Monday, December 02, 2013
As soon as the New Year begins, Hallmark Channel will move on from the holiday movies and go back to their regular programming. Sitcoms Home Improvement and The Brady Bunch are among the series returning to the line-up on Thursday, Jan. 2, 2014 along with a new acquisition. But first on New Year's Day (Wednesday, Jan. 1), Hallmark will air coverage of the 125th Tournament of Roses Parade from 10am-4pm. Then, it's time for laughs with a Home Improvement marathon beginning at 4pm through the night until 6am. The series will air from the beginning with the very first episode. The regular schedule begins Jan. 2 and will have I Love Lucy still from 6am-8am, but now The Brady Bunch is back on the schedule and will air weekdays from 8am-10am. Then it's time for Hallmark's original talk show Home & Family from 10am-12pm, followed by the return of the syndicated talk show The Better Show at noon. From 1pm-3pm will be the new time period for The Golden Girls leading into the return of Home Improvement from 3pm-6pm. Then we mentioned a new acquisition and that series will be the current drama The Good Wife! It was first announced earlier this year that it would premiere in January and now it is time! The Good Wife will air weekdays from 6-10pm with four episodes in evenings/primetime. Frasier will air leading out from 10pm-12am. Looks like The Waltons and Little House will not be needed in January. In late night, The Golden Girls takes that shift from 12-2am. Cheers will remain with its nightly hour from 2-3am into the Frasier encore from 3-5am. And finally, I Love Lucy closes the night out from 5-6am. Onto weekends, there will be a marathon of The Good Wife on Saturday, Jan. 4 from 11am-11pm. Most Saturdays will have sitcoms in the mornings from 6am-1pm with a mix of I Love Lucy, The Brady Bunch and The Golden Girls. Movies and original series round out the afternoons and primetime, before more sitcoms air in late night, with The Golden Girls from 1-3am, Frasier 3-5am and I Love Lucy 5-6am. On Sundays, it is more of the same with sitcoms in the mornings from 6am-1pm with a mix of I Love Lucy, The Brady Bunch and The Golden Girls, like Saturdays. Then movies and original series round out the afternoons and primetime, before more sitcoms air in late night, with Frasier 12-1am, The Golden Girls from 1-3am, Frasier 3-5am and I Love Lucy 5-6am. And that's about it for Hallmark in January 2014. New addition The Good Wife and returns of sitcoms like Brady Bunch are the highlights and don't forget in March, Hallmark will add The Middle to its line-up. Stay with us for more updates on that!
OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network announced that its popular scripted series from Tyler Perry: drama The Haves and the Have Nots and comedy Love Thy Neighbor will return to the network's primetime lineup this January along with two new series, The Diamond Collar and Mom's Got Game and the return of comedienne Wanda Sykes with two new Herlarious comedy specials. The Haves and the Have Nots heats up this winter after its cliffhanger fall finale garnered a series high 2.6 million viewers, making it one of the most watched episodes in network history. On Tuesday, January 7 at 9pm the Cryer family is back with even more scandals, lies and deceit as judge Jim Cryer (John Schneider) mounts a campaign for governor despite escalating family problems and the vengeful actions of his former mistress Candace Young (Tika Sumpter). Perry's comedy Love Thy Neighbor, which garnered a series average 1 million viewers, returns to the primetime lineup on Wednesday, January 8 with two half-hour episodes back-to-back at 9 and 9:30pm and features even more hilarious hijinks from Mama Hattie (Patrice Lovely) and the gang at The Love Train Diner. In addition, the network will premiere all new episodes of returning series favorites in January including Oprah: Where Are They Now?, Oprah's Lifeclass and Raising Whitley. As for the two new series, Friday, January 17 from 10-10:30pm is the premiere of new series The Diamond Collar featuring former mob enforcer James "Head" Guiliani in his new life as the owner of one of Brooklyn's top dog grooming parlors. Between the dogs, the staff, his fiery girlfriend, and his relentless passion for rescuing animals in need, life is a whole new "mob scene" for Guiliani. Then Saturday, January 18 at 10pm is the premiere of the new series Mom's Got Game featuring former WNBA star Pam McGee and her son, Denver Nuggets center JaVale McGee. For the McGees, basketball is a family business. Pam McGee is the first WNBA mother to have a son, JaVale, in the NBA. Now Pam has to juggle JaVale's career, while jumpstarting her dating life with the help of her girlfriends and trusty "manny," Jay.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (June)
06/14 - Ballers - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
06/14 - The League - Season 7 - The Final Fantasy
06/14 - The League - The Complete Series
06/14 - Maude - The Complete Fifth Season
06/14 - Survivor's Remorse - The Complete Second Season
06/21 - Workaholics - Season Six
06/24 - The Monkees - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
06/28 - Two Guys and a Girl - The Complete Series
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, June 27
Mom - "Snickerdoodle and a Nip Slip" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Christy catches the eye of Candace’s wealthy, charming father, Fred, Candace and Baxter are outraged, while Bonnie pushes Christy to give him a chance. Harry Hamlin guest stars as Candace’s wealthy father, Fred. Sara Rue returns as Candace.
2 Broke Girls - "And the Basketball Jones" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Oleg’s pro-basketball playing cousin comes to town to play a game against Max’s favorite team and gifts her with two free tickets, but chaos ensues when the girls interfere with the game and risk ruining their cupcake business’ reputation in the process.
American Dad - "Standard Deviation" (TBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
To avoid a suicide mission, Stan must beat Bullock in a DJ battle; Jeff starts drinking psychedelic teas and builds an imaginary musical instrument with Roger's help.
Angie Tribeca - "A Coldie but a Goodie" (TBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Tribeca believes that a 102-year-old's death isn't as natural as everyone thinks, but her concerns aren't heard because of her probation.
Odd Mom Out - "Fasting and Furious" (Bravo, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Jill's parents come to town to celebrate Yom Kippur and to take care of a matter of life and death; Vanessa flirts with the idea of a breakup; Brooke continues to punish Lex for betraying her.
Monday, June 27
- Eric Stonestreet (Modern Family) - Watch Eric on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Nia Long (Uncle Buck/The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air) - Nia is a guest on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Marc Maron (Maron) - Marc appears on a repeat of The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Jenny Slate (Married/Bob's Burgers) - Jenny stops by The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Connie Britton (Spin City/The Fighting Fitzgeralds/Lost at Home) - Connie is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Natasha Leggero (Another Period/Free Agents) - Natasha appears on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Zach Woods (Silicon Valley/Playing House/The Office) - Zach appears on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Greg Proops (True Jackson, VP) - Greg is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Jill Kargman (Odd Mom Out) - Jill visits Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Aubrey Plaza (Parks and Recreation) - Aubrey appears on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- D.L. Hughley (The Hughleys) - D.L. guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Demi Lovato (Sonny with a Chance) - Demi appears on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Kellita Smith (The First Family/The Bernie Mac Show) - Kellita stops by The Real, so check your local listings.
- Jamie Lynn Spears (Zoey 101) - Jamie reveals that her husband and daughter are hounding her for more children on People Now at 8:30am.
- Craig Bierko (Unhitched/Madman of the People/Sydney) - Craig is a guest on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Michaela Watkins (Casual/Trophy Wife) - Michaela talks about Hulu's Casual on the AOL Build ShoW at 11am.
- Louis C.K. (Louie) and Kevin Hart (The Big House/Undeclared) - Louis and Kevin talk about The Secret Life of Pets on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Tony Shalhoub (We Are Men/Wings)- Tony will be on CBS This Morning sometime between 7-9am.
- Arsenio Hall (Arsenio) - Arsenio guest co-hosts Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.