Wednesday, January 15, 2014
TV Land is setting sail for another round of a three-hour tour! After over a decade, Gilligan's Island is returning to TV Land on Monday (Jan. 20) with a launch marathon. Just sit right back and you'll hear tales of all the antics that happened when three hours went hilariously over-time. Join the gang on Gilligan's Island all day Monday for a 12-hour marathon from 9am-9pm! BUT before that, on Thursday, Jan. 16 and Friday, Jan. 17, TV Land will "preview" the series with episodes airing at 7:30pm & 8pm in primetime. The series will regularly join the line-up on Tuesday, Jan. 21 and air weekdays from 7-9pm with four airings. The classic sitcom will also air Saturdays from 4pm-9pm, following The Brady Bunch from 12-4pm. On weekdays, Gilligan is replacing Andy Griffith Show, but that series will still air from 5-7pm leading-in (and of course weekdays 9-11am). Gilligan's Island was last seen on TV Land in 2003, before moving to Hallmark for a brief run. The series currently also airs on digital over-the-air network MeTV since Fall 2013.
Elsewhere on TV Land, I Love Lucy will have a Valentine's Day marathon on Friday, Feb. 14 from 9am-7pm. The series is not airing on the regular schedule currently, but will make an appearance on this appropriate day. And finally, on President's Day (Monday, Feb. 17), its time to spend the day with America's family - The Brady Bunch! The sitcom will have a marathon from 9am-7pm. That's all, stay with us for continued updates on Gilligan's Island and all things TV Land!
Yesterday it was day two of the Fox portion of the TCA winter press tour, but they handed the day over to cable network FX. Among the key highlights were details on high-profile comedy pilots with some big names attached. FX Networks has cast Michael Cera and Academy Award(R) nominated John Hawkes in How And Why, a half-hour comedy pilot from Academy Award-winning screenwriter Charlie Kaufman. Produced by FX Productions, How And Why will begin production this spring in North Carolina. The pilot is the story of a man who can explain how and why a nuclear reactor works, but is clueless about life. Kaufman will write and direct the pilot and serve as executive producer. Anthony Bregman (Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind) will also be executive producer. Meanwhile, FX has ordered a comedy series pilot Created by and starring Zach Galifianakis, and co-written by Emmy(R) Award winning Writer/Producer Louis C.K. No further details of this pilot were available but FX Productions has 12 comedy pilots currently in production.
FX will continue to bring new episodes of Anger Management, while reruns of Mike & Molly are coming in September. 10/90 sitcoms Saint George starring George Lopez and Braddock & Jackson starring Kelsey Grammer and Martin Lawrence will launch in 2014 with ten episodes but if they do well, the back 90 episodes will be picked-up. FX still has not announced launch dates for either sitcom. And finally, 10-episode limited series Fargo , an adaptation of the classic Academy Award winning feature film of the same title, will premiere on FX on Tuesday, April 15 at 10pm. The series stars Billy Bob Thornton, Martin Freeman, Colin Hanks, Bob Odenkirk, Oliver Platt, Kate Walsh, Glenn Howerton, Rachel Blanchard and Adam Goldberg.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (April)
04/05 - 10 Items or Less - The Complete Series
04/05 - Episodes - The Fourth Season
04/05 - The Odd Couple (2015) - Season One
04/12 - Family Matters - The Complete Sixth Season
04/12 - Grace and Frankie - Season One
04/12 - Welcome to Sweden - The Complete Second Season
04/19 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
04/19 - Veep - The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
04/26 - The Beverly Hillbillies - The Official First Season
04/26 - Hot in Cleveland - Season Six
04/26 - Hot in Cleveland - The Complete Series
04/26 - Schitt's Creek - The Complete Second Season
04/29 - The Monkees - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, April 29
Bunk'd - "Bride and Doom" (Disney Channel, 8:00PM ET/PT)
The campers learn about the ghost that haunts Kikiwaka; a camp wedding may be the way to rid the camp of her spirit.
Stuck in the Middle - "Stuck in the Mother's Day Gift" (Disney Channel, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Instead of including the rest of her siblings, Harley decides to go solo on her Mother's Day Gift idea.
Tyler Perry's For Better or Worse - "It's a Woman's World" (OWN, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Leslie and Joseph make assumptions about the other's job.
Friday, April 29
- Don Cheadle (House of Lies/The Golden Palace) - Watch Don on repeats of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC and The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Mark Feuerstein (Good Morning, Miami) - Mark stops by The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- David Duchovny (Californication) - David is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Juliette Lewis (I Married Dora) - Juliette appears on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Amanda Peet (Togetherness/Bent) - Amanda is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Max Greenfield (New Girl/Modern Men) - Max appears on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Garry Marshall (Creator of Happy Days/Laverne & Shirley/Mork & Mindy) - Garry talks about Mother's Day on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Nia Long (Uncle Buck/The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air) - Nia talks about Keanu on NBC's Today in the 10am hour and on the AOL Build Show at 2pm.
- Dave Coulier (Fulller House/Full House) - David is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Geena Davis (The Geena Davis Show/Buffalo Bill) - Geena and Susan Sarandon reunite to celebrate the 25th anniversary of Thelma & Louise on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Marilu Henner (Taxi/Evening Shade) - Marilu talks about Changing Normal on the AOL Build Show at 1pm.
- Tia Mowry-Hardict (Instant Mom/The Game/Sister, Sister) - Tia is a guest on The Real, so check your local listings.
- Ariana Neal (Nicki) - Ariana appears on The Real, so check your local listings.
- Jennifer Aniston (Friends) and Jason Sudeikis (The Last Man on Earth/The Cleveland Show) - Jennifer and Jason talk about Mother's Day on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.