Wednesday, April 10, 2013
MeTV Network Spring 2013 Schedule with Beaver, Dragnet, Adam-12; TBS Premieres Season 2 of Sullivan & Son this June
As announced back in 2011, MeTV Network will get rights to many series from NBCUniversal Television Distribution. Some series have already started airing but three more are coming this spring and are "new to Me." Leave it to Beaver, Dragnet and Adam-12 will make their way from Antenna TV to MeTV effective Monday, May 6, part of their "It's New To Me" line-up! Both series will be leaving Antenna TV later this month, as Antenna TV starts a new schedule on April 29 (which we will post shortly, so stay tuned). On MeTV, Leave it to Beaver will air weekdays at 9:00am & 9:30am ET, replacing Daniel Boone. The other two additions will be paired in the 4pm hour with Dragnet at 4pm ET and Adam-12 at 4:30pm ET, replacing The Wild Wild West. Both series will lead-into similar style series Emergency! at 5pm, which was already on the schedule. That's it, no other schedule changes will be made. This means The Wild Wild West and Daniel Boone will be off the line-up this spring. Stay with us for continued updates on the MeTV schedule and we will give you Antenna TV's spring schedule later this week, which will obviously not have these three shows anymore. In more MeTV news, his weekend, MeTV will pay tribute to the beloved actress and singer, Annette Funicello. On Sunday, April 14, from 1pm-3pm, Eastern/Pacific, MeTV will air select episodes of Make Room For Daddy. Before she was queen of the beach, she was Danny Thomas' foreign exchange student on Make Room for Daddy. "A Tribute To Annette Funicello" will feature episodes with Annette Funicello in her role as foreign exchange student, Gina Minelli. Sunday's tribute includes several of her classic TV appearances on the sitcom. This tribute carries on the MeTV tradition of paying homage to the lives and careers of classic TV stars. Episodes airing are "Gina From Italy," "Gina's First Date," "Frankie Laine Sings for Gina," and "Gina for President." Make Room for Daddy regularly airs on MeTV every weekday mornings at 5:30am ET.
TBS has announced a premiere date for season two of original sitcom Sullivan & Son. The sitcom was ordered for a 10-episode second season after finishing its first season last summer, which also had 10 episodes. Sullivan & Son will have its season premiere on Thursday, June 13, 2013 at 10pm and will continue to air Thursdays at 10, like last summer. The sitcom will premiere a week after the season finale of fellow original sitcom Men at Work, which will wrap up its 10-episode second season on June 6. Men at Work had its season premiere last Thursday (April 4). In other TBS comedy news, Cougar Town had its one-hour season finale last night (April 9). Back to Sullivan & Son, series star Steve Byrne suffered an injury to his face recently that led his jaw being wired shut for six weeks. So a shutdown of production on Season 2 for the series was ordered until June, but TBS still plans on premiering the sitcom on June 13 as some of the episodes have already taped. TBS's Sullivan & Son stars Steve Byrne as a corporate attorney who finds new life behind the bar when he leaves his Manhattan lifestyle and moves to Pittsburgh to take over his parents' pub. Byrne is joined by a stellar ensemble cast that includes Christine Ebersole, Brian Doyle-Murray, Jodi Long, Valerie Azlynn, Vivian Bang, Owen Benjamin and Dan Lauria. Watch the video announcing the return on June 13:
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, September 24
Henry Danger - "Love Muffin" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Captain Man suddenly announces he's getting married, Henry and Charlotte go searching for answers only to discover that things are not as they seem.
Game Shakers - "Secret Level" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Hudson releases false information about a secret level in a Game Shakers' game, Game Shakers is besieged by angry, crazy fans. Babe uses the secret level to go on a date with Mason Kendal.
School of Rock - "Wouldn't It Be Nice?" (Nickelodeon, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Summer's failed attempt to share a locker with Freddy sets off a chain reaction of locker-switching that puts the entire band out of sync. Guest Star: Brec Bassinger
Saturday, September 24
- Norm Macdonald (Norm) - Watch Norm on CBS This Morning sometime between 7-9am.
- Mark Consuelos (Hope & Faith) - Catch Mark on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Zach Galifianakis (Baskets) - Watch Zach on on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Rob Lowe (The Grinder/Parks and Recreation) - Rob appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also talks about Code Black on CBS This Morning sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings. He will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Kal Penn (We Are Men/How I Met Your Mother) - Kal is a guest on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth) - Will visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He will also be on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Norm Macdonald (Norm) - Norm stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Margaret Cho (All-American Girl) - Margaret appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Jaleel White (Family Matters/Grown Ups) - Jaleel is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Patton Oswalt (The Goldbergs/The King of Queens) - Patton visits Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Whoopi Goldberg (Whoopi/Bagdad Cafe) - Whoopi drops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Kristin Chenoweth (Kristin) - Kristin performs live on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am. She also talks about her new album on the AOL Build Show at 3pm.
- Sutton Foster (Younger) - Sutton talks about Younger on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- The Cast of Younger) - Sutton Foster, Debi Mazar, Hilary Duff, Nico Tortorella, Peter Hermann, Miriam Shor and Molly Bernard are guests on the AOL Build Show at 2:15pm.