Thursday, December 12, 2013
Centric will be closing out the year and starting out the year with marathons. Starting Friday, Dec. 20 there will be sitcoms, dramas and even a movie stunt. Kicking it off will be Girlfriends on Dec. 20. The weekend of Dec. 21-22 will have a Cosby Show marathon. Then the week of December 23 will have sitcoms from 9am-8pm. First up will be The Wayans Bros. on Monday, The Parkers Tuesday, The Jamie Foxx Show Wednesday, In Living Color Thursday and even a 227 sighting on Friday, Dec. 27. 12/27 is close enough to 227, I guess. Then the weekend of Dec. 28-29 will have a marathon of The Steve Harvey Show. On Monday, Dec. 30, spend the day with Bernie Mac from 9am-8pm. New Year's Eve will have a movie marathon from 9am-4am, while on New Year's Day Centric welcomes in 2014 with What's Happening Now!! for the very first time! Yep, the follow-up series from the '70s sitcom What's Happening!!, premieres on Centric on Jan. 1 with a marathon from 9am-8pm. The complete 22-episode first season will air of this 80's revival. Then the marathons end with dramas from Jan. 2-5, with New York Undercover on Thursday, Jan. 2 and Friday, Jan. 3 from 9am-8pm both days, while a weekend marathon of The A-Team ends the week. Will What's Happening Now!! join the Centric line-up as a regular? Stay tuned! We hope it does, as we can see the parent series now on Encore Black and TV One, so it would be nice to see the revival series on TV again! The more Raj, Dwayne, and Rerun, the better!
Ever wonder what your life would be like without your weekly dose of insane talk show host and comedian Eric Andre? Worry no more! Eric Andre (Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23) and his laid back co-host Hannibal Buress (SNL, 30 Rock) will be back for a third season of The Eric Andre Show on Adult Swim in 2014. Season two of The Eric Andre Show kept you on the edge of your seat with guest stars Dominic Monaghan, James Van Der Beek, Brian McKnight, Eric Balfour, Henry Rollins, and T-Pain. Also one of the top shows in the late night talk show race, The Eric Andre Show grew double-digits in ratings from season one and out-delivered the rest of the late night talk show competitors (on broadcast and cable) with Adults/Men 18-24 in its second season. Expect just as many insane antics, completely pointless interviews and disorderly conduct with season three. Tune in this Friday night as Eric welcomes his guests Scott Porter and Brutus the Barber Beefcake at 12:30am on Adult Swim.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (March/April)
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
04/04 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Fifth Season
04/11 - Father Knows Best - Season Five
04/11 - Schitt's Creek - The Complete Third Season
04/11 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/11 - Veep - The Complete Fifth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Sunday, April 30
Bob's Burgers - "Like Gene for Chocolate" (Fox, 7:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Gene learns that the formula for his favorite chocolate has changed, he works with the head of the company in an attempt to remedy the situation. Meanwhile, Bob gets wrapped up in one of Teddy’s less-than-perfect plans.
Bob's Burgers - "Thelma & Louise Except Thelma Is Linda" (Fox, 7:30PM ET/PT)
After Louise gets in trouble at school, Linda is forced to meet with Mr. Frond (guest voice David Herman) and potentially could lose her hard-earned position as the Wagstaff bake sale leader. When she finds out that her daughter was actually trying to help another student, Linda is torn between following school policy or her own moral code.
The Simpsons - "Looking for Mr. Goodbart" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Bart gets in trouble on Grandparents Day at school and is forced to hang out with Skinner’s mother as punishment. After spending time with various grandmas in the neighborhood, he learns the benefits of hanging out with the elderly, but eventually recognizes the dangers of taking advantage of them. Meanwhile, Peekimon Get has taken over the town of Springfield.
Making History - "Night Cream" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT)
With the ever-present threat of losing tenure looming over him, Chris reaches out to John Hancock and Samuel Adams to help spice things up in the classroom in 2017. Meanwhile, Deb's dream of re-opening Chadwick's ice cream parlor is finally coming to fruition, but Dan has a few marketing ideas of his own.
Family Guy - "The Peter Principal" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Peter becomes the temporary principal at the high school, and Meg uses his new power to get even with her bullies. Meanwhile, Brian and Stewie open a bed & breakfast that quickly turns into a brothel.
The Last Man on Earth - "The Big Day" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Tandy and Gail face off in a major disagreement, on which the whole group must weigh in, and Carol is forced to choose a side. Meanwhile, Melissa, Todd and Erica each have major milestone moments.
Sunday, April 30
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal) - Catch NeNe on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Chris Pratt (Parks and Recreation) - Watch Chris on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am and LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- America Ferrera (Superstore) - America drops by Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Ike Barinholtz (The Mindy Project) - Ike appears on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Joel McHale (The Great Indoors/Community) - Joel is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jake Johnson (New Girl) - Jake visits The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Hank Azaria (Brockmire/The Simpsons/Free Agents) - Hank stops by Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Al Madrigal (About a Boy/Welcome to the Captain/Gary Unmarried) - Al appears on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Kevin Nealon (Man with a Plan/Weeds/Hiller and Diller/Champs) - Kevin is a guest on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Ashton Kutcher (The Ranch/Two and a Half Men/That '70s Show) - Ashton appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Allison Janney (Mom/Mr. Sunshine) - Allison teams up with Mario Batali to make a cheesy, decadent Gnocchi Al Telefono and dishes about her new Broadway show on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Charlie Hunnam (Undeclared) - Charlie will be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. He will also be on the AOL Build Show at 11:15am.
- Nick Robinson (Melissa & Joey) - Nick talks about his new film Everything, Everything on the AOL Build Show at 1pm.
- Jodie Sweetin (Hollywood Darlings/Fuller House/Full House) - Jodie is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.