Monday, May 05, 2014
TV Land Orders 6th Season of Hot in Cleveland; More Details on Girl Meets World Premiere on Disney Channel
TV Land's hit sitcom Hot in Cleveland has been renewed for another 24 episodes for a sixth season. The announcement was made during rehearsal for the series' upcoming landmark 100th episode, entitled "Win Win," which taped this past Friday (May 2). Hot in Cleveland stars Valerie Bertinelli, Jane Leeves, Wendie Malick and Betty White, and is currently airing its fifth season on Wednesdays at 10pm ET/PT on TV Land. Hot in Cleveland is averaging 2.6 million total viewers since its launch in 2010 (Source: Nielsen, Premieres Only, 6/16/10-4/23/14). The series revolves around three fabulous best friends from LA – Melanie Moretti, Joy Scroggs, and Victoria Chase (Bertinelli, Leeves and Malick) – who find their lives changed forever when their plane, headed for Paris, makes an emergency landing in Cleveland. When the friends discover that life is better in Cleveland, they decide to stay. Starting over together, they rent a house that happens to come with a very opinioned caretaker, Elka Ostrovsky (White). Hot in Cleveland is currently seen around the world in 211 countries, and will begin airing in syndication through CBS Television Distribution in September 2014.
TV Land President Larry Jones (@tvlandlarry) took a celebration selfie with the cast of Hot in Cleveland after announcing the pick-up of season six while rehearsing the 100th episode. See the image above. #LetMeTakeASelfie #HotInCleveland100th
The eagerly-anticipated premiere date for the comedy series Girl Meets World from executive producer Michael Jacobs (Boy Meets World) has been set for Friday, June 27 at 9:45pm ET/PT on Disney Channel immediately following a highly anticipated original movie starring Zendaya. The multi-platform rollout begins with the series' premiere episode available to verified viewers on WATCH Disney Channel as of Wednesday, May 21, and a Boy Meets World marathon on Sunday, June 15. The series' auspicious debut includes a multi-platform rollout, beginning with the premiere episode available to verified viewers on WATCH Disney Channel as of Wednesday, May 21 and a four-hour Boy Meets World Father's Day marathon on Sunday, June 15 on Disney Channel. A free download of Girl Meets World preview episode will be available on iTunes on June 13, two days prior to premiere. After the June 27 TV premiere, Girl Meets World will debut in its regular time slot of 8:30pm, ET/PT on Friday, July 11 on Disney Channel. The evening will be hosted by the cast, like old times on ABC's TGIF block. Boy Meets World originally aired from (1993-2000) on ABC on Fridays nights. It currently airs in reruns on ABC Family and MTV2.
Starting Tuesday, May 20, a remix and original version of the Girl Meets World theme song "Take on the World," performed by series star Rowan Blanchard and Sabrina Carpenter and written by Matthew Tishler, Maria Christensen and Shridhar Solanki, will be released via digital retailers. Girl Meets World introduces Rowan Blanchard as Riley Matthews, the tween daughter of Cory and Topanga Matthews, while Ben Savage and Danielle Fishel reprise the roles of one of television's favorite couples from the nostalgic favorite Boy Meets World. Sabrina Carpenter (Sofia the First and a Hollywood Records recording artist) plays Riley's best friend, Maya Hart. August Maturo plays younger brother Auggie Matthews, Peyton Meyer plays Riley's crush Lucas Friar and Corey Fogelmanis is Farkle, an intelligent and quirky classmate. Made for kids and families, Girl Meets World tells the wonderfully funny, heartfelt stories that Boy Meets World is renowned for – only this time from a tween girl's perspective. It focuses on relationships with family and friends and the important, indelible values therein, as the relatable and adventurous Riley and her bold best friend Maya traverse the twists and turns of teenage years at Manhattan's John Quincy Adams Middle School where Riley's dad is their History teacher. In the premiere episode, the typically studious Riley joins a homework rebellion in an attempt to be more like Maya, but it quickly leads to a rift between father and daughter.
Upcoming guest stars include Boy Meets World alumni William Daniels as the beloved teacher Mr. Feeney, Rider Strong as Cory's best friend Shawn Hunter; William Russ and Betsy Randle as Cory's parents; Lee Norris as Minkus and Danny McNulty as Harley Keiner; plus Cloris Leachman (The Mary Tyler Moore Show, The Facts of Life), Jane Lynch (Glee), Jackée Harry (Sister, Sister and 227), Willie Garson (White Collar, Sex and the City), Charlotte Rae (The Facts of Life) and musician Herbie Hancock. 21 episodes have been ordered for Girl Meets World. Stay with us for continued updates.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (February/March)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbrekable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, March 25
Henry Danger - "Gas or Fail" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Captain Man finds himself trapped underground, Henry must devise a way to sneak out of his school's standardized testing to save Ray.
Game Shakers - "Llama Llama Spit Spit" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
After the Game Shakers get kicked out of Fooders to make room for a guest who has his photo on the wall, Babe becomes determined to get their own photo up using any means necessary.
Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn - "To Be Invited or Not to Be" (Nickelodeon, 9:00PM ET/PT)
The quads make a new friend, an amazing inventor, but when not all of them get invited back to hang out again, they start to wonder why.
Love Thy Neighbor - "Better Late Than Never" (OWN, 9:00PM ET/PT)
A missed call leaves Danny and his family in a bad place.
Love Thy Neighbor - "Make Up or Make Out" (OWN, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Still upset with his friends, Danny takes the advice of his family.
Sunday, March 26
- Sanaa Lathan (Family Guy/The Cleveland Show/LateLine) - Catch Sanaa on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Chris Pratt (Parks and Recreation) - Watch Chris on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Richard Dreyfuss (Your Family or Mine) - Richard appears on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Lily Tomlin (Grace and Frankie/Malibu Country) and Jane Fonda (Grace and Frankie) - Lily and Jane are guests on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. They also chat with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Craig Ferguson (The Drew Carey Show) - Craig visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He will also be on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Rachel Dratch (Imaginary Mary) - Rachel is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Pete Holmes (Crashing) - Pete stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jenna Elfman (Imaginary Mary/1600 Penn/Accidentally on Purpose/Courting Alex/Dharma & Greg) - Jenna appears on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Ron Funches (Powerless/Undateable) - Ron is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Kaitlin Olson (The Mick/It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia) - Kaitlin drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Wendi McLendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Wendi appears on a repeat of Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends/The Comeback) - Lisa is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Mark Consuelos (Alpha House/Hope & Faith) - Mark guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Tahj Mowry, Derek Theler and Jean-Luc Bilodeau (Baby Daddy) - Tahj, Derek and Jean-Luc are guests on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Tika Sumpter (The Game) - Tika appears on a repeat of The Real, so check your local listings.
- Vanessa Bell Calloway (Rhythm & Blues) - Vanessa is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- June Diane Raphael (Grace and Frankie) - June talks about Grace and Frankie on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Molly/Samantha Who?) and Ben Falcone (Joey) - Melissa and Ben talk TV Land's Nobodies on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Brooklyn Decker (Grace and Frankie/Friends with Better Lives) - Brookyln stops by People Now at 8:30am.
- Marcia Gay Harden (Trophy Wife) - Marcia opens up about her favorite part of being in the 50 Shades movies on People Now at 8:30am. \
- Tracee Ellis Ross (black-ish/Girlfriends) - Tracee dishes about her Golden Globe win on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 2am on BET or on your local stations.