Monday, December 10, 2012
Hallmark Channel January 2013 with Happy Days, Brady Bunch; Remembering Night Court Creator Reinhold Weege
The Hallmark Channel will be adding two classic sitcoms to its line-up in the new year! We mentioned that The Hallmark Channel has acquired the rights to groovy '70s sitcom The Brady Bunch, but they have also acquired another coolamundo sitcom... Happy Days! Currently The Hallmark Channel is in their holiday mode with the sitcoms/TV series on a little break for holiday movies but come Wednesday, January 2, 2013, all of your favorite Hallmark Channel sitcoms and dramas return with these two sitcom added! The Brady Bunch will air weekdays in a two-hour block from 6-8pm, while Happy Days will air Mon-Thurs in primetime in a two-hour block from 8-10pm! Whooah! As for the rest of the schedule, I Love Lucy returns weekdays from 5-8am leading into an encore of talk show Marie at 8am. Then the two-hour original series Home & Family airs at 9am leading into a new Marie at 11am. Then its back to sitcoms and dramas for the rest of the day! Spend lunchtime with The Waltons at 12 noon and 1pm, followed by a double dose of Little House on the Prairie at 2pm & 3pm. In the afternoon, Hallmark will thank you for being a friend with America's favorite ladies, The Golden Girls from 4-6pm leading into The Brady Bunch from 6-8pm.
In primetime, as mentioned we are morphed back into the '50s with the '70s sitcom Happy Days from 8-10pm (Mon-Thurs). NUMB3RS has migrated over to Hallmark Movie Channel on Mondays nights from 10pm-12am, as that did not work on Mondays in primetime on Hallmark. Frasier Crane is back in late primetime with a two-hour block of Frasier every weeknight from 10pm-12am. An encore of The Golden Girls will follow in late night from 12am-2am, leading into an hour of Cheers at 2am. Norm! And finally for weeknights, Frasier encores from 3-5am. One other note, Fridays 8-10pm will be a movie instead of Happy Days. Onto weekends, I Love Lucy will air from 5-9am followed by The Golden Girls from 9am-11am. A lot of movies then follow from 11am-1am (on Sundays it is 11am-11pm, as a two-hour Frasier block airs from 11pm-1am). The Golden Girls will air in late night from 1am-3am, followed by Frasier from 3-5am.
Currently The Brady Bunch is airing on cable on INSP every weekday and also on digital broadcast on The MeTV Network every Sunday in a two-hour block in midday. Happy Days currently can be seen on cable on INSP every weekday and was also recently on The Hub. Discuss this Hallmark schedule on our message board and to view the full Hallmark Channel January 2013 schedule. Keep it right here for continued updates on both sitcoms and Hallmark Channel in general!
Television writer and producer Reinhold Weege, who created the hit sitcom Night Court, has died. He died December 1 in La Jolla, California of natural causes. Mr. Weege was 62.
Weege's television career began in 1976 as a writer for Barney Miller. He wrote 34 episodes of the series from 1976-1979. He also worked as the story editor for 22 episodes. In 1978-1979, he was the co-producer of the series. He received an Emmy nomination in 1979 for Outstanding Comedy Series. Weege's other sitcom writing credits included M*A*S*H, Fish and Semi-Tough. He created, executive produced and wrote Park Place in 1981. The short-lived CBS sitcom, which starred Harold Gould and Alice Drummond, ran for only four episodes.
In 1984, he created the popular NBC sitcom Night Court. The successful series ran for nine seasons from 1984-1992. He owned Starry Night Productions, which produced the series until he left in 1989 after six seasons. In addition to writing and producing the series, he directed two episodes in 1985. Weege received three Emmy nominations for Night Court as Outstanding Comedy Series in 1985, 1987 and 1988. He did an audio commentary for the "Pilot" episode and an interview for the 2005 DVD release of Night Court - The Complete First Season.
Survivors include his ex-wife Shelley, daughters Tez and Alix, and granddaughter Zoe. John Larroquette, who won four consecutive Emmys from 1985-1988 for best supporting actor as Dan Fielding in Night Court, had this to say on Twitter: "In life there are those who impact us with such force everything changes. Reinhold Weege was that in mine. May he truly rest in peace." We thank him for creating the underrated classic sitcom and bringing us many laughs. He will be greatly missed.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, October 24
Kevin Can Wait - "Beat the Parents" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Kevin and Donna are thrilled when their son, Jack, makes friends with a boy from school, Grayden (Graydon Peter Yosowitz), however, when Donna and Kevin don’t hit it off with Grayden’s arrogant father, Vic (Ray Romano), and his pushy wife, Brandi (Lindsay Broad), they set out to sabotage the boys’ new friendship. Matt Romano guest stars as Vic’s second son, Braden.
Man with a Plan - "Pilot" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Golden Globe Award winner Matt LeBlanc stars as Adam, a contractor who starts spending more time with his three kids when his wife, Andi, goes back to work and discovers the truth all parents eventually realize—their little angels are maniacs.
2 Broke Girls - "And the Godmama Drama" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Oleg and Sophie’s plan to have Max and Caroline as Barbara’s godparents is derailed when Oleg’s domineering mother, Olga (Mercedes Ruehl), arrives from the Ukraine for the baby’s baptism and fires Max and Caroline from their godparent duties.
The Odd Couple - "Food Fight" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When Oscar learns that his favorite hangout, Langford’s, is in financial trouble, he impulsively asks Felix to help save it, without considering the disastrous consequences. Also, Felix tries to make his mark on the restaurant when the owner, Fred Langford (Fred Willard), puts him in charge for a few days.
Monday, October 24
- Ricky Gervais (The Office) - Watch Ricky on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Tom Hanks (Bosom Buddies) - Tom appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also talks about Inferno on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Elijah Wood (Wilfred) - Elijah is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Ana Gasteyer (People of Earth/Lady Dynamite/Suburgatory) - Ana visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Nick Offerman (Parks and Recreation) - Nick stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ron Howard (Happy Days/The Andy Griffith Show) - Ron appears on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Kate Micucci (Raising Hope/The Big Bang Theory) - Kate is a guest on a repeat of @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Zooey Deschanel (New Girl) - Zooey appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Michael Chiklis (Daddio) - Michael drops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Jameela Jamil (The Good Place) - Jameela appears on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Aya Cash (You're the Worst) - Aya talks about You're the Worst on the AOL Build ShoW at 2pm. She will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth) - Will is a guest on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Mary Steenburgen (The Last Man on Earth/Ink) - Mary talks about The Last Man on Earth on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. She will also be on the AOL Build Show at 12:30pm.
- Anna Camp (The Mindy Project) - Anna talks about Good Girls Revolt on People Now at 8:30am.
- James Brolin (Life in Pieces) - James is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Matt LeBlanc (Man with a Plan/Episodes/Joey/Friends) - Matt appears on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Nico Tortorella (Younger) - Nico guest co-hosts The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.