Thursday, August 08, 2013
Hallmark Channel Fall 2013 Preview; 9th Annual PaleyFestPreviews: Fall TV in Beverly Hills and New York City
We can't release the Hallmark Channel Fall 2013 schedule just yet, since it starts in October, but we do have a preview of what is to come. As we previously announced, Home Improvement is joining the Hallmark Channel schedule. The award-winning and much loved comedy, Home Improvement, starring Tim Allen, joins the line-up of TV’s classic comedy series on the Hallmark Channel, with a 10-hour Labor Day marathon on Monday, September 2, starting at 10am ET/PT. Follow the trials and tribulations of Tim "The Tool Man" Taylor, the host of the do-it-yourself TV show, "Tool Time," as he balances life with his wife Jill, played by Patricia Richardson, and their three mischievous boys: Brad (Zachery Ty Bryan), Randy (Jonathan Taylor Thomas) and Mark (Taran Noah Smith). Although he is an excellent salesman and TV personality, Tim Taylor is spectacularly accident prone – particularly due to his personal mantra of "More Power!" - often causing massive disasters on and off the set to the dismay of co-workers and family, leading him to regularly seek advice from his loyal co-host Al (Richard Karn) and his know-it-all neighbor Wilson (Earl Hindman). The sitcom will join the regular Hallmark line-up in October and we will announce the timeslots at a late date. Elsewhere, The Daytime Emmy® nominated Home & Family, the most unique, original program on cable television, returns to Hallmark Channel on Monday, September 30 @ 10am/9C for its second season with all new shows. The nationally syndicated series The Better Show is coming to The Hallmark Channel on Monday, September 30 as well and will air weekdays at 1PM. In primetime, catch the drama-filled season finale of Debbie Macomber's Cedar Cove on Saturday, October 12 at 8pm ET/PT, as the series will continue to air every Saturday until then. The potential new primetime series Dead Letters will premiere Saturday, October 5 at 9pm ET/PT starring Eric Mabius. Then the following week will have a new series premiere following the Cedar Grove finale, Hallmark Channel's Newest Original Primetime Series When Calls the Heart will have a 2-hour special extended pilot Saturday, October 12 at 9pm ET/PT. The series will star Lori Loughlin, Maggie Grace, Stephen Amell, and Jean Smart. And finally, movie premieres include: Dear Dumb Diary on Friday, Sept. 6 at 8; Garage Sale Mystery starring Lori Loughlin on Saturday, Sept. 14 at 8; The Watsons Go To Birmingham starring Anika Noni Rose, David Alan Grier on Friday, Sept. 20 at 8; and The Hunters starring Victor Garber, Michelle Forbes, Alexa Vega on Friday, Oct. 25 at 8. Stay with us soon for the full Hallmark Channel Fall 2013 schedule, which will begin in October with the addition of Home Improvement to the line-up. Since we didn't technically give you a Fall 2013 schedule today, we will be back tomorrow with the MeTV Fall 2013 schedule, which we couldn't release today. Come on back! The Paley Center for Media will present the 9th annual PaleyFestPreviews: Fall TV on September 6–13, 2013 at The Paley Center for Media in Beverly Hills, and on September 7-8 at The Paley Center for Media in New York. Citi has been named official card of the week-long festival and TV Guide Magazine returns for the sixth year as the festival's media partner. PaleyFestPreviews: Fall TV, will feature screenings of the most highly anticipated news shows of the fall season, including: CBS: We Are Men, Mom, The Millers, The Crazy Ones, and Hostages; The CW: The Tomorrow People, Reign, The Originals; Fox: Brooklyn Nine-Nine, Sleepy Hollow, Dads, Almost Human, Enlisted; ABC: The Goldbergs, Back in the Game, Trophy Wife, Super Fun Night, Lucky 7; NBC: Ironside, Sean Saves the World, Welcome to the Family, The Michael J. Fox Show, and The Blacklist. The Beverly Hills location will include interactive panel conversations featuring the stars and producers of new series including We Are Men, The Tomorrow People, Brooklyn Nine-Nine, Back in the Game, Trophy Wife and Ironside. Panel conversations will be streamed live globally during each program at paleycenter.org/live. Viewers are invited to follow the conversation and submit questions on Twitter @paleycenter using the hash tag #PaleyFest. Additionally, in Beverly Hills the festival will feature two special programs, a "Fall Farewell" salute to the SHOWTIME® drama Dexter®, on Thursday, September 12, featuring members of the cast & creative team for a screening and conversation; and a "Fall Flashback," Reflections: China Beach 25 Years Later, featuring a reunion of the cast & creative team, on Friday, September 13. Sponsorship for the “Fall Farewell” event is provided by Samsung Smart TV. All programs in Beverly Hills will begin at 7:00 pm PT and are open to the public, with the exception of the Fox program which will begin at 5:30 pm. Tickets to the 2013 PaleyFestPreviews: Fall TV events, as well as to the "Fall Farewell": Dexter® and "Fall Flashback: China Beach 25th Anniversary Reunion" will go on sale to Paley Center Members on Saturday, August 10 at 9:00 am PT, and will go on sale to the general public on Monday, August 12 at 9:00 am PT. For ticket prices and further information on each of the programs please visit the Paley Center website: www.paleyfest.org. Tickets to the 2013 PaleyFestPreviews: Fall TV events in New York are free and open to members and to the general public, but tickets must be reserved in advance. Paley Center Members may RSVP right now, and the general public may RSVP beginning on Friday, August 9 at 12:00 pm ET. For further information on each of the programs please visit the Paley Center website: www.paleyfest.org. You can view the full schedule for both the Beverly Hills and New York screenings on their website as well.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (February/March)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbrekable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, March 25
Henry Danger - "Gas or Fail" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Captain Man finds himself trapped underground, Henry must devise a way to sneak out of his school's standardized testing to save Ray.
Game Shakers - "Llama Llama Spit Spit" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
After the Game Shakers get kicked out of Fooders to make room for a guest who has his photo on the wall, Babe becomes determined to get their own photo up using any means necessary.
Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn - "To Be Invited or Not to Be" (Nickelodeon, 9:00PM ET/PT)
The quads make a new friend, an amazing inventor, but when not all of them get invited back to hang out again, they start to wonder why.
Love Thy Neighbor - "Better Late Than Never" (OWN, 9:00PM ET/PT)
A missed call leaves Danny and his family in a bad place.
Love Thy Neighbor - "Make Up or Make Out" (OWN, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Still upset with his friends, Danny takes the advice of his family.
Sunday, March 26
- Sanaa Lathan (Family Guy/The Cleveland Show/LateLine) - Catch Sanaa on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Chris Pratt (Parks and Recreation) - Watch Chris on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Richard Dreyfuss (Your Family or Mine) - Richard appears on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Lily Tomlin (Grace and Frankie/Malibu Country) and Jane Fonda (Grace and Frankie) - Lily and Jane are guests on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. They also chat with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Craig Ferguson (The Drew Carey Show) - Craig visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He will also be on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Rachel Dratch (Imaginary Mary) - Rachel is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Pete Holmes (Crashing) - Pete stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jenna Elfman (Imaginary Mary/1600 Penn/Accidentally on Purpose/Courting Alex/Dharma & Greg) - Jenna appears on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Ron Funches (Powerless/Undateable) - Ron is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Kaitlin Olson (The Mick/It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia) - Kaitlin drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Wendi McLendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Wendi appears on a repeat of Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends/The Comeback) - Lisa is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Mark Consuelos (Alpha House/Hope & Faith) - Mark guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Tahj Mowry, Derek Theler and Jean-Luc Bilodeau (Baby Daddy) - Tahj, Derek and Jean-Luc are guests on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Tika Sumpter (The Game) - Tika appears on a repeat of The Real, so check your local listings.
- Vanessa Bell Calloway (Rhythm & Blues) - Vanessa is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- June Diane Raphael (Grace and Frankie) - June talks about Grace and Frankie on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Molly/Samantha Who?) and Ben Falcone (Joey) - Melissa and Ben talk TV Land's Nobodies on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Brooklyn Decker (Grace and Frankie/Friends with Better Lives) - Brookyln stops by People Now at 8:30am.
- Marcia Gay Harden (Trophy Wife) - Marcia opens up about her favorite part of being in the 50 Shades movies on People Now at 8:30am. \
- Tracee Ellis Ross (black-ish/Girlfriends) - Tracee dishes about her Golden Globe win on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 2am on BET or on your local stations.