Tuesday, December 04, 2012
ABC Family January 2013 Has Return of Full House; The Hub Holidays Has Sabrina and Launch of Animaniacs
ABC Family is making some schedule changes as soon as the 2012 25 Days of Christmas event is finished. On Wednesday, Dec. 26, 2012, ABC Family will bring back Full House to the regular schedule! We mentioned it will get a Christmas episode airing in 25 Days of Christmas, but now it is back regularly! The sitcom will air in two-hour block airing weekdays from 12pm-2pm replacing an hour each of What I Like About You and 8 Simple Rules. Those two shows will be going on hiatus for now, so we'll let you know if and when they return. Their last airings for now are Dec. 14 as Christmas programming airs weeks of Dec. 17 and 24. From 2-6pm, the two-hour blocks of That '70s Show and Reba will be switching time periods, as Reba will now air from 2-4pm followed by That '70s Show from 4-6pm. Movies or original series encores will follow at 6pm. Everything else in the daytime will stay as it is now such as Boy Meets World from 7-9:30am and Gilmore Girls at 11am. And in late night, an hour of The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air will remain at midnight.
Elsewhere on ABC Family January 2013, a New Year's Day marathon of original series Bunheads will air from 11am-6pm, as the new season begins on Monday, Jan. 7 at 9pm. A Switched at Birth marathon will air on Monday, Jan. 7 from 11am-8pm leading into the season premiere at 8pm. The very next day, those liars are back with an all-new season of Pretty Little Liars at 8pm on Tuesday, Jan. 8, as a marathon will lead-in from 11am-8pm. The season premiere of The Lying Game will follow at 9pm. As for movies, the network television premieres for January are Burlesque, Letters to Juliet, Ramona and Beezus and Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'hoole. ABC Family movie premieres for the month are A Lot Like Love, How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days, RV, Furry Vengeance, Garfield: A Tale of Two Kitties, Drumline, Cinderella, and Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End. Stay with us for any further updates!
This holiday season, The Hub TV Network celebrates the holiday season by adding the outrageous animated television series Animaniacs, executive produced by Steven Spielberg, to the programming lineup. A broad mix of wit, slapstick, and pop culture references, the animated series from Amblin Entertainment and Warner Brothers Animation will serve as a cornerstone of The Hub's month-long lineup of holiday-themed programming. The series will premiere with a four-hour marathon on Christmas Eve, Monday, December 24 from 4-8pm ET followed by the holiday-themed musical feature film Animaniacs: Wakko's Wish Monday, December 24 from 8-10pm ET. Animaniacs will continue on the network's schedule in 2013 premiering in its regular timeslot on Monday, January 7 at 3pm ET.
Animaniacs is considered a variety show, with short skits featuring a large cast of characters including the Warner brothers, Yakko and Wakko, and their sister, Dot – three inseparable siblings – as they have a great time wreaking havoc and mayhem in the lives of everyone they meet. The series also features a number of comedic educational segments, often in musical form. Distributed by Warner Brothers Television, Animaniacs originally ran from 1993 through 1998 and established itself with both younger audiences and adult viewers as one of the most successful and popular animated series of the decade.
In addition, during the holiday season The Hub TV Network will count down to a special 48-hour lineup of holiday-themed programming on Monday, December 24 and Tuesday, December 25 highlighted by movies, specials, and series in the spirit of the season featuring a special six-episode, Christmas-themed marathon of the popular Melissa Joan Hart sitcom Sabrina, The Teenage Witch from 7-10am ET on Christmas morning followed by two holiday-themed television specials Atomic Betty: The No-L 9 at 10am ET and The Christmas Toy at 11am ET. Stay tuned if there are any other sitcom holiday episodes or stunts besides Sabrina.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (February)
02/16 - The Andy Griffith Show - The Complete Series
02/16 - The Brady Kids - The Complete Animated Series
02/16 - Girls - The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
02/16 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Complete Series
02/16 - Togetherness - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, February 6
Game Shakers - "Shark Explosion" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Triple G's mom Jackie invites the Game Shakers on her yacht to see fireworks. But she and Double G have doubled booked the yacht, causing Dub to compete with her for the kids' affection.
Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn - "Doggy Door Afternoon" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Squishy Paws runs away when the Quads are home alone and they have an argument they've been having since before they were born: who should be in charge. They must work together to find Squishy Paws before their parents get home.
100 Things to Do Before High School - "Meet Your Idol Thing!" (Nickelodeon, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Our friends set out to meet their idols, but when their carefully laid plans begin to unravel, they realize the importance of patience and recognizing the idols in your everyday life. Guest Stars: Louie Vito, Neil deGrasse Tyson.
Sunday, February 7
- Tina Fey (30 Rock) - Catch Tina on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Adam DeVine (Modern Family/Workaholics) - Adam is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Brie Larson (United States of Tara/Raising Dad) - Watch Brie on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Rebel Wilson (Super Fun Night) - Rebel visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Fred Savage (The Grinder/Working/The Wonder Years) - Fred appears on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Gillian Jacobs (Community) - Gillian is a guest on Comedy Central's The Daily Show with Trevor Noah at 11pm. She also talks about Love on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Keke Palmer (Scream Queens/True Jackson, VP) - Keke appears on The Nightly Show with Larry Wilmore at 11:30pm on Comedy Central.
- David Koechner (F Is for Family/Hank/The Office) - David will be on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Kevin Nealon (Weeds/Hiller and Diller/Champs) - Kevin appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Jim Jefferies (Legit) - Jim is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Ray Romano (Everybody Loves Raymond) - Ray stops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Julie Bowen (Modern Family) - Julie visits The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Ben Feldman (Superstore/A to Z/Living with Fran) - Ben discusses Superstore on The Meredith Vieira Show (check your local listings) and on People Now.
- Rachael Harris (Surviving Jack/My Boys/Notes from the Underbelly) - Rachael talks about Deadpool on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Sherri Shepherd (Less Than Perfect/Sherri) - Sherri takes viewers behind the scenes of the Super Bowl on The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Rhea Seehorn (Whitney/I'm with You) - Rhea talks about Better Call Saul on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Britt Lower (Man Seeking Woman) - Britt is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.