Wednesday, January 15, 2014
TV Land is setting sail for another round of a three-hour tour! After over a decade, Gilligan's Island is returning to TV Land on Monday (Jan. 20) with a launch marathon. Just sit right back and you'll hear tales of all the antics that happened when three hours went hilariously over-time. Join the gang on Gilligan's Island all day Monday for a 12-hour marathon from 9am-9pm! BUT before that, on Thursday, Jan. 16 and Friday, Jan. 17, TV Land will "preview" the series with episodes airing at 7:30pm & 8pm in primetime. The series will regularly join the line-up on Tuesday, Jan. 21 and air weekdays from 7-9pm with four airings. The classic sitcom will also air Saturdays from 4pm-9pm, following The Brady Bunch from 12-4pm. On weekdays, Gilligan is replacing Andy Griffith Show, but that series will still air from 5-7pm leading-in (and of course weekdays 9-11am). Gilligan's Island was last seen on TV Land in 2003, before moving to Hallmark for a brief run. The series currently also airs on digital over-the-air network MeTV since Fall 2013.
Elsewhere on TV Land, I Love Lucy will have a Valentine's Day marathon on Friday, Feb. 14 from 9am-7pm. The series is not airing on the regular schedule currently, but will make an appearance on this appropriate day. And finally, on President's Day (Monday, Feb. 17), its time to spend the day with America's family - The Brady Bunch! The sitcom will have a marathon from 9am-7pm. That's all, stay with us for continued updates on Gilligan's Island and all things TV Land!
Yesterday it was day two of the Fox portion of the TCA winter press tour, but they handed the day over to cable network FX. Among the key highlights were details on high-profile comedy pilots with some big names attached. FX Networks has cast Michael Cera and Academy Award(R) nominated John Hawkes in How And Why, a half-hour comedy pilot from Academy Award-winning screenwriter Charlie Kaufman. Produced by FX Productions, How And Why will begin production this spring in North Carolina. The pilot is the story of a man who can explain how and why a nuclear reactor works, but is clueless about life. Kaufman will write and direct the pilot and serve as executive producer. Anthony Bregman (Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind) will also be executive producer. Meanwhile, FX has ordered a comedy series pilot Created by and starring Zach Galifianakis, and co-written by Emmy(R) Award winning Writer/Producer Louis C.K. No further details of this pilot were available but FX Productions has 12 comedy pilots currently in production.
FX will continue to bring new episodes of Anger Management, while reruns of Mike & Molly are coming in September. 10/90 sitcoms Saint George starring George Lopez and Braddock & Jackson starring Kelsey Grammer and Martin Lawrence will launch in 2014 with ten episodes but if they do well, the back 90 episodes will be picked-up. FX still has not announced launch dates for either sitcom. And finally, 10-episode limited series Fargo , an adaptation of the classic Academy Award winning feature film of the same title, will premiere on FX on Tuesday, April 15 at 10pm. The series stars Billy Bob Thornton, Martin Freeman, Colin Hanks, Bob Odenkirk, Oliver Platt, Kate Walsh, Glenn Howerton, Rachel Blanchard and Adam Goldberg.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Wednesday, September 28
The Goldbergs - "I Heart Video Dating" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Erica and Lainey try to find Bill a woman of interest by using new technology for dating. They recruit Adam to create a demo reel, but Beverly insists she will find someone the old fashioned way. Meanwhile, after a “failed” aptitude test, Barry decides he wants to be a gym teacher and becomes Coach Mellor’s apprentice.
Speechless - "N-E--NEW A-I--AIDE" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Maya struggles as Kenneth takes over as JJ’s full-time aide. Loving his new freedom, JJ avoids attending a physical therapy appointment, and Maya automatically blames Kenneth, using any excuse to confirm her misgivings and moves to fire him. Meanwhile, Jimmy struggles to teach Dylan the family way to not be so neighborly.
Modern Family - "A Stereotypical Day" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Jay does not want to give the new family moving in across the street the wrong impression and goes out of his way to make sure they know he is the best kind of neighbor, while Manny decides that the best way to an attractive and radical-thinking teenage girl’s heart is through his actions. Meanwhile, at the Pritchett house, the entire family is using Alex’s recent bout of mono to their advantage. Finally, Cam and Mitchell have always felt they were the most open, non-judgmental and supportive parents. However, when they overhear Lily insulting her new friend, they have to take a quick look in the mirror before they teach her a lesson about acceptance.
black-ish - "God" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When Dre discovers that Zoey is questioning her belief in God, he undergoes a crisis of faith and leans on family members and coworkers for their input. Meanwhile, Bow’s brother Johan comes to stay with The Johnsons after living abroad and becomes an instant thorn in Dre’s side.
Younger - "A Kiss is Just a Kiss" (TV Land, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Liza sends Caitlin off to college and struggles to weigh her feelings for both Josh and Charles.
Impastor - "The Devil Went Down to Ladner" (TV Land, 10:30PM ET/PT)
Buddy’s attempt to outfox the detectives backfires. Dora, Alexa, and Russell suspect something ominous is going on with their new pastor. Schmidt learns the truth about Ashlee.
You're the Worst - "Twenty-Two" (FXX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Edgar spends the day trying to find some relief for his PTSD.
Wednesday, September 28
- Sarah Jessica Parker (Divorce/Sex and the City/Square Pegs) - Watch Sarah on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Daveed Diggs (black-ish) - Daveed stops by Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- January Jones (The Last Man on Earth) - January appears on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. She will also be on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings and on the AOL Build Show at 11am.
- Wilmer Valderrama (That '70s Show) - Wilmer visits The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ken Marino (Marry Me/Party Down/Men Behaving Badly) - Ken is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Ted Danson (The Good Place/Becker/Cheers) - Ted stops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- T.J. Miller (Silicon Valley/The Goodwin Games/Carpoolers) - T.J. appears on Chelsea on Netflix.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Kristin Chenoweth (Kristin) - Kristin joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Nathan Lane (Modern Family/Encore! Encore!/Charlie Lawrence) and John Goodman (Roseanne) - Nathan and John talk about The Front Page on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Hilary Duff (Younger/Lizzie McGuire) and Debbie Mazar (Younger/Entourage/Working) - Hilary and Debbie talk about Younger on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. Hilary will also be on People Now at 8:30am.
- The Cast of Impastor - Michael Rosenbaum, Sara Rue, Mircea Monroe, David Rasche and Mike Kosinski discuss Impastor on the AOL Build Show at 12pm and on Facebook Live. Sara will also be on PIX Morning News on WPIX in New York.
- Marcia Gay Harden (Trophy Wife) - Marcia is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Norm Macdonald (Norm) - Norm appears on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.