Tuesday, December 04, 2012
ABC Family January 2013 Has Return of Full House; The Hub Holidays Has Sabrina and Launch of Animaniacs
ABC Family is making some schedule changes as soon as the 2012 25 Days of Christmas event is finished. On Wednesday, Dec. 26, 2012, ABC Family will bring back Full House to the regular schedule! We mentioned it will get a Christmas episode airing in 25 Days of Christmas, but now it is back regularly! The sitcom will air in two-hour block airing weekdays from 12pm-2pm replacing an hour each of What I Like About You and 8 Simple Rules. Those two shows will be going on hiatus for now, so we'll let you know if and when they return. Their last airings for now are Dec. 14 as Christmas programming airs weeks of Dec. 17 and 24. From 2-6pm, the two-hour blocks of That '70s Show and Reba will be switching time periods, as Reba will now air from 2-4pm followed by That '70s Show from 4-6pm. Movies or original series encores will follow at 6pm. Everything else in the daytime will stay as it is now such as Boy Meets World from 7-9:30am and Gilmore Girls at 11am. And in late night, an hour of The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air will remain at midnight.
Elsewhere on ABC Family January 2013, a New Year's Day marathon of original series Bunheads will air from 11am-6pm, as the new season begins on Monday, Jan. 7 at 9pm. A Switched at Birth marathon will air on Monday, Jan. 7 from 11am-8pm leading into the season premiere at 8pm. The very next day, those liars are back with an all-new season of Pretty Little Liars at 8pm on Tuesday, Jan. 8, as a marathon will lead-in from 11am-8pm. The season premiere of The Lying Game will follow at 9pm. As for movies, the network television premieres for January are Burlesque, Letters to Juliet, Ramona and Beezus and Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'hoole. ABC Family movie premieres for the month are A Lot Like Love, How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days, RV, Furry Vengeance, Garfield: A Tale of Two Kitties, Drumline, Cinderella, and Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End. Stay with us for any further updates!
This holiday season, The Hub TV Network celebrates the holiday season by adding the outrageous animated television series Animaniacs, executive produced by Steven Spielberg, to the programming lineup. A broad mix of wit, slapstick, and pop culture references, the animated series from Amblin Entertainment and Warner Brothers Animation will serve as a cornerstone of The Hub's month-long lineup of holiday-themed programming. The series will premiere with a four-hour marathon on Christmas Eve, Monday, December 24 from 4-8pm ET followed by the holiday-themed musical feature film Animaniacs: Wakko's Wish Monday, December 24 from 8-10pm ET. Animaniacs will continue on the network's schedule in 2013 premiering in its regular timeslot on Monday, January 7 at 3pm ET.
Animaniacs is considered a variety show, with short skits featuring a large cast of characters including the Warner brothers, Yakko and Wakko, and their sister, Dot – three inseparable siblings – as they have a great time wreaking havoc and mayhem in the lives of everyone they meet. The series also features a number of comedic educational segments, often in musical form. Distributed by Warner Brothers Television, Animaniacs originally ran from 1993 through 1998 and established itself with both younger audiences and adult viewers as one of the most successful and popular animated series of the decade.
In addition, during the holiday season The Hub TV Network will count down to a special 48-hour lineup of holiday-themed programming on Monday, December 24 and Tuesday, December 25 highlighted by movies, specials, and series in the spirit of the season featuring a special six-episode, Christmas-themed marathon of the popular Melissa Joan Hart sitcom Sabrina, The Teenage Witch from 7-10am ET on Christmas morning followed by two holiday-themed television specials Atomic Betty: The No-L 9 at 10am ET and The Christmas Toy at 11am ET. Stay tuned if there are any other sitcom holiday episodes or stunts besides Sabrina.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (November)
11/03 - Californication - The Complete Series
11/03 - Getting On - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
11/03 - Hank (1965-66) - The Complete Series
11/03 - I Love Lucy - The Complete Series
11/03 - Men at Work - The Complete Second Season
11/03 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
11/03 - 'Til Death - The Complete Third Season
11/10 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - The Complete Remastered Series (DVD)
11/10 - Maude - The Complete Third Season
11/10 - WKRP in Cincinnati - The Complete Final (Fourth) Season
11/17 - The Comedians - The Complete Series
11/17 - Cristela - The Complete First Season
11/17 - McHale's Navy - The Complete Series
11/17 - Sgt. Bilko (The Phil Silvers Show) - The Fourth Season
11/17 - Weird Loners - The Complete Series
11/24 - George Lopez - The Complete Sixth Seaon
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Sunday, November 29
The Simpsons - "Puffless" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Upon learning that their father really died of lung cancer, Selma and Patty agree to quit smoking. When Selma relapses, an angry Patty moves in with Marge and Homer.
Family Guy - "Fighting Irish" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Peter claims he would beat Liam Neeson (guest-voicing as himself) in a fight, but when he is put to the test, he learns that winning is tougher than it seems. Meanwhile, Stewie becomes jealous when Lois decides to be a class mom and starts paying more attention to the other kids over him.
The Last Man on Earth - "Is There Anybody Out There?" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Phil and Carol leave Tucson behind and strike out on their own in a road trip across the United States.
Monday, November 30
- Aziz Ansari (Parks and Recreation) - Watch Aziz The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Richard Kind (Spin City/Mad About You) - Richard is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Alan Tudyk (Suburgatory) - Alan appears on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Brent Morin and Rick Glassman (Undateable) - Brent and Rick are guests on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- David Spade (Rules of Engagement/8 Simple Rules/Just Shoot Me!) - David stops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Michael Chiklis (Daddio) - Michael visits LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Kim Fields (The Facts of Life/Living Single) - Kim dishes on the new season of The Real Housewives of Atlanta and talks about why she decided to join the show on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Scott Foley (The Goodwin Games/A.U.S.A./Scrubs) - Scott drops by The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- Loretta Devine (The Carmichael Show) - Loretta is a guest on The Real, so check your local listings.
- America Ferrera (Superstore) - America talks about her new series Superstore on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Bob Saget (Fuller House/How I Met Your Mother/Full House) - Bob is a guest on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Cheryl Hines (Curb Your Enthusiasm/Suburgatory) - Cheryl talks about her movie Christmas Eve on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.