Monday, December 02, 2013
As soon as the New Year begins, Hallmark Channel will move on from the holiday movies and go back to their regular programming. Sitcoms Home Improvement and The Brady Bunch are among the series returning to the line-up on Thursday, Jan. 2, 2014 along with a new acquisition. But first on New Year's Day (Wednesday, Jan. 1), Hallmark will air coverage of the 125th Tournament of Roses Parade from 10am-4pm. Then, it's time for laughs with a Home Improvement marathon beginning at 4pm through the night until 6am. The series will air from the beginning with the very first episode. The regular schedule begins Jan. 2 and will have I Love Lucy still from 6am-8am, but now The Brady Bunch is back on the schedule and will air weekdays from 8am-10am. Then it's time for Hallmark's original talk show Home & Family from 10am-12pm, followed by the return of the syndicated talk show The Better Show at noon. From 1pm-3pm will be the new time period for The Golden Girls leading into the return of Home Improvement from 3pm-6pm. Then we mentioned a new acquisition and that series will be the current drama The Good Wife! It was first announced earlier this year that it would premiere in January and now it is time! The Good Wife will air weekdays from 6-10pm with four episodes in evenings/primetime. Frasier will air leading out from 10pm-12am. Looks like The Waltons and Little House will not be needed in January. In late night, The Golden Girls takes that shift from 12-2am. Cheers will remain with its nightly hour from 2-3am into the Frasier encore from 3-5am. And finally, I Love Lucy closes the night out from 5-6am. Onto weekends, there will be a marathon of The Good Wife on Saturday, Jan. 4 from 11am-11pm. Most Saturdays will have sitcoms in the mornings from 6am-1pm with a mix of I Love Lucy, The Brady Bunch and The Golden Girls. Movies and original series round out the afternoons and primetime, before more sitcoms air in late night, with The Golden Girls from 1-3am, Frasier 3-5am and I Love Lucy 5-6am. On Sundays, it is more of the same with sitcoms in the mornings from 6am-1pm with a mix of I Love Lucy, The Brady Bunch and The Golden Girls, like Saturdays. Then movies and original series round out the afternoons and primetime, before more sitcoms air in late night, with Frasier 12-1am, The Golden Girls from 1-3am, Frasier 3-5am and I Love Lucy 5-6am. And that's about it for Hallmark in January 2014. New addition The Good Wife and returns of sitcoms like Brady Bunch are the highlights and don't forget in March, Hallmark will add The Middle to its line-up. Stay with us for more updates on that!
OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network announced that its popular scripted series from Tyler Perry: drama The Haves and the Have Nots and comedy Love Thy Neighbor will return to the network's primetime lineup this January along with two new series, The Diamond Collar and Mom's Got Game and the return of comedienne Wanda Sykes with two new Herlarious comedy specials. The Haves and the Have Nots heats up this winter after its cliffhanger fall finale garnered a series high 2.6 million viewers, making it one of the most watched episodes in network history. On Tuesday, January 7 at 9pm the Cryer family is back with even more scandals, lies and deceit as judge Jim Cryer (John Schneider) mounts a campaign for governor despite escalating family problems and the vengeful actions of his former mistress Candace Young (Tika Sumpter). Perry's comedy Love Thy Neighbor, which garnered a series average 1 million viewers, returns to the primetime lineup on Wednesday, January 8 with two half-hour episodes back-to-back at 9 and 9:30pm and features even more hilarious hijinks from Mama Hattie (Patrice Lovely) and the gang at The Love Train Diner. In addition, the network will premiere all new episodes of returning series favorites in January including Oprah: Where Are They Now?, Oprah's Lifeclass and Raising Whitley. As for the two new series, Friday, January 17 from 10-10:30pm is the premiere of new series The Diamond Collar featuring former mob enforcer James "Head" Guiliani in his new life as the owner of one of Brooklyn's top dog grooming parlors. Between the dogs, the staff, his fiery girlfriend, and his relentless passion for rescuing animals in need, life is a whole new "mob scene" for Guiliani. Then Saturday, January 18 at 10pm is the premiere of the new series Mom's Got Game featuring former WNBA star Pam McGee and her son, Denver Nuggets center JaVale McGee. For the McGees, basketball is a family business. Pam McGee is the first WNBA mother to have a son, JaVale, in the NBA. Now Pam has to juggle JaVale's career, while jumpstarting her dating life with the help of her girlfriends and trusty "manny," Jay.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)
10/07 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Classic Christmas Episodes
10/07 - The Flying Nun - The Complete First and Second Seasons (Mill Creek)
10/07 - The Middle - The Complete Fifth Season (Warner Archive)
10/07 - The Office - The Complete Series
10/07 - The Wonders Years - Season One
10/10 - The Wonder Years - The Complete Series - Read Our Review / The Signature Edition / Seasons 1-3
10/14 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Third Season
10/14 - Two and a Half Men - The Complete Eleventh Season
10/21 - Married with Children - Seasons 5 and 6 (Mill Crek)
10/21 - The Soul Man - The Complete Second Season
10/21 - Square Pegs - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
10/28 - WKRP in Cincinnati - The Complete Series / Read Our Review
11/04 - Hot in Cleveland - Season Five
11/04 - Napoleon Dynamite - The Complete Animated Series
11/04 - Sgt. Bilko (The Phil Silvers Show) - The Complete Series
11/11 - Dads - The Complete Series
11/11 - Family Ties - The Complete Series
11/11 - My Favorite Martian - Best of Collection
11/11 - Taxi - The Complete Series
11/11 - Wings - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/18 - King of the Hill - The Complete Seventh Season / The Complete Eighth Season
11/25 - Better Off Ted - The Complete Second Season
12/02 - Happy Days - The Sixth Season
12/09 - Barney Miller - The Complete Sixth Season
12/09 - The Jeffersons - The Complete Series
12/09 - Mister Ed - The Complete Series
12/09 - Mork & Mindy - The Fourth Season / The Complete Series
12/16 - The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis - The Final (Fourth) Season
12/23 - My Favorite Martian - Season Two - Collector's Edition
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, November 21
Last Man Standing - "Changing Light Bulbs" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Mike realizes Vanessa has given away his remaining and beloved incandescent light bulbs, he and Chuck go on a mission to track down some of the old-school bulbs. Meanwhile, Mandy announces she’s moving out of the house into her own apartment but leaves out a major detail.
Cristela - "Enter Singing" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Cristela, wanting to expose the kids to more cultural opportunities, tries to convince Felix to let Henry see “West Side Story.” But in doing that, Felix worries that his son’s interests will be changing and they won’t have as much in common as he gets older.
Girl Meets World - "Girl Meets Friendship" (Disney Channel, 8:00PM ET/PT)
A lesson about forms of government inspires Lucas, Riley and Farkle to each run for 7th-grade class president.
Jessie - "Ride to Riches" (Disney Channel, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Jessie's in a rush to make an audition when she and Ravi end up on a game-show inside of their taxi called ``Ride to Riches.''
Friday, November 21
- Michael Cera (Arrested Development) - Watch Michael on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Norman Lear (Producer of All in the Family/Sanford and Son/The Jeffersons/Good Times) - Catch Norman on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS. He talks about his book (Even This I Get to Experience) with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Cristin Milioti (A to Z/How I Met Your Mother) - Cristin appears on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Martin Short (Mulaney/The Martin Short Show) - Martin discusses his new book on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Kate Walsh (Bad Judge) - Kate talks about Bad Judge on LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Anna Camp (The Mindy Project) - Anna chats about Disney Channel's Sofia the First: The Curse of Princess Ivy on LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Chelsa Peretti (Brooklyn Nine-Nine) - Chelsea talks about her Netflix comedy special Chelsea Pettri: One of the Greats on The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations. She is also tentatively scheduled to appear on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Valerie Harper (Rhoda/The Mary Tyler Moore Show/Valerie) - Valerie joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Emeril Lagasse (Emeril) - Emeril co-hosts Rachael Ray for their Thanksgiving two-day event, so check your local listings.
- Allison Janney (Mom/Mr. Sunshine) - Allison chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Holly Robinson Peete (Hangin' with Mr. Cooper/For Your Love) - Holly joins the Plugged In panel on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Maria Canals Barrera (Cristela/Wizards of Waverly Place) - Maria joins the Plugged In panel on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Kristin Chenoweth (Kristin) - Kristin will be on Fox and Friends on Fox News Channel at 8:22am.