Monday, December 02, 2013
As soon as the New Year begins, Hallmark Channel will move on from the holiday movies and go back to their regular programming. Sitcoms Home Improvement and The Brady Bunch are among the series returning to the line-up on Thursday, Jan. 2, 2014 along with a new acquisition. But first on New Year's Day (Wednesday, Jan. 1), Hallmark will air coverage of the 125th Tournament of Roses Parade from 10am-4pm. Then, it's time for laughs with a Home Improvement marathon beginning at 4pm through the night until 6am. The series will air from the beginning with the very first episode. The regular schedule begins Jan. 2 and will have I Love Lucy still from 6am-8am, but now The Brady Bunch is back on the schedule and will air weekdays from 8am-10am. Then it's time for Hallmark's original talk show Home & Family from 10am-12pm, followed by the return of the syndicated talk show The Better Show at noon. From 1pm-3pm will be the new time period for The Golden Girls leading into the return of Home Improvement from 3pm-6pm. Then we mentioned a new acquisition and that series will be the current drama The Good Wife! It was first announced earlier this year that it would premiere in January and now it is time! The Good Wife will air weekdays from 6-10pm with four episodes in evenings/primetime. Frasier will air leading out from 10pm-12am. Looks like The Waltons and Little House will not be needed in January. In late night, The Golden Girls takes that shift from 12-2am. Cheers will remain with its nightly hour from 2-3am into the Frasier encore from 3-5am. And finally, I Love Lucy closes the night out from 5-6am. Onto weekends, there will be a marathon of The Good Wife on Saturday, Jan. 4 from 11am-11pm. Most Saturdays will have sitcoms in the mornings from 6am-1pm with a mix of I Love Lucy, The Brady Bunch and The Golden Girls. Movies and original series round out the afternoons and primetime, before more sitcoms air in late night, with The Golden Girls from 1-3am, Frasier 3-5am and I Love Lucy 5-6am. On Sundays, it is more of the same with sitcoms in the mornings from 6am-1pm with a mix of I Love Lucy, The Brady Bunch and The Golden Girls, like Saturdays. Then movies and original series round out the afternoons and primetime, before more sitcoms air in late night, with Frasier 12-1am, The Golden Girls from 1-3am, Frasier 3-5am and I Love Lucy 5-6am. And that's about it for Hallmark in January 2014. New addition The Good Wife and returns of sitcoms like Brady Bunch are the highlights and don't forget in March, Hallmark will add The Middle to its line-up. Stay with us for more updates on that!
OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network announced that its popular scripted series from Tyler Perry: drama The Haves and the Have Nots and comedy Love Thy Neighbor will return to the network's primetime lineup this January along with two new series, The Diamond Collar and Mom's Got Game and the return of comedienne Wanda Sykes with two new Herlarious comedy specials. The Haves and the Have Nots heats up this winter after its cliffhanger fall finale garnered a series high 2.6 million viewers, making it one of the most watched episodes in network history. On Tuesday, January 7 at 9pm the Cryer family is back with even more scandals, lies and deceit as judge Jim Cryer (John Schneider) mounts a campaign for governor despite escalating family problems and the vengeful actions of his former mistress Candace Young (Tika Sumpter). Perry's comedy Love Thy Neighbor, which garnered a series average 1 million viewers, returns to the primetime lineup on Wednesday, January 8 with two half-hour episodes back-to-back at 9 and 9:30pm and features even more hilarious hijinks from Mama Hattie (Patrice Lovely) and the gang at The Love Train Diner. In addition, the network will premiere all new episodes of returning series favorites in January including Oprah: Where Are They Now?, Oprah's Lifeclass and Raising Whitley. As for the two new series, Friday, January 17 from 10-10:30pm is the premiere of new series The Diamond Collar featuring former mob enforcer James "Head" Guiliani in his new life as the owner of one of Brooklyn's top dog grooming parlors. Between the dogs, the staff, his fiery girlfriend, and his relentless passion for rescuing animals in need, life is a whole new "mob scene" for Guiliani. Then Saturday, January 18 at 10pm is the premiere of the new series Mom's Got Game featuring former WNBA star Pam McGee and her son, Denver Nuggets center JaVale McGee. For the McGees, basketball is a family business. Pam McGee is the first WNBA mother to have a son, JaVale, in the NBA. Now Pam has to juggle JaVale's career, while jumpstarting her dating life with the help of her girlfriends and trusty "manny," Jay.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (January)
01/06 - The Cosby Show - Season 5 (Mill Creek)
01/06 - The Cosby Show - Season 6 (Mill Creek)
01/06 - The Cosby Show - Seasons 5 & 6 (Mill Creek)
01/06 - Girls - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
01/06 - Married with Children - Season Seven (Mill Creek)
01/06 - Married with Children - Season Eight (Mill Creek)
01/06 - Married with Children - Seasons Seven and Eight (Mill Creek)
01/13 - The Big House - The Complete Series
01/13 - Episodes - The Third Season
01/13 - The Facts of Life - The Complete Series (Shout! Factory
01/20 - Welcome Back, Kotter - The Complete Second Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, January 31
Henry Danger - "Let's Make a Steal" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Captain Man gets Henry a spot on his favorite game show, Spin and Win, in an attempt to investigate a string of robberies. But Henry soon finds himself a victim of one such robbery.
Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn - "The Secret" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Dawn learns that the boys have been keeping things from her, she decides they must all share a secret to repair the quad circle of trust. But when Dawn's secret is revealed at school, she threatens to expose them all.
Bella and the Bulldogs - "Pretty in Stink" (Nickelodeon, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Bella hears her crush Kyle likes her when the big school dance is coming up, but she learns she has to follow a Bulldog superstition to not shower. Bella must decide between the boy of her dreams and the boys on the team.
The Thundermans - "Thunder Van" (Nickelodeon, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Hank brings the Thundervan back from Metroburg for Phoebe to continue her superhero training, but when the kids sneak in to the van for an unauthorized joyride, Hank gives them a ride they will never forget.
Monday, February 2
- Sean Hayes (The Millers/Sean Saves the World/Will & Grace) - Sean guest co-hosts The Late Late Show at 12:37am on CBS.
- Martin Short (Mulaney/The Martin Short Show) - Martin visits Comedy Central's The Daily Show with Jon Stewart at 11pm.
- Nick Kroll (The League/Cavemen) - Nick is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Seth Morris (The Hotwives of Orlando/Go On/Happy Endings) - Seth appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Busy Philipps (Cougar Town) - Busy chats on LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Tom Arnold (Roseanne/Tom/The Tom Show) - Tom is a guest on The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- Simon Helberg (The Big Bang Theory) - Simon appears on The Queen Latifah Show on your local station or at 3am on BET. He also talks about his new film We'll Never Have Paris on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Sherri Shepherd (Less Than Perfect/Sherri) - Sherri guest co-hosts The Real, so check your local listings.
- Amanda Peet (Togetherness/Bent) - Amanda is a guest on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Cristela Alonzo (Cristela) - Cristela guest co-hosts The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Josh Segarra (Sirens) - Josh talks about USA Network's Sirens on The Better Show, so check your local listings.
- Gregory Harrison (Joey/The Family Man) - Gregory gives a look at his new Hallmark Channel original movie Cloudy with a Chance of Love on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Randall Park (Fresh Off the Boat) - Randall discusses his new ABC sitcom Fresh Off the Boat on HuffPost Live at 4:40pm. Fresh Off the Boat premieres on ABC on February 4 at 8:30pm and 9:30pm ET/PT.
- Michael Ian Black (Burning Love/Ed) - Michael is a guest on Larry King Now at 2/5pm PT/ET on Ora.tv and Hulu.
- Chelsea Handler (Are You There, Chelsea?) - Chelsea discusses the Super Bowl on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Holly Robinson Peete (Hangin' with Mr. Cooper/For Your Love) - Holly is part of the guest panel on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Barry Williams (The Brady Bunch) - Barry talks about his new show A Very Barry Branson on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings. A Very Barry Branson premieres on GAC on February 5.