Monday, May 05, 2014
TV Land Orders 6th Season of Hot in Cleveland; More Details on Girl Meets World Premiere on Disney Channel
TV Land's hit sitcom Hot in Cleveland has been renewed for another 24 episodes for a sixth season. The announcement was made during rehearsal for the series' upcoming landmark 100th episode, entitled "Win Win," which taped this past Friday (May 2). Hot in Cleveland stars Valerie Bertinelli, Jane Leeves, Wendie Malick and Betty White, and is currently airing its fifth season on Wednesdays at 10pm ET/PT on TV Land. Hot in Cleveland is averaging 2.6 million total viewers since its launch in 2010 (Source: Nielsen, Premieres Only, 6/16/10-4/23/14). The series revolves around three fabulous best friends from LA – Melanie Moretti, Joy Scroggs, and Victoria Chase (Bertinelli, Leeves and Malick) – who find their lives changed forever when their plane, headed for Paris, makes an emergency landing in Cleveland. When the friends discover that life is better in Cleveland, they decide to stay. Starting over together, they rent a house that happens to come with a very opinioned caretaker, Elka Ostrovsky (White). Hot in Cleveland is currently seen around the world in 211 countries, and will begin airing in syndication through CBS Television Distribution in September 2014.
TV Land President Larry Jones (@tvlandlarry) took a celebration selfie with the cast of Hot in Cleveland after announcing the pick-up of season six while rehearsing the 100th episode. See the image above. #LetMeTakeASelfie #HotInCleveland100th
The eagerly-anticipated premiere date for the comedy series Girl Meets World from executive producer Michael Jacobs (Boy Meets World) has been set for Friday, June 27 at 9:45pm ET/PT on Disney Channel immediately following a highly anticipated original movie starring Zendaya. The multi-platform rollout begins with the series' premiere episode available to verified viewers on WATCH Disney Channel as of Wednesday, May 21, and a Boy Meets World marathon on Sunday, June 15. The series' auspicious debut includes a multi-platform rollout, beginning with the premiere episode available to verified viewers on WATCH Disney Channel as of Wednesday, May 21 and a four-hour Boy Meets World Father's Day marathon on Sunday, June 15 on Disney Channel. A free download of Girl Meets World preview episode will be available on iTunes on June 13, two days prior to premiere. After the June 27 TV premiere, Girl Meets World will debut in its regular time slot of 8:30pm, ET/PT on Friday, July 11 on Disney Channel. The evening will be hosted by the cast, like old times on ABC's TGIF block. Boy Meets World originally aired from (1993-2000) on ABC on Fridays nights. It currently airs in reruns on ABC Family and MTV2.
Starting Tuesday, May 20, a remix and original version of the Girl Meets World theme song "Take on the World," performed by series star Rowan Blanchard and Sabrina Carpenter and written by Matthew Tishler, Maria Christensen and Shridhar Solanki, will be released via digital retailers. Girl Meets World introduces Rowan Blanchard as Riley Matthews, the tween daughter of Cory and Topanga Matthews, while Ben Savage and Danielle Fishel reprise the roles of one of television's favorite couples from the nostalgic favorite Boy Meets World. Sabrina Carpenter (Sofia the First and a Hollywood Records recording artist) plays Riley's best friend, Maya Hart. August Maturo plays younger brother Auggie Matthews, Peyton Meyer plays Riley's crush Lucas Friar and Corey Fogelmanis is Farkle, an intelligent and quirky classmate. Made for kids and families, Girl Meets World tells the wonderfully funny, heartfelt stories that Boy Meets World is renowned for – only this time from a tween girl's perspective. It focuses on relationships with family and friends and the important, indelible values therein, as the relatable and adventurous Riley and her bold best friend Maya traverse the twists and turns of teenage years at Manhattan's John Quincy Adams Middle School where Riley's dad is their History teacher. In the premiere episode, the typically studious Riley joins a homework rebellion in an attempt to be more like Maya, but it quickly leads to a rift between father and daughter.
Upcoming guest stars include Boy Meets World alumni William Daniels as the beloved teacher Mr. Feeney, Rider Strong as Cory's best friend Shawn Hunter; William Russ and Betsy Randle as Cory's parents; Lee Norris as Minkus and Danny McNulty as Harley Keiner; plus Cloris Leachman (The Mary Tyler Moore Show, The Facts of Life), Jane Lynch (Glee), Jackée Harry (Sister, Sister and 227), Willie Garson (White Collar, Sex and the City), Charlotte Rae (The Facts of Life) and musician Herbie Hancock. 21 episodes have been ordered for Girl Meets World. Stay with us for continued updates.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Tuesday, October 25
The Middle - "Halloween VIII: The Heckoning" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
As Halloween approaches, Frankie is taken aback when she discovers that, if the circumstances ever arose where she and Mike got divorced, the kids would all choose to live with Mike. Meanwhile, Sue tries everything in her power to get her room back from Brick, and having to be so nice around girlfriend April all of the time leads Axl to lash out at his family.
American Housewife - "Westport Zombies" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Katie, jealous of Taylor’s friendship with neighbor Viv (Leslie Bibb), reluctantly competes in the Westport Halloween “Zombie Run” after she finds out they’ll both be running. Meanwhile, Greg and Anna-Kat get a little too much in character for the “zombie” part of the run’s obstacle course.
Fresh Off the Boat - "Louisween" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
It’s Louis’ favorite holiday, and he makes every attempt to scare Jessica into the Halloween spirit, but she is buried in her word processor, drafting her first horror novel. Meanwhile, Emery and Evan debate costume choices, and Eddie and his crew are excited to party with high schoolers at Nicole’s house.
The Real O'Neals - "The Real Halloween" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When Halloween arrives, or what Kenny refers to as “the gay Super Bowl,” he plans to go to Boystown to watch the festive costume parade. In an effort to prevent Kenny from attending, Eileen agrees to let him throw his own Halloween party at home. Eileen’s tolerance is ultimately tested when Kenny recruits Stuart and his gay friends to join the big party, and he makes a BIG costume change. Meanwhile, Jimmy and Shannon plan to pull off an epic Halloween prank.
Atlanta - "Junteenth" (FX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Why my Auntie trying to make me go to one of these bougie Junteenth parties again? I don't like them sadity people and I'm gonna miss my shows. Le sigh.
Family Time - "Head of House" (Bounce TV, 9:00PM ET/PT)
When the Stallworths have an unexpected visitor, they learn of a vicious crime that took place in their home years ago.
Tuesday, October 25
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth) - Catch Will on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Matt LeBlanc (Man with a Plan/Episodes/Friends) - Matt is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Cobie Smulders (How I Met Your Mother) - Cobie appears on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Skylar Astin (Ground Floor) - Skylar is a guest on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Ron Howard (Happy Days/The Andy Griffith Show) - Ron drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Mary Lynn Rajskub (How to Be a Gentleman/Veronica's Closet/The Larry Sanders Show) and David Koechner (Another Period/Hank/The Office) - Mary and David are guests on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- John Lithgow (3rd Rock from the Sun/Twenty Good Years) - John appears on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Jamie Lee Curtis (Scream Queens/Anything But Love) - Jamie Lee is a guest on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Erinn Hayes (Kevin Can Wait/Guys with Kids/Worst Week) - Erinn plays a celeb guessing game with Rach, who’s serving up no-fail make-your-own takeout, on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Mary Steenburgen (The Last Man on Earth/Ink) - Mary joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Ana Gasteyer (People of Earth/Lady Dynamite/Suburgatory) - Ana will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET. She will also be on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Cheryl Hines (Son of Zorn/Suburgatory/Curb Your Enthusiasm) - Cheryl is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Abbi Jacobson (Broad City) - Abbi will be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. She will also be on the AOL Build Show 4pm.
- Don Rickles (C.P.O. Sharkey/Daddy Dearest) - Don is a guest on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Nico Tortorella (Younger) - Nico appears on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.