Thursday, May 22, 2014
Fox to Air Remaining Episodes of Enlisted; Who's the Boss? Memorial Day Marathon in New York on WLNY
Fox will air the final four episodes of its freshman series Enlisted, which was canceled. The comedy will air Sundays at 7pm beginning June 1 for four weeks to finish out if remaining original episodes. It will replace Bob's Burgers in the time period for a month. A military-set family comedy, Enlisted stars Geoff Stults (October Road), Chris Lowell (Veronica Mars) and Parker Young (Suburgatory) as three brothers who, when the best of the best are sent overseas, stay behind to try to keep the post in order. The series also stars Emmy Award winner Keith David (Cloud Atlas) and Angelique Cabral (Friends with Benefits). Enlisted was pulled after 9 episodes due to low ratings, so now its remaining four episodes will be burned off. The series aired on Fridays nights on Fox.
It's almost time for a holiday and that means a classic TV marathon on New York's WLNY! One of the most beloved comedies in television history will have you laughing on Monday, May 26, when WLNY-TV (Channels 10/55) presents the Who's the Boss? marathon from 7:00 am to 7:00 pm. This classic sitcom stars Tony Danza as Tony Micelli, a housekeeper for Angela Bower, an advertising executive played by Judith Light. The marathon will culminate in primetime with the 1989 "Party Double" episode, when Tony and Mona compete with each other to be Angela's guest at an exclusive party where Frank Sinatra sings, airing at 5:30 pm and the 1989 "In Search of Tony" episode, when Angela and Tony try to prove they can have fun without each other during a family vacation in Jamaica, airing at 6:30 pm.
WLNY's Who's the Boss? marathon will also feature the 1987 "Two on a Billboard" episode, where Tony spends 48 hours on a billboard for a national reading campaign (3:00 pm) and the 1988 "The Matriculator" episode when Tony encourages his daughter Sam (played by Alyssa Milano) to consider higher-education after high school, but he eventually decides to attend college himself (3:30 pm), and the entertaining 1988 "Sleep Talk, Sweet Talk" episode, when the entire household hears Angela loudly call Tony's name in her sleep as she declares her love for him (4:00 pm). It's a brand new life, indeed!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)
10/04 - The Andy Griffith Show - The Christmas Special (Colorized)
10/04 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #1 (Colorized)
10/11 - Dr. Ken - Season One
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Series
10/11 - Nurse Jackie - Seasons One and Two
10/11 - Weeds - Seasons One and Two
11/01 - Schitt's Creek - Seasons One and Two
11/08 - Family Matters - The Complete Ninth Season
11/08 - Your Family or Mine - Season One
11/15 - Community - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Lucy Show - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Mindy Project - Season Four
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Wednesday, December 7
The Goldbergs - "Globetrotters" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Adam attends a Globetrotters game, he falls in love with the “theatrics” of the team and tries doing his own tricks on the court. But when he cuts together a video that makes Barry look like he lost a game to Adam and his friends, Barry demands a rematch, culminating in an epic battle at the school gym. Meanwhile, it’s Murray’s 50th birthday, and, despite his protests, Beverly throws yet another surprise party for him but gets more than she bargained for.
Speechless - " S-L--SLED H-O--HOCKEY" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
JJ instantly wants to join a sled hockey team made up entirely of people with disabilities, but Jimmy is not thrilled and thinks it’s dangerous. Meanwhile, Maya takes a CPR class with Kenneth, and she sees how popular he is and realizes that she needs to be nicer in order to keep him as JJ’s aide.
Modern Family - "A Tale of Three Cities" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
After recent trips take the Dunphys to New York; Mitch, Cam and Lily to the Midwest; and Jay, Gloria, Manny and Joe to Juarez, Mexico; the Pritchett-Dunphy-Tucker clan reunites.
black-ish - "Nothing but Nepotism" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Bow urges Dre to use his connections and secure Zoey a fellowship, but he doesn’t want his daughter relying on nepotism. When Bow finds Zoey a place at the hospital, Dre balks at the idea and successfully pulls some strings at Teen Vogue. Meanwhile, Junior loses his first job at an arcade pizza joint that the twins love after he reports their unclean practices to corporate, and they shut it down.
Younger - "Pigeons, Parrots, and Storks" (TV Land, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Liza and Josh’s future together is thrown into question after having opposing reactions to a near miss.
Impastor - "The Neighbor's Wife" (TV Land, 10:30PM ET/PT)
Buddy deals with the shocking arrival of Alexa’s husband. Dora makes a frightening discovery. Schmidt’s engagement party takes an unexpected turn.
Wednesday, December 7
- T.J. Miller (Silicon Valley/The Goodwin Games/Carpoolers) - Watch T.J on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Lily Tomlin (Grace and Frankie/Malibu Country) - Lily appears on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Melissa Rauch (The Big Bang Theory) - Melissa is a guest on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Chris Pratt (Parks and Recreation) - Chris visits ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am and LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Jane Lynch (Angel from Hell) and Kate Flannery (The Office) - Jane and Kate give a musical performance on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Michael Rosenbaum (Impastor/Zoe, Duncan, Jack and Jane) and Mircea Monroe (Impastor/Episodes) - Michael and Mircea are guests on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Jennifer Aniston (Friends) - Jennifer and the cast of Office Christmas Party are guests on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Aimee Carrero (Young & Hungry) - Aimee appears on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Emmanuelle Chriqui (Entourage) - Emmanuelle is a guest on NBC's Today in the 9am hour. She will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET. She can be heard on The Morning Mash Up on SiriusXM at 10am.