Monday, December 10, 2012
Hallmark Channel January 2013 with Happy Days, Brady Bunch; Remembering Night Court Creator Reinhold Weege
The Hallmark Channel will be adding two classic sitcoms to its line-up in the new year! We mentioned that The Hallmark Channel has acquired the rights to groovy '70s sitcom The Brady Bunch, but they have also acquired another coolamundo sitcom... Happy Days! Currently The Hallmark Channel is in their holiday mode with the sitcoms/TV series on a little break for holiday movies but come Wednesday, January 2, 2013, all of your favorite Hallmark Channel sitcoms and dramas return with these two sitcom added! The Brady Bunch will air weekdays in a two-hour block from 6-8pm, while Happy Days will air Mon-Thurs in primetime in a two-hour block from 8-10pm! Whooah! As for the rest of the schedule, I Love Lucy returns weekdays from 5-8am leading into an encore of talk show Marie at 8am. Then the two-hour original series Home & Family airs at 9am leading into a new Marie at 11am. Then its back to sitcoms and dramas for the rest of the day! Spend lunchtime with The Waltons at 12 noon and 1pm, followed by a double dose of Little House on the Prairie at 2pm & 3pm. In the afternoon, Hallmark will thank you for being a friend with America's favorite ladies, The Golden Girls from 4-6pm leading into The Brady Bunch from 6-8pm.
In primetime, as mentioned we are morphed back into the '50s with the '70s sitcom Happy Days from 8-10pm (Mon-Thurs). NUMB3RS has migrated over to Hallmark Movie Channel on Mondays nights from 10pm-12am, as that did not work on Mondays in primetime on Hallmark. Frasier Crane is back in late primetime with a two-hour block of Frasier every weeknight from 10pm-12am. An encore of The Golden Girls will follow in late night from 12am-2am, leading into an hour of Cheers at 2am. Norm! And finally for weeknights, Frasier encores from 3-5am. One other note, Fridays 8-10pm will be a movie instead of Happy Days. Onto weekends, I Love Lucy will air from 5-9am followed by The Golden Girls from 9am-11am. A lot of movies then follow from 11am-1am (on Sundays it is 11am-11pm, as a two-hour Frasier block airs from 11pm-1am). The Golden Girls will air in late night from 1am-3am, followed by Frasier from 3-5am.
Currently The Brady Bunch is airing on cable on INSP every weekday and also on digital broadcast on The MeTV Network every Sunday in a two-hour block in midday. Happy Days currently can be seen on cable on INSP every weekday and was also recently on The Hub. Discuss this Hallmark schedule on our message board and to view the full Hallmark Channel January 2013 schedule. Keep it right here for continued updates on both sitcoms and Hallmark Channel in general!
Television writer and producer Reinhold Weege, who created the hit sitcom Night Court, has died. He died December 1 in La Jolla, California of natural causes. Mr. Weege was 62.
Weege's television career began in 1976 as a writer for Barney Miller. He wrote 34 episodes of the series from 1976-1979. He also worked as the story editor for 22 episodes. In 1978-1979, he was the co-producer of the series. He received an Emmy nomination in 1979 for Outstanding Comedy Series. Weege's other sitcom writing credits included M*A*S*H, Fish and Semi-Tough. He created, executive produced and wrote Park Place in 1981. The short-lived CBS sitcom, which starred Harold Gould and Alice Drummond, ran for only four episodes.
In 1984, he created the popular NBC sitcom Night Court. The successful series ran for nine seasons from 1984-1992. He owned Starry Night Productions, which produced the series until he left in 1989 after six seasons. In addition to writing and producing the series, he directed two episodes in 1985. Weege received three Emmy nominations for Night Court as Outstanding Comedy Series in 1985, 1987 and 1988. He did an audio commentary for the "Pilot" episode and an interview for the 2005 DVD release of Night Court - The Complete First Season.
Survivors include his ex-wife Shelley, daughters Tez and Alix, and granddaughter Zoe. John Larroquette, who won four consecutive Emmys from 1985-1988 for best supporting actor as Dan Fielding in Night Court, had this to say on Twitter: "In life there are those who impact us with such force everything changes. Reinhold Weege was that in mine. May he truly rest in peace." We thank him for creating the underrated classic sitcom and bringing us many laughs. He will be greatly missed.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (June)
06/14 - Ballers - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
06/14 - The League - Season 7 - The Final Fantasy
06/14 - The League - The Complete Series
06/14 - Maude - The Complete Fifth Season
06/14 - Survivor's Remorse - The Complete Second Season
06/21 - Workaholics - Season Six
06/24 - The Monkees - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
06/28 - Two Guys and a Girl - The Complete Series
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, June 27
Mom - "Snickerdoodle and a Nip Slip" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Christy catches the eye of Candace’s wealthy, charming father, Fred, Candace and Baxter are outraged, while Bonnie pushes Christy to give him a chance. Harry Hamlin guest stars as Candace’s wealthy father, Fred. Sara Rue returns as Candace.
2 Broke Girls - "And the Basketball Jones" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Oleg’s pro-basketball playing cousin comes to town to play a game against Max’s favorite team and gifts her with two free tickets, but chaos ensues when the girls interfere with the game and risk ruining their cupcake business’ reputation in the process.
American Dad - "Standard Deviation" (TBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
To avoid a suicide mission, Stan must beat Bullock in a DJ battle; Jeff starts drinking psychedelic teas and builds an imaginary musical instrument with Roger's help.
Angie Tribeca - "A Coldie but a Goodie" (TBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Tribeca believes that a 102-year-old's death isn't as natural as everyone thinks, but her concerns aren't heard because of her probation.
Odd Mom Out - "Fasting and Furious" (Bravo, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Jill's parents come to town to celebrate Yom Kippur and to take care of a matter of life and death; Vanessa flirts with the idea of a breakup; Brooke continues to punish Lex for betraying her.
Monday, June 27
- Eric Stonestreet (Modern Family) - Watch Eric on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Nia Long (Uncle Buck/The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air) - Nia is a guest on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Marc Maron (Maron) - Marc appears on a repeat of The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Jenny Slate (Married/Bob's Burgers) - Jenny stops by The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Connie Britton (Spin City/The Fighting Fitzgeralds/Lost at Home) - Connie is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Natasha Leggero (Another Period/Free Agents) - Natasha appears on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Zach Woods (Silicon Valley/Playing House/The Office) - Zach appears on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Greg Proops (True Jackson, VP) - Greg is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Jill Kargman (Odd Mom Out) - Jill visits Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Aubrey Plaza (Parks and Recreation) - Aubrey appears on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- D.L. Hughley (The Hughleys) - D.L. guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Demi Lovato (Sonny with a Chance) - Demi appears on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Kellita Smith (The First Family/The Bernie Mac Show) - Kellita stops by The Real, so check your local listings.
- Jamie Lynn Spears (Zoey 101) - Jamie reveals that her husband and daughter are hounding her for more children on People Now at 8:30am.
- Craig Bierko (Unhitched/Madman of the People/Sydney) - Craig is a guest on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Michaela Watkins (Casual/Trophy Wife) - Michaela talks about Hulu's Casual on the AOL Build ShoW at 11am.
- Louis C.K. (Louie) and Kevin Hart (The Big House/Undeclared) - Louis and Kevin talk about The Secret Life of Pets on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Tony Shalhoub (We Are Men/Wings)- Tony will be on CBS This Morning sometime between 7-9am.
- Arsenio Hall (Arsenio) - Arsenio guest co-hosts Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.