Wednesday, April 10, 2013
MeTV Network Spring 2013 Schedule with Beaver, Dragnet, Adam-12; TBS Premieres Season 2 of Sullivan & Son this June
As announced back in 2011, MeTV Network will get rights to many series from NBCUniversal Television Distribution. Some series have already started airing but three more are coming this spring and are "new to Me." Leave it to Beaver, Dragnet and Adam-12 will make their way from Antenna TV to MeTV effective Monday, May 6, part of their "It's New To Me" line-up! Both series will be leaving Antenna TV later this month, as Antenna TV starts a new schedule on April 29 (which we will post shortly, so stay tuned). On MeTV, Leave it to Beaver will air weekdays at 9:00am & 9:30am ET, replacing Daniel Boone. The other two additions will be paired in the 4pm hour with Dragnet at 4pm ET and Adam-12 at 4:30pm ET, replacing The Wild Wild West. Both series will lead-into similar style series Emergency! at 5pm, which was already on the schedule. That's it, no other schedule changes will be made. This means The Wild Wild West and Daniel Boone will be off the line-up this spring. Stay with us for continued updates on the MeTV schedule and we will give you Antenna TV's spring schedule later this week, which will obviously not have these three shows anymore. In more MeTV news, his weekend, MeTV will pay tribute to the beloved actress and singer, Annette Funicello. On Sunday, April 14, from 1pm-3pm, Eastern/Pacific, MeTV will air select episodes of Make Room For Daddy. Before she was queen of the beach, she was Danny Thomas' foreign exchange student on Make Room for Daddy. "A Tribute To Annette Funicello" will feature episodes with Annette Funicello in her role as foreign exchange student, Gina Minelli. Sunday's tribute includes several of her classic TV appearances on the sitcom. This tribute carries on the MeTV tradition of paying homage to the lives and careers of classic TV stars. Episodes airing are "Gina From Italy," "Gina's First Date," "Frankie Laine Sings for Gina," and "Gina for President." Make Room for Daddy regularly airs on MeTV every weekday mornings at 5:30am ET.
TBS has announced a premiere date for season two of original sitcom Sullivan & Son. The sitcom was ordered for a 10-episode second season after finishing its first season last summer, which also had 10 episodes. Sullivan & Son will have its season premiere on Thursday, June 13, 2013 at 10pm and will continue to air Thursdays at 10, like last summer. The sitcom will premiere a week after the season finale of fellow original sitcom Men at Work, which will wrap up its 10-episode second season on June 6. Men at Work had its season premiere last Thursday (April 4). In other TBS comedy news, Cougar Town had its one-hour season finale last night (April 9). Back to Sullivan & Son, series star Steve Byrne suffered an injury to his face recently that led his jaw being wired shut for six weeks. So a shutdown of production on Season 2 for the series was ordered until June, but TBS still plans on premiering the sitcom on June 13 as some of the episodes have already taped. TBS's Sullivan & Son stars Steve Byrne as a corporate attorney who finds new life behind the bar when he leaves his Manhattan lifestyle and moves to Pittsburgh to take over his parents' pub. Byrne is joined by a stellar ensemble cast that includes Christine Ebersole, Brian Doyle-Murray, Jodi Long, Valerie Azlynn, Vivian Bang, Owen Benjamin and Dan Lauria. Watch the video announcing the return on June 13:
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, October 21
Last Man Standing - "Trick or Treat" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
It’s Halloween and the Baxter family is excited for their annual party, except for Mike who’s reluctantly tasked with choosing the theme. In hopes of turning everyone against the holiday, Mike decides that maybe if the whole family has to dress up like each other they’ll end up making fun of one another. Eve dresses up like Mandy and Mandy dresses down like Eve, Kristin and Ryan swap roles, and Mike shows up to the party as… Donald Trump!? The impersonating turns into bickering but in the end, the Baxters come together to support Vanessa as she learns that she’s being laid off.
Dr. Ken - "D.K.'s Korean Ghost Story" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
On Halloween, Allison is disappointed the holiday doesn’t seem to scare Dave anymore, meaning her little boy is growing up, perhaps too fast. But that might change after D.K. tells a scary Korean gwishin (ghost) story. The Park family, as well as the gang at Welltopia, bring the story to life playing the various gwishins.
Tyler Perry's For Better or Worse - "Jack" (OWN, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Marcus deals with the loss of one of his former teammates.
Friday, October 21
- Matthew Perry (The Odd Couple/Go On/Mr. Sunshine) - Watch Matthew on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Jerry Seinfeld (Seinfeld) - Jerry appears on a repeat of The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Matt LeBlanc (Man with a Plan/Episodes/Joey/Friends) - Matt is a guest on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Elijah Wood (Wilfred) - Elijah talks about Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings. He will also be on the AOL Build Show at 1:15pm.
- Lindsay Sloane (The Odd Couple/The Stones/Mr. Rhodes) - Lindsay visits Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Tom Hanks (Bosom Buddies) and Ron Howard (Happy Days/The Andy Griffith Show) - Tom and Ron will be on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Christian Slater (Breaking In) - Christian talks about King Cobra on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Anna Camp (The Mindy Project) - Anna talks about Netflix's Good Girls Revolt on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. She will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Jennifer Grey (Red Oaks/It's Like, You Know...) - Jennifer joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Thomas Lennon (The Odd Couple/Sean Saves the World/Reno 911!) and Jason Biggs (Mad Love/Drexell's Class) - Thomas and Jason are guests on Chelsea on Netflix.
- Marisa Tomei (A Different World) - Marisa appears on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Paul Reiser (Red Oaks/Mad About You/The Paul Reiser Show) - Paul is a guest on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.