Monday, December 02, 2013
As soon as the New Year begins, Hallmark Channel will move on from the holiday movies and go back to their regular programming. Sitcoms Home Improvement and The Brady Bunch are among the series returning to the line-up on Thursday, Jan. 2, 2014 along with a new acquisition. But first on New Year's Day (Wednesday, Jan. 1), Hallmark will air coverage of the 125th Tournament of Roses Parade from 10am-4pm. Then, it's time for laughs with a Home Improvement marathon beginning at 4pm through the night until 6am. The series will air from the beginning with the very first episode. The regular schedule begins Jan. 2 and will have I Love Lucy still from 6am-8am, but now The Brady Bunch is back on the schedule and will air weekdays from 8am-10am. Then it's time for Hallmark's original talk show Home & Family from 10am-12pm, followed by the return of the syndicated talk show The Better Show at noon. From 1pm-3pm will be the new time period for The Golden Girls leading into the return of Home Improvement from 3pm-6pm. Then we mentioned a new acquisition and that series will be the current drama The Good Wife! It was first announced earlier this year that it would premiere in January and now it is time! The Good Wife will air weekdays from 6-10pm with four episodes in evenings/primetime. Frasier will air leading out from 10pm-12am. Looks like The Waltons and Little House will not be needed in January. In late night, The Golden Girls takes that shift from 12-2am. Cheers will remain with its nightly hour from 2-3am into the Frasier encore from 3-5am. And finally, I Love Lucy closes the night out from 5-6am. Onto weekends, there will be a marathon of The Good Wife on Saturday, Jan. 4 from 11am-11pm. Most Saturdays will have sitcoms in the mornings from 6am-1pm with a mix of I Love Lucy, The Brady Bunch and The Golden Girls. Movies and original series round out the afternoons and primetime, before more sitcoms air in late night, with The Golden Girls from 1-3am, Frasier 3-5am and I Love Lucy 5-6am. On Sundays, it is more of the same with sitcoms in the mornings from 6am-1pm with a mix of I Love Lucy, The Brady Bunch and The Golden Girls, like Saturdays. Then movies and original series round out the afternoons and primetime, before more sitcoms air in late night, with Frasier 12-1am, The Golden Girls from 1-3am, Frasier 3-5am and I Love Lucy 5-6am. And that's about it for Hallmark in January 2014. New addition The Good Wife and returns of sitcoms like Brady Bunch are the highlights and don't forget in March, Hallmark will add The Middle to its line-up. Stay with us for more updates on that!
OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network announced that its popular scripted series from Tyler Perry: drama The Haves and the Have Nots and comedy Love Thy Neighbor will return to the network's primetime lineup this January along with two new series, The Diamond Collar and Mom's Got Game and the return of comedienne Wanda Sykes with two new Herlarious comedy specials. The Haves and the Have Nots heats up this winter after its cliffhanger fall finale garnered a series high 2.6 million viewers, making it one of the most watched episodes in network history. On Tuesday, January 7 at 9pm the Cryer family is back with even more scandals, lies and deceit as judge Jim Cryer (John Schneider) mounts a campaign for governor despite escalating family problems and the vengeful actions of his former mistress Candace Young (Tika Sumpter). Perry's comedy Love Thy Neighbor, which garnered a series average 1 million viewers, returns to the primetime lineup on Wednesday, January 8 with two half-hour episodes back-to-back at 9 and 9:30pm and features even more hilarious hijinks from Mama Hattie (Patrice Lovely) and the gang at The Love Train Diner. In addition, the network will premiere all new episodes of returning series favorites in January including Oprah: Where Are They Now?, Oprah's Lifeclass and Raising Whitley. As for the two new series, Friday, January 17 from 10-10:30pm is the premiere of new series The Diamond Collar featuring former mob enforcer James "Head" Guiliani in his new life as the owner of one of Brooklyn's top dog grooming parlors. Between the dogs, the staff, his fiery girlfriend, and his relentless passion for rescuing animals in need, life is a whole new "mob scene" for Guiliani. Then Saturday, January 18 at 10pm is the premiere of the new series Mom's Got Game featuring former WNBA star Pam McGee and her son, Denver Nuggets center JaVale McGee. For the McGees, basketball is a family business. Pam McGee is the first WNBA mother to have a son, JaVale, in the NBA. Now Pam has to juggle JaVale's career, while jumpstarting her dating life with the help of her girlfriends and trusty "manny," Jay.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (July)
07/07 - Archie Bunker's Place - Season One (Mill Creek)
07/07 - Barney Miller - The Final (Eighth) Season
07/07 - Married with Children - Season Eleven (Mill Creek)
07/07 - Married with Children - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
07/07 - The Michael J. Fox Show - The Complete First Season
07/07 - Playing House - Season 1
07/14 - Growing Pains - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
07/14 - WKRP in Cincinnati - The Complete Third Season
07/28 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites - Season 7
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, August 1
Sunday, August 2
- Christina Applegate (Up All Night/Samantha Who?/Jesse/Married with Children) - Catch Christina on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Mark Consuelos (Alpha House/Hope & Faith) - Mark is a guest on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Jerrod Carmichael (The Carmichael Show) - Watch Jerrod on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Jeremy Piven (Entourage/Ellen) - Jeremy appears on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Jessica St. Clair (Playing House/Best Friends Forever/In the Motherhood) and Lennon Parham (Playing House/Best Friends Forever/Accidentally on Purpose) - Jessica and Lennon are guests on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC and on the AOL Build Show.
- Matt LeBlanc (Episodes/Friends) - Matt appears on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ed Helms (The Office) - Ed is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Al Madrigal (About a Boy/Free Agents/Gary Unmarried) - Al will be on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Ellie Kemper (Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt/The Office) - Ellie appears on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Alfonso Ribeiro (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air/Silver Spoons) - Alfonso is a guest on a repeat of The Queen Latifah Show, so check your local listings.
- Kevin James (The King of Queens) - Kevin appears on repeats of Rachael Ray and The Real, so check your local listings.
- Eddie Kaye Thomas (Off Centre/American Dad!) - Eddie is a guest on a repeat of Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Olivia Munn (Perfect Couples) - Olivia joins the Chew Crew on a repeat of ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.