Thursday, August 08, 2013
Hallmark Channel Fall 2013 Preview; 9th Annual PaleyFestPreviews: Fall TV in Beverly Hills and New York City
We can't release the Hallmark Channel Fall 2013 schedule just yet, since it starts in October, but we do have a preview of what is to come. As we previously announced, Home Improvement is joining the Hallmark Channel schedule. The award-winning and much loved comedy, Home Improvement, starring Tim Allen, joins the line-up of TV’s classic comedy series on the Hallmark Channel, with a 10-hour Labor Day marathon on Monday, September 2, starting at 10am ET/PT. Follow the trials and tribulations of Tim "The Tool Man" Taylor, the host of the do-it-yourself TV show, "Tool Time," as he balances life with his wife Jill, played by Patricia Richardson, and their three mischievous boys: Brad (Zachery Ty Bryan), Randy (Jonathan Taylor Thomas) and Mark (Taran Noah Smith). Although he is an excellent salesman and TV personality, Tim Taylor is spectacularly accident prone – particularly due to his personal mantra of "More Power!" - often causing massive disasters on and off the set to the dismay of co-workers and family, leading him to regularly seek advice from his loyal co-host Al (Richard Karn) and his know-it-all neighbor Wilson (Earl Hindman). The sitcom will join the regular Hallmark line-up in October and we will announce the timeslots at a late date. Elsewhere, The Daytime Emmy® nominated Home & Family, the most unique, original program on cable television, returns to Hallmark Channel on Monday, September 30 @ 10am/9C for its second season with all new shows. The nationally syndicated series The Better Show is coming to The Hallmark Channel on Monday, September 30 as well and will air weekdays at 1PM. In primetime, catch the drama-filled season finale of Debbie Macomber's Cedar Cove on Saturday, October 12 at 8pm ET/PT, as the series will continue to air every Saturday until then. The potential new primetime series Dead Letters will premiere Saturday, October 5 at 9pm ET/PT starring Eric Mabius. Then the following week will have a new series premiere following the Cedar Grove finale, Hallmark Channel's Newest Original Primetime Series When Calls the Heart will have a 2-hour special extended pilot Saturday, October 12 at 9pm ET/PT. The series will star Lori Loughlin, Maggie Grace, Stephen Amell, and Jean Smart. And finally, movie premieres include: Dear Dumb Diary on Friday, Sept. 6 at 8; Garage Sale Mystery starring Lori Loughlin on Saturday, Sept. 14 at 8; The Watsons Go To Birmingham starring Anika Noni Rose, David Alan Grier on Friday, Sept. 20 at 8; and The Hunters starring Victor Garber, Michelle Forbes, Alexa Vega on Friday, Oct. 25 at 8. Stay with us soon for the full Hallmark Channel Fall 2013 schedule, which will begin in October with the addition of Home Improvement to the line-up. Since we didn't technically give you a Fall 2013 schedule today, we will be back tomorrow with the MeTV Fall 2013 schedule, which we couldn't release today. Come on back! The Paley Center for Media will present the 9th annual PaleyFestPreviews: Fall TV on September 6–13, 2013 at The Paley Center for Media in Beverly Hills, and on September 7-8 at The Paley Center for Media in New York. Citi has been named official card of the week-long festival and TV Guide Magazine returns for the sixth year as the festival's media partner. PaleyFestPreviews: Fall TV, will feature screenings of the most highly anticipated news shows of the fall season, including: CBS: We Are Men, Mom, The Millers, The Crazy Ones, and Hostages; The CW: The Tomorrow People, Reign, The Originals; Fox: Brooklyn Nine-Nine, Sleepy Hollow, Dads, Almost Human, Enlisted; ABC: The Goldbergs, Back in the Game, Trophy Wife, Super Fun Night, Lucky 7; NBC: Ironside, Sean Saves the World, Welcome to the Family, The Michael J. Fox Show, and The Blacklist. The Beverly Hills location will include interactive panel conversations featuring the stars and producers of new series including We Are Men, The Tomorrow People, Brooklyn Nine-Nine, Back in the Game, Trophy Wife and Ironside. Panel conversations will be streamed live globally during each program at paleycenter.org/live. Viewers are invited to follow the conversation and submit questions on Twitter @paleycenter using the hash tag #PaleyFest. Additionally, in Beverly Hills the festival will feature two special programs, a "Fall Farewell" salute to the SHOWTIME® drama Dexter®, on Thursday, September 12, featuring members of the cast & creative team for a screening and conversation; and a "Fall Flashback," Reflections: China Beach 25 Years Later, featuring a reunion of the cast & creative team, on Friday, September 13. Sponsorship for the “Fall Farewell” event is provided by Samsung Smart TV. All programs in Beverly Hills will begin at 7:00 pm PT and are open to the public, with the exception of the Fox program which will begin at 5:30 pm. Tickets to the 2013 PaleyFestPreviews: Fall TV events, as well as to the "Fall Farewell": Dexter® and "Fall Flashback: China Beach 25th Anniversary Reunion" will go on sale to Paley Center Members on Saturday, August 10 at 9:00 am PT, and will go on sale to the general public on Monday, August 12 at 9:00 am PT. For ticket prices and further information on each of the programs please visit the Paley Center website: www.paleyfest.org. Tickets to the 2013 PaleyFestPreviews: Fall TV events in New York are free and open to members and to the general public, but tickets must be reserved in advance. Paley Center Members may RSVP right now, and the general public may RSVP beginning on Friday, August 9 at 12:00 pm ET. For further information on each of the programs please visit the Paley Center website: www.paleyfest.org. You can view the full schedule for both the Beverly Hills and New York screenings on their website as well.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)
10/07 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Classic Christmas Episodes
10/07 - The Flying Nun - The Complete First and Second Seasons (Mill Creek)
10/07 - The Middle - The Complete Fifth Season (Warner Archive)
10/07 - The Office - The Complete Series
10/07 - The Wonders Years - Season One
10/10 - The Wonder Years - The Complete Series - Read Our Review / The Signature Edition / Seasons 1-3
10/14 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Third Season
10/14 - Two and a Half Men - The Complete Eleventh Season
10/21 - Married with Children - Seasons 5 and 6 (Mill Crek)
10/21 - The Soul Man - The Complete Second Season
10/21 - Square Pegs - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
10/28 - WKRP in Cincinnati - The Complete Series
11/04 - Hot in Cleveland - Season Five
11/04 - Napoleon Dynamite - The Complete Animated Series
11/04 - Sgt. Bilko (The Phil Silvers Show) - The Complete Series
11/11 - Dads - The Complete Series
11/11 - Family Ties - The Complete Series
11/11 - My Favorite Martian - Best of Collection
11/11 - Taxi - The Complete Series
11/11 - Wings - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/18 - King of the Hill - The Complete Seventh Season / The Complete Eighth Season
11/25 - Better Off Ted - The Complete Second Season
12/02 - Happy Days - The Sixth Season
12/09 - Barney Miller - The Complete Sixth Season
12/09 - The Jeffersons - The Complete Series
12/09 - Mister Ed - The Complete Series
12/09 - Mork & Mindy - The Fourth Season / The Complete Series
12/16 - The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis - The Final (Fourth) Season
12/23 - My Favorite Martian - Season Two - Collector's Edition
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, October 25
Sunday, October 26
- The Cast of A Different World - The cast of A Different World reunites on Oprah: Where Are They Now? at 9pm ET/PT on OWN.
- Amy Poehler (Parks and Recreation) - Watch Amy on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Molly) - Melissa visits Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Ray Romano (Everybody Loves Raymond) - Ray appears on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Max Greenfield (New Girl/Modern Men) - Max is a guest on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Norman Lear (Producer of All in the Family/Sanford and Son/The Jeffersons) - Norman chats on Tavis Smiley on PBS, so check your local listings.
- Rob Corddry (The Winner/Ben and Kate) - Rob is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Andrea Martin (Working the Engels) - Andrea stops by Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Nathan Lane (Modern Family/Encore! Encore!/Charlie Lawrence) - Nathan appears on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Laurence Fisburne (black-ish) - Laurence chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Sean Hayes (The Millers/Sean Saves the World/Will & Grace) - Sean is a guest on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Sarah Hyland (Modern Family) - Sarah dishes about a red carpet celebrity mix up and opens up about the adversity she's facing in her personal life on The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- Vivica A. Fox (Out All Night) - Vivica reveals which actor was the worst kisser and why she chose to throw herself an outrageous 50th birthday party on The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- Alfonso Ribeiro (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air/Silver Spoons) - Alfonso drops by The Queen Latifah Show on your local station or at 2am on BET.
- Haley Joel Osment (Thunder Alley/The Jeff Foxworthy Show) - Haley Joel will be on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Zendaya (Shake It Up) - Zendaya is a guest on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Kieran Culkin (Go Fish) - Kieran will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.