Tuesday, December 04, 2012
ABC Family January 2013 Has Return of Full House; The Hub Holidays Has Sabrina and Launch of Animaniacs
ABC Family is making some schedule changes as soon as the 2012 25 Days of Christmas event is finished. On Wednesday, Dec. 26, 2012, ABC Family will bring back Full House to the regular schedule! We mentioned it will get a Christmas episode airing in 25 Days of Christmas, but now it is back regularly! The sitcom will air in two-hour block airing weekdays from 12pm-2pm replacing an hour each of What I Like About You and 8 Simple Rules. Those two shows will be going on hiatus for now, so we'll let you know if and when they return. Their last airings for now are Dec. 14 as Christmas programming airs weeks of Dec. 17 and 24. From 2-6pm, the two-hour blocks of That '70s Show and Reba will be switching time periods, as Reba will now air from 2-4pm followed by That '70s Show from 4-6pm. Movies or original series encores will follow at 6pm. Everything else in the daytime will stay as it is now such as Boy Meets World from 7-9:30am and Gilmore Girls at 11am. And in late night, an hour of The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air will remain at midnight.
Elsewhere on ABC Family January 2013, a New Year's Day marathon of original series Bunheads will air from 11am-6pm, as the new season begins on Monday, Jan. 7 at 9pm. A Switched at Birth marathon will air on Monday, Jan. 7 from 11am-8pm leading into the season premiere at 8pm. The very next day, those liars are back with an all-new season of Pretty Little Liars at 8pm on Tuesday, Jan. 8, as a marathon will lead-in from 11am-8pm. The season premiere of The Lying Game will follow at 9pm. As for movies, the network television premieres for January are Burlesque, Letters to Juliet, Ramona and Beezus and Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'hoole. ABC Family movie premieres for the month are A Lot Like Love, How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days, RV, Furry Vengeance, Garfield: A Tale of Two Kitties, Drumline, Cinderella, and Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End. Stay with us for any further updates!
This holiday season, The Hub TV Network celebrates the holiday season by adding the outrageous animated television series Animaniacs, executive produced by Steven Spielberg, to the programming lineup. A broad mix of wit, slapstick, and pop culture references, the animated series from Amblin Entertainment and Warner Brothers Animation will serve as a cornerstone of The Hub's month-long lineup of holiday-themed programming. The series will premiere with a four-hour marathon on Christmas Eve, Monday, December 24 from 4-8pm ET followed by the holiday-themed musical feature film Animaniacs: Wakko's Wish Monday, December 24 from 8-10pm ET. Animaniacs will continue on the network's schedule in 2013 premiering in its regular timeslot on Monday, January 7 at 3pm ET.
Animaniacs is considered a variety show, with short skits featuring a large cast of characters including the Warner brothers, Yakko and Wakko, and their sister, Dot – three inseparable siblings – as they have a great time wreaking havoc and mayhem in the lives of everyone they meet. The series also features a number of comedic educational segments, often in musical form. Distributed by Warner Brothers Television, Animaniacs originally ran from 1993 through 1998 and established itself with both younger audiences and adult viewers as one of the most successful and popular animated series of the decade.
In addition, during the holiday season The Hub TV Network will count down to a special 48-hour lineup of holiday-themed programming on Monday, December 24 and Tuesday, December 25 highlighted by movies, specials, and series in the spirit of the season featuring a special six-episode, Christmas-themed marathon of the popular Melissa Joan Hart sitcom Sabrina, The Teenage Witch from 7-10am ET on Christmas morning followed by two holiday-themed television specials Atomic Betty: The No-L 9 at 10am ET and The Christmas Toy at 11am ET. Stay tuned if there are any other sitcom holiday episodes or stunts besides Sabrina.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (June)
06/14 - Ballers - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
06/14 - The League - Season 7 - The Final Fantasy
06/14 - The League - The Complete Series
06/14 - Maude - The Complete Fifth Season
06/14 - Survivor's Remorse - The Complete Second Season
06/21 - Workaholics - Season Six
06/24 - The Monkees - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
06/28 - Two Guys and a Girl - The Complete Series
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, June 25
The Thundermans - "Chutes and Splatters" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Phoebe's newest superhero mission is to babysit President Kuckbutt's troublemaking teen daughter, but the assignment quickly snowballs out of control when Phoebe's charge sneaks into the town's illegal nightclub.
Bella and the Bulldogs - "Biggest. Game. Ever" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Everything the Bulldogs have worked for has led up to this game- the state championship against their rivals Whitworth! But when their new game plan is not working, the team has a shocking realization.
Sunday, June 26
- Sandra Bernhard (Roseanne) - Catch Sandra on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Eric Stonestreet (Modern Family) - Watch Eric on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Nia Long (Uncle Buck/The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air) - Nia is a guest on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Marc Maron (Maron) - Marc appears on a repeat of The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Connie Britton (Spin City/The Fighting Fitzgeralds/Lost at Home) - Connie is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Natasha Leggero (Another Period/Free Agents) - Natasha appears on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Jenny Slate (Married/Bob's Burgers) - Jenny stops by The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Zach Woods (Silicon Valley/Playing House/The Office) - Zach appears on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Greg Proops (True Jackson, VP) - Greg is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Jill Kargman (Odd Mom Out) - Jill visits Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Aubrey Plaza (Parks and Recreation) - Aubrey appears on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- D.L. Hughley (The Hughleys) - D.L. guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Demi Lovato (Sonny with a Chance) - Demi appears on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Kellita Smith (The First Family/The Bernie Mac Show) - Kellita stops by The Real, so check your local listings.
- Jamie Lynn Spears (Zoey 101) - Jamie reveals that her husband and daughter are hounding her for more children on People Now at 8:30am.
- Craig Bierko (Unhitched/Madman of the People/Sydney) - Craig is a guest on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Michaela Watkins (Casual/Trophy Wife) - Michaela talks about Hulu's Casual on the AOL Build ShoW at 11am.
- Louis C.K. (Louie) and Kevin Hart (The Big House/Undeclared) - Louis and Kevin talk about The Secret Life of Pets on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Tony Shalhoub (We Are Men/Wings)- Tony will be on CBS This Morning sometime between 7-9am.
- Arsenio Hall (Arsenio) - Arsenio guest co-hosts Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.