Monday, December 10, 2012
Hallmark Channel January 2013 with Happy Days, Brady Bunch; Remembering Night Court Creator Reinhold Weege
The Hallmark Channel will be adding two classic sitcoms to its line-up in the new year! We mentioned that The Hallmark Channel has acquired the rights to groovy '70s sitcom The Brady Bunch, but they have also acquired another coolamundo sitcom... Happy Days! Currently The Hallmark Channel is in their holiday mode with the sitcoms/TV series on a little break for holiday movies but come Wednesday, January 2, 2013, all of your favorite Hallmark Channel sitcoms and dramas return with these two sitcom added! The Brady Bunch will air weekdays in a two-hour block from 6-8pm, while Happy Days will air Mon-Thurs in primetime in a two-hour block from 8-10pm! Whooah! As for the rest of the schedule, I Love Lucy returns weekdays from 5-8am leading into an encore of talk show Marie at 8am. Then the two-hour original series Home & Family airs at 9am leading into a new Marie at 11am. Then its back to sitcoms and dramas for the rest of the day! Spend lunchtime with The Waltons at 12 noon and 1pm, followed by a double dose of Little House on the Prairie at 2pm & 3pm. In the afternoon, Hallmark will thank you for being a friend with America's favorite ladies, The Golden Girls from 4-6pm leading into The Brady Bunch from 6-8pm.
In primetime, as mentioned we are morphed back into the '50s with the '70s sitcom Happy Days from 8-10pm (Mon-Thurs). NUMB3RS has migrated over to Hallmark Movie Channel on Mondays nights from 10pm-12am, as that did not work on Mondays in primetime on Hallmark. Frasier Crane is back in late primetime with a two-hour block of Frasier every weeknight from 10pm-12am. An encore of The Golden Girls will follow in late night from 12am-2am, leading into an hour of Cheers at 2am. Norm! And finally for weeknights, Frasier encores from 3-5am. One other note, Fridays 8-10pm will be a movie instead of Happy Days. Onto weekends, I Love Lucy will air from 5-9am followed by The Golden Girls from 9am-11am. A lot of movies then follow from 11am-1am (on Sundays it is 11am-11pm, as a two-hour Frasier block airs from 11pm-1am). The Golden Girls will air in late night from 1am-3am, followed by Frasier from 3-5am.
Currently The Brady Bunch is airing on cable on INSP every weekday and also on digital broadcast on The MeTV Network every Sunday in a two-hour block in midday. Happy Days currently can be seen on cable on INSP every weekday and was also recently on The Hub. Discuss this Hallmark schedule on our message board and to view the full Hallmark Channel January 2013 schedule. Keep it right here for continued updates on both sitcoms and Hallmark Channel in general!
Television writer and producer Reinhold Weege, who created the hit sitcom Night Court, has died. He died December 1 in La Jolla, California of natural causes. Mr. Weege was 62.
Weege's television career began in 1976 as a writer for Barney Miller. He wrote 34 episodes of the series from 1976-1979. He also worked as the story editor for 22 episodes. In 1978-1979, he was the co-producer of the series. He received an Emmy nomination in 1979 for Outstanding Comedy Series. Weege's other sitcom writing credits included M*A*S*H, Fish and Semi-Tough. He created, executive produced and wrote Park Place in 1981. The short-lived CBS sitcom, which starred Harold Gould and Alice Drummond, ran for only four episodes.
In 1984, he created the popular NBC sitcom Night Court. The successful series ran for nine seasons from 1984-1992. He owned Starry Night Productions, which produced the series until he left in 1989 after six seasons. In addition to writing and producing the series, he directed two episodes in 1985. Weege received three Emmy nominations for Night Court as Outstanding Comedy Series in 1985, 1987 and 1988. He did an audio commentary for the "Pilot" episode and an interview for the 2005 DVD release of Night Court - The Complete First Season.
Survivors include his ex-wife Shelley, daughters Tez and Alix, and granddaughter Zoe. John Larroquette, who won four consecutive Emmys from 1985-1988 for best supporting actor as Dan Fielding in Night Court, had this to say on Twitter: "In life there are those who impact us with such force everything changes. Reinhold Weege was that in mine. May he truly rest in peace." We thank him for creating the underrated classic sitcom and bringing us many laughs. He will be greatly missed.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (February/March)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbrekable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, March 24
Last Man Standing - "Bad Heir Day" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Mike and Vanessa think it’s time for newlyweds Mandy and Kyle to move out, but when Chuck relays some unexpected news about Kyle’s absentee mom, Mike has second thoughts. Meanwhile, Eve tells Ryan that Boyd is making up stories about his Dad’s real job, because he’s embarrassed about being home-schooled.
Dr. Ken - "Clark's Big Surprise" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Ken accidentally finds out that Clark and Connor are planning their surprise wedding, he has to find a way to get everyone to come. But Damona finds out and to get Allison there, she tells her that Ken is going to surprise her by renewing their wedding vows. Guest performances from the Grammy Award-winning band, Train, featuring lead singer Pat Monahan and guitarist Jerry Becker.
Friday, March 24
- Sofia Black-D'Elia (The Mick) - Watch Sofia on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Tracy Morgan (30 Rock/The Tracy Morgan Show) - Tracy is on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Malin Akerman (Trophy Wife/Sin City Saints) - Malin appears on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Zach Galifianakis (Baskets) - Zach is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Laura Dern (Enlightened) - Laura appears on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jermaine Fowler (Superior Donuts) - Jermaine is a guest on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Michael Keaton (Working Stiffs/All's Fair) - Michael visits LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Molly/Samantha Who?) and Ben Falcone (Joey) - Melissa and Ben are guests on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Alfonso Ribeiro (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air/In the House/Silver Spoons) - Alfonso stops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Martha Plimpton (The Real O'Neals/Raising Hope) - Martha appears on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Anthony Anderson (black-ish/Guys with Kids/All About the Andersons) - Anthony chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Carl Reiner (The Dick Van Dyke Show) and Rob Reiner (All in the Family) - Carl and Rob are guests on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Kristen Bell (The Good Place) - Kristen is a guest on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. She also joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Jane Fonda (Grace and Frankie) and Lily Tomlin (Grace and Frankie/Malibu Country) - Jane and Lily talk about Grace and Frankie on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Brooklyn Decker (Grace and Frankie/Friends with Better Lives) - Brooklyn talks about Malibu Country on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Rhea Perlman (Cheers/Kirstie) - Rhea talks about Me and My Grandma on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Emma Roberts (Scream Queens/Unfabulous) - Emma talks about The Blackcoat's Daughter on People Now at 8:30am.
- Josh Henderson (One on One) - Josh is a guest on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.