Tuesday, January 07, 2014
ABC Family Picks Up Tori Spelling, Jennie Garth, Emily Osment Sitcoms; FX's Chozen Gets Sneak Peek on Xbox One via FXNOW App
ABC Family announced the series pick-up of two half-hour comedy series Mystery Girls, starring and executive produced by Tori Spelling and Jennie Garth, and Young & Hungry, starring Emily Osment, from executive producer Ashley Tisdale. Production will commence on both series in Los Angeles in early 2014, and both will premiere later in 2014. Both comedies are multi-camera sitcoms and will join ABC Family's hit multi-cam sitcoms Melissa & Joey and Baby Daddy. Mystery Girls, starring Tori Spelling and Jennie Garth follows two former detective TV show starlets brought back together by a real-life mystery. Charlie Contour (Garth) is a suburban housewife and mother, while Holly Hamilton (Spelling) longs for her glory days in the '90s when she was on television. Both of their lives are disrupted when Nick (Miguel Pinzon), a witness to a crime and a 'Mystery Girls' fanatic, will only speak to the infamous duo, and the former friends must reunite and put their TV crime-solving skills to the test. Tori Spelling (Beverly Hills, 90210, Tori & Dean: Inn Love), Jennie Garth (Beverly Hills, 90210, What I Like About You) and newcomer Miguel Pinzon (A New York Love Story) star in the series. Tori Spelling, Jennie Garth and Maggie Malina (Single Ladies) will serve as executive producers. The story is by Tori Spelling and Shepard Boucher (Men at Work). The pilot was written by Shepard Boucher.
In Young & Hungry, two worlds collide when Josh (Jonathan Sadowski), a wealthy young tech entrepreneur, meets Gabi (Emily Osment), a feisty young food blogger, looking to be his personal chef. Gabi is desperate for the job and must prove herself, mostly to Josh's aide (Rex Lee), who prefers a famous chef for the job. When Josh enlists Gabi to prepare a romantic meal for him and his girlfriend, the dinner goes awry and Gabi finds herself in a very awkward position. With the help of her best friend Sofia (Aimee Carrero) and Josh's housekeeper (Kym Whitley), Gabi turns a difficult situation into an opportunity for employment and maybe even love. Young & Hungry stars Emily Osment (Hannah Montana), Jonathan Sadowski ($#*! My Dad Says), Rex Lee (Entourage, Suburgatory), Aimee Carrero (Blue Lagoon: The Awakening) and Kym Whitley (Animal Practice) with Annie Potts (GCB, Designing Women) as a recurring guest star. The series is executive produced by Eric Tannenbaum and Kim Tannenbaum (Two and a Half Men), CBS Television Studios, Relativity Television, Jessica Rhoades and Ashley Tisdale (High School Musical). The pilot was written by David Holden (Accidentally on Purpose). Gabi Moskowitz, a San Francisco based food blogger, of BrokeAssGourmet.com, contributed to the development of this project. Stay with us for premiere dates!
FX Networks is teaming with Xbox One to offer an exclusive sneak peek of the pilot episode of its newest animated comedy, Chozen, through the FXNOW app beginning Monday, January 6. The 13-episode series premieres next Monday, January 13 at 10:30 PM ET/PT on FX, following all-new episodes of the critically-acclaimed comedy Archer. The series is an animated comedy about its title character, "Chozen," a gay white rapper fresh out of prison. Armed with a new message, Chozen is on a quest for redemption and to claim his rightful position as the world's top rap artist. His music and lyrics take aim at the stereotypes of machismo and misogyny that is synonymous with rap music. And his new world view has been shaped by his time in prison. The voice cast features Bobby Moynihan, Michael Peña, Hannibal Buress, Nick Swardson, Cliff "Method Man" Smith and Kathryn Hahn. Grant Dekernion, who created Chozen, serves as Writer/Executive Producer of the series, and Tom Brady serves as Executive Producer/Show runner. Danny McBride, Jody Hill, David Gordon Green, and Brandon James from Rough House Pictures (Eastbound & Down) are Executive Producers. Adam Reed and Matt Thompson of Floyd County Productions (Archer) are Executive Producers and their company will animate the series. The series is produced by FX Productions.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, September 26
The Big Bang Theory - "The Military Miniaturization" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Colonel Williams (Dean Norris), an Air Force representative from the Department of Material Command sits down to talk with Wolowitz.
Kevin Can Wait - "Sleep Disorder" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Kevin rearranges the house to his liking after his buddies convince him that Donna makes all their decisions and has taken over the house for her own benefit. Also, Kendra enlists her Uncle Kyle (Gary Valentine) to help toughen up Chale.
Monday, September 26
- Zach Galifianakis (Baskets) - Watch Zach on on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Rob Lowe (The Grinder/Parks and Recreation) - Rob appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also talks about Code Black on CBS This Morning sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings. He will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Kal Penn (We Are Men/How I Met Your Mother) - Kal is a guest on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth) - Will visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He will also be on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Norm Macdonald (Norm) - Norm stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Johnny Pemberton (Son of Zorn) - Johnny is a guest on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Margaret Cho (All-American Girl) - Margaret appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Jaleel White (Family Matters/Grown Ups) - Jaleel is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Patton Oswalt (The Goldbergs/The King of Queens) - Patton visits Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Whoopi Goldberg (Whoopi/Bagdad Cafe) - Whoopi drops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Kristin Chenoweth (Kristin) - Kristin performs live on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am. She also talks about her new album on the AOL Build Show at 3pm.
- Sutton Foster (Younger) - Sutton talks about Younger on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- The Cast of Younger) - Sutton Foster, Debi Mazar, Hilary Duff, Nico Tortorella, Peter Hermann, Miriam Shor and Molly Bernard are guests on the AOL Build Show at 2:15pm.