Monday, December 02, 2013
As soon as the New Year begins, Hallmark Channel will move on from the holiday movies and go back to their regular programming. Sitcoms Home Improvement and The Brady Bunch are among the series returning to the line-up on Thursday, Jan. 2, 2014 along with a new acquisition. But first on New Year's Day (Wednesday, Jan. 1), Hallmark will air coverage of the 125th Tournament of Roses Parade from 10am-4pm. Then, it's time for laughs with a Home Improvement marathon beginning at 4pm through the night until 6am. The series will air from the beginning with the very first episode. The regular schedule begins Jan. 2 and will have I Love Lucy still from 6am-8am, but now The Brady Bunch is back on the schedule and will air weekdays from 8am-10am. Then it's time for Hallmark's original talk show Home & Family from 10am-12pm, followed by the return of the syndicated talk show The Better Show at noon. From 1pm-3pm will be the new time period for The Golden Girls leading into the return of Home Improvement from 3pm-6pm. Then we mentioned a new acquisition and that series will be the current drama The Good Wife! It was first announced earlier this year that it would premiere in January and now it is time! The Good Wife will air weekdays from 6-10pm with four episodes in evenings/primetime. Frasier will air leading out from 10pm-12am. Looks like The Waltons and Little House will not be needed in January. In late night, The Golden Girls takes that shift from 12-2am. Cheers will remain with its nightly hour from 2-3am into the Frasier encore from 3-5am. And finally, I Love Lucy closes the night out from 5-6am. Onto weekends, there will be a marathon of The Good Wife on Saturday, Jan. 4 from 11am-11pm. Most Saturdays will have sitcoms in the mornings from 6am-1pm with a mix of I Love Lucy, The Brady Bunch and The Golden Girls. Movies and original series round out the afternoons and primetime, before more sitcoms air in late night, with The Golden Girls from 1-3am, Frasier 3-5am and I Love Lucy 5-6am. On Sundays, it is more of the same with sitcoms in the mornings from 6am-1pm with a mix of I Love Lucy, The Brady Bunch and The Golden Girls, like Saturdays. Then movies and original series round out the afternoons and primetime, before more sitcoms air in late night, with Frasier 12-1am, The Golden Girls from 1-3am, Frasier 3-5am and I Love Lucy 5-6am. And that's about it for Hallmark in January 2014. New addition The Good Wife and returns of sitcoms like Brady Bunch are the highlights and don't forget in March, Hallmark will add The Middle to its line-up. Stay with us for more updates on that!
OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network announced that its popular scripted series from Tyler Perry: drama The Haves and the Have Nots and comedy Love Thy Neighbor will return to the network's primetime lineup this January along with two new series, The Diamond Collar and Mom's Got Game and the return of comedienne Wanda Sykes with two new Herlarious comedy specials. The Haves and the Have Nots heats up this winter after its cliffhanger fall finale garnered a series high 2.6 million viewers, making it one of the most watched episodes in network history. On Tuesday, January 7 at 9pm the Cryer family is back with even more scandals, lies and deceit as judge Jim Cryer (John Schneider) mounts a campaign for governor despite escalating family problems and the vengeful actions of his former mistress Candace Young (Tika Sumpter). Perry's comedy Love Thy Neighbor, which garnered a series average 1 million viewers, returns to the primetime lineup on Wednesday, January 8 with two half-hour episodes back-to-back at 9 and 9:30pm and features even more hilarious hijinks from Mama Hattie (Patrice Lovely) and the gang at The Love Train Diner. In addition, the network will premiere all new episodes of returning series favorites in January including Oprah: Where Are They Now?, Oprah's Lifeclass and Raising Whitley. As for the two new series, Friday, January 17 from 10-10:30pm is the premiere of new series The Diamond Collar featuring former mob enforcer James "Head" Guiliani in his new life as the owner of one of Brooklyn's top dog grooming parlors. Between the dogs, the staff, his fiery girlfriend, and his relentless passion for rescuing animals in need, life is a whole new "mob scene" for Guiliani. Then Saturday, January 18 at 10pm is the premiere of the new series Mom's Got Game featuring former WNBA star Pam McGee and her son, Denver Nuggets center JaVale McGee. For the McGees, basketball is a family business. Pam McGee is the first WNBA mother to have a son, JaVale, in the NBA. Now Pam has to juggle JaVale's career, while jumpstarting her dating life with the help of her girlfriends and trusty "manny," Jay.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/02 - Benson - Season 1 (Mill Creek) / Season 2 / Seasons 1 & 2
09/02 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Halloween Episodes Collection
09/02 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Season Nine
09/02 - The League - The Complete Season Five
09/02 - New Girl - The Complete Season Three
09/02 - Soap - Season 1 (Mill Creek) / Season 2 / Seasons 1 & 2
09/02 - What's Happening!! - Season 1 (Mill Creek) / Season 2 / Seasons 1 & 2
09/09 - The Goldbergs - The Complete First Season
09/11 - Growing Up Fisher - Season One
09/16 - About a Boy - Season One
09/16 - Awkward - Season 3
09/16 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Seventh Season (Blu-ray/DVD)
09/16 - South Park - Season 17 (Blu-ray)
09/23 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season One
09/23 - How I Met Your Mother - The Ninth and Legendary Final Season / The Complete Series
09/23 - Mama's Family - The Complete Fifth Season / The Complete Collection
09/23 - Modern Family - The Complete Fifth Season
09/23 - Mom - The Complete First Season
09/30 - The Donna Reed Show - Season 1 (MPI)
09/30 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Fourth Season
Other TV Series:
09/02 - Grey's Anatomy - The Complete Tenth Season
09/09 - Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
09/16 - CSI: Crime Scene Investigation - The Fourteenth Season
09/16 - Castle - The Complete Sixth Season
09/23 - Nashville - The Complete Second Season
09/23 - Scandal - The Complete Third Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Wednesday, October 1
The Middle - "The Loneliest Locker" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Frankie and Mike scramble to find second jobs in a desperate attempt to afford sending Sue to a good college next year. Sue and Brad strive to do something different and important while writing, directing and starring in the senior play, entitled “The Loneliest Locker,” instead of eating the family out of house and home, Axl literally begins to take the home apart when he removes -- without asking -- as many household items as he can to furnish his and Hutch's new rented house, and Brick drives the family crazy when he finds a box containing all of his noisy and annoying childhood toys -- that were purposely stowed away by Frankie -- and begins playing with them.
The Goldbergs - "Mama Drama" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Adam’s desire to be the lead in the school musical, “Jesus Christ Superstar,” goes unfulfilled when he’s cast in something other than the leading role. Insistent her son is a star, Beverly casts Adam in a rival show, but when he becomes too self-obsessed for the rest of the cast, Beverly makes a drastic decision. Meanwhile, Murray’s disdain for traffic results in leaving every sporting event early much to Barry’s dismay, including a Flyers game that ends with an unprecedented event. Actor and comedienne Ana Gasteyer guest stars.
Modern Family - "Do Not Push" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
It’s Jay and Gloria’s anniversary and they can’t seem to get on the same page on what kind of gift to give – sentimental or expensive? And, the Dunphys head to Caltech for Alex’s college tour and while Claire is busy convincing her to choose this school and stay close to home, Phil, Luke and Haley branch off to participate in a psyche experiment. Mitch and Cam are taking a new family portrait with Lily to replace the old one above their mantel, but Lily gives some serious face.
black-ish - "The Talk" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Dre, disappointed that Bow has already given Andre Jr. “the talk” because she thinks he’s too big of a prude to do it, decides to rectify matters by giving his son HIS version of “the talk.” But Dre soon finds himself wishing he’d left well enough alone when Andre Jr. starts to drive him crazy with non-stop questions about sex.
The League - "The Hot Tub" (FXX, 10:30PM ET/PT)
Kevin and Jenny get a hot tub, Taco shops for a new home, Pete tries to put an end to hand holding.
Tyler Perry's For Better or Worse - "Shawn" (OWN, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Though Shawn thought she was looking for a man named Marcus, Todd discovers that Shawn is actually carrying his child.
Wednesday, October 1
- Cristin Milioti (A to Z/How I Met Your Mother) - Watch Cristin on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- John Mulaney (Mulaney) - John appears on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Tim Allen (Last Man Standing/Home Improvement) - Tim stops by Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Neil Patrick Harris (How I Met Your Mother/Stark Raving Mad/Doogie Howser, M.D.) - Neil continues to make the rounds on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He also talks about Gone Girl on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Patton Oswalt (The Goldbergs/The King of Queens) - Patton drops by The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Lena Dunham (Girls) - Lena is a guest on Comedy Central's The Daily Show with Jon Stewart at 11pm.
- Nick Offerman (Parks and Recreation) - Nick stops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Nasim Pedrad (Mulaney) - Tune in to see Nasim on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Tom Lennon (Sean Saves the World/Reno 911!) - Tom is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Ana Gasteyer (Suburgatory) - Ana visits LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings. She will also be on The Better Show, so check your local listings.
- Wanda Sykes (The New Adventures of Old Christine/Wanda at Large) - Wanda chats on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Christopher Meloni (Surviving Jack/The Fanelli Boys) - Christopher talks about being crowned the "best butt in primetime" and shares who he still keeps in touch with from SVU on The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- Jeff Garlin (The Goldbergs/Curb Your Entusiasm) - Jeff chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT. He will also be on Good Day New York on WNYW-Fox5 in New York between 7-10am.
- James Van Der Beek (Friends with Better Lives/Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23) - James dishes with Rach on his new show, CSI: Cyber, and shares an adorable pic of his kids on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings. Tracee Ellis Ross (black-ish/Reed Between the Lines/Girlfriends) - Tracee is a guest on Larry King Now at 2/5pm PT/ET on Ora.tv and Hulu.
- Craig Robinson (The Office) - Craig discusses the USO Comedy Tour on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Kate Walsh (Bad Judge) - Kate will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- William Shatner ($#*! My Dad Says) - William discusses his new project Brown Bag Wine Tasting on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Patricia Heaton (The Middle/Back to You/Everybody Loves Raymond) - Patricia is a guest on The Queen Latifah Show on your local station or at 2am on BET.