Wednesday, January 15, 2014
TV Land is setting sail for another round of a three-hour tour! After over a decade, Gilligan's Island is returning to TV Land on Monday (Jan. 20) with a launch marathon. Just sit right back and you'll hear tales of all the antics that happened when three hours went hilariously over-time. Join the gang on Gilligan's Island all day Monday for a 12-hour marathon from 9am-9pm! BUT before that, on Thursday, Jan. 16 and Friday, Jan. 17, TV Land will "preview" the series with episodes airing at 7:30pm & 8pm in primetime. The series will regularly join the line-up on Tuesday, Jan. 21 and air weekdays from 7-9pm with four airings. The classic sitcom will also air Saturdays from 4pm-9pm, following The Brady Bunch from 12-4pm. On weekdays, Gilligan is replacing Andy Griffith Show, but that series will still air from 5-7pm leading-in (and of course weekdays 9-11am). Gilligan's Island was last seen on TV Land in 2003, before moving to Hallmark for a brief run. The series currently also airs on digital over-the-air network MeTV since Fall 2013.
Elsewhere on TV Land, I Love Lucy will have a Valentine's Day marathon on Friday, Feb. 14 from 9am-7pm. The series is not airing on the regular schedule currently, but will make an appearance on this appropriate day. And finally, on President's Day (Monday, Feb. 17), its time to spend the day with America's family - The Brady Bunch! The sitcom will have a marathon from 9am-7pm. That's all, stay with us for continued updates on Gilligan's Island and all things TV Land!
Yesterday it was day two of the Fox portion of the TCA winter press tour, but they handed the day over to cable network FX. Among the key highlights were details on high-profile comedy pilots with some big names attached. FX Networks has cast Michael Cera and Academy Award(R) nominated John Hawkes in How And Why, a half-hour comedy pilot from Academy Award-winning screenwriter Charlie Kaufman. Produced by FX Productions, How And Why will begin production this spring in North Carolina. The pilot is the story of a man who can explain how and why a nuclear reactor works, but is clueless about life. Kaufman will write and direct the pilot and serve as executive producer. Anthony Bregman (Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind) will also be executive producer. Meanwhile, FX has ordered a comedy series pilot Created by and starring Zach Galifianakis, and co-written by Emmy(R) Award winning Writer/Producer Louis C.K. No further details of this pilot were available but FX Productions has 12 comedy pilots currently in production.
FX will continue to bring new episodes of Anger Management, while reruns of Mike & Molly are coming in September. 10/90 sitcoms Saint George starring George Lopez and Braddock & Jackson starring Kelsey Grammer and Martin Lawrence will launch in 2014 with ten episodes but if they do well, the back 90 episodes will be picked-up. FX still has not announced launch dates for either sitcom. And finally, 10-episode limited series Fargo , an adaptation of the classic Academy Award winning feature film of the same title, will premiere on FX on Tuesday, April 15 at 10pm. The series stars Billy Bob Thornton, Martin Freeman, Colin Hanks, Bob Odenkirk, Oliver Platt, Kate Walsh, Glenn Howerton, Rachel Blanchard and Adam Goldberg.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (July/August)
07/08 - The Monkees - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
07/12 - Grady - The Best of Grady
07/20 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 5th Season
07/26 - Family Matters - The Complete Seventh Season (WBShop.com)
07/26 - Where's Huddles? - The Complete Series (WBShop.com)
08/02 - Hangin' with Mr. Cooper - The Complete First Season (WBShop.com)
08/09 - Maude - The Complete Final (Sixth) Season
08/23 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Three
08/23 - Superstore - Season One
08/23 - The Wonder Years - Complete Series (New Slipcase Version)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, August 29
Mom - "Pure Evil and a Free Piece of Cheesecake" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Christy learns she made the Dean’s List at school, she is disappointed by Bonnie’s lackluster response. Richard Schiff guest stars as Robert, Bonnie’s fantasy co-worker.
2 Broke Girls - "And the Partnership Hits the Fan" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When a law firm courting Randy (Ed Quinn) for a job invites Randy and Max to dinner at a hip new restaurant, the evening veers off course when their eclectic cuisine doesn’t sit well with Max.
Mom - "Mahjong Sally and the Ectasy" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Christy and Bonnie don’t know who to believe when they hear conflicting stories about Violet and Gregory’s break-up. Linda Lavin returns as Phyllis, Gregory’s mother.
The Odd Couple - "Make Room for Dani" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Oscar reluctantly agrees with his agent that it’s time to shake things up on his radio show and allows Dani to have a bigger role after a rival host, Rich Eisen, taunts him. Also, Felix is eager to meet Emily’s mother, but things don’t go as well as he hoped.
Odd Mom Out - "Ode to Joy" (Bravo, 10:00PM ET/PT)
At Brooke and Lex's vow renewal ceremony, Jill struggles with whether to tell Brooke that her wedding officiant, Joy Green, is a monster.
Monday, August 29
- Tika Sumpter (The Game) - Watch Tika on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. She also talks about Southside with You on NBC's Today in the 9am hour and on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Jerrod Carmichael (The Carmichael Show) - Jerrod is a guest on Tavis Smiley on PBS, so check your local listings.
- Walton Goggins (Vice Principals) - Walton appears on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Fred Savage (The Grinder/Working/The Wonder Years) - Fred guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identiy) - Jerry is a guest on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 12:05am on BET or on your local stations.
- Chris D'Elia, Ron Funches, Rick Glassman and Brent Morin - The cast of Undateable are guests on a repeat of The Real, so check your local listings.
- Sally Field (Gidget/The Flying Nun) - Sally whips up a delicious Pea Pesto & Potatoes with Mario Batali on a repeat of ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Valerie Bertinelli (Hot in Cleveland/One Day at a Time) - Valerie bakes up her Sicilian Love Cake for dessert on a repeat of Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Tyler Labine (Deadbeat/Animal Practice/Mad Love/Sons of Tucson) - Tyler talks about Zoom on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Emeril Lagasse (Emeril) - Emeril explains the surprising origins of his catchphrase “Bam!” on People Now at 8:30am.