Wednesday, January 15, 2014
TV Land is setting sail for another round of a three-hour tour! After over a decade, Gilligan's Island is returning to TV Land on Monday (Jan. 20) with a launch marathon. Just sit right back and you'll hear tales of all the antics that happened when three hours went hilariously over-time. Join the gang on Gilligan's Island all day Monday for a 12-hour marathon from 9am-9pm! BUT before that, on Thursday, Jan. 16 and Friday, Jan. 17, TV Land will "preview" the series with episodes airing at 7:30pm & 8pm in primetime. The series will regularly join the line-up on Tuesday, Jan. 21 and air weekdays from 7-9pm with four airings. The classic sitcom will also air Saturdays from 4pm-9pm, following The Brady Bunch from 12-4pm. On weekdays, Gilligan is replacing Andy Griffith Show, but that series will still air from 5-7pm leading-in (and of course weekdays 9-11am). Gilligan's Island was last seen on TV Land in 2003, before moving to Hallmark for a brief run. The series currently also airs on digital over-the-air network MeTV since Fall 2013.
Elsewhere on TV Land, I Love Lucy will have a Valentine's Day marathon on Friday, Feb. 14 from 9am-7pm. The series is not airing on the regular schedule currently, but will make an appearance on this appropriate day. And finally, on President's Day (Monday, Feb. 17), its time to spend the day with America's family - The Brady Bunch! The sitcom will have a marathon from 9am-7pm. That's all, stay with us for continued updates on Gilligan's Island and all things TV Land!
Yesterday it was day two of the Fox portion of the TCA winter press tour, but they handed the day over to cable network FX. Among the key highlights were details on high-profile comedy pilots with some big names attached. FX Networks has cast Michael Cera and Academy Award(R) nominated John Hawkes in How And Why, a half-hour comedy pilot from Academy Award-winning screenwriter Charlie Kaufman. Produced by FX Productions, How And Why will begin production this spring in North Carolina. The pilot is the story of a man who can explain how and why a nuclear reactor works, but is clueless about life. Kaufman will write and direct the pilot and serve as executive producer. Anthony Bregman (Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind) will also be executive producer. Meanwhile, FX has ordered a comedy series pilot Created by and starring Zach Galifianakis, and co-written by Emmy(R) Award winning Writer/Producer Louis C.K. No further details of this pilot were available but FX Productions has 12 comedy pilots currently in production.
FX will continue to bring new episodes of Anger Management, while reruns of Mike & Molly are coming in September. 10/90 sitcoms Saint George starring George Lopez and Braddock & Jackson starring Kelsey Grammer and Martin Lawrence will launch in 2014 with ten episodes but if they do well, the back 90 episodes will be picked-up. FX still has not announced launch dates for either sitcom. And finally, 10-episode limited series Fargo , an adaptation of the classic Academy Award winning feature film of the same title, will premiere on FX on Tuesday, April 15 at 10pm. The series stars Billy Bob Thornton, Martin Freeman, Colin Hanks, Bob Odenkirk, Oliver Platt, Kate Walsh, Glenn Howerton, Rachel Blanchard and Adam Goldberg.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (January)
01/06 - The Cosby Show - Season 5 (Mill Creek)
01/06 - The Cosby Show - Season 6 (Mill Creek)
01/06 - The Cosby Show - Seasons 5 & 6 (Mill Creek)
01/06 - Girls - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
01/06 - Married with Children - Season Seven (Mill Creek)
01/06 - Married with Children - Season Eight (Mill Creek)
01/06 - Married with Children - Seasons Seven and Eight (Mill Creek)
01/13 - The Big House - The Complete Series
01/13 - Episodes - The Third Season
01/13 - The Facts of Life - The Complete Series (Shout! Factory
01/20 - Welcome Back, Kotter - The Complete Second Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, January 26
Monday, January 26
- Louis CK (Louie) - Watch Louis on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Martin Short (Mulaney/The Martin Short Show) - Martin appears on The Late Late Show at 12:37am on CBS.
- Tony Danza (Taxi/Who's the Boss?) - Tony is a guest on The Late Late Show at 12:37am on CBS.
- Alan Alda (M*A*S*H) - Alan visits The Late Late Show at 12:37am on CBS.
- Maya Rudolph (Up All Night) - Maya appears on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Ken Marino (Marry Me/Party Down), John Gemberling (Broad City/Marry Me) and Tymberlee Hill (Marry Me/The Hotwives of Orlando) - Ken, John and Tymberlee are guests on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Amanda Peet (Togetherness/Bent) - Amanda stops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Kristin Chenoweth (Kristin) - Kristin chats on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Olivia Munn (Perfect Couples) - Olivia appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Bob Saget (Full House/How I Met Your Mother) - Bob is a guest on a repeat of The Queen Latifah Show on your local station or at 3am on BET.
- Holly Robinson Peete (Hangin' with Mr. Cooper/For Your Love) - Holly visits The Real, so check your local listings. She also guest-hosts Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Mary Steenburgen (The Last Man on Earth/Ink) - Mary appears on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Mario Lopez (Saved by the Bell/Saved by the Bell: The New Class) - Mario and his wife Courtney are guests on Good Day New York on WNYW-Fox5 in New York between 7-10am.
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal - NeNe talks about the highlights of the SAG Awards on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Josh Molina (Sports Night) - Josh is a guest on SI Now.