Friday, March 15, 2013
The Good Wife Coming to Hallmark Channel in January 2014; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of March 18, 2013)
CBS Corporation announced a unique multi-platform syndication model for The Good Wife, windowing the off-network rights for the series with distribution partners across subscription-video-on-demand services, a basic cable network (Hallmark Channel) and broadcast television stations (for weekend play). As part of an agreement with Amazon.com, the first three seasons of The Good Wife will be available on Amazon Prime Instant Video beginning now, with season four coming to Prime Instant Video later this year. All Prime Instant Videos are commercial-free and can be viewed at no additional cost by Prime members on Kindle Fire HD, Kindle Fire, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, Roku, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Wii and Wii U, among other devices. In addition, as part of an expanded agreement with Hulu, previous seasons of The Good Wife will be available to Hulu Plus subscribers in September 2013.
Onto syndication, The Hallmark Channel, a brand long recognized for high-quality entertainment, has acquired the off-network cable rights to present The Good Wife on basic cable. Since its premiere in 2009, the unique drama, which combines a sophisticated legal franchise with family drama, has earned numerous awards including the AFI Award (2012) and the Peabody Award (2011), as well as Emmy, Golden Globe and SAG Awards for lead actress Julianna Margulies. The series has also received numerous WGA nominations for its writing. The Hallmark Channel will begin running The Good Wife weekdays beginning January 2014, while they add reruns of comedy series The Middle this fall (2013). In addition, The Good Wife will be available to local television stations for a weekend broadcast syndication window beginning in September 2014. CBS Television Distribution has sold these rights to the CBS Television Stations as the flagship broadcast group and to stations of all affiliations, currently covering 85% of the country. The series is currently in its fourth season and is produced by CBS Television Studios in association with Scott Free Productions. It hasn't been officially picked-up for a fifth season, but despite the lower ratings, they most certainly will, especially since they just did this major syndication deal.
It's Friday, so it is time for "Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows" for the coming week. This is where we list what sitcom stars are appearing on talk shows for the coming week, the stars are both current and past sitcom stars, so this is for all sitcom fans of all eras!
For the week of March 18-22, 2013, we have many current sitcom stars and past sitcom stars on TV talk shows! All times listed are Eastern. So get your DVR's (or whatever you use) ready! Ready? Here is all what you need to know for the coming week!
Monday, March 18, 2013
- Selena Gomez (Wizards of Waverly Place) - Watch Selena on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Seth Green (Greg the Bunny/Four Kings) - Seth appears on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Nick Offerman (Parks and Recreation) - Nick talks about his role on the show and what it’s like being married to actress and comedian, Megan Mullally, on Marie at 12pm on Hallmark Channel.
- Ana Gasteyer (Suburgatory) - Ana co-hosts Anderson Live, so check your local listings.
- Keshia Knight Pulliam (The Cosby Show) - From the ABC reality show that everyone is talking about, Splash, the beautiful Keshia Knight Pulliam stops by The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Bill Cosby (The Cosby Show/Cosby/The Bill Cosby Show) - Catch the legendary Mr. Cosby on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Jenna Fischer (The Office) - Catch visits The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
- Selena Gomez (Wizards of Waverly Place) - Selena continues to make the rounds on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:37am on NBC.
- Steve Carell (The Office) - Steve is part of the guest panel on Chelsea Lately on E! at 11pm.
- T.J. Miller (Carpoolers) - T.J. is a guest on Chelsea Lately on E! at 11pm.
- Glenn Howerton (It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia/That '80s Show) - Glenn appears on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Terry Crews (Are We There Yet?/Everybody Hates Chris) - Terry guest co-hosts a repeat of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Tatyana Ali (Love That Girl!/The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air) - Tatyana is a guest on The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Meredith Baxter and Michael Gross (Family Ties) - Emmy® Award winning actress Meredith Baxter and co-star Michael Gross share their experiences portraying one of TV's most beloved parents and reveal behind-the-scenes secrets from the show on Marie at 12pm on Hallmark Channel.
- Kristen Schaal (30 Rock/Bob's Burgers/Flight of the Conchords) - Kristen appears on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Jennifer Lawrence (The Bill Engvall Show) - Jennifer is a guest on a repeat of LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Bella Thorne (Shake It Up) - Bella opens up about how she has overcome the challenges of living with dyslexia on Marie at 12pm on Hallmark Channel.
- Tina Fey (30 Rock) - Watch Tina on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Jesse Tyler Ferguson (Modern Family/The Class) - Jesse visits The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Selena Gomez (Wizards of Waverly Place) - Selena is part of the guest panel on Chelsea Lately on E! at 11pm.
- Steve Harvey (The Steve Harvey Show) - Steve appears on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check listings.
- Charlie Sheen (Anger Management/Two and a Half Men) - Tune in to see Charlie on a repeat of The Dr. Oz Show, so check your local listings.
- Fran Drescher (Happily Divorced/The Nanny) - Fran visits Anderson Live, so check your local listings.
- Marilu Henner (Taxi) - Marilu co-hosts Anderson Live, so check your local listings.
- David Spade (Rules of Engagement/8 Simple Rules/Just Shoot Me) - Catch David on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Amy Poehler (Parks and Recreation) - Amy is a guest on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Don Cheadle (The Golden Palace) - Don appears on a repeat of The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, October 1
The Good Place - "Pilot" (NBC, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Thanks to some kind of error, Eleanor Shellstrop (Kristen Bell), an ordinary woman, enters the afterlife and is sent to the Good Place -- which is definitely not where she belongs. While hiding in plain sight from Michael (Ted Danson), the wise architect of the Good Place who is unaware that he's made a mistake, she's determined to shed her old way of living and discover the awesome person within. Helping Eleanor navigate her new surroundings are Chidi (William Jackson Harper), her kind, open-hearted "soulmate" who sees the good in people but finds himself facing quite a dilemma; her frustratingly perfect new neighbors, Tahani (Jameela Jamil) and Jianyu (Manny Jacinto); and Janet (D'Arcy Carden), a walking, talking source for all the knowledge in the universe.
The Good Place - "Flying" (NBC, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Eleanor (Kristen Bell) tries to prove to Chidi (William Jackson Harper) that she is worthy of his help. Meanwhile, Tahani (Jameela Jamil) and Jianyu (Manny Jacinto) try to help Michael (Ted Danson) feel better about the unknown flaw in his Neighborhood.
The Good Place - "Tahani Al Jamil" (NBC, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Chidi (William Jackson Harper) begins formally teaching Eleanor (Kristen Bell) about ethics, and lesson No. 1 is: be kind to your neighbor. Michael (Ted Danson) and Janet (D'Arcy Carden) help Chidi find a new, exciting hobby.
The Good Place - "Jason Mendoza" (NBC, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Eleanor (Kristen Bell) faces her toughest test yet in her attempt to remain in hiding. Meanwhile, Michael (Ted Danson) enlists Tahani (Jameela Jamil) to help a fellow neighbor fulfill her true purpose.
Henry Danger - "Scream Machine" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Charlotte's invention for The Gizmo Show is accidentally destroyed and then rebuilt, Charlotte worries that the attention she gets could expose Kid Danger and Captain Man's secret identity.
Game Shakers - "The Very Old Finger" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
The Game Shakers visit a mummy exhibit to get ideas for a new game they're working on. Hudson accidentally snaps off one of its fingers. Babe leads a quest to glue it back on without getting caught.
School of Rock - "With or Without You" (Nickelodeon, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Lawrence tries to prove his value to the group by taking over the production of their first recording, but his methods create a rift in the band. Guest Star: Brec Bassinger
Sunday, October 2
- Mindy Kaling (The Mindy Project/The Office) - Catch Mindy on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Mindy Kaling (The Mindy Project/The Office) - Watch Mindy on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. She will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. She chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Jamie Lee Curtis (Scream Queens/Anything But Love) - Jamie Lee visits The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Kumail Nanjiani (Silicon Valley) - Kumail appears on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Steve Agee (The Sarah Silverman Program) and Brendon Small (Home Movies) - Steve and Brendon are guests on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Kevin Nealon (Weeds/Champs/Hiller and Diller) - Kevin stops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Kenan Thompson (Kenan & Kel) - Kenan drops by LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Chris Gethard (Broad City) - Chris chats about the play Career Suicide on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Anthony Anderson (black-ish/Guys with Kids/All About the Andersons) - Anthony joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Abigail Spencer (Burning Love) - Abigail talks about Timeless on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and in the 10am hour. She will also be on the AOL Build Show at 2pm. She is a guest on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Nicole Byer (Loosely, Exactly Nicole) - Nicole is a guest on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.
- Rob Riggle (Golan the Insatiable) - Rob talks about Middle School: The Worst Years of My Life on the AOL Build Show at 3pm.
- Alfonso Ribeiro (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air/In the House/Silver Spoons) - Alfonso talks how many America's Funniest Home Videos get submitted and the funny home videos he wants to submit with his family on People Now at 8:30am.
- Jennifer Esposito (Samantha Who?/Spin City) - Jennifer is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Sara Rue (Impastor/Less Than Perfect) - Sara appears on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Jay Ellis (Insecure/The Game) - Jay is a guest on The Real, so check your local listings.