Thursday, August 08, 2013
Hallmark Channel Fall 2013 Preview; 9th Annual PaleyFestPreviews: Fall TV in Beverly Hills and New York City
We can't release the Hallmark Channel Fall 2013 schedule just yet, since it starts in October, but we do have a preview of what is to come. As we previously announced, Home Improvement is joining the Hallmark Channel schedule. The award-winning and much loved comedy, Home Improvement, starring Tim Allen, joins the line-up of TV’s classic comedy series on the Hallmark Channel, with a 10-hour Labor Day marathon on Monday, September 2, starting at 10am ET/PT. Follow the trials and tribulations of Tim "The Tool Man" Taylor, the host of the do-it-yourself TV show, "Tool Time," as he balances life with his wife Jill, played by Patricia Richardson, and their three mischievous boys: Brad (Zachery Ty Bryan), Randy (Jonathan Taylor Thomas) and Mark (Taran Noah Smith). Although he is an excellent salesman and TV personality, Tim Taylor is spectacularly accident prone – particularly due to his personal mantra of "More Power!" - often causing massive disasters on and off the set to the dismay of co-workers and family, leading him to regularly seek advice from his loyal co-host Al (Richard Karn) and his know-it-all neighbor Wilson (Earl Hindman). The sitcom will join the regular Hallmark line-up in October and we will announce the timeslots at a late date. Elsewhere, The Daytime Emmy® nominated Home & Family, the most unique, original program on cable television, returns to Hallmark Channel on Monday, September 30 @ 10am/9C for its second season with all new shows. The nationally syndicated series The Better Show is coming to The Hallmark Channel on Monday, September 30 as well and will air weekdays at 1PM. In primetime, catch the drama-filled season finale of Debbie Macomber's Cedar Cove on Saturday, October 12 at 8pm ET/PT, as the series will continue to air every Saturday until then. The potential new primetime series Dead Letters will premiere Saturday, October 5 at 9pm ET/PT starring Eric Mabius. Then the following week will have a new series premiere following the Cedar Grove finale, Hallmark Channel's Newest Original Primetime Series When Calls the Heart will have a 2-hour special extended pilot Saturday, October 12 at 9pm ET/PT. The series will star Lori Loughlin, Maggie Grace, Stephen Amell, and Jean Smart. And finally, movie premieres include: Dear Dumb Diary on Friday, Sept. 6 at 8; Garage Sale Mystery starring Lori Loughlin on Saturday, Sept. 14 at 8; The Watsons Go To Birmingham starring Anika Noni Rose, David Alan Grier on Friday, Sept. 20 at 8; and The Hunters starring Victor Garber, Michelle Forbes, Alexa Vega on Friday, Oct. 25 at 8. Stay with us soon for the full Hallmark Channel Fall 2013 schedule, which will begin in October with the addition of Home Improvement to the line-up. Since we didn't technically give you a Fall 2013 schedule today, we will be back tomorrow with the MeTV Fall 2013 schedule, which we couldn't release today. Come on back! The Paley Center for Media will present the 9th annual PaleyFestPreviews: Fall TV on September 6–13, 2013 at The Paley Center for Media in Beverly Hills, and on September 7-8 at The Paley Center for Media in New York. Citi has been named official card of the week-long festival and TV Guide Magazine returns for the sixth year as the festival's media partner. PaleyFestPreviews: Fall TV, will feature screenings of the most highly anticipated news shows of the fall season, including: CBS: We Are Men, Mom, The Millers, The Crazy Ones, and Hostages; The CW: The Tomorrow People, Reign, The Originals; Fox: Brooklyn Nine-Nine, Sleepy Hollow, Dads, Almost Human, Enlisted; ABC: The Goldbergs, Back in the Game, Trophy Wife, Super Fun Night, Lucky 7; NBC: Ironside, Sean Saves the World, Welcome to the Family, The Michael J. Fox Show, and The Blacklist. The Beverly Hills location will include interactive panel conversations featuring the stars and producers of new series including We Are Men, The Tomorrow People, Brooklyn Nine-Nine, Back in the Game, Trophy Wife and Ironside. Panel conversations will be streamed live globally during each program at paleycenter.org/live. Viewers are invited to follow the conversation and submit questions on Twitter @paleycenter using the hash tag #PaleyFest. Additionally, in Beverly Hills the festival will feature two special programs, a "Fall Farewell" salute to the SHOWTIME® drama Dexter®, on Thursday, September 12, featuring members of the cast & creative team for a screening and conversation; and a "Fall Flashback," Reflections: China Beach 25 Years Later, featuring a reunion of the cast & creative team, on Friday, September 13. Sponsorship for the “Fall Farewell” event is provided by Samsung Smart TV. All programs in Beverly Hills will begin at 7:00 pm PT and are open to the public, with the exception of the Fox program which will begin at 5:30 pm. Tickets to the 2013 PaleyFestPreviews: Fall TV events, as well as to the "Fall Farewell": Dexter® and "Fall Flashback: China Beach 25th Anniversary Reunion" will go on sale to Paley Center Members on Saturday, August 10 at 9:00 am PT, and will go on sale to the general public on Monday, August 12 at 9:00 am PT. For ticket prices and further information on each of the programs please visit the Paley Center website: www.paleyfest.org. Tickets to the 2013 PaleyFestPreviews: Fall TV events in New York are free and open to members and to the general public, but tickets must be reserved in advance. Paley Center Members may RSVP right now, and the general public may RSVP beginning on Friday, August 9 at 12:00 pm ET. For further information on each of the programs please visit the Paley Center website: www.paleyfest.org. You can view the full schedule for both the Beverly Hills and New York screenings on their website as well.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (March)
03/03 - CHiPs - The Complete Third Season
03/10 - Gomer Pyle, U.S.M.C. - The Complete Series
03/10 - Hey Dude - The Complete Series (Walmart Exclusive)
03/10 - Petticoat Junction - Family Favorite Episodes
03/17 - Bewitched - Season 5 (Mill Creek)
03/17 - Bewitched - Season 6 (Mill Creek)
03/17 - Bewitched - Seasons 5 & 6 (Mill Creek)
03/17 - Maude - The Complete Series (Shout! Factory)
03/17 - WKRP in Cincinnati - The Complete First Season (Shout! Factory)
03/17 - WKRP in Cincinnati - The Complete Second Season (Shout! Factory)
03/24 - The Donna Reed Show - Season 2 (MPI Home Video)
03/31 - Silicon Valley - Season 1 (Blu-ray)
03/31 - Veep - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Tuesday, March 31
Fresh Off the Boat - "Blind Spot" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Jessica's college boyfriend, Oscar Chow (guest star Rex Lee), comes to visit. She’s a bit miffed that Louis isn’t a little more jealous….but she’s got a blind spot and is completely oblivious to the fact that Oscar is gay. Meanwhile, Eddie goes to great lengths to get out of the school science fair.
New Girl - "The Right Thing" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Jess crashes a funeral, hoping to delete a “sext” she recently sent to the deceased. Then, Schmidt’s mom, Louise (Nora Dunn), arrives in town for a visit to demand he write thank-you notes for his bar mitzvah gifts, and Winston is desperate to be off-duty friends with his police partner, Aly (guest star Nasim Pedrad).
Weird Loners - "Weird Pilot" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Find out what happens when a high-strung romantic, a serial womanizer, a free-spirited heartbreaker and a sheltered man-child are unexpectedly thrust into a Queens, NY, townhouse.
Undataeable - "An Imaginary Torch Walks Into a Bar" (NBC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
ustin's (Brent Morin) world is rocked when Nicki (guest star Briga Heelan) returns to Detroit and announces that she's engaged. To prove that he is cool with her moving on, Justin offers up the bar for her engagement party and Danny (Chris D'Elia) helps him make an important realization. Meanwhile, Burski (Rick Glassman) his miguided pursuit of Leslie (Bianca Kajlich), but Candace (Bridgit Mendler) helps the gang see his romantic side.
One Big Happy - "Crushing It" (NBC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
On a group trip to the gym, Lizzy (Elisha Cuthbert) spies her secret crush, Kate (guest star Erinn Hayes) and with the help of Luke (Nick Zano ), and Prudence(Kelly Brook), she initiates a conversation that leads to some plans for group bowling. Later, Luke and Prudence help get Lizzy an appointment with the best OB-GYN in the city and Lizzy is ecstatic - until they arrive to a big surprise. Meanwhile, Prudence realizes that Lizzy's pregnancy is making her feel left out and Leisha (Rebecca Corry) helps her explain her feelings to Luke.
Cougar Town - "Mary Jane's Last Dance" TBS, 10:30PM ET/PT)
Grayson is determined to prevent Jules from running her birthday, but it will it be possible when everyone has major changes in their lives?
Sirens - "Six Feet Over/Under" (USA Network, 10:00PM ET/PT)
When Johnny's father goes into a coma, his mother places bets on the time of his death; the guys suffer an ear worm.
Younger - "Pilot" / "Liza Sows Her Oates" (TV Land, 10:00PM ET/PT)
"Pilot" - 40-year-old Liza (Sutton Foster) passes herself off as 26 to land a job in the field of her dreams. Now she just has to make sure no one discovers her secret. Also stars Hilary Duff, Debi Mazar, Nico Tortorella and Miriam Shor.
"Liza Sows Her Oates" - As she settles into her new 26 year-old life, Liza is tasked with marketing an older writer to a younger audience. Although she has a perfect date with Josh, she tries to convince herself to aim for someone more age-appropriate.
Tuesday, March 31
- Josh Gad (The Comedians/1600 Penn/Back to You) - Catch Josh on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS. He also talks about The Comedians on NBC's Today in the 9am hour. He can be heard on The Morning Jolt with Larry Flick on Sirius OutQ channel 106 sometime between 7-11am.
- Thomas Lennon (The Odd Couple/Sean Saves the World/Reno 911!) and Matthew Perry (The Odd Couple/Go On/Mr. Sunshine/Friends) - Thomas and Matthew are guests on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Aubrey Plaza (Parks and Recreation) - Aubrey appears on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Rick Glassman, Bianca Kajlich and Ron Funches (Undateable) - Rick, Bianca and Ron are guests on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Chris D'Elia (Undateable/Whitney) - Chris visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He will also be on the AOL Build Show.
- Mario Cantone (Sex and the City) - Mario joins Meredith to chat about the hottest celebrity beauty treatments and if they could be right for you on The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- Hilary Duff (Younger/Lizzie McGuire) - Hilary joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Kristin Chenoweth (Kristin) - Kristn discusses On the 20th Century on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Elisha Cuthbert (One Big Happy/Happy Endings) and Nick Zano (One Big Happy/What I Like About You) - Elisha and Nick talk about One Big Happy on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. Nick can be heard on Wake Up with Taylor on Sirius Stars channel 109 sometime between 6-9am. He will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Peter Facinelli (Nurse Jackie) - Peter talks about American Odyssey on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Debi Mazar (Younger/Entourage/Working) - Debi can be heard on The Morning Jolt with Larry Flick on Sirius OutQ channel 106 sometime between 7-11am.
- Sutton Foster and Nico Tortorella (Younger) - Sutton and Nico talk about TV Land's Younger on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Mo'Nique (The Parkers) - Mo'Nique is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Raven-Symoné (That's So Raven/Hangin' with Mr. Cooper/The Cosby Show) - Raven-Symoné guest co-hosts The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Caroline Rhea (Sabrina, the Teenage Witch) - Caroline guest co-hosts The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Kal Penn (We Are Men/How I Met Your Mother) - Kal appears on VH1's Big Morning Buzz Live at 9am.