Friday, March 15, 2013
The Good Wife Coming to Hallmark Channel in January 2014; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of March 18, 2013)
CBS Corporation announced a unique multi-platform syndication model for The Good Wife, windowing the off-network rights for the series with distribution partners across subscription-video-on-demand services, a basic cable network (Hallmark Channel) and broadcast television stations (for weekend play). As part of an agreement with Amazon.com, the first three seasons of The Good Wife will be available on Amazon Prime Instant Video beginning now, with season four coming to Prime Instant Video later this year. All Prime Instant Videos are commercial-free and can be viewed at no additional cost by Prime members on Kindle Fire HD, Kindle Fire, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, Roku, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Wii and Wii U, among other devices. In addition, as part of an expanded agreement with Hulu, previous seasons of The Good Wife will be available to Hulu Plus subscribers in September 2013.
Onto syndication, The Hallmark Channel, a brand long recognized for high-quality entertainment, has acquired the off-network cable rights to present The Good Wife on basic cable. Since its premiere in 2009, the unique drama, which combines a sophisticated legal franchise with family drama, has earned numerous awards including the AFI Award (2012) and the Peabody Award (2011), as well as Emmy, Golden Globe and SAG Awards for lead actress Julianna Margulies. The series has also received numerous WGA nominations for its writing. The Hallmark Channel will begin running The Good Wife weekdays beginning January 2014, while they add reruns of comedy series The Middle this fall (2013). In addition, The Good Wife will be available to local television stations for a weekend broadcast syndication window beginning in September 2014. CBS Television Distribution has sold these rights to the CBS Television Stations as the flagship broadcast group and to stations of all affiliations, currently covering 85% of the country. The series is currently in its fourth season and is produced by CBS Television Studios in association with Scott Free Productions. It hasn't been officially picked-up for a fifth season, but despite the lower ratings, they most certainly will, especially since they just did this major syndication deal.
It's Friday, so it is time for "Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows" for the coming week. This is where we list what sitcom stars are appearing on talk shows for the coming week, the stars are both current and past sitcom stars, so this is for all sitcom fans of all eras!
For the week of March 18-22, 2013, we have many current sitcom stars and past sitcom stars on TV talk shows! All times listed are Eastern. So get your DVR's (or whatever you use) ready! Ready? Here is all what you need to know for the coming week!
Monday, March 18, 2013
- Selena Gomez (Wizards of Waverly Place) - Watch Selena on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Seth Green (Greg the Bunny/Four Kings) - Seth appears on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Nick Offerman (Parks and Recreation) - Nick talks about his role on the show and what it’s like being married to actress and comedian, Megan Mullally, on Marie at 12pm on Hallmark Channel.
- Ana Gasteyer (Suburgatory) - Ana co-hosts Anderson Live, so check your local listings.
- Keshia Knight Pulliam (The Cosby Show) - From the ABC reality show that everyone is talking about, Splash, the beautiful Keshia Knight Pulliam stops by The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Bill Cosby (The Cosby Show/Cosby/The Bill Cosby Show) - Catch the legendary Mr. Cosby on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Jenna Fischer (The Office) - Catch visits The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
- Selena Gomez (Wizards of Waverly Place) - Selena continues to make the rounds on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:37am on NBC.
- Steve Carell (The Office) - Steve is part of the guest panel on Chelsea Lately on E! at 11pm.
- T.J. Miller (Carpoolers) - T.J. is a guest on Chelsea Lately on E! at 11pm.
- Glenn Howerton (It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia/That '80s Show) - Glenn appears on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Terry Crews (Are We There Yet?/Everybody Hates Chris) - Terry guest co-hosts a repeat of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Tatyana Ali (Love That Girl!/The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air) - Tatyana is a guest on The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Meredith Baxter and Michael Gross (Family Ties) - Emmy® Award winning actress Meredith Baxter and co-star Michael Gross share their experiences portraying one of TV's most beloved parents and reveal behind-the-scenes secrets from the show on Marie at 12pm on Hallmark Channel.
- Kristen Schaal (30 Rock/Bob's Burgers/Flight of the Conchords) - Kristen appears on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Jennifer Lawrence (The Bill Engvall Show) - Jennifer is a guest on a repeat of LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Bella Thorne (Shake It Up) - Bella opens up about how she has overcome the challenges of living with dyslexia on Marie at 12pm on Hallmark Channel.
- Tina Fey (30 Rock) - Watch Tina on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Jesse Tyler Ferguson (Modern Family/The Class) - Jesse visits The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Selena Gomez (Wizards of Waverly Place) - Selena is part of the guest panel on Chelsea Lately on E! at 11pm.
- Steve Harvey (The Steve Harvey Show) - Steve appears on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check listings.
- Charlie Sheen (Anger Management/Two and a Half Men) - Tune in to see Charlie on a repeat of The Dr. Oz Show, so check your local listings.
- Fran Drescher (Happily Divorced/The Nanny) - Fran visits Anderson Live, so check your local listings.
- Marilu Henner (Taxi) - Marilu co-hosts Anderson Live, so check your local listings.
- David Spade (Rules of Engagement/8 Simple Rules/Just Shoot Me) - Catch David on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Amy Poehler (Parks and Recreation) - Amy is a guest on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Don Cheadle (The Golden Palace) - Don appears on a repeat of The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Tuesday, September 1
Fresh Off the Boat - "Home Sweet Home-School" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Louis and Jessica clash over how to raise the kids and how to run the restaurant. When the boys get straight A’s in school, Jessica decides that their school must be too easy and takes it upon herself to give them more homework and tutor them after class. She takes the same strict approach at the restaurant (no extra croutons for anyone!), so it’s up to Louis to get her to lighten up on everyone.
Fresh Off the Boat - "Fajita Man" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Eddie is so desperate for a new video game named after his idol, Shaq, he goes to work at the restaurant. He expects special treatment since he’s the boss’s son, but is in for a surprise when Louis is determined to make him work hard for the money. Meanwhile, Jessica decides to look for a job of her own.
Fresh Off the Boat - "License to Sell" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Jessica puts off taking the exam for her real estate license because she fears she isn’t good enough to compete with Orlando’s top realtor. Eddie looks to Louis for advice on how to win over older girl Nicole (guest star Luna Blaise), but puts his own spin on his dad’s suggestions.
Fresh Off the Boat - "Success Perm" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Family rivalry spirals out of control when Jessica’s sister, Connie, and her far more affluent husband come to visit. The Huangs try to convince everyone they’re doing great financially, when nothing could be further from the truth. Meanwhile, Eddie is excited to be reunited with his cousin Justin, who introduced him to hip hop, until he learns the kid has moved on to grunge.
Brooklyn Nine-Nine - "The Mole" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
There’s a mole in the precinct and Holt and Jake need to find out who it is before Deputy Chief Madeline Wuntch (guest star Kyra Sedgwick) gets wind of it. Meanwhile, Terry and Rosa visit a “silent” disco to uncover new leads for their new drug task force.
The Last Man on Earth - "She Drives Me Crazy" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Phil is flabbergasted as Todd and Melissa’s relationship continues to develop right in front of him.
Playing House - "Kimmewah Kup" (USA Network, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Maggie and Emma's girls weekend is interrupted by an unexpected visitor; the women battle their old nemeses.
Tuesday, September 1
- Tituss Burgess (Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt/30 Rock) - Catch Tituss on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Steve Byrne (Sullivan & Son) - Steve is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Tyler Labine (Animal Practice/Mad Love/Sons of Tucson) - Tyler will be on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Ming-Na Wen (The Single Guy) - Ming-Na Wen appears on a repeat of The Real, so check your local listings.
- Margo Martindale (The Millers) - Margo is a guest on People Chatter.
- Lake Bell (Wet Hot American Summer: First Day of Camp/How to Make It in America) - Lake is tentatively scheduled to appear on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Tate Donovan (Partners) - Tate is tentatively scheduled to appear on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Ashley Tisdale (Clipped/The Suite Life of Zack & Cody) - Ashley joins the Chew Crew on a repeat of ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Alyssa Milano (Who's the Boss?/Romantically Challenged) - Alyssa will be on KTLA Morning News on KTLA in Los Angeles in the 9am hour.