
The Thundermans - "Happy Heroween" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
It's a major Halloween storm outside, but inside Colosso keeps the family spooked by telling three scary stories that are sure to terrify even the bravest of superheroes.
School of Rock - "Welcome to My Nightmare" (Nickelodeon, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Mr. Finn's class decides to celebrate Halloween in school after Principal Mullins, who hates the holiday, goes home sick. When she returns sooner than expected, they have to scramble to keep her from finding out the truth.
Saturday, October 22
- Jim J. Bullock (Too Close for Comfort) - Jim talks about touring the U.S. in Kinky Boots on Oprah: Where Are They Now? at 10pm ET/PT on OWN.
- Patti LaBelle (Out All Night) - Catch Patti on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Ricky Gervais (The Office) - Watch Ricky on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Tom Hanks (Bosom Buddies) - Tom appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also talks about Inferno on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Elijah Wood (Wilfred) - Elijah is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Ana Gasteyer (People of Earth/Lady Dynamite/Suburgatory) - Ana visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Nick Offerman (Parks and Recreation) - Nick stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ron Howard (Happy Days/The Andy Griffith Show) - Ron appears on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Zooey Deschanel (New Girl) - Zooey is a guest on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Michael Chiklis (Daddio) - Michael drops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Jameela Jamil (The Good Place) - Jameela appears on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Aya Cash (You're the Worst) - Aya talks about You're the Worst on the AOL Build ShoW at 2pm. She will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth) - Will is a guest on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Mary Steenburgen (The Last Man on Earth/Ink) - Mary talks about The Last Man on Earth on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. She will also be on the AOL Build Show at 12:30pm.
- Anna Camp (The Mindy Project) - Anna talks about Good Girls Revolt on People Now at 8:30am.
- James Brolin (Life in Pieces) - James is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.