Friday, March 15, 2013
The Good Wife Coming to Hallmark Channel in January 2014; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of March 18, 2013)
CBS Corporation announced a unique multi-platform syndication model for The Good Wife, windowing the off-network rights for the series with distribution partners across subscription-video-on-demand services, a basic cable network (Hallmark Channel) and broadcast television stations (for weekend play). As part of an agreement with Amazon.com, the first three seasons of The Good Wife will be available on Amazon Prime Instant Video beginning now, with season four coming to Prime Instant Video later this year. All Prime Instant Videos are commercial-free and can be viewed at no additional cost by Prime members on Kindle Fire HD, Kindle Fire, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, Roku, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Wii and Wii U, among other devices. In addition, as part of an expanded agreement with Hulu, previous seasons of The Good Wife will be available to Hulu Plus subscribers in September 2013.
Onto syndication, The Hallmark Channel, a brand long recognized for high-quality entertainment, has acquired the off-network cable rights to present The Good Wife on basic cable. Since its premiere in 2009, the unique drama, which combines a sophisticated legal franchise with family drama, has earned numerous awards including the AFI Award (2012) and the Peabody Award (2011), as well as Emmy, Golden Globe and SAG Awards for lead actress Julianna Margulies. The series has also received numerous WGA nominations for its writing. The Hallmark Channel will begin running The Good Wife weekdays beginning January 2014, while they add reruns of comedy series The Middle this fall (2013). In addition, The Good Wife will be available to local television stations for a weekend broadcast syndication window beginning in September 2014. CBS Television Distribution has sold these rights to the CBS Television Stations as the flagship broadcast group and to stations of all affiliations, currently covering 85% of the country. The series is currently in its fourth season and is produced by CBS Television Studios in association with Scott Free Productions. It hasn't been officially picked-up for a fifth season, but despite the lower ratings, they most certainly will, especially since they just did this major syndication deal.
It's Friday, so it is time for "Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows" for the coming week. This is where we list what sitcom stars are appearing on talk shows for the coming week, the stars are both current and past sitcom stars, so this is for all sitcom fans of all eras!
For the week of March 18-22, 2013, we have many current sitcom stars and past sitcom stars on TV talk shows! All times listed are Eastern. So get your DVR's (or whatever you use) ready! Ready? Here is all what you need to know for the coming week!
Monday, March 18, 2013
- Selena Gomez (Wizards of Waverly Place) - Watch Selena on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Seth Green (Greg the Bunny/Four Kings) - Seth appears on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Nick Offerman (Parks and Recreation) - Nick talks about his role on the show and what it’s like being married to actress and comedian, Megan Mullally, on Marie at 12pm on Hallmark Channel.
- Ana Gasteyer (Suburgatory) - Ana co-hosts Anderson Live, so check your local listings.
- Keshia Knight Pulliam (The Cosby Show) - From the ABC reality show that everyone is talking about, Splash, the beautiful Keshia Knight Pulliam stops by The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Bill Cosby (The Cosby Show/Cosby/The Bill Cosby Show) - Catch the legendary Mr. Cosby on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Jenna Fischer (The Office) - Catch visits The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
- Selena Gomez (Wizards of Waverly Place) - Selena continues to make the rounds on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:37am on NBC.
- Steve Carell (The Office) - Steve is part of the guest panel on Chelsea Lately on E! at 11pm.
- T.J. Miller (Carpoolers) - T.J. is a guest on Chelsea Lately on E! at 11pm.
- Glenn Howerton (It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia/That '80s Show) - Glenn appears on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Terry Crews (Are We There Yet?/Everybody Hates Chris) - Terry guest co-hosts a repeat of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Tatyana Ali (Love That Girl!/The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air) - Tatyana is a guest on The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Meredith Baxter and Michael Gross (Family Ties) - Emmy® Award winning actress Meredith Baxter and co-star Michael Gross share their experiences portraying one of TV's most beloved parents and reveal behind-the-scenes secrets from the show on Marie at 12pm on Hallmark Channel.
- Kristen Schaal (30 Rock/Bob's Burgers/Flight of the Conchords) - Kristen appears on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Jennifer Lawrence (The Bill Engvall Show) - Jennifer is a guest on a repeat of LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Bella Thorne (Shake It Up) - Bella opens up about how she has overcome the challenges of living with dyslexia on Marie at 12pm on Hallmark Channel.
- Tina Fey (30 Rock) - Watch Tina on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Jesse Tyler Ferguson (Modern Family/The Class) - Jesse visits The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Selena Gomez (Wizards of Waverly Place) - Selena is part of the guest panel on Chelsea Lately on E! at 11pm.
- Steve Harvey (The Steve Harvey Show) - Steve appears on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check listings.
- Charlie Sheen (Anger Management/Two and a Half Men) - Tune in to see Charlie on a repeat of The Dr. Oz Show, so check your local listings.
- Fran Drescher (Happily Divorced/The Nanny) - Fran visits Anderson Live, so check your local listings.
- Marilu Henner (Taxi) - Marilu co-hosts Anderson Live, so check your local listings.
- David Spade (Rules of Engagement/8 Simple Rules/Just Shoot Me) - Catch David on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Amy Poehler (Parks and Recreation) - Amy is a guest on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Don Cheadle (The Golden Palace) - Don appears on a repeat of The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (January)
01/06 - The Cosby Show - Season 5 (Mill Creek)
01/06 - The Cosby Show - Season 6 (Mill Creek)
01/06 - The Cosby Show - Seasons 5 & 6 (Mill Creek)
01/06 - Girls - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
01/06 - Married with Children - Season Seven (Mill Creek)
01/06 - Married with Children - Season Eight (Mill Creek)
01/06 - Married with Children - Seasons Seven and Eight (Mill Creek)
01/13 - The Big House - The Complete Series
01/13 - Episodes - The Third Season
01/13 - The Facts of Life - The Complete Series (Shout! Factory
01/20 - Welcome Back, Kotter - The Complete Second Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Wednesday, January 28
The Middle - "The Loneliest Locker" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Frankie and Mike scramble to find second jobs in a desperate attempt to afford sending Sue to a good college next year. Sue and Brad strive to do something different and important while writing, directing and starring in the senior play, entitled “The Loneliest Locker,” instead of eating the family out of house and home, Axl literally begins to take the home apart when he removes -- without asking -- as many household items as he can to furnish his and Hutch's new rented house, and Brick drives the family crazy when he finds a box containing all of his noisy and annoying childhood toys -- that were purposely stowed away by Frankie -- and begins playing with them.
The Goldbergs - "The Facts of Bleeping Life" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
With Prince Charles and Lady Di’s wedding approaching, Beverly gets the idea for her and Murray to renew their vows. But with Murray’s complete lack of interest, will Beverly lose her chance at a second wedding? Meanwhile, Barry hopes his and Adam’s garage band will get Erica’s best friend, Lainey, to notice him again.
Modern Family - "Won't You Be Our Neighbor" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Phil is selling the house next door and he and Claire are excited by the prospect of having wonderful new neighbors, but that quickly turns into panic when a loud and obnoxious couple (guest stars Steve Zahn and Andrea Anders) come to look at the house. Jay forbids Manny to see his new girlfriend when he realizes she’s the granddaughter of his biggest business rival, leading to a clash of the closet titans. Elsewhere, Mitch and Cam are determined to switch Lily out of Mrs. Plank’s (guest star Tyne Daly) class since she is known to rule with an iron fist – not to mention she scares them too.
black-ish - "The Nod" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Dre sets out to expand Andre Jr’s social circle to include more black kids after he discovers Andre Jr. is clueless about “the nod.” Meanwhile, hoping to inspire little Diane to become a doctor, Rainbow takes her to work at the hospital... on what turns out to be the worst day ever.
black-ish - "Colored Commentary" (ABC, 10:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Dre wants the family to feel more connected so he encourages “Team Johnson” to embrace what it means to have each other’s backs. But Dre creates trouble for himself when he falls short of Bow’s expectations. Meanwhile, Bow and Dre invoke “Team Johnson” and put the less-than-enthusiastic Zoey and Andre Jr. in charge of babysitting the twins.
black-ish - "The Prank King" (ABC, 10:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Dre fears his holiday fun will be ruined when the older kids balk at the glorious Johnson Halloween tradition of seeing who can pull the most outlandish pranks on each other.
Melissa & Joey - "Let's Get It Started" (ABC Family, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Joe tries to convince Mel that the time is right to start a family; Zander dates Lennox's friend.
Baby Daddy - "Mugging for the Camera" (ABC Family, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Ben and Riley appear on Mary Hart's program to discuss how they foiled an attempted mugging.
Hot in Cleveland - "About a Joy" (TV Land, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Joy sees Bob in a new light when he helps Joy’s grandson deal with the school bully. Elka inspires Melanie to reconnect with a woman from her past. Victoria tries to keep up with her younger boyfriend.
The Exes - "A Bride Too Far" (TV Land, 10:30PM ET/PT)
Holly’s engagement to Congressman Charles Hayward is put in jeopardy when a scandalous photo of her lands in the newspaper. Haskell has an idea for a great new app, but needs an investor.
The Game - "Nothing Was the Game" (BET, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Malik manipulates Jason; Tasha commits to motherhood; Keira's humiliating experience.
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - "Psycho Pete Returns" (FXX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
When Psycho Pete, long lost member of the freight train, is released from the mental hospital, Dennis and Dee rush to get him recommitted while Charlie and Mac attempt to restore him to his former hard-partying form.
Man Seeking Woman - "Pitbull" (FXX, 10:30PM ET/PT)
Josh and Mike have a wild night out.
Love Thy Neighbor - "Madea and Hattie" (OWN, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Madea and Hattie find out about Linda's pregnancy; things don't bode well for Phillip.
Wednesday, January 28
- Kat Dennings and Beth Behrs (2 Broke Girls) - Watch Kat and Beth on The Late Late Show at 12:37am on CBS.
- Rhea Seehorn (Whitney/I'm with Her) - Rhea stops by The Late Late Show at 12:37am on CBS.
- Whitney Cummings (Whitney) - Whitney guest co-hosts The Late Late Show at 12:37am on CBS.
- Martin Short (Mulaney/The Martin Short Show) - Martin is a guest on a repeat of The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Ben Schwartz (Parks and Recreation/House of Lies) - Ben appears on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Kristin Chenoweth (Kristin) - Kristin appears on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Casey Wilson (Marry Me/Happy Endings) - Casey is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Craig Ferguson (The Drew Carey Show) - Craig drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Tony Danza (Who's the Boss/Taxi) - Tony talks about starring in the most talked about musical of the year, Honeymoon in Vegas, on The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Ava Kolker (Girls Meets World) - Ava shares stories from the set of her show on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Raven-Symoné (The Cosby Show/Hangin' with Mr. Cooper/That's So Raven) - Raven-Symoné guest co-hosts The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Oliver Hudson (Rules of Engagement) - Oliver appears on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.