Wednesday, January 15, 2014
TV Land is setting sail for another round of a three-hour tour! After over a decade, Gilligan's Island is returning to TV Land on Monday (Jan. 20) with a launch marathon. Just sit right back and you'll hear tales of all the antics that happened when three hours went hilariously over-time. Join the gang on Gilligan's Island all day Monday for a 12-hour marathon from 9am-9pm! BUT before that, on Thursday, Jan. 16 and Friday, Jan. 17, TV Land will "preview" the series with episodes airing at 7:30pm & 8pm in primetime. The series will regularly join the line-up on Tuesday, Jan. 21 and air weekdays from 7-9pm with four airings. The classic sitcom will also air Saturdays from 4pm-9pm, following The Brady Bunch from 12-4pm. On weekdays, Gilligan is replacing Andy Griffith Show, but that series will still air from 5-7pm leading-in (and of course weekdays 9-11am). Gilligan's Island was last seen on TV Land in 2003, before moving to Hallmark for a brief run. The series currently also airs on digital over-the-air network MeTV since Fall 2013.
Elsewhere on TV Land, I Love Lucy will have a Valentine's Day marathon on Friday, Feb. 14 from 9am-7pm. The series is not airing on the regular schedule currently, but will make an appearance on this appropriate day. And finally, on President's Day (Monday, Feb. 17), its time to spend the day with America's family - The Brady Bunch! The sitcom will have a marathon from 9am-7pm. That's all, stay with us for continued updates on Gilligan's Island and all things TV Land!
Yesterday it was day two of the Fox portion of the TCA winter press tour, but they handed the day over to cable network FX. Among the key highlights were details on high-profile comedy pilots with some big names attached. FX Networks has cast Michael Cera and Academy Award(R) nominated John Hawkes in How And Why, a half-hour comedy pilot from Academy Award-winning screenwriter Charlie Kaufman. Produced by FX Productions, How And Why will begin production this spring in North Carolina. The pilot is the story of a man who can explain how and why a nuclear reactor works, but is clueless about life. Kaufman will write and direct the pilot and serve as executive producer. Anthony Bregman (Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind) will also be executive producer. Meanwhile, FX has ordered a comedy series pilot Created by and starring Zach Galifianakis, and co-written by Emmy(R) Award winning Writer/Producer Louis C.K. No further details of this pilot were available but FX Productions has 12 comedy pilots currently in production.
FX will continue to bring new episodes of Anger Management, while reruns of Mike & Molly are coming in September. 10/90 sitcoms Saint George starring George Lopez and Braddock & Jackson starring Kelsey Grammer and Martin Lawrence will launch in 2014 with ten episodes but if they do well, the back 90 episodes will be picked-up. FX still has not announced launch dates for either sitcom. And finally, 10-episode limited series Fargo , an adaptation of the classic Academy Award winning feature film of the same title, will premiere on FX on Tuesday, April 15 at 10pm. The series stars Billy Bob Thornton, Martin Freeman, Colin Hanks, Bob Odenkirk, Oliver Platt, Kate Walsh, Glenn Howerton, Rachel Blanchard and Adam Goldberg.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (June/July)
06/14 - Ballers - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
06/14 - The League - Season 7 - The Final Fantasy
06/14 - The League - The Complete Series
06/14 - Maude - The Complete Fifth Season
06/14 - Survivor's Remorse - The Complete Second Season
06/21 - Workaholics - Season Six
06/24 - The Monkees - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
06/28 - Two Guys and a Girl - The Complete Series
07/08 - The Monkees - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
07/12 - Grady - The Best of Grady
07/26 - Family Mattters - The Complete Seventh Season
07/26 - Where's Huddles? - The Complete Series (WBShop.com)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, July 28
The Big Bang Theory - "The Fermentation Bifurcation" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
The gang goes to a wine bar and runs into Penny’s old boyfriend, Zack (Brian Thomas Smith). Also, Bernadette gets stuck spending the evening with Sheldon when she can’t go wine tasting with the group, and things don’t go as planned when Koothrappali introduces his new girlfriend, Claire (Alessandra Torresani).
Life in Pieces - "Hair Recital Rainbow Mom" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When John starts feeling old, he attempts to make himself look younger, much to the dismay of his family. Also, Heather worries that Sophia’s piano recital will be a disaster; Jen, Greg and Lark go to an over-the-top birthday party full of overachieving parents who make them panic about getting Lark into a good preschool; and Matt meets Colleen’s mother, Mia (Mercedes Ruehl).
Best Friends Whenever - "Girl Code" (Disney Channel, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Barry is too busy to help Shelby build her website so she takes matters in to her own hands; Cyd and Naldo win a boat and try to hide it in the backyard.
Thursday, July 28
- Will Smith (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air) - Watch Will on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Abbi Jacobson and Ilana Glazer (Broad City) - Abbi and Ilana are guests on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Eric Andre (Man Seeking Woman/2 Broke Girls/Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23) - Eric appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Kristin Chenoweth (Kristin) - Kristin is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Demi Lovato (Sonny with a Chance) and Nick Jonas (Jonas L.A.) - Demi and Nick perform Carpool Karaoke on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jillian Bell (Workaholics/Eastbound & Down) - Jillian appears on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Gillian Jacobs (Love/Commnity) - Gillian is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight. She will also be on Chelsea on Netflix.
- Joe Jonas (Jonas L.A.) - Joe stops by Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Christina Applegate (Up All Night/Samantha Who?/Married with Children) - Christina is a guest on Conan at 11pm on TBS. She will also be on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Selena Gomez (Wizards of Waverly Place) - Selena appears on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Wendi McLendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Wendi is a guest on a repeat of The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- Sarah Chalke (Scrubs/Roseanne) - Sarah appears on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Anson Williams (Happy Days) - Anson is a guest on a repeat of The Doctors, so check your local listings.
- Anna Gunn (Down the Shore) - Anna talks about her new movie Equity on NBC's Today in the 9am hour and on the AOL Build Show at 11am.
- The Cast of Bad Moms) - Mila Kunis, Kristen Bell, Kathryn Hahn, Christina Applegate and others will be on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Ashley Tisdale (Clipped/The Suite Life of Zack & Cody) - Ashley talks about her latest project Amateur Night on People Now at 8:30am.
- Victoria Justice (Victorious/Zoey 101) - Victoria is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Ashley Williams (The Jim Gaffigan Show/Good Morning, Miami) - Ashley is a guest on People Now at 8:30am.