Tuesday, May 20, 2014
Fans of classic TV comedy are in for an incredible treat, as The Queen Latifah Show has assembled the cast of The Carol Burnett Show for their first televised appearance together in 10 years! Join Queen, as she sits down with Carol herself, Tim Conway, Vicki Lawrence, Lyle Waggoner and Bob Mackie as they recount the best and most unforgettable moments from one of TV's greatest variety shows ever. The Queen Latifah Show airs in syndication on stations across the country, so check local listings for time and station. The episode airs TODAY! Following The Queen Latifah Show, fans looking to relive the most hilarious sketches, characters and moments from The Carol Burnett Show should look no further than CAROL'S CRACK-UPS, an all-new 6-disc collector's set featuring 17 uncut episodes and a spectacular selection of specially-produced extras - many never before available in a wide retail release! Carol personally selected each of the 17 hilarious episodes from her extensive archive and they all feature one of the show's fan-favorite hallmarks: sketches so funny that they tested the strength of even the most seasoned cast members -- Harvey Korman, Vicki Lawrence, Lyle Waggoner, Tim Conway and later Dick Van Dyke. Among other unforgettable moments, enjoy Harvey Korman cracking up with Tim Conway in numerous sketches, and, see Carol try to hold back the laughs as Vicki Lawrence took the stage as her timeless character, Mama.
Shannen Doherty and Christopher Lloyd are among the stars in this year's Monster Week on Animal Planet. Earth is ripe with obscure creatures and monumental mysteries that remain tucked away beyond the edges of the map, but this Monster Week, these beasts have nowhere to hide. Animal Planet's giant of a week returns for its third year and is so large it needs nine days to tell the frightfully fun and over-the-top tales of the monsters that lurk below water and stalk on land - from May 18-26. Premiering Sunday, May 25, at 9 PM ET/PT, Blood Lake: Attack of the Killer Lampreys, from the creators of Sharknado, serves as a frightening reminder that monsters come in all shapes and sizes and can attack when you least expect. Actors Shannen Doherty (Charmed, 90210), Christopher Lloyd (Back to the Future) and Jason Brooks (Days of Our Lives) star in the thriller set in small-town Michigan, where lampreys terrorize the residents, and each dip in the pool or trip to the toilet turns into a life-or-death situation. Looking for their next blood-filled victim, Lampreys, which are eel-like fish with huge-toothed, funnel-like mouths, insinuate their slimy bodies throughout the town's sewer system. There is absolutely nowhere to run, and no one is safe. When are they going to strike next? Who's the next victim? The only thing you can be sure is that it's going to suck - big time!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (December/January)
12/06 - Family Guy - Season Fourteen
12/13 - American Dad! - Volume 11
12/13 - Newhart - The Complete Seventh Season
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, January 21
The Thundermans - "Better Off Wed" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
The kids learn that Dr. Colosso ruined their parents' wedding years earlier, and want to recreate Hank & Barb's dream day as their anniversary gift. However, Dr. Colosso remains a threat, and they must keep their plans a secret.
Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn - "Keeping Up with the Quadashians" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
After binge watching their favorite reality TV show, the Quads decide their lives are every bit as "reality TV" worthy, and decide to make a show of their own. Guest Stars: Maddie Ziegler, Mackenzie Ziegler
School of Rock - "Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood" (Nickelodeon, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Tomika and Zack work on a love song together, leading to a moment that will change their friendship forever. Summer and Lawrence hang out together for the first time, and Freddy helps Mr. Finn with a problem.
Saturday, January 21
- Phylicia Rashad (The Cosby Show/Cosby) - Phylicia will be featured on Oprah: Where Are They Now? at 10pm ET/PT on OWN.
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal) - Catch NeNe on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Allison Janney (Mom/Mr. Sunshine) - Watch Allison on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- William Shatner ($h*! My Dad Says) and Henry Winkler (Happy Days/Arrested Development/Out of Practice) - William and Henry are guests on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Kevin Nealon (Man with a Plan/Weeds/Hiller and Diller/Champs) - Kevin appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Jade Catta-Preta (Manhattan Love Story) - Jade is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Wendi McClendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Wendi stops by Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Cristela Alonzo (Cristela) - Cristela chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Tika Sumpter (The Game) - Tika appears on The Real, so check your local listings.
- Justina Machado (One Day at a Time) - Justina will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry and Rebecca Romjin talk about Love Locks on NBC's Today in the 9am hour. Jerry will also be on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT and on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Retta (Parks and Recreation) - Retta talks about Girlfriend's Guide to Divorce on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.