Wednesday, April 10, 2013
MeTV Network Spring 2013 Schedule with Beaver, Dragnet, Adam-12; TBS Premieres Season 2 of Sullivan & Son this June
As announced back in 2011, MeTV Network will get rights to many series from NBCUniversal Television Distribution. Some series have already started airing but three more are coming this spring and are "new to Me." Leave it to Beaver, Dragnet and Adam-12 will make their way from Antenna TV to MeTV effective Monday, May 6, part of their "It's New To Me" line-up! Both series will be leaving Antenna TV later this month, as Antenna TV starts a new schedule on April 29 (which we will post shortly, so stay tuned). On MeTV, Leave it to Beaver will air weekdays at 9:00am & 9:30am ET, replacing Daniel Boone. The other two additions will be paired in the 4pm hour with Dragnet at 4pm ET and Adam-12 at 4:30pm ET, replacing The Wild Wild West. Both series will lead-into similar style series Emergency! at 5pm, which was already on the schedule. That's it, no other schedule changes will be made. This means The Wild Wild West and Daniel Boone will be off the line-up this spring. Stay with us for continued updates on the MeTV schedule and we will give you Antenna TV's spring schedule later this week, which will obviously not have these three shows anymore. In more MeTV news, his weekend, MeTV will pay tribute to the beloved actress and singer, Annette Funicello. On Sunday, April 14, from 1pm-3pm, Eastern/Pacific, MeTV will air select episodes of Make Room For Daddy. Before she was queen of the beach, she was Danny Thomas' foreign exchange student on Make Room for Daddy. "A Tribute To Annette Funicello" will feature episodes with Annette Funicello in her role as foreign exchange student, Gina Minelli. Sunday's tribute includes several of her classic TV appearances on the sitcom. This tribute carries on the MeTV tradition of paying homage to the lives and careers of classic TV stars. Episodes airing are "Gina From Italy," "Gina's First Date," "Frankie Laine Sings for Gina," and "Gina for President." Make Room for Daddy regularly airs on MeTV every weekday mornings at 5:30am ET.
TBS has announced a premiere date for season two of original sitcom Sullivan & Son. The sitcom was ordered for a 10-episode second season after finishing its first season last summer, which also had 10 episodes. Sullivan & Son will have its season premiere on Thursday, June 13, 2013 at 10pm and will continue to air Thursdays at 10, like last summer. The sitcom will premiere a week after the season finale of fellow original sitcom Men at Work, which will wrap up its 10-episode second season on June 6. Men at Work had its season premiere last Thursday (April 4). In other TBS comedy news, Cougar Town had its one-hour season finale last night (April 9). Back to Sullivan & Son, series star Steve Byrne suffered an injury to his face recently that led his jaw being wired shut for six weeks. So a shutdown of production on Season 2 for the series was ordered until June, but TBS still plans on premiering the sitcom on June 13 as some of the episodes have already taped. TBS's Sullivan & Son stars Steve Byrne as a corporate attorney who finds new life behind the bar when he leaves his Manhattan lifestyle and moves to Pittsburgh to take over his parents' pub. Byrne is joined by a stellar ensemble cast that includes Christine Ebersole, Brian Doyle-Murray, Jodi Long, Valerie Azlynn, Vivian Bang, Owen Benjamin and Dan Lauria. Watch the video announcing the return on June 13:
New on DVD/Blu-ray (December/January)
12/06 - Family Guy - Season Fourteen
12/13 - American Dad! - Volume 11
12/13 - Newhart - The Complete Seventh Season
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Wednesday, January 18
Fresh Off the Boat - "Clean Slate" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
On the eve of Chinese New Year, Jessica pushes the entire family to settle all debts, disputes and grudges to ensure good fortune for the coming year. Unsure if she can contain her temper for the remainder of the day, Jessica enlists Emery to makes sure she keeps her cool. Meanwhile, Louis and Evan go on a wild goose chase to hunt down some hate mail, and Eddie is forced to entertain his super lame cousin.
Speechless - " S-I-- SICK D-A-- DAY" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Maya gets sick, Jimmy is forced to be the mom of the house, and Dylan becomes Kenneth’s replacement for JJ when Kenneth also gets sick. Jimmy ends up doing well with Maya’s normal duties, but he tries to keep it from her to avoid her feeling bad. Meanwhile, JJ protects Dylan from a boy she’s interested in. And despite its illness, the family bands together and pulls an all-nighter to finish Ray’s school project.
Modern Family - "Halloween 4: The Revenge of Rod Skyhook" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Luke’s Halloween party isn’t the monster bash he dreamed of and is at risk of having the worst party of the year. Sensing trouble, the rest of the Dunphy’s realize all his party needs is a visit from Rod Skyhook, a little promotion and some adult supervision to get it started. Meanwhile at the Tucker-Pritchett home, Cam faces off with his Halloween nemesis while Lily and Mitchell try to save the day and work to keep him from going to the darkside. Finally, when Jay finds out that Manny is going to a party at the home of an old enemy, he enlists him to deliver a trick he will never forget.
black-ish - "Good Dre Hunting" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Bow convinces a begrudging Dre to try therapy, and he learns how to cope with his anger issues. Meanwhile, Johan becomes a life coach to the kids.
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - "Old Lady House: A Situation Comedy" (FXX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Charlie thinks Mac's mom is holding his mom hostage so the gang installs spy cameras in their house to monitor what's going on. What they end up discovering is the moms are quite entertaining once Dennis makes some quick edits and adds a laugh track to the surveillance footage. Dee wants in on the new hit show and Frank becomes obsessed with banging Charlie's mom now that he's seen her on TV.
Man Seeking Woman - "Horse" (FXX, 10:30PM ET/PT)
Lucy attempts to forge a relationship with Josh's best friend Mike.
Schitt's Creek - "The Throuple" (Pop, 8:00PM ET/PT)
David and Stevie try to come to terms with their new relationship; Alexis and Moira plan a mother/daughter lunch.
Wednesday, January 18
- Wendi McLendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Watch Wendi on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Nick Offerman (Parks and Recreation) - Nick visits The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. He also talks about The Founder on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am and on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Louie Anderson (Baskets/Life with Louie/The Louie Show) - Louie appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Michael Keaton (Working Stiffs/All's Fair) - Michael is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Woody Harrelson (Cheers) - Woody stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Eric McCormack (Will & Grace) - Eric appears on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Ted Danson (The Good Place/Becker/Cheers) - Ted visits Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Judah Friedlander (30 Rock) - Judah is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Neil Patrick Harris (How I Met Your Mother/Stark Raving Mad/Doogie Howser, M.D.) and B.J. Novak (The Office) - Neil and B.J. are guests on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo. Neil can also be heard on The Morning Mash Up on SiriusXM at 10:20am.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry and his wife Rebecca Romijn chat with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Christian Slater (Breaking In) - Christian guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Matt LeBlanc (Man with a Plan/Episodes/Friends) - Matt appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Patrick Warburton (Crowded/Rules of Engagement/Less Than Perfect) - Patrick is a guest on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Kirstie Alley (Cheers/Veronica's Closet/Kirstie) - Kirstie dishes about the new season of Scream Queens and her weight loss with Jenny Craig on The Wendy Williams Show at 2am on BET or on your local stations.